PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Creek wants F1

ShiftingGears
28th April 2008, 12:41
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66999

I think they should save their money. Bad circuit, poor design, bad economic situation. Surely Phillip Island would be a better alternative?

wedge
28th April 2008, 13:00
From watching the V8s that's a nice track and really enjoy the onboard cameras.

If they go with Phillip Island, they just need Tilke to re-profile the first left-hander ;)

Foggy
28th April 2008, 13:02
Tell em, they're dreamin.

Shai-Hulud
28th April 2008, 13:39
I would expect that it would require a lot of effort (and money) to get that track to F1 standards; those concrete walls don't look very safe. Remember team Japan's crash in the very first A1GP race over there? Wasn't a pleasant sight... It would surprise me if anyone in the GPDA would be happy to race over there without some massive rebuilding.

rah
28th April 2008, 15:24
Always hated the track myself. I always thought they should go for a street race in homebush. All the infrastructure is there already.

Azumanga Davo
29th April 2008, 09:40
Bleedin' 'eck, I really don't think there is another track (apart from Adelaide perhaps) taking the GP from Big Albert. :)

AndyRAC
29th April 2008, 09:51
Bleedin' 'eck, I really don't think there is another track (apart from Adelaide perhaps) taking the GP from Big Albert. :)

No, I agree. Then again, Hidden Valley....... :D :D :D

Azumanga Davo
29th April 2008, 10:38
No, I agree. Then again, Hidden Valley....... :D :D :D

Good gravy, that's even worse. How will Darwin cope with a crowd going to a race that's about 3 or 4 times bigger than the place holding it? :p :

Go to Barbagallo and show Heikki that being beried in sand is no better than tyres... :s Looks like Monza, just about a minute shorter though...

millencolin
29th April 2008, 13:07
News Flash

Formula One goes to the PAPERCLIP

Yes Queensland Raceway has got the rights to the Australia Formula One Grand Prix

Lol i wish it was April 1st, cause that would be my joke. As anyone who has seen QR in person would know, it is the worst venue on the planet. Yet somehow they get a V8 event every year. Just a little joke for you Aussies

Seriously, if Eastern Creek want to do up theyre track to f1 standards, do it! anything to keep f1 downunder and to stop countries with no motorsport heritage *cough* Russia *cough* from stealing our race with their money.

Iemma would do it I think, anything to get one up over melbourne.

AndyRAC
29th April 2008, 13:47
Good gravy, that's even worse. How will Darwin cope with a crowd going to a race that's about 3 or 4 times bigger than the place holding it? :p :

Go to Barbagallo and show Heikki that being beried in sand is no better than tyres... :s Looks like Monza, just about a minute shorter though...

I am sure you realise I was being tongue-in-cheek. Well there's always Oran Park, Sandown, .......

CNR
29th April 2008, 13:52
http://www.nmd.com.au/images/trackimages/Eastern_Creek_official.jpg

http://www.eastern-creek-raceway.com/

millencolin
29th April 2008, 14:00
You all gotta admit though, turn one rocks!!! rest of the track is a bit 'meh' but turn one is one mad corner

millencolin
29th April 2008, 14:04
Well there's always Oran Park, .......

Better make it quick... cause its becoming a housing estate (sadly... there is one aussie track I am surely going to miss)

AndyRAC
29th April 2008, 14:19
Better make it quick... cause its becoming a housing estate (sadly... there is one aussie track I am surely going to miss)

I have to be honest, of all the tracks on the Aussie V8 series on TOCA3, that is my least favourite. Still sad to see it being turned into a housing estate.

Azumanga Davo
29th April 2008, 14:27
I am sure you realise I was being tongue-in-cheek. Well there's always Oran Park, Sandown, .......

I am sure you realise so was I. ;)

JSH
29th April 2008, 15:21

Sure there is. My money says it's in a place called "Mumbai" or "Delhi".

millencolin
29th April 2008, 23:59
Sure there is. My money says it's in a place called "Mumbai" or "Delhi".

No no aparently its in a place called "Moscow", i think its a region North East of Perth, heading towards Broome.

AJP
30th April 2008, 03:58
Eastern Creek is a dust bowl with a horrible layout for teams and spectators.

There is no public transport and the parking facitities are horrible having to take standard cars on dirt roads fit for 4WD's only.

The Pits need to be relocated and modernised with a new main straight above the current turn 6-7 area so at least teams can see most of the track and what is going on.

It also needs to be lengthened, all of the concrete walls and pathetic gravel traps removed...throw in some trees and the place might look half decent...but it is still in the middle of no where...save your time and money Eastern Creek, you would have to spend way too much money on the track to get it to an international level...

ShiftingGears
30th April 2008, 04:04
You all gotta admit though, turn one rocks!!! rest of the track is a bit 'meh' but turn one is one mad corner

Yeah..If the rest of the circuit had corners as good as turn one it would be worth renovating. Unfortunately theres more problems with it besides layout.

millencolin
30th April 2008, 09:03
Yeah..If the rest of the circuit had corners as good as turn one it would be worth renovating. Unfortunately theres more problems with it besides layout.

Hey be thankful, at least your local racetrack has a grandstand :p :

Don't talk to me about crap tracks until you visit Queensland Raceway

ShiftingGears
30th April 2008, 09:22
Don't talk to me about crap tracks until you visit Queensland Raceway

Ahahah. I think its actually the worst racetrack I've ever seen.