PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article on the way forward

SOD
30th April 2008, 04:22
Article at PT.

I think the author is spot on especially the last pice on "Its Tough To Have a Symphony With Only One Musician." All the race winners need to have their fans. Danica, like Sarah Fisher before her, is sucking in all the fan interest for herself.

as for the TV situation, i think that Tony should make sure that all Sunday afternoon races are live on network TV even if it means that races get shared between ABC & CBS/NBC/ etc...with all Saturday night races on ESPN.

Now that there's only one series, the bidding wars should favout the IndyCAr series instead of the sponsors, tracks.

Tony needs to see 10 years down the line. there are 24 cars in IPS , that is a great sign.

keep it unique and keep it interesting.

NickFalzone
30th April 2008, 04:39
I noticed that there were 25 drivers in the Kansas Indy Lights race. That means there were a total of 52 IndyCar drivers between the two series at the track.

MAX_THRUST
30th April 2008, 11:06
Interesting article that...

I do think now the open wheel war is over, the IRL will have to battle NASCAR.

I hope the American public wake up and appreciate the new merged series for what it'll be!!!! NASCAR is fine and dandy, but apart from Bristol, DAytona, Talledega, I can leave it.

MarcoCheever
30th April 2008, 13:21
MAX_THRUST I agree

I think NASCAR is way over exposed. Time soon will be right for IndyCar to gain some ground.

Some people (me) are getting tired of 5 hour NASCAR races that don't start until late afternoon and always have the winners.

Now if a Petty car would win or Montoya that would get some sparks going if not it's just the same circus week after week.

imo

DrDomm
30th April 2008, 14:48
Where's this article?

Breeze
30th April 2008, 18:18
It's on another web site with forum. Hence it cannot be mentioned by name or linked in this forum. You might think it has something to do with Paul Tracy, but it doesn't.

harvick#1
30th April 2008, 18:45
MAX_THRUST I agree

I think NASCAR is way over exposed. Time soon will be right for IndyCar to gain some ground.

Some people (me) are getting tired of 5 hour NASCAR races that don't start until late afternoon and always have the winners.

Now if a Petty car would win or Montoya that would get some sparks going if not it's just the same circus week after week.

imo

ever look into the ALMS, by far the best racing overall this year, there has not been one downer 4 classes all doing battle at the same time.

the Long Beach race was amazing, same for St. Pete