PDA

View Full Version : Bloody forumers spamming me!!!!!

Daniel
4th May 2008, 20:36
Has anyone had any emails from other forumers which are clearly spam? Looks like someone might have a virus or something :mark:

dc10
4th May 2008, 23:07
No, not that I know of.

DonJippo
4th May 2008, 23:26
Has anyone had any emails from other forumers which are clearly spam? Looks like someone might have a virus or something :mark:

I got one from Tallmeister...

jso1985
4th May 2008, 23:40
I got two from Erki!

if anyone got one from me(Javier Sandi) please let me know

Daniel
4th May 2008, 23:42
I got one from Tallmeister...
Yeah me too. I bought one of those F6's with the 2880mm zoom lenses on it though :D

Daniel
4th May 2008, 23:44
I got two from Erki!

if anyone got one from me(Javier Sandi) please let me know

None from you. Seems to only be people on that person's MSN list or Hotmail address book.

If anyone has had an email from me do let me know as well.

J4MIE
5th May 2008, 00:04
Yeah had a lot of this over the past few days, also messages from MSN (though people are offline, it gives you a link and then takes you to a site asking to sign in to MSN with your details to view pics sent by the person) :up:

maxu05
5th May 2008, 04:50
Spammers should be flogged on the naked buttocks with a wet boot lace.

Dave B
5th May 2008, 08:29
Happy Birthday, spam :s

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7380788.stm

Azumanga Davo
5th May 2008, 10:26
Can't say I had anything either.

DonJippo
5th May 2008, 10:48
Yeah me too. I bought one of those F6's with the 2880mm zoom lenses on it though :D

I bought Samsung 50" plasma tv for 523€ :p :

Drew
5th May 2008, 18:32
Thanks for the Pumpkin oatmeal cookies recipe, Erki!

GridGirl
5th May 2008, 21:06
I didn;t get any. You must be special Daniel. :p

Mark
6th May 2008, 07:29
Remember, spam is almost never actually from the person in the from address.

maxu05
6th May 2008, 07:38
Spam is ok in a sandwich :D

ShiftingGears
6th May 2008, 09:42
No, they might like it too much. I know I would. :p

...Max?

555-04Q2
6th May 2008, 12:23

Yup. Spam for some male product they are trying to sell me. We should hunt the b@st@rds down !!!!!

MrJan
6th May 2008, 14:32
Yup I got a couple e-mails that were apparently from Erki. Wasn't quite sure what to make of them though.

SOD
6th May 2008, 14:55
I send penis lengthening spam to myself!

Azumanga Davo
6th May 2008, 17:48
I send penis lengthening spam to myself!

Did you ever fall for the Irish banking scheme fake where you deposited $12,000,000 into your own account?

I did twice. :(

So be careful out there guys.

Daniel
6th May 2008, 18:11
Did you ever fall for the Irish banking scheme fake where you deposited $12,000,000 into your own account?

Is that the one where you tell yourself that you're the son of the deposed king of a central african nation and you need somewhere to store your money?

Azumanga Davo
7th May 2008, 10:39
Is that the one where you tell yourself that you're the son of the deposed king of a central african nation and you need somewhere to store your money?

Et tu, Daniel? You got it in one.

Excuse me while I go get a law degree to sue my own ass.

Erki
10th May 2008, 17:56
http://www.vizhost.com/~raptors/f/images/smilies/adoration.gif Thank you, thank you, thank you. :p

Just thought that as I've been a little less active on these forums lately, I would get you up to date with my happenings. :p

Thanks for the Pumpkin oatmeal cookies recipe, Erki!

You're welcome. :)

Remember, spam is almost never actually from the person
in the from address.

It actually does seem to be sent from my account. There are some spam items in my hotmail "sent" folder. Not sent by myself, though.

It was pretty funny though. A week ago I was away two days and after those days, I opened my hotmail and was pretty surprised to find that there were some 11 new messages. I thought I won something or did something major and became a superstar already. :D But no.. just some spam. And I'm getting some "Postmaster delivery status" or what not e-mails too, from hotmail itself it seems. Some people don't receive these emails, it seems.

I have no idea how to stop it though. Maybe clearing my contact list would help...

Daniel
10th May 2008, 17:57
Try changing your username and password?

Erki
10th May 2008, 18:15
Can I change my hotmail username?

Could this spam thing be caused by me using Vista? :cheese: :p

Daniel
10th May 2008, 18:18
Can I change my hotmail username?

Could this spam thing be caused by me using Vista? :cheese: :p
Could be.... one of the other people who's spamming me uses Vista for sure. But it's just a guess. I'm not spamming anyone that I know and Caroline hasn't been spamming me. Seems more of an MSN thing as J4mie suggested.

SOD
10th May 2008, 20:18

I felled for this scam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=372Ah0Z_L1w

PuddleJumper
14th May 2008, 13:41
Apologies to anyone who received spam from "me". I was alerted to it, fortunately, because in my Hotmail contacts I had one of my private email addresses and received the item of junk mail which had been sent to my entire Hotmail address book. I did some Googling and found that other Hotmail users, and some Yahoo users also had the same problem. It was suggested it has happened because many of us tend to use the same password for logging into Hotmail/Yahoo that we would use for signing up to another website and giving our Hotmail/Yahoo email address as a contact. Some unscrupulous so-and-so then sells this information, or uses it themselves, for spamming purposes.

It won't happen to me again. Not only have I changed the password for my Hotmail account to something totally new and different, I've deleted my entire address book.

Daniel
14th May 2008, 14:43
Apologies to anyone who received spam from "me". I was alerted to it, fortunately, because in my Hotmail contacts I had one of my private email addresses and received the item of junk mail which had been sent to my entire Hotmail address book. I did some Googling and found that other Hotmail users, and some Yahoo users also had the same problem. It was suggested it has happened because many of us tend to use the same password for logging into Hotmail/Yahoo that we would use for signing up to another website and giving our Hotmail/Yahoo email address as a contact. Some unscrupulous so-and-so then sells this information, or uses it themselves, for spamming purposes.

It won't happen to me again. Not only have I changed the password for my Hotmail account to something totally new and different, I've deleted my entire address book.

I had some spam from you. Didn't want to post names though as I thought it might be a bit embarassing for people. Funny thing about this is perhaps a month ago I was on MSN and I got signed out of MSN saying I'd signed into another PC. So I signed back in only to get signed out again. So I changed my password immediately. Could be totally unrelated as I have my username and password stored in MSN on one of the profiles on my parents PC 's. Better to be safe than sorry though....

walrus81
16th May 2008, 06:15
I get the same link from MonaroDoorslammer's MSN account when he's offline a fair bit.

Azumanga Davo
16th May 2008, 10:31
I get the same link from MonaroDoorslammer's MSN account when he's offline a fair bit.

I did have a few few other people complain the other day too, which was odd because they sent me some too. :D

Hmm, I think it's about time to retire that account, it has been 5 years since I started it...

turoc
13th June 2008, 19:39
I also got one from buddha2;

Hi,
I'm new here, how's it going?

"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion
for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it
covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense
aspiring from the experience of all things as a meaningful unity" - Albert
Einstein

iJones
13th June 2008, 19:46
I also got one from buddha2;

Hi,
I'm new here, how's it going?

"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion
for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it
covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense
aspiring from the experience of all things as a meaningful unity" - Albert
Einstein
Me too.

Azumanga Davo
14th June 2008, 13:53
He may answer all of the question about life, the universe and everything (cue YET another 42 joke), but he's still a fat git.

MrJan
14th June 2008, 14:40
6 times 7? :p : ;)

mnop901
29th July 2008, 20:44
Be a wow gold (http://www.wowgold1000.com/) supplier, we understand that our buyers' time is valuable. In order to save your valuable time, we work out a good idea to help you to buy wow gold in a easy and convenient way. This is our website: http://www.wowgold1000.com. Welcome to come here and find your desired goods. First of all, take a look at our price of wow gold. You will find it is a loyal and reliable store of cheap wow gold for sale online. At that moment, we are a loyal and reliable wow gold store online.We are selling wow gold and doing wow power leveling (http://www.wowgold1000.com/wow-power-leveling.html) for you at an unimaginable price. You can buy cheap wow gold (http://www.wowgold1000.com/buy-world-of-warcraft-gold.html) and power leveling from us, a professional, loyal and reliable wow gold exchange corporation and power leveling (http://www.wowgold1000.com/wow-power-leveling.html) work group.We are a professional, loyal and reliable wow gold store online. We supply wow gold to our loyal customers that you may buy cheap wow gold on our website. We provide the cheapest wow gold all the servers and the first class service to our loyal and reliable customers. We have available stock of wow gold on most of the servers, so that we can do a really instant way of delivery.We have been an ebay power seller and paypal confirmed seller of wow gold for years. So it is securest and safest to buy wow gold from us. We are sure that you will get your desired wow gold on order, if you buy wow gold (http://www.wowgold1000.com/) here.