PDA

View Full Version : Finally a good movie.

A.F.F.
24th April 2008, 15:53
The satisfaction you get after a very good movie... especially after you've seen tons of ****ty movies before that.*sigh*

Pan's Labyrinth. I know, it was released a long time ago but I just watched and boy, it was good. I waited for totally different movie and was surprised in very positive way. For those who have held it in your hands figuring out should you or should you not rent it, it's highly recommend. Two thumbs up :up: :up:

jim mcglinchey
24th April 2008, 16:00
Yeah, watched that about a year ago. Its very good, I loved the mix of fairy-tale and ultra- violence, not too sure about the end though.

A.F.F.
24th April 2008, 16:10
not too sure about the end though.

How did you figure that out by the way? The reason I loved the end so much was that it can be seen so many different ways.

Magnus
24th April 2008, 16:11
OT:where have you been AFF? Lost in finnish cyberspace?

Magnus
24th April 2008, 16:13
Saw the SO-part now ;)

Sleeper
24th April 2008, 17:17
I fantastic movie, Del Torro has quite a flare for this kind of thing.

maxu05
24th April 2008, 23:12
Watched this movie a couple of months ago, it was quite good. I liked "The Chronicles Of Narnia- The Lion,The Witch and The Wardrobe" better, then I started watching the next one, "Prince Caspian" and it is pathetic.

A.F.F.
25th April 2008, 00:24
then I started watching the next one, "Prince Caspian" and it is pathetic.

What you watched, the trailers?

It's interesting since the movie is still in post production with realease date may 16th.

slinkster
28th April 2008, 13:02
Pans Labyrinth is beautifully done. It's nice to see that there are directors out there interested in actually telling stories and creating great cinematography. :)

I've tried to find his other films but our local rental don't seem to be interested in stocking them.

Sleeper
28th April 2008, 14:57
Pans Labyrinth is beautifully done. It's nice to see that there are directors out there interested in actually telling stories and creating great cinematography. :)

I've tried to find his other films but our local rental don't seem to be interested in stocking them.
Try for the Del Torro box set with Cronos and The Devils Backbone in with Pans Laberinth, another two good films there. Alternatively, you could just watch the first two Blade films and Hell Boy (also his).

A.F.F.
28th April 2008, 18:08
I have to say I'm not sorry at all that Del Toro will direct The Hobbit :)

gadjo_dilo
7th May 2008, 07:55
Saw it last night and I was impressed although I used a HBO decode device and the image was disturbed.

If you liked it you should see another excellent movie produced by del Toro and directed by Juan Antonio Bayona: El Orfanato/The Orphanage who is in the same key. The reality is again mixed with fantasy and even the ending is similar, the heroine will continue to live but in a paralel world.

maxu05
7th May 2008, 13:02
I just watched "The Waterhorse" yesterday. Though it's more aimed at kids, I thought it was really good.