PDA

View Full Version : Takuma Sato

Alfa Fan
24th April 2008, 17:13
Autosport this week reports that Takuma Sato may end up in the IRL with a Honda funded drive.

DN5
24th April 2008, 17:34
Autosport this week reports that Takuma Sato may end up in the IRL with a Honda funded drive.

I personally find it absolutely shocking that anyone would land a Honda-funded ride in the IRL.

harvick#1
24th April 2008, 17:41
Sato would make it quite exciting on the road courses, although he would be a serious joke on ovals

xtlm
24th April 2008, 18:19
This would be awesome

JSH
24th April 2008, 18:27
Sato would make it quite exciting on the road courses, although he would be a serious joke on ovals

Exciting would be an understatement.... But I'd be surprised if he'd be worse than Ms Dunno.

PSfan
24th April 2008, 20:54
Hmmmm, I wonder if this would be for the rest of this year if Aguri folds this weekend? Would make some sense for him to race in IRL to keep in shape and maybe he will be the one in 09 to swap with Rubens.

drewdawg727
24th April 2008, 21:47
Yah....i definitely see a connection between this and the Barrichello rumor. It has to be.

Jag_Warrior
27th April 2008, 23:27
Yah....i definitely see a connection between this and the Barrichello rumor. It has to be.

Yeah, I see a connection too. :dozey:

evo5_mat
27th April 2008, 23:59
well also said more likely going to ALMS which is more than likely too happen compared to IRL

Placid
28th April 2008, 01:21
And where Tony Davidson will fit in?

millencolin
28th April 2008, 02:03
Exciting would be an understatement.... But I'd be surprised if he'd be worse than Ms Dunno.

I'd be surprised if I was worse than Ms Dunno :p :

Sato is a very exciting driver, a driver the japanese public are just fanatical about (which I got to witness first hand when I went to the Japanese F1gp last year). For the Motegi event to become more successful than its current state, the addition of Sato would be a big help.

Plus, he is one of the best (and worst) overtakers in formula one. That pass on Fernando Alonso last year was up there with the Hakkinen/Schumacher/Zonta pass at Spa a few years back.

Although i would love to see Sato in Indycars, I think he still has something left for F1 first. Its time Honda brought him back.

ChicagocrewIRL
28th April 2008, 02:35
I love Taku. I'm hoping this is true.

I'm a huge fan.

nigelred5
28th April 2008, 18:13
My opinion, Honda swaps Taku for Barichello in 09. Barichello either retires or finds something to do at home or in NA. Once again, Ant is the odd man out.

bblocker68
28th April 2008, 18:44
I wonder when the "Minardi buy out Super Best Friends" rumor starts getting circulated around?

Ooops, I think I just started it.

At least Taku won't have to worry about trying to get around DC anymore.

weeflyonthewall
28th April 2008, 21:34
I wonder when the "Minardi buy out Super Best Friends" rumor starts getting circulated around?

At least Taku won't have to worry about trying to get around DC anymore.

Max Mosley still there? PS will wait. It will get worse before it gets better. Maybe Sato will Pilot one of the Acura ALMS cars.

Jag_Warrior
29th April 2008, 01:56

Check the F1 board. It's been going on for over a week. Ya see, Stoddart and Kevin Kalkhoven are going to buy out Super Aguri and run Cosworth engines. Some people are suggesting that they'll run a modified DP01 chassis with either 2.65 liter turbo V8's or maybe 3.0 liter V10's, but that doesn't seem to be nailed down just yet. They might even run a Vision branded Dallara with a Honda 3.5 V8. We're just not sure yet!

As for drivers, now that Danica has thrown her hat into the F1 ring, they might run her... or Marco... or even Elmer Fudd (he brings Warner Bros. funding, ya know).

F1, ALMS, NASCAR and NHRA, I watch for the racing. For the past couple of years, I've kept up with AOWR purely for the entertainment value. :p

Cart750hp
29th April 2008, 03:15

My Japanese friends even laugh at this guy coz they think he sucks big time.

Bring him on, big deal.

bravefish
29th April 2008, 10:35
Yeh I agree - Sato has had enough chances in decent rides to show that he's nothing flash - another one of those Japanese drivers who will put it into the wall at the first opportunity. Bring back Kosuke Matsuura before going to the well - if theres any truth to it of course...