PDA

View Full Version : *****SPOILER**** How unprofessional

jarrambide
27th April 2008, 22:35
How unprofessional indeed, I know that I would be very mad if my driver did that to my feet, but these guys are suppose to be professionals, the crew member should know better, Marty did not do it on purpose, accidents happen, if I was the owner of the team, the crew member would be looking for a job tomorrow.

harvick#1
27th April 2008, 22:43
:confused:

what happened

cos
27th April 2008, 22:46
Simon Morley gave Roth a thwack on the helmet after Roth pretty much crashed into his legs in the pitlane.

Chris R
27th April 2008, 23:22
from the replay it looks like he got twacked after he ran the guy over a second time....

jarrambide
27th April 2008, 23:43
Talking about being unprofessional, what was the deal with Danicaīs interview?, one win under her belt and she is now telling other drivers things like, "hey buddy, you are new, we know how to do this better? or more precious gems like, "I donīt even know who he is"?

Come on people, the arrogant look is not the one you want for your poster boy/girl, specially if some of your comments are derogatory, unless you want to be PT and be the favorite villain.

OWFan19
28th April 2008, 00:20
Talking about being unprofessional, what was the deal with Danicaīs interview?, one win under her belt and she is now telling other drivers things like, "hey buddy, you are new, we know how to do this better? or more precious gems like, "I donīt even know who he is"?

Come on people, the arrogant look is not the one you want for your poster boy/girl, specially if some of your comments are derogatory, unless you want to be PT and be the favorite villain.

She didnt win today, so she had to do whatever she could so that she could get some highlights later. I am sure they will be talking about how Princess called out the others.

jarrambide
28th April 2008, 00:25
Just to be clear, I am not questioning her allegations, that is the matter for another thread, my point is that regardless if she is right or wrong, you donīt talk about other drivers like that when you are trying to rebuild a series.

Those comments painted (in my opinion obviously) the series as one full of rookies (some of them unknowns) that have no idea of what they are doing, and painted her as a very arrogant driver that has yet to win the title of "great driver" but believes she deserves it.

Vegasguy
28th April 2008, 00:31
I see a fine or possibly a suspension coming. Shall we start a poll to guess how long?

It was not his fault that he got hit but it was his fault for getting his toes run over.

FormerFF
28th April 2008, 00:31
Just to be clear, I am not questioning her allegations, that is the matter for another thread, my point is that regardless if she is right or wrong, you donīt talk about other drivers like that when you are trying to rebuild a series.

Those comments painted (in my opinion obviously) the series as one full of rookies (some of them unknowns) that have no idea of what they are doing.

Agreed. Unfortunately, Danica is beginning to believe her press clippings.

Phoenixent
28th April 2008, 01:45

That how she has been since she has been in the IRL. All she cares about is herself. When she block it's called defensive driving when another driver does it to her it's a dangerous maneuver.

She has not been around long enough to even polish the soles of PT's shoes.

millencolin
28th April 2008, 01:54

I noticed that too in this morning's coverage and thought 'wow, what an arrogant expletive.

The gem quote of 'hey buddy, you are new, we know how to do this better', well Danica, if you know how to do that better, how come he was FASTER than you. After her little rant today, my perception of her has gone from neutral/not caring to disliking. Wins one race and thinks she is a world beater.

I was very impressed today with Viso. He is in a one car 'transitional' team and, to be frank, he made some of the IRL regulars look like rookies! HVM have gotten up to speed on ovals very quickly, imagine if they were a two car team. And Viso isn't a dud driver either. Won races in GP2, won the National Class in British F3... He's no Moraes.

garyshell
28th April 2008, 02:15
I see a fine or possibly a suspension coming. Shall we start a poll to guess how long?

It was not his fault that he got hit but it was his fault for getting his toes run over.

How was it his fault??? He steped back to let his car out of the pit and signal to Roth that he needed to hold. Then Roth's car rolled forward over his foot.

I certainly hope there is no fine coming here. He got run over once, then twice then with an open hand whacked the side of a helmet. I am sure his had hurt a LOT more than Roth's head did. As they say in the NBA, no blood... no foul.

Gary

NickFalzone
28th April 2008, 02:24
A lot of odd stuff at Kansas and ABC didn't exactly do a stellar job covering it. Marty made a dumb move in pit lane, what is his deal? Clearly he has the team to make a fast racecar but when raceday comes... oofa. And what happened with Vitor? I leave for 20 seconds and come back to Vitor getting out of his car. Did he hit a tire in pit lane or what?

CARTDM15
28th April 2008, 02:30
Tell Danica EJ Viso is the guy that finish six places ahead of you at St.Pete.

Danica is really starting to get on my nerves.She just won one race.She han't done anything special in my book.I always thought a women could win a race.

jarrambide
28th April 2008, 02:49
Gary, indeed it was Rothīs fault all the way, but I still think Morley was unprofessional, that is the huge difference, a huge dumb moment vs. a huge unprofessional moment.

No matter how much he was hurting, no matter Roth was completely at fault, you donīt hit your driver on ESPN2 for the whole world to see, if you donīt take severe disciplinary measures with Morley, you are telling everyone that is driver season, that and your telling everyone everyone can do whatever they want in your team.

Roth I donīt think should receive any disciplinary measures, but he should receive a reprimand.

jarrambide
28th April 2008, 02:49
Gary, indeed it was Rothīs fault all the way, but I still think Morley was unprofessional, that is the huge difference, a huge dumb moment vs. a huge unprofessional moment.

No matter how much he was hurting, no matter Roth was completely at fault, you donīt hit your driver on ESPN2 for the whole world to see, if you donīt take severe disciplinary measures with Morley, you are telling everyone that is driver season, that and your telling everyone everyone can do whatever they want in your team.

Roth I donīt think should receive any disciplinary measures, but he should receive a reprimand.

harvick#1
28th April 2008, 02:53
And what happened with Vitor? I leave for 20 seconds and come back to Vitor getting out of his car. Did he hit a tire in pit lane or what?

yeah, tire rolled out and he hit it, Vitor at first thought it was fine and was furious when he was told to get out, although he never saw the damage at first

garyshell
28th April 2008, 02:54
Jose,

The guy who hit Roth was Schecter's crew chief. And like I said, an open hand to the side of the helmet is, in my mind, not a punishable act. Clearly it is very differenet than a punch from the likes of AJ Foyt, for example.

Gary

jarrambide
28th April 2008, 02:56
Jose,

The guy who hit Roth was Schecter's crew chief. And like I said, an open hand to the side of the helmet is, in my mind, not a punishable act. Clearly it is very differenet than a punch from the likes of AJ Foyt, for example.

Gary

What?, Was I wrong and Gary right?
You know what, Iīm going to ban you for proving me wrong. :D

BoilerIMS
28th April 2008, 03:07
What?, Was I wrong and Gary right?
You know what, Iīm going to ban you for proving me wrong. :D

<insert sound of glass shattering...> Gary is right on that... Scheckter's crew was helping Roth get out of the way and he returned the favor by running over a foot. Smacking Roth's helmet (was that Morley or someone else? I couldn't tell) was unprofessional, but perhaps understandable.

jarrambide
28th April 2008, 03:11
<insert sound of glass shattering...> Gary is right on that... Scheckter's crew was helping Roth get out of the way and he returned the favor by running over a foot. Smacking Roth's helmet (was that Morley or someone else? I couldn't tell) was unprofessional, but perhaps understandable.
And since they are from different teams I donīt see any necessity for the IRL to do something, as you and gary have pointed out, it is understandable, my whole basis for any action was the belief that he was on Rothīs team, forget my earlier post then.

ezhop7
28th April 2008, 03:30
Jarrambide I would like to see how professionally you act if some one drove a car over you foot and ran into your teammate. In fact it was not Simon Morely who slapped Marty Roth up side the head but another one of the Luzon crew members. In the heat of battle anything can happen and no fine is warranted, but we all know that Marty Roth should put someone else in the car who can really drive. marty is not a good driver.

NickFalzone
28th April 2008, 03:30
yeah, tire rolled out and he hit it, Vitor at first thought it was fine and was furious when he was told to get out, although he never saw the damage at first

Is there video of this? I can't believe his day is over after hitting a tire in pit lane. I know that part of the safety aspect of these cars is that they break easily to protect the driver during impact but a low-speed incident like this shouldn't end a driver's day. Even Scheckter's incident was fairly minor. Basically if these cars have any kind of contact besides tire on sidepod it's game over.

harvick#1
28th April 2008, 03:37
one of the suspension parts for the left tire was cracked in half, enough to end someone's day

jarrambide
28th April 2008, 03:38
Jarrambide I would like to see how professionally you act if some one drove a car over you foot and ran into your teammate. In fact it was not Simon Morely who slapped Marty Roth up side the head but another one of the Luzon crew members. In the heat of battle anything can happen and no fine is warranted, but we all know that Marty Roth should put someone else in the car who can really drive. marty is not a good driver.
I already explained my original post was based on a false premise, since they are in different teams I don`t expect anything to happen.

Vegasguy
28th April 2008, 03:41
How was it his fault??? He steped back to let his car out of the pit and signal to Roth that he needed to hold. Then Roth's car rolled forward over his foot.

I certainly hope there is no fine coming here. He got run over once, then twice then with an open hand whacked the side of a helmet. I am sure his had hurt a LOT more than Roth's head did. As they say in the NBA, no blood... no foul.

Gary

It was his own fault because he didn't keep track of his big ol fat feet. ;-)

At that point Marty Roth didn't have engine power and was at the mercy of his crew.

If you look at the last replay on lap 31 you can see that when the crew started pushing the car forward Schecter had already left when they started pushing the car over Morley's foot. You can also see that when Morley was pushing Roth's car back he lost his balance. First pushing on the tire, then the front of the car.

No matter though, at no point is it acceptable to hit a driver or any other team member in the helmet... open hand or not.

Oh wait..... unless it's hockey.....

JMHO

beachbum
28th April 2008, 04:07
Tell Danica EJ Viso is the guy that finish six places ahead of you at St.Pete.

Danica is really starting to get on my nerves.She just won one race.She han't done anything special in my book.I always thought a women could win a race.
Her offhanded swipe at Scheckter "being Scheckter" was interesting, considering her spin at Indy 2005 took out Scheckter and 2 others. Nothing like revisionist history for the little princess. Suddenly 1 win in how many years in anything and she is the racing sage who can judge others.

tbyars
28th April 2008, 04:11
You know, I just wonder how critical of Danica y'all would be if she was a he?

I don't see a thread around here about Carpenter dropping the f-bomb in his criticism of Viso on the radio coverage.

As far as Roth goes, I have a feeling that he's very close to the end of the string with the league. JMO.

jarrambide
28th April 2008, 04:21

I don't see a thread around here about Carpenter dropping the f-bomb in his criticism of Viso on the radio coverage.

As far as Roth goes, I have a feeling that he's very close to the end of the string with the league. JMO.

She is getting the same treatment Bourdais used to get in the old CC forum when he used to talk bad about other drivers, and Bourdais had the wins and the championships to back it up.

Now, the Carpenter thing, was that something Carpenter said to his team on the radio?, if so the difference is huge, Carpenter was talking to his team, not to the TV audience, Danica on the other hand was being interview for TV after enough time had pass after the incident, she was supposedly calm and in control of herself, and decided to talk bad about other drivers.

If I criticized Bourdais while being a big fan and after the fact he dominated the series completely I will sure criticize Danica when she has only one win under her belt.

OWFan19
28th April 2008, 04:27

Ed is not the poster child of the league neither is roth, whom I think will be done soon. If Danica was a he, we would never know about him becuse he would never have been given the opportunities that she has.

Danica has been given the attention of the world. She won on fuel mileage and since she has been on every television show and on every newspaper. How many times today did we see these extras through out the race of the her only win? They dont do that for any other driver. The benefits that come from her popularity includes the negatives. She earned it today, she did not need to make a jab a Sheckter as he did nothing wrong. Any car that gets close to her, she has some b.s. to say about them. Last week it was Briscoe, and this week is Viso. It really has nothing to do with her gender, I wish you guys would quit throwing that card everytime someone doesnt kiss her ass.

Ed had another good run today, 2 weeks in a row of bad luck. He needs to watch his mouth.

Hoss Ghoul
28th April 2008, 05:03
Last week it was Briscoe, and this week is Viso. It really has nothing to do with her gender, I wish you guys would quit throwing that card everytime someone doesnt kiss her ass.

If it has nothing to do with gender, then why do you derogatorily refer to her as "princess" in your earlier post?

Danica isn't much different from most pissed of race car drivers interviewed after a bad race, really. About half of them will slag off another driver in that situation.

OWFan19
28th April 2008, 05:09
Last week it was Briscoe, and this week is Viso. It really has nothing to do with her gender, I wish you guys would quit throwing that card everytime someone doesnt kiss her ass.

quote]

If it has nothing to do with gender, then why do you derogatorily refer to her as "princess" in your earlier post?

Because if she was a man with the same treatment, he would be the prince.

NickFalzone
28th April 2008, 05:26
I'll take a pissed off, "unprofessional" Danica than some bland NASCAR type that always says the right thing for their sponsor. She can be annoying and is obviously divisive but she's still the 2nd best driver on AGR and will be a solid contender at Indy. The only thing I can hold against her is that she uses her gender and looks to have the $$ for a great ride. That said, the same nonsense holds for Marco or Foyt 4 who probably would not be where they are without their last names. And what about Carpenter?! The fact is that not everything about racing is "fair". Just ask Vitor Meira, who has about the worst luck I've ever seen. I don't hold it against Marco, Ed, or Anthony since they're competitive, and same with Danica.

jarrambide
28th April 2008, 05:27

Danica isn't much different from most pissed of race car drivers interviewed after a bad race, really. About half of them will slag off another driver in that situation.
So what you are trying to tell us is that if some male driver did it we would not be complaining?, mmmmh, so you are saying that if for example someone like, mmmh, lets say Michael Andretti, liked to whine and whine and whine no one here would call him Whining Michael?, or Michael Whiner Andretti?

If the problem is that one member call her princess, then we can ask Michael to let us use "whining Danica".

Hoss Ghoul
28th April 2008, 06:08
So what you are trying to tell us is that if some male driver did it we would not be complaining?, mmmmh, so you are saying that if for example someone like, mmmh, lets say Michael Andretti, liked to whine and whine and whine no one here would call him Whining Michael?, or Michael Whiner Andretti?

If the problem is that one member call her princess, then we can ask Michael to let us use "whining Danica".

The difference being, one is a descriptive adjective, the other is a gender-biased insult. No one would ever call Michael Andretti a "prince". If you don't see the difference, my pointing it out won't change your minds.

xtlm
28th April 2008, 06:58
hmmm, well to rebut....

has racing ever been professional????(with interviews and other things)

F1boat
28th April 2008, 08:16
I congratulated Danica for her wonderful victory in Japan, but in Kansas she obviously showed a less charming side of her character. I have never been a fan of her and while I find her a decent, solid driver I don't think that she is great. It is better for her not to badmouth other drivers because in the end they might prove to be better than her. I still remember how she attacked Dan Wheldon, who is about 10 times better than her.

seppefan
28th April 2008, 13:14
I congratulated Danica for her wonderful victory in Japan, but in Kansas she obviously showed a less charming side of her character. I have never been a fan of her and while I find her a decent, solid driver I don't think that she is great. It is better for her not to badmouth other drivers because in the end they might prove to be better than her. I still remember how she attacked Dan Wheldon, who is about 10 times better than her.
I love what Danica said. Why not? It is better than the tedium we always get, " the boys worked so hard, the sponsor is great, thanks to Mum " , Wow these boring speeeches we hear week after week. Danica is great. I have never liked her till yesterday. She nearly trashed it and did not. Schekter can take it I am sure ! It is so much more interesting and I say bring it on. Also she is right. The new guys do need to learn as Justin Wilson admitted. Viso was out of control some of the time and we have to thank Mike Cannon for his brilliant strategy so far this year. Let her badmouth and put her foot in it...what is the issue apart from the viewer having a laugh.

dataman1
28th April 2008, 13:55
from the replay it looks like he got twacked after he ran the guy over a second time....

Chris, I agree. After completing the pit stop he helped push the Roth car backwards to let his car leave the pit box. Then the crew (assumption that engine is dead) pushed Roth's car over his foot. I think his reaction (helmet slap) was instinctive.

DrDomm
28th April 2008, 15:13
I totally forgot to DVR the race yesterday, so I missed all the Danica quotes. But I get the gist, and expect this from her. Afterall, she works for Mikey.

Nickfalzone and Seppefan are right. We need people who speak their mind, whether right or wrong (i.e. PT). We need to see real emotion. Contrary to what many IRL people/fans think, IndyCar needs to be the antithesis of NASCAR. So, good for Danica for telling it how (she thinks) it is.

BenRoethig
28th April 2008, 15:30

I could see both. The crew chief was a bit out of line, but Roth is a liability behind the wheel.

bblocker68
28th April 2008, 17:39
It was his own fault because he didn't keep track of his big ol fat feet. ;-)

At that point Marty Roth didn't have engine power and was at the mercy of his crew.

If you look at the last replay on lap 31 you can see that when the crew started pushing the car forward Schecter had already left when they started pushing the car over Morley's foot. You can also see that when Morley was pushing Roth's car back he lost his balance. First pushing on the tire, then the front of the car.

No matter though, at no point is it acceptable to hit a driver or any other team member in the helmet... open hand or not.

Oh wait..... unless it's hockey.....

JMHO

You guys figured it out, nevermind. Roth was not under power when the crewman got his foot ran over. Part 2 of his blunders was not Roth's fault.

As for Danica, she is now IndyCar's new villan. I see her having lunch with Tony Stewart and PT at Indy this month. She never has anything good to say about other drivers and her attitude is crap.

NickFalzone
28th April 2008, 18:11
So it wasn't Marty's fault that the crewman's foot got run over. How do you know the slap was for that? I figured it was for slamming into Simon.

bblocker68
28th April 2008, 18:26
Because he slapped Marty a second after he got his foot run over.

dataman1
28th April 2008, 18:45
Regardless of who is wrong, right or unprofessional the mechanic that was blind sided walked away. The outcome could have been so much worse considering his kneeling position. Had he not slid forward away from the wheel, bad crushing injuries would have resulted had he been pinned. He is very lucky.

mlj
28th April 2008, 21:07
I noticed that too in this morning's coverage and thought 'wow, what an arrogant expletive.

The gem quote of 'hey buddy, you are new, we know how to do this better', well Danica, if you know how to do that better, how come he was FASTER than you. After her little rant today, my perception of her has gone from neutral/not caring to disliking. Wins one race and thinks she is a world beater.

I was very impressed today with Viso. He is in a one car 'transitional' team and, to be frank, he made some of the IRL regulars look like rookies! HVM have gotten up to speed on ovals very quickly, imagine if they were a two car team. And Viso isn't a dud driver either. Won races in GP2, won the National Class in British F3... He's no Moraes.

My sentiments exactly, one win and now she is qualified to talk about other Drivers like this. In addition she says that after she wins the Indy Championship, then she wants to do F1 or Nascar... dream on Danica dream on

NickFalzone
28th April 2008, 23:32
Just out of curiousity, what took Roth out of the race? He got back on the track after the pit incident then a few laps later he was "out" on timing and scoring.

dataman1
29th April 2008, 14:02
Official report is that Roth went out early due to handling problems.

millencolin
29th April 2008, 14:12
Official report is that Roth went out early due to handling problems.

Perhaps he was dazed from the smack to the head and couldnt see straight... 'handling problems' :p :