PDA

View Full Version : Dale Jr. $100,000 for one race...

PSfan
2nd May 2008, 20:19
JUNIOR OFFERED $100,000 TO GO INDYCAR RACING

After hearing Danica Patrick's offer to swap cars with Dale Earnhardt Jr., Texas Motor Speedway boss Eddie Gossage has given the NASCAR star 100,000 more reasons to make the switch.

Gossage is offering Dale Jr. $100,000 to trade in his NASCAR ride for an Indy car seat at the June 7 race at TMS.

http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/story/?id=236548&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_auto_racing

I can't this happening...

Though they should have Jr and Howie Mandel on TV, and the deal or no deal button :p : (And contracts in a briefcase...)

Vegasguy
3rd May 2008, 01:10
Right..... like he would give up a points race.

Last time he ran for another series he caught fire.

tstran17_88
3rd May 2008, 01:28
Jr wouldn't be giving up a points race...The Cup race is the next day at Pocono & since the Nationwide race on the 7th isn't a companion event (it's at Nashville), he wouldn't be running that race either.

Jag_Warrior
3rd May 2008, 01:43
I bet if Eddie could place a million $ in Rick Hendrick's pocket (and 3 points of market share vs. Honda in GM's pocket), this might be a realistic offer.

Bottomline, I doubt that Dale, Jr. has much say when it comes to (foolish) offers like this.

Vegasguy
3rd May 2008, 02:19
Jr wouldn't be giving up a points race...The Cup race is the next day at Pocono & since the Nationwide race on the 7th isn't a companion event (it's at Nashville), he wouldn't be running that race either.

The Original article says

"After hearing Danica Patrick's offer to SWAP cars with Dale Earnhardt Jr., Texas Motor Speedway boss Eddie Gossage has given the NASCAR star 100,000 more reasons to make the switch."

Doesn't swap imply that Danica would take one of his races?

IWUTitan90
3rd May 2008, 02:36
I bet if Eddie could place a million $ in Rick Hendrick's pocket (and 3 points of market share vs. Honda in GM's pocket), this might be a realistic offer.

Bottomline, I doubt that Dale, Jr. has much say when it comes to (foolish) offers like this.

I'd think Jr has ALL the say in something like this. Seriously, what would Hendrick do, fire him? Like 10 other owners wouldn't be falling over themselves to get him in their car the next day. The "risk" of getting hurt is no greater than if he were driving in a Nationwide event. If he announced that he was doing this, GM, AMP and the National Guard would immediatly turn on their respective PR machines to get the most mileage out of it that they could. National Media would be all over it. The Danica connection is already there and would be exploited to the hilt. The winners in this IMO, would be Gossage and TMS, NASCAR, and finally the ICS, in that order. It would be a ratings bonanza for 1 race. I don't think it would be a sustainable increase.

That being said, do I think it will happen, No.

Chamoo
3rd May 2008, 02:57
I'd think Jr has ALL the say in something like this. Seriously, what would Hendrick do, fire him? Like 10 other owners wouldn't be falling over themselves to get him in their car the next day. The "risk" of getting hurt is no greater than if he were driving in a Nationwide event. If he announced that he was doing this, GM, AMP and the National Guard would immediatly turn on their respective PR machines to get the most mileage out of it that they could. National Media would be all over it. The Danica connection is already there and would be exploited to the hilt. The winners in this IMO, would be Gossage and TMS, NASCAR, and finally the ICS, in that order. It would be a ratings bonanza for 1 race. I don't think it would be a sustainable increase.

So who does he drive for?

call_me_andrew
3rd May 2008, 03:47
He stopped racing outside of NASCAR after the fire because Budweiser was afraid of him getting hurt in another race. Now that Budweiser is out of the picture, it's feasable that he would give something else a try.

But I'm not holding my breath on this.

Lousada
3rd May 2008, 10:13
A Chevrolet driver in a Honda? Don't think so. Even the other way round (DP in a Chevrolet) seems unlikely.

Jonesi
3rd May 2008, 10:46
Publicity stunt.

Jag_Warrior
3rd May 2008, 14:05

Well, golly gee. After all these years, I didn't realize that's how contracts worked. First thing Monday morning, I'm gonna call my lawyer and fire that sucker. I wish I'd known before that I could have just ignored the non-compete agreements and other contracts I've signed over the years. And when you're involved in a lawsuit, other employers will jump at the chance to get you? Well see, I didn't know that either! 8AM Monday: Goldfarb, you're fired!!!

Fantasies in AOWR. Some things never change. Couldn't get Kyle Petty back when things weren't going so bad. Now, to speak of Dale, Jr. doing this D&P show? :rolleyes:

NickFalzone
3rd May 2008, 18:14
I'm not sure how yo can say it's just as safe as him driving in a Nationwide race. Has Dale Jr ever driven an Indy car? He'd be a wreck waiting to happen, and all Dale Jr needs is more naysayers about his talent. Gossage knew this would never happen, he just wants people talking about his race one way or another.

SarahFan
3rd May 2008, 20:56
never gonna happen.... Wish it would!

And I like gossage .... Never scared to stir the soup that guy

!!WALDO!!
3rd May 2008, 21:19
One time in 1972 after Art Pollard qualified the STP Lola/Foyt for the 500 he crashed it and broke his leg. Andy offered Jackie Stewart $250,000 to drive a qualified car from 33rd. He turned it down.

This was a free offer to get the word out about his race. Too bad about 25,000 more people will show because they think that Dale would take the money.

He gets about what Jackie turned down in 1972 dollars, today.

As I have been saying, when you are not educated then you can have the wool pulled way over your eyes. Being here makes it no different than being there.

(NO REFERENCE, IMPLIED OR REAL TO ANY POSTER, LIVING, DEAD, or NOT YET BORN.)

SarahFan
3rd May 2008, 21:25
As I have been saying, when you are not educated then you can have the wool pulled way over your eyes. Being here makes it no different than being there.

don't have my decoder ring on today...but are you suggesting the texas crowd will have 25k more attendees becuase of this offer?

DBell
3rd May 2008, 21:27
Besides all the obvius reasons this wouldn't happen, the fact is a 100 K is chump change for what DE jr. is making these days. A hundred grand for a good chance of making yourself look bad. That's quite an attractive offer. :rolleyes:

Dale said yesterday that Gossage must think he is a cheap date.

!!WALDO!!
3rd May 2008, 21:42
I see that some think this was a legit offer. It was to sell more tickets to the uniformed. There are plenty more of those than the informed. About 12 to 1 based on real numbers. So the rubes are the ones needed to be reached and too bad that the so called informed do not get it. It is called marketing.

It also appears that little Danica and all the stars of Champ Car hasn't helped increase ticket sales at TMS. Maybe this did.

Jag_Warrior
3rd May 2008, 23:57
I think Eddie needs to go to the Humpy Wheeler School of PR Stunts. This was lame. Junior even told him how he could have gotten some mileage out of this one: make a (fake) offer of $5-$10 million. Dale, Jr. still wouldn't have done it, but at least it wouldn't have had the smell of goofiness and desperation about it.

Why offer $100K, to do something silly, to someone who earned almost 90 grand coming in 40th place in a NASCAR race? I agree with Junior on this one: less Dr. Evil (I'm going to hold the world ransom for uh... $1 million)... and more Humpy Wheeler (IMO).

Mark in Oshawa
4th May 2008, 00:09
Eddie Gossage stirring up the pot. Jr. wouldn't get out of bed for $100000k when you consider what he makes a year. He sure isn't going to come race an IRL car on the night before Pocono forsaking his practice time at Pocono. Eddie did it to make headlines and I am sure Jr. didn't take it seriously. Anyone who thinks he would drive an OW car for real is dreaming in techincolor.....

Alexamateo
4th May 2008, 01:59
I think Eddie needs to go to the Humpy Wheeler School of PR Stunts.....

I thought Eddie was the valedictorian! :D Are you saying he needs remedial classes????? :p :

xander918
4th May 2008, 02:55
Junior is not interested......not for only $100,000

http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/story/?id=236658&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_auto_racing

tstran17_88
4th May 2008, 15:08
The Original article says

"After hearing Danica Patrick's offer to SWAP cars with Dale Earnhardt Jr., Texas Motor Speedway boss Eddie Gossage has given the NASCAR star 100,000 more reasons to make the switch."

Doesn't swap imply that Danica would take one of his races?Sorry...didn't read what Danica said. I was commenting on what ESPN said and they never mentioned her (probably with good reason).

IWUTitan90
4th May 2008, 16:07
Well, golly gee. After all these years, I didn't realize that's how contracts worked. First thing Monday morning, I'm gonna call my lawyer and fire that sucker. I wish I'd known before that I could have just ignored the non-compete agreements and other contracts I've signed over the years. And when you're involved in a lawsuit, other employers will jump at the chance to get you? Well see, I didn't know that either! 8AM Monday: Goldfarb, you're fired!!!

Fantasies in AOWR. Some things never change. Couldn't get Kyle Petty back when things weren't going so bad. Now, to speak of Dale, Jr. doing this D&P show? :rolleyes:

Yep, your right. IF, Dale Jr. were to get up tommorow and decide "I am doing this" he would be fired without hesitation, all sponsorships would be cancelled, he would be blackballed from here to eternity and never turn a wheel in a race car in ANY series EVER again.

When the $pending habit$ of the "JW Nation" reach 1/10th of that of the "JR Nation" lets worry about what contracts you've signed, til then here's your eye roll back at ya. :rolleyes:

The man's name, image and signature are worth millions each, he knows that, he could do whatever he likes and someone else would pay whatever it costs to make sure he could. However, I think, Jr. is a real throw back, he still believes in "your word and a handshake" and what they mean. That would be part of the reason I said it wouldn't happen. You didn't ask for a clarification of my "NO" before you slapped out your sarcastic little "Golly Gee", but there is more to it than "AOWR fantasy". Thats neither here nor there as you're the expert and I apologize for giving my opinion on your racing forum.

Have a great day. :cool:

SarahFan
4th May 2008, 16:45
I see that some think this was a legit offer. It was to sell more tickets to the uniformed. There are plenty more of those than the informed. About 12 to 1 based on real numbers. So the rubes are the ones needed to be reached and too bad that the so called informed do not get it. It is called marketing.

It also appears that little Danica and all the stars of Champ Car hasn't helped increase ticket sales at TMS. Maybe this did.

are you seriosly suggesting 25k uninformed 'fans' are going to find there seats .....then as driver introductions start turn to one another and say...'but wheres's Jr?'

garyshell
4th May 2008, 17:09
are you seriosly suggesting 25k uninformed 'fans' are going to find there seats .....then as driver introductions start turn to one another and say...'but wheres's Jr?'

Never underestimate Uncle Waldo's power to underestimate anyone who is not Uncle Waldo.

Gary

IWUTitan90
4th May 2008, 17:16
Eddie Gossage stirring up the pot. Jr. wouldn't get out of bed for $100000k when you consider what he makes a year. He sure isn't going to come race an IRL car on the night before Pocono forsaking his practice time at Pocono. Eddie did it to make headlines and I am sure Jr. didn't take it seriously. Anyone who thinks he would drive an OW car for real is dreaming in techincolor.....

Eddie has already accomplished what he set out to do. He has people talking about HIS race, in May. He wants the race after Indy, to have a buzz about TMS going into the Month of May only helps his cause. Well spent $100,000. Jr. might show up and give the command to "start yer engines" for that amount but to get in and drive, nope. But like I said, it's excellent PR for Gossage and his race. Who's talking about Milwaukee? Shoot, score, win.

SarahFan
4th May 2008, 17:17
Never underestimate Uncle Waldo's power to underestimate anyone who is not Uncle Waldo.

Gary

reminds me of the poker analogy.....if you look and around the table and can't find the suckerfish...well then your the suckerfish

'rube' indeeededo

Jag_Warrior
4th May 2008, 17:30
Yep, your right. IF, Dale Jr. were to get up tommorow and decide "I am doing this" he would be fired without hesitation, all sponsorships would be cancelled, he would be blackballed from here to eternity and never turn a wheel in a race car in ANY series EVER again.

When the $pending habit$ of the "JW Nation" reach 1/10th of that of the "JR Nation" lets worry about what contracts you've signed, til then here's your eye roll back at ya. :rolleyes:

The man's name, image and signature are worth millions each, he knows that, he could do whatever he likes and someone else would pay whatever it costs to make sure he could. However, I think, Jr. is a real throw back, he still believes in "your word and a handshake" and what they mean. That would be part of the reason I said it wouldn't happen. You didn't ask for a clarification of my "NO" before you slapped out your sarcastic little "Golly Gee", but there is more to it than "AOWR fantasy". Thats neither here nor there as you're the expert and I apologize for giving my opinion on your racing forum.

Have a great day. :cool:

In pointed terms, I'm telling you that Dale, Jr. (no matter how rich, famous and popular you think he might be) is bound by contracts. I work for a $180 billion public company (probably almost as much money as Dale, Jr. keeps in his safe, eh?) and we are bound by contracts. Shortly before I joined the corporation, an injunction forced us to do something that we didn't want to do. You can't always buy your way out of a situation.

If Junior did want to take part in this foolish PR stunt, as long as he could do it before he was served with an injunction, he could. But if he'd been told not to, there likely would be repercussions afterward. Especially if he hurt himself, the repercussions might range from smaller paychecks to sitting out some races. And there's nothing that Gibbs, Toyota, Roush, Ford or any other entity could do to stop that, other than a judge. Hendrick could make him sit, and no other team could or would touch him. Other than your hyperbole, no one has said anything about blackballing him or banning him from NASCAR or racing forever. But as many a famous, rich and popular athlete has found out, you can ride the pine until you get your mind right again.

You hardly have to be a legal expert to know basic contract law.

!!WALDO!!
5th May 2008, 20:21
I think Eddie needs to go to the Humpy Wheeler School of PR Stunts. This was lame. Junior even told him how he could have gotten some mileage out of this one: make a (fake) offer of $5-$10 million. Dale, Jr. still wouldn't have done it, but at least it wouldn't have had the smell of goofiness and desperation about it.

Why offer $100K, to do something silly, to someone who earned almost 90 grand coming in 40th place in a NASCAR race? I agree with Junior on this one: less Dr. Evil (I'm going to hold the world ransom for uh... $1 million)... and more Humpy Wheeler (IMO).

Dale gets the $100,000 by saying very little. That money goes to the Junior's Foundation or something.

If Eddie sells 25,000 more tickets at $40.00 a clip then to give back 10% is nothing.

PT Barnum would be very proud.

!!WALDO!!
5th May 2008, 21:59

So why did Eddie Gossage waste a press release on this if not to sell tickets? You claim to be so smart then why did he do it?
"Race Fans" are really not as smart as you think they are. The financial aspects of this deal seems plausable to the uniformed and the out right stupid portion of EARNHARDT NATION. Those are who Eddie shot out this Press Release for. Look at what he spent, a couple dozen emails and a fax or two, for the possiblity of returning $1,000,000. He is looking to boster ticket sales today, not on June 7th.
What is more telling is that Eddie is using this as Danica, Graham, all those huge Champ Car names, Twinkle Toes and the likes of Marty Roth are not selling more tickets than in years prior. Maybe the economics of the U.S. and the world is keeping ticket sales slow and Eddie just went swinging for the fences.

Lee Roy
6th May 2008, 03:32
So why did Eddie Gossage waste a press release on this if not to sell tickets? You claim to be so smart then why did he do it?
"Race Fans" are really not as smart as you think they are. The financial aspects of this deal seems plausable to the uniformed and the out right stupid portion of EARNHARDT NATION. Those are who Eddie shot out this Press Release for.

What section did you order your tickets for?

!!WALDO!!
6th May 2008, 14:35
What section did you order your tickets for?

See you have to insult the person that figured it out. So why not tell us why Eddie did it if not to sell more tickets.

I will be waiting.....

SarahFan
6th May 2008, 14:43
See you have to insult the person that figured it out. So why not tell us why Eddie did it if not to sell more tickets.

I will be waiting.....

I don't think anyone is denying that it was a publicity stunt...and done for the sole purpose of selling tickets...

but you have implied that folks are going to show and expect Dale to be in a car......I don't believe a single fan is going to be sadly disapointed and shocked come race day...

and to suggest you 'figured' out something super secret the rest of couldn't understand is just a bit arrogant and insulting in and of itself

you seemed to have 'rubed' yourself on this one w

garyshell
6th May 2008, 14:55
See you have to insult the person that figured it out.

and to suggest you 'figured' out something super secret the rest of couldn't understand is just a bit arrogant and insulting in and of itself

Ken, you were expecting something different???

Gary

!!WALDO!!
6th May 2008, 15:18
I don't think anyone is denying that it was a publicity stunt...and done for the sole purpose of selling tickets...

but you have implied that folks are going to show and expect Dale to be in a car......I don't believe a single fan is going to be sadly disapointed and shocked come race day...

"Race Fans" are really not as smart as you think they are. The financial aspects of this deal seems plausable to the uniformed and the out right stupid portion of EARNHARDT NATION. Those are who Eddie shot out this Press Release for. Look at what he spent, a couple dozen emails and a fax or two, for the possiblity of returning $1,000,000. He is looking to boster ticket sales today, not on June 7th.
What is more telling is that Eddie is using this as Danica, Graham, all those huge Champ Car names, Twinkle Toes and the likes of Marty Roth are not selling more tickets than in years prior. Maybe the economics of the U.S. and the world is keeping ticket sales slow and Eddie just went swinging for the fences.

I see you still don't get it. "Tony Stewart will start the Rockingham Carolina 500k on Sunday"

Did Tony Stewart start that race? The ARCA Show? Yes, from the flag stand.

Look, all he needs to do is get Dale there. Sign autographs, start the race like Tony or hang around a trailer.

If you too had this figured out then act like it rather than aways looking like you didn't. I have been in the position of having to get people to buy tickets for open wheel and late model shows and worked real hard just to get news outlets to bite. Dale Jr seems to be magic.

Nothing arrogant and insulting in and of itself about having knowledge. See I wouldn't have wasted the time starting this thread and contributing as you did because it was clear to me the second I read it on the ESPN Bottom Line what he was doing. Me I was pointing out the obvious and you were denying the obvious as a "publicity stunt".

Of course you already knew of Jackie Stewart turning down $250,000 to drive a qualified car in 1972 at Indy. How much would that be in 2008 dollars and how much would $100,000 in 2008 be worth in 1972. See unlike you this came to me in a milli second at the time of seeing it. It is called knowledge not something super secret, unless like many knowledge is something you do not desire.

You need hardcore race fans, rubes and on lookers to make a crowd pay the bills. Eddie went after the latter 2 and may snag some. Unlike the CART/CCWS fans that require butts in the seat, Eddie is looking to sell them a ticket to get on the grounds. So if Dale hangs around for three hours he could legitimately get another 25,000 on race day. Those people may or may not go to the stands but will be there spending money. Now the promotion paid off and at what cost.

Yes if you only want hardcore race fans then the 500 would have 65,000 people. So who are the rest? Is their money any different that the hardcore race fans?

Fact is there are very few hardcore race fans out there and many that think they are aren't and many that think they aren't are. Unlike many here I do not judge ones ability to be a hardcore race fan as all I need to do is read the words to determine ones postion in the sport. Words mean something and have meaning, from those words can a person's life and experiences be found.

Me 1000 races over the years in person means nothing as thanks to places like this I am becoming less and less of a fan of the sport. I used to get paid for this knowledge, now I give it away only to be insulted because someone doesn't like me.

Oh well, I must have surgery this afternoon, in my life I can care less about if you think I "seemed to have 'rubed' yourself on this one w" Maybe you need to find what a "rube" is.

SarahFan
6th May 2008, 15:27
wow....you certainly are special

just ask you...

BobGarage
6th May 2008, 15:32
Me 1000 races over the years in person means nothing as thanks to places like this I am becoming less and less of a fan of the sport. I used to get paid for this knowledge, now I give it away only to be insulted because someone doesn't like me.

waldo no one has insulted you. however many people don't like you as you talk to them like they are a piece of ****. You give the impression that you are on a higher level than everyone else and due to everyone elses inferior knowledge to your own you somehow think it is acceptable to talk down to people from your higher plain....

this alone is why so many people have you on their blocked users lists.

no one on here denies that you have an amazing knowledge of the sport and a lot of us enjoy some of the knowledge you have shared.

however just because you do have the knowledge and just because you have been to so many races, does not make you any better than the rest of us and talking to many people the way you do certainly isn't going to earn anyones respect and hence people react to you the way you do.

!!WALDO!!
6th May 2008, 15:33
wow....you certainly are special

just ask you...

Suggestion........................................ .................................................. .............................................

Thanks for proving me right, its the words.

SarahFan
6th May 2008, 15:35
however just because you do have the knowledge and just because you have been to so many races, does not make you any better than the rest of us and talking to many people the way you do certainly isn't going to earn anyones respect and hence people react to you the way you do.

couple thoughts on that that statement..

respect cannot be demanded...it's earned

and one of the first things I learned on these forums....is that you cannot define or quantify someones level of 'Fandomness'

both elude w by a large margin

garyshell
6th May 2008, 15:35
Nothing arrogant and insulting in and of itself about having knowledge.

No, but there sure as hell is in presentation of said knowledge, especially when wielded as a weapon rather than shared as a gift.

And yet you stay.

Gary

!!WALDO!!
6th May 2008, 15:46
waldo no one has insulted you. however many people don't like you as you talk to them like they are a piece of ****. You give the impression that you are on a higher level than everyone else and due to everyone elses inferior knowledge to your own you somehow think it is acceptable to talk down to people from your higher plain....

this alone is why so many people have you on their blocked users lists.

no one on here denies that you have an amazing knowledge of the sport and a lot of us enjoy some of the knowledge you have shared.

Amazing so many that block me still insult me. Funny isn't it?

See I do not demostrate my knowledge, you do? I just sometimes point out where a person was wrong because I may have been there.

Then you get "well that is not how I learned it " and on to the ignore list.

Hey, I learned things wrong sometimes too but there are books, railbirds and people that can stand toe to toe with Donald Davidson to gain knowledge from.

If people read and get an idea I am talking down to them, it is their insecurity of their own knowledge. Me, I try to make it as plain as I can but sometimes I need to be wordy. Been beaten up for that also.

Yes Bob, everyone dislikes anyone that knows more than them. I embrace those as that is the only way to get smarter. I guess many must have hated those men and women that stood in front of the class and tried to impart knowledge on young minds full of mush. I for one found it rewarding but based on the musings of some here I feel that we have failed as all learning needs to end once a certain age or place in life is reached.

Me I try to learn 5 things a day. I have learned three things already.

!!WALDO!!
6th May 2008, 16:15
No, it is the manner of your presentation. Heed my PM please.

My presentation can vary to those reading it. Did you notice I was asked to leave by someone that has me on their ignore list?

I am leaving now due to a surgery. So no need to respond to me, just those still bound and determine to chase me away.

garyshell
6th May 2008, 19:36
My presentation can vary to those reading it. Did you notice I was asked to leave by someone that has me on their ignore list?

I'd be willing to bet that was a reference to me. If you read the PM I sent you back in April, you would know I took you off MY ignore list in hopes that the time out would have changed things. You never responded to that PM, so I don't know if you missed it or ignored it. It was intended as an olive branch, but after watching the past few days I think it was probably for naught anyway. Too bad.

Yes, your presentation CAN vary to those reading it. That OUGHT to tell you something, don't you think? It would tell ME that the presentation wasn't clear enough, if folks were misinterpreting the tone of what was said. If there is a possibility to read it two ways the onus is on YOU to make it clear so that there is only one way. It doesn't fall on us to figure out "does he think we are beneath contempt" or "is he just trying to tell us something". As I said in another message, there are two ways to present knowledge. You can wield it as a club or offer it as a gift. Many of us see your presentation as the former, you obviously think it is the latter. That very dichotomy OUGHT to speak volumes to you. Either it doesn't or you don't care.

Gary

16&Gtown
7th May 2008, 02:15

I am leaving now due to a surgery. So no need to respond to me, just those still bound and determine to chase me away.

hopefully the surgeon is as smart as he is, or maybe this is the last post from Waldo...

DBell
7th May 2008, 02:41
hopefully the surgeon is as smart as he is, or maybe this is the last post from Waldo...

:D After reading this thread, I have a feeling the mods aren't far away from another round of "Where's Waldo?" Funny how no one seemed to look for him very hard the last time it was played. :cool:

Old3Fan
8th May 2008, 02:30
Dale Jr. makes more than that selling T-Shirts every week.

BenRoethig
8th May 2008, 15:25
Its not going to happen now for three big reasons.

1. TMS on the same weekend as the cup race at Pocono. He's not going to give up a chance at a championship and millions for one hundred grand.

2. Junior is a GM driver and last time I checked, it said Honda on the side of the Indy cars. As much as I'd love to see Indy be a GM vs. Ford affair again that's not the current situation.

3. Because of sponsorship he'd most likely have to have a ride with Panther. He'd want a ride that can win.

!!WALDO!!
10th May 2008, 04:58

So the surgeon was as smart as I am, so this isn't the last post from Waldo...

Someone may read this the wrong way but it isn't my words but someone elses. I guess since I didn't die it was bad but interesting wish death of another posters is not as bad as reading the above sentence 5 different ways to find an implied insult.

I called it and got 2 to bite and medals pinned on those that said it.

!!WALDO!!
10th May 2008, 05:01
Its not going to happen now for three big reasons.

1. TMS on the same weekend as the cup race at Pocono. He's not going to give up a chance at a championship and millions for one hundred grand.

2. Junior is a GM driver and last time I checked, it said Honda on the side of the Indy cars. As much as I'd love to see Indy be a GM vs. Ford affair again that's not the current situation.

3. Because of sponsorship he'd most likely have to have a ride with Panther. He'd want a ride that can win.

Make him the Grand Marshal. That appears to be the motivation as it appears in May 7th NSSN.

16&Gtown
11th May 2008, 18:58

Someone may read this the wrong way but it isn't my words but someone elses. I guess since I didn't die it was bad but interesting wish death of another posters is not as bad as reading the above sentence 5 different ways to find an implied insult.

I called it and got 2 to bite and medals pinned on those that said it.

Obviously english isn't your strong suit, I have no idea what point you are trying to get across here. It's like you leave out every third or fourth word making your sentences uncomprehendable... But regardless of your illiteracy, I wasn't wishing you death simply hoping for your quick and healthy return to this forum...

!!WALDO!!
11th May 2008, 20:01
Obviously english isn't your strong suit, I have no idea what point you are trying to get across here. It's like you leave out every third or fourth word making your sentences uncomprehendable... But regardless of your illiteracy, I wasn't wishing you death simply hoping for your quick and healthy return to this forum...

I taught English in College for 12 years. Your point is? Please give me an example of leaving out every third or fourth word making your sentences uncomprehendable.

You have no idea what point you are trying to get across here? I was just using your words to see if there is 5 different ways of reading it. But regardless of your illiteracy, you were wishing me death as these words do have meaning, hopefully the surgeon is as smart as he is, or maybe this is the last post from Waldo...

Just using your words not mine. Stand by your words, you used them against me. When did I ever use my words against you? Of course like many, nothing.

16&Gtown
11th May 2008, 22:07

(but it isn't my words but someone elses). (but interesting wish death of another posters) (I called it and got 2 to bite and medals pinned on those that said it.)

First two statements are just lacking punctuation or somthing they just don't make sense. And the last statement I have no idea what that even means. I obviously didn't hope you would die so I wont stand by somthing that I didn't say, but I am starting to come around to that side of the fence.

!!WALDO!!
11th May 2008, 22:28
First two statements are just lacking punctuation or somthing they just don't make sense. And the last statement I have no idea what that even means. I obviously didn't hope you would die so I wont stand by somthing that I didn't say, but I am starting to come around to that side of the fence.

Them your words, not mine. See if it can be perceived that you meant it then you did. Those are the rules here. That is why I am only using the words used against me. Words and thoughts have meaning. So you are telling me you have and use neither?

16&Gtown
11th May 2008, 22:42
O I get it, tougne and cheek stuff. Honestly I didn't wish you death I don't even know you. I mean if you had passed, I doubt I would of really cared but still because I don't know you.