PDA

View Full Version : New Gravel Test for Didier Auriol pre-Portugal

CricketsFilm
24th April 2008, 12:37
Inserted OnLine the Video OnBoards of Test Pre-Portogallo od Didier Auriol with Abarth Punto S2000 - Grifone,
on:
http://www.cricketsfilm.tv "CricketsFilm TV Channel" or "Grifone Channel TV"

wwbroe
24th April 2008, 14:33
Inserted OnLine the Video OnBoards of Test Pre-Portogallo od Didier Auriol with Abarth Punto S2000 - Grifone,
on:
http://www.cricketsfilm.tv "CricketsFilm TV Channel" or "Grifone Channel TV"

Probably it is me, but where do i find this video? :D

CEORacingLions
24th April 2008, 15:12
Probably it is me, but where do i find this video? :D

http://www.cricketsfilm.com/cftv.htm

CricketsFilm
24th April 2008, 15:30
http://www.cricketsfilm.com/cftv.htm

or on "Grifone Channel TV"

Sulland
24th April 2008, 18:45
Can anyone please translate the interviews, with Auriol and the Italian (From Grifone ?)

Would be interessting to know what they have to say !

HaCo
24th April 2008, 18:58
What Auriol said (more or less): He was very supprised by the performance of the car, it's hard to drive and you need to stay high in the revs and it's completely different from a WRC. But, he is having a lot of fun behind the wheel. He is very realistic about Portugal, he is getting to know the car, he has no competition ritm, he is getting older he says (50 years this year) and there are some young fast drivers in IRC who can handle S2000 cars very well (experienced in it), but nevertheless he will do it very professional with his co-driver denis (giraudet) and they want to have big fun.

This is more or less what he said, not an exact translation, just a resume.

What about the corolla, will it be driven by Grifone this year or are they waiting for the new model to be homologated?

CricketsFilm
24th April 2008, 19:15
What Auriol said (more or less): He was very supprised by the performance of the car, it's hard to drive and you need to stay high in the revs and it's completely different from a WRC. But, he is having a lot of fun behind the wheel. He is very realistic about Portugal, he is getting to know the car, he has no competition ritm, he is getting older he says (50 years this year) and there are some young fast drivers in IRC who can handle S2000 cars very well (experienced in it), but nevertheless he will do it very professional with his co-driver denis (giraudet) and they want to have big fun.

This is more or less what he said, not an exact translation, just a resume.

What about the corolla, will it be driven by Grifone this year or are they waiting for the new model to be homologated?

Thanks HaCo ;)

Sulland
24th April 2008, 19:19
Thanks for that HaCo !!

Will be exiting to see his speed compared to the others, once he gets the steering-rust off, and the clock is ticking...

Any italian here that can help take the essence out of the other interview ?

CricketsFilm
24th April 2008, 19:37
This is not an exact translation.... because my english is very bad....

"We are ending the tests for the first race by Didier Auriol in IRC, all ok and Didier is happy. Is simple to work with Didier, for first because with Didier is born a friendship in last years and for second, Didier is very professional driver, he know what does want, and if all drivers were like him, for us it would be a pleasure to work..."

Sulland
24th April 2008, 23:56
uuuuu, how can we interpret that one ?

Anyone in particular he can be referring to ? :arrows:

jparker
25th April 2008, 02:12
This is not an exact translation.... because my english is very bad....

"We are ending the tests for the first race by Didier Auriol in IRC, all ok and Didier is happy. Is simple to work with Didier, for first because with Didier is born a friendship in last years and for second, Didier is very professional driver, he know what does want, and if all drivers were like him, for us it would be a pleasure to work..."

CricketFilm, Is Tabaton manager of Grifone? It must have been at least 15 years since I saw him driving that black/gold Lancia. Haven't heard anything about him since then.
What are Grifone currently doing, running any rally program or just prepare/rent cars?

urabus-denoS2000
27th April 2008, 21:27
CricketFilm, Is Tabaton manager of Grifone? It must have been at least 15 years since I saw him driving that black/gold Lancia. Haven't heard anything about him since then.
What are Grifone currently doing, running any rally program or just prepare/rent cars?
Tabaton is the manager of Grifone.
They are currently running 3 Puntos S2000 and they are in charge of the Corolla S2000 programme in Europe (not going very good)

bennizw
28th April 2008, 16:30
Does anyone know why Auriol doesn't use left foot braking? Surely this must slow him down on gravel?

CricketsFilm
28th April 2008, 19:06

Rally program 2008 for Grifone are:
- Italian Rally Championship with Navarra and Travaglia (Abarth Punto S2000 -officials program);
- IRC with Didier Auriol (for now 4 races)
- ERC with Corrado Fontana
- Italian "IRC" with Peugeot 206 Wrc and Corolla Wrc...
- and other....

jparker
29th April 2008, 07:11
Tabaton is the manager of Grifone.
They are currently running 3 Puntos S2000 and they are in charge of the Corolla S2000 programme in Europe (not going very good)

Rally program 2008 for Grifone are:
- Italian Rally Championship with Navarra and Travaglia (Abarth Punto S2000 -officials program);
- IRC with Didier Auriol (for now 4 races)
- ERC with Corrado Fontana
- Italian "IRC" with Peugeot 206 Wrc and Corolla Wrc...
- and other....

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Does anyone know why Navarra is not doing IRC this year?

RS
29th April 2008, 16:23
Thanks guys, much appreciated. Does anyone know why Navarra is not doing IRC this year?

Because he was not quick enough last year!