JUNE 9/10 Mondello Park
JULY 6/7/8 TBA
JUL 21/22 Rockingham
AUG 18/19 Rockingham
SEPT 1/2 Brands Hatch
SEPT 15/16 Rockingham (ovalfest)
OCT 20/21 Pembrey
NOV 3/4 Brands Hatch
Looking forward to the visit to Mondello Park and if negotiations go well the TBA date in July could really be something special, keep watching the pickuptruck website for news on this one.
No mention of being on the FF meeting so not to sure what happened there.

fifthwheel
21st January 2007, 17:40
Only four meetings for the Pickups at the Rock? what a shame i just love seeing them race there.
How many meetings are the stock cars doing at Rockingham?
Any drivers made the move from Pickups to SCSA?
Looking forward to the saeson ahead, bring it on!

acorn
21st January 2007, 18:21
Dave 17 posted:
"Talking of entertainment. I've just read on the BRSCC calander that the FFord festival at Brands will be on the 19th, 20th and 21st of October....oh and the Pickups will be there."

if pickup's calendar is the latest, are the pickups at brands or aren't they?

does the lack of a june date at the rock mean that date will also disappear from the scsa schedule?

fastbob
21st January 2007, 18:39
23/24 june date missed off above list!!!!!! but confirmed for Rockingham..
FFord weekend , PTR is at Pembrey.... with Big Trucks

61Viper
21st January 2007, 18:45
New dates (more revised actually) for the pickup meetings
APR 28/29 Rockingham
MAY 19/20 Croft
JUNE 9/10 Mondello Park
JULY 6/7/8 TBA
JUL 21/22 Rockingham
AUG 18/19 Rockingham
SEPT 1/2 Brands Hatch
SEPT 15/16 Rockingham (ovalfest)
OCT 20/21 Pembrey
NOV 3/4 Brands Hatch
Looking forward to the visit to Mondello Park and if negotiations go well the TBA date in July could really be something special, keep watching the pickuptruck website for news on this one.

well my notes from today also include Rockingham on June 23/24 for rounds 7/8. Which one of us took a quick snooze this morning :)

acorn
21st January 2007, 18:49
........... and if negotiations go well the TBA date in July could really be something special, keep watching the pickuptruck website for news on this one.

7/8 july is the ipswich spedeweekend and it's BIG this year.

oh, musn't forget that the british gp is 6/7/8 july as well......... surely not!!!!

pickup
21st January 2007, 19:10
SORRY GUYS! I went over that list loads to make sure it was correct and still missed that date. Of course 61Viper is right and Rockingham is also on JUNE 23/24.

pickup
21st January 2007, 19:21
well my notes from today also include Rockingham on June 23/24 for rounds 7/8. Which one of us took a quick snooze this morning :)

Well you know at the end of it all it ends up being i made a MISTAKE.

Dave17
21st January 2007, 21:31
Dave 17 posted:
"Talking of entertainment. I've just read on the BRSCC calander that the FFord festival at Brands will be on the 19th, 20th and 21st of October....oh and the Pickups will be there."

does the lack of a june date at the rock mean that date will also disappear from the scsa schedule?

Still on BRSCC calendar http://www.brscc.co.uk/calendar/eventdetails.asp?meetingref=bh19oct But I must admit I was suprised to see it there as the next weekend is traditionaly the last Pickup meeting of the season.

pickup
21st January 2007, 21:54
Dave 17 posted:

According to Mr SHP we are not at Brands on that date but at Pembrey with the big trucks.

As i said in a previous posting the lack of the June date was entirely my mistake we are definately at Rockingham 23/24 June, once again SINCERE APPOLIGIES.

Al_Green
21st January 2007, 23:47
oh, musn't forget that the british gp is 6/7/8 july as well......... surely not!!!!

If that's what's being aimed for then full marks to SHP & co for trying. I'll wait & see.

Otherwise, a decent calendar, interesting to see Mondello as most other 'mainland' series seem to have turned their back on the place. Looks like I'll be able to get to Croft, Brands (November) and maybe Pembrey as well as the Rockingham dates (marshals - these dates are on the BARC forms if you hadn't already spotted them!)

Al.

pickup
22nd January 2007, 15:20
7/8 july is the ipswich spedeweekend and it's BIG this year.

Afraid it's a NO on that one.

Al_Green
22nd January 2007, 21:42
Afraid it's a NO on that one.

Ok then, how about the other GP in the other country???

(and that took a lot of googling and a lucky link from Wiki to find something to match the dates!)

Nick Brad
23rd January 2007, 12:09

Are you sure that you aren't in fact Mr Sonny Howard himself using an alias?

Dave17
23rd January 2007, 19:15
Ok then, how about the other GP in the other country???

(and that took a lot of googling and a lucky link from Wiki to find something to match the dates!)

I got the Sailboard Gp, the Porsche Tennis GP, The Queensland State ISSF (shooting thingie), New Zealand Kartsport championship and the EFRA (1/8 RC cars) GP in france. Which one is it Al?

Al_Green
23rd January 2007, 21:28
what, and spoil the close season fun??? back to Google you go... ;)

Anyway, the trucks could be being used as support vehicles for the tour de france as it rolls through the south-east that weekend. You never know what's planned...!

Al

darknessrock
23rd January 2007, 23:48
Al...
You could be talking of the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix, But I think you're on about the ChampCar Grand Prix of Toronto???
Do i win a prize??
:)
Bill

acorn
24th January 2007, 12:47
nurburgring supporting(or should that be upstaging) the fia big rigs perhaps?

Al_Green
5th February 2007, 14:20
For those of you that didn't know / hadn't already spotted it, quote from the PuT website (hidden away)...

"Dates this year include several visits to Rockingham Motor Speedway in Corby, an American style oval the Pickups have waited eagerly for, an opportunity to thrill the crowds at the Truck Grand Prix at the Nurburgring in Germany plus a few other venues in the UK"

Al

acorn
5th February 2007, 17:53
i'd like to think i was right with my guess but is that paragraph new? as it's on the history page i suspect it's not and is a throwback to 2004(when the page was written and nurburgring was on the schedule).

tdb
5th February 2007, 18:18

Well in the end up i wouldn't have thought you would end up ending up making a mistake or ending up have to apologise for what ended up being an honest mistake ending up at the end up with people ending up pointing it out!

pickup
5th February 2007, 19:10
Well in the end up i wouldn't have thought you would end up ending up making a mistake or ending up have to apologise for what ended up being an honest mistake ending up at the end up with people ending up pointing it out!

Thats easy for you to say.