PDA

View Full Version : UK Travellers at Nascar events

gary_580
5th December 2006, 14:02
Who in the UK is going to a race this year?

I'm going to the night race at Bristol in August. ohhhh they will be racing the COT too

staghunter
5th December 2006, 17:36
I ws lucky enough to get to both Vegas and Homestead this year and looking good for a return to homestead on '07. Envious of anyone getting to Bristol night race though!...just couldn't persuade the misses it was a great part of the US to holiday in...compared to Miami or Vegas!

Staghunter

gary_580
5th December 2006, 19:26
I ws lucky enough to get to both Vegas and Homestead this year and looking good for a return to homestead on '07. Envious of anyone getting to Bristol night race though!...just couldn't persuade the misses it was a great part of the US to holiday in...compared to Miami or Vegas!

Staghunter

North Carolina is a great part of the country. Bristol is on the Tenessee/North Carolina border. Plus all (most) the race shops are in North Carolina

71minus2
5th December 2006, 21:34
I'm off to Bristol in March. Hopefully no snow this year! Staying in Knoxville with transport to and from the circuit as part of the package. Should be a good one.

Richard

jeffmr2
6th December 2006, 10:53
I received my race tickets for Vegas march 07 this week!!
Also hoping to do another race later in the year either richmond or phoenix as i fancy visiting a short track.Ive used a nascar package tour company "action jackson" twice in the past and found them to be first class,its a stress free great way to go to the races.

Redmond500
6th December 2006, 14:54
Daytona In Feb.

:)

slorydn1
7th December 2006, 08:13
I will be at Darlington, South Carolina in May, and possibly (are you listening, Cindy?) Talladega, Alabama in October if anyone from your side of the big pond would like to hook up.

oldhippie
7th December 2006, 15:31
my buddy and i are looking at charlotte

Rusty Spanner
8th December 2006, 14:39
Maybe we shall see. Haven't ruled it out yet.
Did Daytona in July and the Brickyard 400 in August this year.
Seemed to leave the immegration officer in Chicago when I flew out for the Brickyard a little miffed that I was back in the USA on another holiday just 3 weeks after leaving from the last one!
Although seriously tempted to go to the october NHRA Drag Race in Vegas this time instead of nascar.

Daytona Demon
8th December 2006, 20:28
Did Bristol this year in March VERY VERY COLD and it snowed.

Cannot decide between Talledega in April or Charlotte Speed Week in
May,but went there in 2001 but only for the Coca Cola 600 and not to all the races involved in the Speed Week so would be nice to go back again and it is the home of NASCAR.....

djparky
8th December 2006, 21:51
I went to Daytona 500 this year and had a great time- saw the Craftsman Truck series on Friday plus Busch qualifying (which was actually rather dull), but had a good chance to do the Fanzone thing- and the weather was fab

I was up in Lund Tower for Busch and Nextel Cup races so had a great view (although it was bloody cold on the Sunday- and I'm used to Silverstone weather!).

Am going back again in 2007, I will probably skip the Truck race this time but will go to the Gatorade races instead on the Thursday instead- it's about 10 weeks till the race??

Tomski
11th December 2006, 21:53
Just got confirmation that we've got our tickets for the Brickyard 400!!

Anybody been before, any tips advice??

Rusty Spanner
12th December 2006, 16:03
Just got confirmation that we've got our tickets for the Brickyard 400!!

Anybody been before, any tips advice??

I did the Brickyard this year.

I used the IndyGo shuttle to get too and from the race. Seemed to work OK and avoided most of the parking/traffic nightmare.

Get to the track early and just soak it all up. Indy's special. You could attempted the museum on raceday but it'll be packed and the track tours won't be happening. Better to go back on the Monday.

If you can go to the Truck race Friday night at IRP/ORP.