View Full Version : Join the VSR V8 Trophy Series

Filray
1st May 2008, 09:07
http://www.v8trophy.com/join.shtml

Regards

Ray

Yung
1st May 2008, 09:25
How about saying what level MSA license you need to drive these cars?? Cause if I promote this page, people will get interested but then fall in the last hurdle cause they haven't got the appropriate license to drive these V8's. :P

AND a bit off topic............. how about entering a car for Drifting shows to help promote the V8's potential?? ;)

Thinking about it...... the only thing left is Rallying in a V8! LOL! :D

ASCAR24/7/365.5
1st May 2008, 10:42
well i dont know, u aint drag rced one yet!.....ill match race you in my legend LOL

scubie
1st May 2008, 11:05
How about saying what level MSA license you need to drive these cars?? Cause if I promote this page, people will get interested but then fall in the last hurdle cause they haven't got the appropriate license to drive these V8's. :P

The licence requirements are currently national A, but that needn't be a barrier. Last september I decided that i wanted to race a V8, and that was all I wanted to race( i really wanted to race on the Oval, never mind perhaps next year). At the time i hadn't even done my ARDS test, at the begining of April I gained my National A licence and will be out racing with Team Networking within the next few weeks.
If any one wants advice on how to get to national A status please feel free to contact me, you could be racing in the series at the august bank holiday meeting.

Tractorboy.
1st May 2008, 19:33
well i dont know, u aint drag rced one yet!.....ill match race you in my legend LOL

We did drag racing at Abingdon Airshow last year!! it was good fun!!

http://www.teamnetworking.co.uk/spiritofadventure.shtml

racing69
1st May 2008, 20:44
So the cost of running road course is around £600 per meeting all in (including tyres and fuel)?

racing59
1st May 2008, 20:59
Without damage, wear & tear, and transport costs, you could say - yes, that's your running costs summed up.

Duane
2nd May 2008, 16:51
Yes Yung, i forgot to state the nat A licence, thats been done along with a couple of other small details, case of doing too much at once but things are slowly moving now, foundations are setting its just a case of letting people know what we have found out at the first two meetings.

Duane

Mysterious Rock
3rd May 2008, 15:51
So you have to pay over a grand up front, then nearly a grand each meeting without damage? Sounds a bit expansive for running on road \course, if i wanted to do that id do clios or somethings, where the racing is a lot better.

Henry Cutts
3rd May 2008, 16:08
So you have to pay over a grand up front, then nearly a grand each meeting without damage? Sounds a bit expansive for running on road \course, if i wanted to do that id do clios or somethings, where the racing is a lot better.

Clios would cost a lot more!

Reynard
3rd May 2008, 16:52
Clios would cost a lot more!

Agreed.

Have been watching clios on and off for years and they're not ones for keeping their noses clean. Clios are probably one of the series best known for picking up big bills due to accident damage (five wide through Russell doesn't go), and unlike the V8s, the cars are more complicated technically (effectively minature touring cars) therefore making them more expensive to run, harder to set up etc.

IMHO the V8s represent real value for money on the circuits because they're not bells-and-whistles cars yet still present a real challenge to set up and race. A competent racing driver can have a damned good day out in one of these cars - a skilled driver can make the big V8 dance. ;)

racing59
4th May 2008, 20:51

One of my "online" friends is Niki Lanik, who won the Clio winter series (twice), and he'll tell you that you need a budget of at least £50K to do Clio's and run up front.

From the Official Regs for the Renault Clio's -

1.4.2. The Registration Fee is £12,631.25 (including VAT where applicable). Registrations will be accepted until Monday 4th February 2008 subject to space, as the total number of registrations is to be limited.

So Clio's are cheaper?

That's your series REGISTRATION fee, on top of that you have to provide, fuel, tyres (two 'cheap' Dunlops per meeting), testing, damage, etc..
And buy an eligible car - or build your own to the spec. I can tell you now that the transmission (6 speed sequential) will cost as much as, if not more than, a road course ready V8 Trophy Car.

Happy days.

Rob.

racingrivalsDOT
5th May 2008, 15:55
I think the cost of racing in a 64 lap race at Rockingham (100 miles), with a half hour practice and half hour qualifying on Saturday will be around £1500 for tyres and fuel. With a bit of luck, the tyres may be subsidised further than that, won't know until the race is confirmed by the BRSCC / Rockingham. Cars will be limited to twelve tyres (six on saturday and six on sunday) to help make it a level playing field for the teams who can't afford to burn up sets and sets of tyres.

racing59
5th May 2008, 19:32
£100 per minute plus Vodka & Tonic for your track time (was in 2007)

Assuming the meeting is a V8's and PuT - sharing the setup and closedown of the Oval at 15mins up, and 15mins down - which will need to be done twice on the Saturday

So, that's 60minutes tracktime, plus 30mins setup/closedown for Saturday - £9000.

Sunday - Warm-up (20mins), grid build-up - (10mins), race (approx 40mins assuming no-pace car periods), 5 mins "Victory Lane" (donuts, etc..). Making a total of 75mins, plus 15mins setup/closedown - £9000.

OK, that's £18000 + VAT.

How many cars?

Unless you've got 24+ it ain't happening.

Thank you for listening to this lesson in economics.

racingrivalsDOT
5th May 2008, 20:22
Thanks for the lesson! But I don't get where you're coming from? Why do you need 24 cars?

racing59
5th May 2008, 20:26
Der.... spreading out the cost vs entry fees.

Unless you have a sponsor to the tune of £25K to cover most of the costs?

racingrivalsDOT
5th May 2008, 20:29
Ahhh... ok... silly me!

So going by your thinking, you would need 24 cars each payin a grand to race? Is that what happened in 2007?

racingrivalsDOT
5th May 2008, 20:34
Unfortnately, I can't see 15 cars on the grid if they have to pay a grand each... possibly not even ten. However, if the complete cost excluding damage was under £2000, the series then becomes viable. And as far as car numbers go, I reckon 18 cars for the Rockingham 100 will be an achievement!

bravheart
5th May 2008, 21:06
I won't know until the race is confirmed by the BRSCC / Rockingham. Cars will be limited to twelve tyres (six on saturday and six on sunday) to help make it a level playing field for the teams who can't afford to burn up sets and sets of tyres.

And What race is this then ???????

Yung
6th May 2008, 03:04
Anyone or everyone wanna sponsor me?????? :D (Thinking positively! :p )

Filray
6th May 2008, 15:48
[quote="racingrivalsDOT"]the Rockingham 100[quote]

????????????????????????

Tractorboy.
6th May 2008, 17:28
:mad:
I think the cost of racing in a 64 lap race at Rockingham (100 miles), with a half hour practice and half hour qualifying on Saturday will be around £1500 for tyres and fuel. With a bit of luck, the tyres may be subsidised further than that, won't know until the race is confirmed by the BRSCC / Rockingham. Cars will be limited to twelve tyres (six on saturday and six on sunday) to help make it a level playing field for the teams who can't afford to burn up sets and sets of tyres.

Your in a land of your own, do you hear strange voices in your head???

Dave17
7th May 2008, 18:11

You sir are a complete idiot. You are giving false hope that there will be an ASCAR race at the rock.

Your whole post is nothing but dreams that you seem to think are a reality.

STOP IT NOW!

Dave17
8th May 2008, 21:24
the Rockingham 100

????????????????????????

Just had a PM from racingDrivalsDOT. He organizing it all by himself and will know on Monday if its "on " or not.

I'm not holding my breath......

racing59
8th May 2008, 23:20
Is that when the chemists have his prescription ready?

Abo
9th May 2008, 15:41
the Rockingham 100

Just had a PM from racingDrivalsDOT. He organizing it all by himself and will know on Monday if its "on " or not.

I'm not holding my breath......

Which Monday?

bravheart
9th May 2008, 20:46
Which Monday?

Tractorboy.
10th May 2008, 15:11
Its the monday he's got dreamed up in his head i think. They must let people in institutions play on the computers it must be the only way that he can write crap on here.