PDA

View Full Version : DC at it again!

wedge
27th April 2008, 23:27
This growing tiresome!

DC took almost a half-hearted attempt at closing the door and Glock made a stupid manouvre - an exact copy of Sutil on the first lap - by running the car onto the kerbs and using it as a crap braking zone thus colliding with DC.

Maurice Hamilton on BBC 5live reckons DC and Vettel should swap seats.

ShiftingGears
27th April 2008, 23:34

He probably needs to pay attention to Bourdais and how he's driving. Outqualified Vettel in the last two races, the one autosport called "The next Schumacher".

Valve Bounce
27th April 2008, 23:40
This growing tiresome!

DC took almost a half-hearted attempt at closing the door and Glock made a stupid manouvre - an exact copy of Sutil on the first lap - by running the car onto the kerbs and using it as a crap braking zone thus colliding with DC.

I think DC and James Allen should swap seats.

gloomyDAY
27th April 2008, 23:43
I think DC and James Allen should swap seats. :laugh: Missed this site.

You guys are always loaded with funnies.

DC's comments were interesting......

Valve Bounce
27th April 2008, 23:53
DC's confused explanation here: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66986

Hawkmoon
28th April 2008, 00:29
Didn't DC also get tagged by Sutil at the start? Does he have a sign saying "Insert car here." plastered all over his car? It sure seems like it as plenty of other drivers have been trying to insert their cars into various different parts of DC's Red Bull all year.

ShiftingGears
28th April 2008, 00:55
I think Brundles suggestion of larger mirrors and vibration dampers is a good one.

Tazio
28th April 2008, 01:13
I find it really ironic that Sato gave him Sponge Bob such a wide berth when he passed!
I'm looking forward to the new regs. I believe passing is far to difficult with current aero designs!

Ranger
28th April 2008, 01:29
The DC collision was mostly Timo Glock's fault. It was an optimistic move as he was not alongside Coulthard approaching the apex of the corner.

Likewise, Nelson Piquet jr's pass on Bourdais was hopelessly optimistic to the point that it was stupid. That guy needs to pull his head in.

I'm looking forward to the new regs. I believe passing is far to difficult with current aero designs!

So am I. But the reason for the apparent dullness of this race was because every team has an optimal setup because of the many km's done here in the off-season.

Nonetheless, those are two overtakes right there. In the entire race I counted 4... two of which were passing a much slower car after several laps stuck behind them.

Tazio
28th April 2008, 01:39
The DC collision was mostly Timo Glock's fault. It was an optimistic move as he was not alongside Coulthard approaching the apex of the corner.
Agreed! I don't think you can blame that one on DC!

mstillhere
28th April 2008, 01:57
He probably needs to pay attention to Bourdais and how he's driving. Outqualified Vettel in the last two races, the one autosport called "The next Schumacher".

No wonder why Ferrari want him :)

Valve Bounce
28th April 2008, 02:08
I think Brundles suggestion of larger mirrors and vibration dampers is a good one.

I'm just thinking of an optical system relying on lenses and prisms which would actually produce the image directly in front of the driver. Surely some high school physics genius could come up with that. But it is obvious that any such device would need extremely good damping ( something like a low hysterysis bridge deck damping type rubber) material to minimise the vibration.
Martin tried one of those cars and said he couldn't see anything at all in the rear vision mirrors; the revs are simply too high in these cars.

markabilly
28th April 2008, 03:34
This growing tiresome!

Didn't DC also get tagged by Sutil at the start? Does he have a sign saying "Insert car here." plastered all over his car? It sure seems like it as plenty of other drivers have been trying to insert their cars into various different parts of DC's Red Bull all year.
real problem is that DC seems to be leaving the door open, or just being over too far and inviting a pass as he comes into or up to the corner..add in how slow he is ussually going anyway.....just making it too tempting to the other guy, ........then he shuts the door no matter what, who or where the other guy is :eek:

ShiftingGears
28th April 2008, 03:44
No wonder why Ferrari want him :)

...Because a magazine overrates him? :s

Tazio
28th April 2008, 03:47
...Because a magazine overrates him? :s :laugh: :laugh:

Valve Bounce
28th April 2008, 03:54
I'm confused here; when did Ferrari want DC? :confused:

Hawkmoon
28th April 2008, 04:28

Didn't they offer him a test driver role a few years ago?

gloomyDAY
28th April 2008, 05:14
I'm confused here; when did Ferrari want DC? :confused: Vettel is the man they were on about.

Valve Bounce
28th April 2008, 06:43
Vettel is the man they were on about.

That's even worse!! :p :

ioan
28th April 2008, 08:59
He probably needs to pay attention to Bourdais and how he's driving.

I would call his yesterday piece very very poor driving!

ioan
28th April 2008, 09:00
Vettel is the man they were on about.

McLaren wanted Vettel last winter before choosing Heiki, but RedBull management didn't agree.

When did Ferrari try to sign Vettel?!

F1boat
28th April 2008, 09:01
I think that Timo admitted that it is his fault.

BDunnell
28th April 2008, 13:10

Likewise, Nelson Piquet jr's pass on Bourdais was hopelessly optimistic to the point that it was stupid. That guy needs to pull his head in.

While I'm sure that some people on here still feel that drivers should basically take the widest line possible round each corner to avoid any potential contact if someone wants to try an absurd lunge down the inside, I agree with you on both counts.

What we didn't see between Coulthard and Glock was what happened after Glock punted him wide, which may well have been stupid on DC's part.

Garry Walker
28th April 2008, 14:40
I would call his yesterday piece very very poor driving!

LOL.

Only you.

DC was not at fault this time, Glocks driving was idiotic.

yodasarmpit
28th April 2008, 18:11
Ohh come on, this one was on Glock not DC.

ioan
28th April 2008, 18:51
LOL.

Only you.

DC was not at fault this time, Glocks driving was idiotic.

I was talking about Bourdais not DC! :rolleyes:
You really like to attack people before carefully reading what they post. :\

Garry Walker
28th April 2008, 19:00
I was talking about Bourdais not DC! :rolleyes:
You really like to attack people before carefully reading what they post. :\

I know what you said and my comment about DC and Glock was not aimed at you, but my view on the topic at hand. So once again you have barked at the wrong tree.

ioan
28th April 2008, 19:38
I know what you said and my comment about DC and Glock was not aimed at you, but my view on the topic at hand. So once again you have barked at the wrong tree.

If you don't reply to my posts, please, do not quote me, simple.

Garry Walker
28th April 2008, 20:07
If you don't reply to my posts, please, do not quote me, simple.

LOL.

the first two lines of my posts were a reply to you, the rest was my comment on the general topic. I would think that is fairly easy to understand.

ioan
28th April 2008, 20:09
LOL.

the first two lines of my posts were a reply to you, the rest was my comment on the general topic. I would think that is fairly easy to understand.

For you and you way of thinking, however some can't read you mind as you do! :p :

wmcot
28th April 2008, 23:47
Back on topic - It seems that these turn in incidents are happening far too often to DC to be a coincidence! Perhaps the way he drives gives those behind him a false impression that he is leaving them room and then he cuts them off? I can't think of another driver that is having this problem...

Tazio
28th April 2008, 23:56
This fine was for missing the GP Drivers parade
http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Other-sports/2008/04/28/F1-Coulthard-fine-with-fine-/
According to reports, Coulthard tried to use some humour
to get out of paying the fine when he spoke to the race stewards
after the race but his comments fell on deaf ears.

I wonder if he said something like "You should be happy I didn't participate!
You wouldnt want anyone crashed out of the race before we take to the grid"!! :p :

markabilly
29th April 2008, 00:23
Back on topic - It seems that these turn in incidents are happening far too often to DC to be a coincidence! Perhaps the way he drives gives those behind him a false impression that he is leaving them room and then he cuts them off? I can't think of another driver that is having this problem...

Me, too

That was my thought that I I posted earlier

Have not looked at lap times, but it seems that someone at bit faster gets on his tail, then the door seems open for a second, and then down it shuts.

Strange all his bumps while someone is trying to go by......just makes it that much more difficult to have passing in F1....

aryan
29th April 2008, 04:43

Many times... specially when he was leaving McLaren... as a test driver...

Many people around the paddock rate his testing abilities.

He speaks more and more like someone who knows he's in his final year...

I hope he does replace Jame Allen... I've always found his ITV columns quite interesting.

Valve Bounce
29th April 2008, 06:04
Many times... specially when he was leaving McLaren... as a test driver...

Many people around the paddock rate his testing abilities.

He speaks more and more like someone who knows he's in his final year...

I hope he does replace Jame Allen... I've always found his ITV columns quite interesting.

I suppse if he replaces James Allen, Martin would run into him in the commentary box and spill his coffee. :p :

Tazio
29th April 2008, 06:08
I suppse if he replaces James Allen, Martin would run into him in the commentary box and spill his coffee. :p :
Or find mysterious dings in car in the company lot! :p :

gloomyDAY
29th April 2008, 06:58
McLaren wanted Vettel last winter before choosing Heiki, but RedBull management didn't agree.

When did Ferrari try to sign Vettel?!Loose talk that autsport brought to everyone's attention during the off-season. M. Schumacher was heralding Vettel and a lot of paddock talk surrounded the young German and his advance into the Italian squad.

jso1985
30th April 2008, 04:57
Even if Glock was a bit too optimistic on the move, Coulthard did what he has done the whole year... he closed the door way too late and way too violently.

Coulthard should retire, he's not performing at all, Webber is way faster than him and the only time he's on TV is when he crashes with a faster car

Garry Walker
30th April 2008, 11:00
Even if Glock was a bit too optimistic on the move, Coulthard did what he has done the whole year... he closed the door way too late and way too violently.

No. Glock completely missed his braking point, this was 100% his mistake.

Knock-on
30th April 2008, 12:20

Coulthard should retire, he's not performing at all, Webber is way faster than him and the only time he's on TV is when he crashes with a faster car

:confused:

DC was not to blame for this one :(

Still, I wouldn't fancy seeing his Insurance quote....

"So Mr C, how many years no claims have you got?"

"Ummmm, none actually"

"OK then, have you had any accidents in the past 5 years"

:bigcry: "Where do I start!!"

:laugh:

Valve Bounce
30th April 2008, 12:23
....................but most of them were not my fault. :(

CNR
1st May 2008, 01:05
http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=82967

Phillips told Maurice Hamilton on his Formula One Inside Line podcast that "the word is that perhaps that there is a young lad - probably from Toro Rosso - that will probably be in there... by the next race from what I understand."

markabilly
1st May 2008, 01:11
http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=82967

Originally Posted by http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/aria/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=0#post0)
Phillips told Maurice Hamilton on his Formula One Inside Line podcast that "the word is that perhaps that there is a young lad - probably from Toro Rosso - that will probably be in there... by the next race from what I understand

would be sort of a sad way to go, but i am glad to see that scottie not Speed is back in F1.....yes!!!!!!!!!!go daddy go

wedge
1st May 2008, 11:08
It's Vettel, I'd already pointed that out at the beginning of the thread!