PDA

View Full Version : comp game license/ rFactor

simon_blay
5th May 2008, 21:42
Does anyone else play rFactor? Why are the modders not allowed to produce a custom version of the BTCC, who tells them no/pulls them from the game? I would have thought its free publicity and cannot see what harm it could do the series. Saying that, there is a mod very similar that is superb, just a shame that they are not allowed to go all the way

AndySpeed
5th May 2008, 22:22
Because, I think, Codemasters owns the licence and ToCA has to protect that licence and has pulled the mod.

From Mr Gow himself:
"For the exact same reason that anyone can't go and just produce a game or a game modification using, say, the images of Michael Schumacher or Mickey Mouse."

thompp
6th May 2008, 09:27
Because, I think, Codemasters owns the licence and ToCA has to protect that licence and has pulled the mod.

And Codemasters' TRD3 doesnt even feature the BTCC....!

From Mr Gow himself:
"For the exact same reason that anyone can't go and just produce a game or a game modification using, say, the images of Michael Schumacher or Mickey Mouse."

Dang - there goes my Mickey Mouse and Goofy F1 Challenge game..!

simon_blay
6th May 2008, 21:31
nevermind. rFactor is still awesome, best game ive ever played

AndyRAC
7th May 2008, 08:40

From Mr Gow himself:

Yeah, and when was the last time the BTCC was in a game. Great business by Codemasters, have the license but don't use it - then nobody else can use it.

VXRDartford
7th May 2008, 17:43
if u do want to race a btcc car vauxhall are selling Crowne Plaza raceway (think thats its name) on their stall at the BTCC meetings it contains Priaulx's beemer and gio's vauxhall on the race07 platform but it is a stand alone game (£8.95)

m0rk
10th May 2008, 15:15
if u do want to race a btcc car vauxhall are selling Crowne Plaza raceway (think thats its name) on their stall at the BTCC meetings it contains Priaulx's beemer and gio's vauxhall on the race07 platform but it is a stand alone game (£8.95)

glad I picked it up for free when they cocked up the online download then

VkmSpouge
10th May 2008, 16:30
I would like to know when Codemasters rights to use the BTCC ends so that I can buy a BTCC game.