PDA

View Full Version : Your Big Weekend?

J4MIE
28th April 2008, 00:59
So, it seems like nobody could get on to the forum over the last few days, so I was just wondering what everyone has been up to in order to pass the time instead?

Have you got around to finishing that DIY project that's been half-done for ages? Gone out to enjoy the first signs of summer arriving (some UK residents maybe ;) ) and doing a bit of gardening? Were you able to get the barbecue out the shed, dust it off and grill some sausages? Or did you have a long lie-in on Saturday followed by a long weekend of tv and crisps?

:cheese:

Myself I went to the Granite City Rally near Aberdeen, on Friday there was a press stage and I managed to get a ride in a Metro 6R4 so that's one of my life ambitions ticked off the list :bounce: Unfortunately on the next run it got written off!! :eek: Saturday was the main event and I spent some time controlling traffic including a bus full of people in kilts and several cars that had just come from a wedding..... and today I have been sorting through all my photos and tidying up and eating leftover food :D

What have you been up to?

janneppi
28th April 2008, 06:28
On Friday drove to visit my parents, finally changed from studded tyres to summer tyres and washed the car. On Saturday helped my brother to move.

GridGirl
28th April 2008, 08:58
I had my hair cut, bought some clothes and a Wii Fit all by 9.30 on Saturday morning.

Spent a fair bit of the remaining weekend playing Wii Fit. :)

millencolin
28th April 2008, 09:13
Had a huge 21st on saturday night. Big big night, and friday night I was at the Brisbane Broncos Thrashing of South Sydney

Well that was the plan before I got glandular fever ... Bollocks!

Magnus
28th April 2008, 09:24
On friday evening I just had a quite slow evening. Went to the airport to pick up my mother and my daughter who had visited friends in Southhampton. slept for a while in front of the tele, then had to take the boat over to marstrand to guide my girlfriend home with our bigger boat since the lights on hers were out and the coastal guard was in marstrand... Summer is approaching... ;)
On saturday I went up early. took a small sailing boat up from the water, with the mast on, so I used the truck. It is quite simple, because that way you can do it your self, as opposed to lifting with the mobile crane. The boat owner needs to change the impellerwheel and it is such a stupid construction that you can not do it with the boat in the water. Actually he finally gave up and wanted me to do it for him. Put three boats down in the water, using the crane. Broke the belt for the generator so I couldn´t turn the engine of until i was finished.
Rushed into Kungalv to fetch stuff for my new set of flag poles which I will use in the petrolstation this summer (I have started my own little brand - "Räkmacken" :) )
Also picked up a cable so we now finally can watch the vids from our trip to bali, Au, NZ and HK last winter. Bought some Bacardi and a few cans og guinness aswell for the evening and some paint and other stuff.
went home, slept for an hour, then of with my little Mini Clubman to a party with some friens. Normally we have a big party i marstarnd this date, but this year we had not som many interested so we decided to cancel it. i stayed sober though and drove back to marstrand at 11,30 pm. Ceciilia had stopped working and we had a few drinks on Högvakten and Värdshuset, though I was rather tired: almost like summer :) Met with some nice people, one of them drummer in a british popband actually (Ghosts) which are now in marsrand to record some new record. He is the son of one of my customers, otherwise it was mostly the same ol´folks out...
Went home with the boat at 02,30, Up early again. Rain. Fixed the flags, and then planned for a trip to rönnäng for dinner. But then I got so tired so I cancelled every plan and just took sunday.

28th April 2008, 09:41
Did quite a lot of autumn cleanup in the garden but that was on the agenda anyway. I tidied up my playlists in iTunes and burned some new cds, printed the artwork labels and popped them in cases. Now, that's much better than having cds which I'd not bothered to write anything on. I was spending 15 minutes putting cds on and saying, "no, that's not what I want', "no, not that either", "where's that Kings of Leon one?" or whatever.
Sorted out a problem with Adobe Reader - that took 3 hours cos I don't know what I'm doing. Got into a new PC game. Counted down the hours until WSBK Assen.

28th April 2008, 09:49
Had a huge 21st on saturday night. Big big night, and friday night I was at the Brisbane Broncos Thrashing of South Sydney

Well that was the plan before I got glandular fever ... Bollocks!

Glandular fever - isn't that what's known as the "kissing disease"? :)

millencolin
28th April 2008, 10:02
Glandular fever - isn't that what's known as the "kissing disease"? :)

Hey what happens in my private life is my business :p : damn beer and late nights out on the town

veeten
28th April 2008, 12:53
Water heater failed on Wedensday and tried to fix it. It was 15 years old, but i I thought, with some new heater elements, it would be up and running. :)

Wrong. :s

So, a new unit was installed and hot water is back. :) Yay! :D

wedge
28th April 2008, 13:29
Too busy pressing the 'refresh' button :P

Garry Walker
28th April 2008, 14:23
I invited friends over and we had a nice BBQ followed by sauna, pool and poker

Magnus
28th April 2008, 16:09
I invited friends over and we had a nice BBQ followed by sauna, pool and poker

I pass on the poker, otherwise it sounds great!

Garry Walker
28th April 2008, 18:17
I pass on the poker, otherwise it sounds great!

It was great!

Why do you not like poker?

MrJan
28th April 2008, 19:07
Spent Saturday at the Somerset Stages rally which was fantastic. Tried unsuccesfully to watch Match Of The Day all the way through (too tired after lots of walking at the rally)

Sunday was a sort of recovery day. Sorted out my photos and videos, watched the GP (fell asleep again). Tried unsuccesfully to get some college work done and actually managed to watch the whole of MOTD2. All in all a class weekend added to by the fact that Exeter City scored twice in the last 3 minutes against Burton to draw 4-4 and win a playoff semi-final against semi-local rivals Torquay. UP THE CITY.

Drew
28th April 2008, 19:11
Studied all weekend as I'm so far behind and skint :p :

schmenke
28th April 2008, 20:51
Well, let's see... I put in 12 hours in the office on Saturday, with another 6 on Sunday :dozey:

J4MIE
28th April 2008, 23:38
Glad everyone enjoyed themselves then :D (apart from schmenke maybe :p : )

gadjo_dilo
29th April 2008, 07:25
This weekend we celebrated Easter so until Saturday night I had to do a lot of shopping/cooking/cleaning. The next 2 days I ate, and ate and ate and drank......
Today is my birthday so we'll have a combined bh/easter party at work.
Tomorrow we'll finish to eat what we started today.
Then 1 and 2 May are days off so I have anothr long weekend on the horizon.

jso1985
30th April 2008, 02:58
all my party plans went to nothing so I had to stay home but it wasn't that as it was easier to wake up for the Spanish GP
Only noted the forum was gone on Sunday afternoon.