PDA

View Full Version : IRL at ISC tracks.

OWFan19
24th April 2008, 21:33
Does the ISC package every Indy Car race with NASCAR tickets? In order to go to the NASCAR race, you have to buy tickets to the Indy Car race?

Jonesi
25th April 2008, 01:46
Does the ISC package every Indy Car race with NASCAR tickets? In order to go to the NASCAR race, you have to buy tickets to the Indy Car race?

I thought it was only SMI that did that, at least when Texas only had one Cup race.

gerkebi
28th April 2008, 00:40
I thought it was the other way around...in order to get tickets to an IRL race you had to buy tickets to the tin top race too.

nanders
28th April 2008, 15:42
In Kansas you buy the seat.

nigelred5
28th April 2008, 16:15
I guess how you look at it depends on what series you are a fan of, but in my inquiries, you don't get one without the other at most of their tracks. If you want NASCAR tickets you had to buy the IRL tix, but If you want IRL tickets, check the newspaper for all the unwanted tix from the nascar fans.

I believe Texas used to be the same way but they backed off of it.

nanders
29th April 2008, 13:26
I guess how you look at it depends on what series you are a fan of, but in my inquiries, you don't get one without the other at most of their tracks. If you want NASCAR tickets you had to buy the IRL tix, but If you want IRL tickets, check the newspaper for all the unwanted tix from the nascar fans.

I believe Texas used to be the same way but they backed off of it.

Stub hub had a boat load of tickets but they were selling.

nigelred5
30th April 2008, 23:04
Stub hub had a boat load of tickets but they were selling.

Aaah yes, the 21st century version of the classifieds! Remember the days when if you wanted a ticket, you called the track? I doubt it is the track posting them up.

Vegasguy
30th April 2008, 23:48
The one advantage to the fan that only wanted IRL tickets is that they were available cheap - http://kansascity.craigslist.org/tix/658261836.html

tstran17_88
1st May 2008, 04:02
Kansas & Chicagoland are the only two that I know of that you have to buy a season ticket for all the races at the facility in order to get the ticket you want. This is for every seat at the track. Certain preferred seats at both tracks also require a 25 or 30 year seat license fee.

Other ISC and SMI tracks have requirements for certain seats, like Bristol has season tickets requirements for both Nationwide and Sprint Cup races in certain sections, but your not required to buy the Craftsman Truck Series ticket. During Speedweeks at Daytona, certain sections require that you purchase all four days leading up to the 500 (Thursday's Gatorade Duels, Friday's CTS, Saturday's Nationwide and the 500 on Sunday).