PDA

View Full Version : Yet again another one on ESPN Classic

jarrambide
27th April 2008, 22:32
Yes, the race is now on ESPN2, but the first 27 laps could be watch only by ESPN Classic subscribers, which is not an average joe channel.

Some things are changing for good, but in other aspects IndyCar is going backwards, the last couple broadcasts are looking so much like the CC broadcasts.

Donīt like it at all, even when races could be seen in Spike the average joe had the channel.

jarrambide
27th April 2008, 22:41
Not wanting to sound so negative, how great to see so many cars running for a race that is not the Indy 500.

harvick#1
27th April 2008, 22:48
yes its very nice to see more cars, pretty pathetic when they could only get 15 cars tops last year.

hopefully a new car will be made next year so all the teams are on equal footing

BobGarage
27th April 2008, 22:57
UK's not getting any better coverage.

race was advertised at 11pm on a 1 haour tape delay.

The nascar race ended earlier than expected so they started showing the race ten minutes early. SO if you were planning on NOT watching the nascar race and tuning into the irl race at 11 you've missed the start of the race.

then they joined dead on the cars going green with no commentary until after bernoldi spun.

then without going to an ad break the commentary stopped and the lap count went from 15 to 19. where di those 4 laps go?

then will power hits the wall and they jump to the restart without the yellow flag periood so you miss why justin wilson is suddenly leading and no comment as to why he is.

tbyars
27th April 2008, 23:11
harvick#1, there is no new car for next year. 2010 earliest.

harvick#1
27th April 2008, 23:15
harvick#1, there is no new car for next year. 2010 earliest.

thank you :)

CARTDM15
28th April 2008, 02:38
I miss the opener but saw everything from the 10th lap in.Was it me or was the crowd leaving as the race went on.Seem a lot less full at the end.If so that is not good.

tbyars
28th April 2008, 04:20
then will power hits the wall and they jump to the restart without the yellow flag periood so you miss why justin wilson is suddenly leading and no comment as to why he is.

Bob, Wilson and several other cars stopped on the first caution. Wilson did not stop on the Power caution and that left him in the lead when the race went green again.

But he still had 25-lap tires, and he went backward FAST after the green flag. At the end of the first green flag lap I believe he was 4th or 5th, and when it came time for him to make his stop about 10 laps later, he lost a lap.

NickFalzone
28th April 2008, 04:29
Cart, looked like a good crowd but you're right it seemed like some were leaving as it went along. Not one of the more exciting IndyCar races. Even with 18 cars on the track I have to say last years early ovals were better than this year. Until the top 5 competition gets stronger I'm going to continue to miss Dario and Hornish in the field. Hopefully Indy will kick things up a few notches.

bblocker68
28th April 2008, 18:35
Yes, the race is now on ESPN2, but the first 27 laps could be watch only by ESPN Classic subscribers, which is not an average joe channel.

Some things are changing for good, but in other aspects IndyCar is going backwards, the last couple broadcasts are looking so much like the CC broadcasts.

Donīt like it at all, even when races could be seen in Spike the average joe had the channel.

Unfortunately for us, Jose, things like this will not change until IndyCar's ratings are much higher. Right now, people more people are watch ladie's golf than they are IndyCar races.

nigelred5
1st May 2008, 17:31
What's ESPN classic? ;) I don't seem to have that........ Of course I DID have it as basic cable, until ESPN decised it was the chosen home for wayward racing series and unwanted broadcasts and it was axed.

DBell
2nd May 2008, 03:00

I didn't see the Kansas race, but had to hunt the cable listings to see if I had ESPNC availaible to me. I looked through page after page of listings and found it on channel 746! I didn't even know there were channels in those high numbers. Save to say, I think, that high ratings are not going to come from a channel in the 700's

jarrambide
2nd May 2008, 03:39
Unfortunately for us, Jose, things like this will not change until IndyCar's ratings are much higher. Right now, people more people are watch ladie's golf than they are IndyCar races.

You are describing a vicious cycle, things donīt change because we donīt have higher ratings and we donīt have higher ratings because things donīt change, the serpent is biting its tail.

To stop this vicious cycle one of the 2 has to change, and we know that ratings will not change by the grace of the racing gods, meaning that the powers that be either change the broadcast status quo or change the broadcast status quo.

OWFan19
2nd May 2008, 04:25
You are describing a vicious cycle, things donīt change because we donīt have higher ratings and we donīt have higher ratings because things donīt change, the serpent is biting its tail.

To stop this vicious cycle one of the 2 has to change, and we know that ratings will not change by the grace of the racing gods, meaning that the powers that be either change the broadcast status quo or change the broadcast status quo.

Yep. IMO ESPN will never give anything to a series competing with a series in which they invested so much into. Its like walking into a closed door over and over. At a certain point you either stop walking into the door, or open it. I think its time Indy Car opens some other doors.

tbyars
2nd May 2008, 04:30
What's ESPN classic? ;) I don't seem to have that........ Of course I DID have it as basic cable, until ESPN decised it was the chosen home for wayward racing series and unwanted broadcasts and it was axed.

If you have an expanded digital tier, be sure to explore there. Our ESPN Classic moved from ch. 64, right behind the History Channel, to ch. 246. I never knew I still had it until I was just clicking around one night. Our channel tag lists it as CLSP.

nigelred5
2nd May 2008, 14:39
Oh, it's there.................. for $118.49, that's like $70 premium over the regular digital cable, on top of the internet and phone service. My entire bill isn't that now. It's not worth it for a channel I might watch 1x a month.