PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Jane Wells in Motorsport News.

pickup
23rd April 2008, 11:08
I see there is a full page interview with Kelly and a nice report on Pickups in MN today giving a few insights into oval racing.
Also a short interview with John Mickel in with the results round up from Sundays Rockingham.
Nice to see oval racing getting some exposure in a National publication.

JovialJooles
23rd April 2008, 12:31
Nice to see Kelly Jane getting some exposure in the press. Hopefully, this will aid her sponsor search. :)

racing59
23rd April 2008, 17:08
That smells like a "SHP bought a page of MN" sort of report. Normally, you wouldn't get that kind of a report without paying for it.

Nice to see the profile raised though, even if Sonny did end up paying for it.

JovialJooles
23rd April 2008, 17:35
So isn't Sonny supposed to buy a page? I don't see the problem. :confused:

kjb
23rd April 2008, 18:23
er no! in fact why not buy the whole mag, that would give good coverage!!!!
why doesnt the MN give good coverage in the first place, hey makes me wonder if "pickup" is sonny too?

pickup
23rd April 2008, 18:55
er no! in fact why not buy the whole mag, that would give good coverage!!!!
why doesnt the MN give good coverage in the first place, hey makes me wonder if "pickup" is sonny too?

Yeah right it ends up being i'm Sonny in disguise.
Just because i post on an article with reference to pickups in MN you think i'm associated with SHP, some peoples minds work in mysterious ways.
MN does cover pickup truck racing there is a report after every round and as i posted earlier attached to this one is an interview with John Mickel.
What would you class as good coverage? i don't think even pickups as good as they are could command a double page spread after every meeting, i'm grateful for any exposure a major motorsport publication is willing to print covering oval racing.

gavinseager154
23rd April 2008, 19:53
i would guess one page was payed for but thats advertising for ya.

JovialJooles
23rd April 2008, 22:03
I can't help but think there are some sour grapes being shown here.

As far as I am concerned, if Sonny wants to pay for some exposure, then good for him. It's called marketing, it's also called protecting your asset.

I'm not sure where you are coming from KJB. :eek:

Tiesse
24th April 2008, 06:16
Nice to see Kelly Jane getting some exposure in the press. Hopefully, this will aid her sponsor search. :)

I for one would like to see her get more exposure in the press!!!

truckmonster
24th April 2008, 14:57
That smells like a "SHP bought a page of MN" sort of report. Normally, you wouldn't get that kind of a report without paying for it.

Nice to see the profile raised though, even if Sonny did end up paying for it.

I heard that an article was going to be done with Kelly Jayne,and MN had approached her for it,SHP didnt pay for it,it had nothing to do with Sonny.
It fits in well this weekend with the Danica patrick win in Japan so i think that is why it is in this publication.It is obvious to me that Racing 59 has a problem, probably Jealousy,with Sonny /SHP and he should not be slating people and Pick up truck racing without knowing the true facts...............!

Tractorboy.
24th April 2008, 18:07
I take it truckmonster's Sonny then KJB???!!!! Racing 59 hit a nerve there??

fastbob
24th April 2008, 18:38
if he is ..... you'll be getting more points!!!!!!

racing59
24th April 2008, 20:37
I don't have a problem with Pickups what so ever, and if you read my previous posts, I see them as a major part of a package that could be very successful, more so than it is now.

However, what I did forget, is that Sonny has done a deal with MN, a sort of co-sponsorship sort of you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours, and that takes business nous. In some ways, yes, SHP have paid for that page, but since you see MN as a sponsor of the series it all makes perfect sense.

I'm not going to apologise for people thinking that I have some sort of anti-pickup feeling, because I don't.

Put a V8 in one, and I'll race it!

In fact put a V6 in it and I'll consider it.

If only Rockingham, the BRSCC, the BARC, or similar did something like that, but in more mainstream publications where Mr Josef Public reads, then I'd be really impressed as it would give the venue the publicity it deserves.

So, in short, YES the article does have something to do with SHP/PuT Racing.
Was there anything wrong with it, NO, very much NO. If it helps Kelly get back out racing, then brilliant, and I mean that sincerely.

Rob.

truckmonster
24th April 2008, 21:13
I take it truckmonster's Sonny then KJB???!!!! Racing 59 hit a nerve there??

I aint Sonny, just someone who believes in what he does for our sport.If some thing positive is in the press we dont need,negative comments from others who obviously have a problem with it,maybe racing 59 should "pay" for some media coverage for the V8s.

Gasman#99
24th April 2008, 21:27
maybe racing 59 should "pay" for some media coverage for the V8s.
Why is he running the series, and at rockingham, i dont think so

A race fan
24th April 2008, 21:34
I aint Sonny, just someone who believes in what he does for our sport.If some thing positive is in the press we dont need,negative comments from others who obviously have a problem with it,maybe racing 59 should "pay" for some media coverage for the V8s.

Hi truckmonster i think that other people should get the interveiw who is running the full season if not it seems to be kjw who gets the chances what about john stant a good lad who also deserves a chance too doesnt he

Stuart26
24th April 2008, 21:40
Sorry Kelly Jane gets my vote

truckmonster
24th April 2008, 21:44
Any news for pick ups is good news we dont want to go down the path of the SCSA,s some people dont even know Rockingham exists so artice in MN is good, if its Kelly Jayne or Whoever!!!!!!

A race fan
24th April 2008, 21:45
Any news for pick ups is good news we dont want to go down the path of the SCSA,s some people dont even know Rockingham exists so artice in MN is good, if its Kelly Jayne or Whoever!!!!!!

i agree just my apinion lol

pickup
24th April 2008, 23:12
Hi truckmonster i think that other people should get the interveiw who is running the full season if not it seems to be kjw who gets the chances what about john stant a good lad who also deserves a chance too doesnt he

If other people who are running the full season should get the interview why would it be John Stant (nice man that he is), he's not racing at all this year.
Surely it makes sense to use somebody who has a high profile hence KJW, everybody in truck racing deserves the same praise but they don't all look as good (sorry fellas) or attract as much attention as Kelly, any lady racer in any formula makes for good PR.
Why is it that as soon as something positive about pickuptruck racing appears in a motorsport publication certain people who all appear to be associated with v8's start having a dig about who paid for it or who Sonny might be disguised as or just deriding truck racing in general, if it had been an article on the V8/VSR series i would have been more than happy for you.
I only started the post as i thought it might be of interest to people who don't read MN i didn't realise it would cause controversy i thought now the forum was called VSR V8 Trophy and Pickup Trucks it would be looked on as a positive step in gaining coverage for Rockingham/oval racing which can only be a good thing keeping the oval in the spotlight especially for the hopeful future return of the V8's, hmmmm maybe i shouldn't have bothered!

truckmonster
28th April 2008, 19:50
Well said Pick Up Thank you!

racing59
28th April 2008, 23:13
All I said was that piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah! :confused:

Even Gav agrees with me that it's good advertising.

Note..... agrees with me that it's GOOD advertising.

Some people on here think that we (V8 types) are out to get the PuT boys, just like they're out to get us. Well, that's total round bits, on both counts. There are some people who are not involved directly with either series that seem to have chips on their shoulders, and they should not be allowed to detract from the issues at hand.

Right, I'm off to buy some new tin foil for to make a new hat & suit. :eek:

Oh yes, Mr Truck Monster.
Kyle Busch.... yes!! Where the hell did he come from! That's 'Dega for ya! What a race!

Abo
29th April 2008, 20:00
Work of genius fellas, I was going to watch the NASCAR tonight :(

truckmonster
29th April 2008, 20:03
Kyle Busch ,Talladega, at least we agree on something!!!!! :beer:

The Pits!
29th April 2008, 20:49
watch the NASCAR tonight :(
What's that then? Proper OVAL Racing? :)

racing59
29th April 2008, 21:47
Work of genius fellas, I was going to watch the NASCAR tonight :(

Ahh, but the race to get to that finish is well worth the watch! Indeedeeee!
Put it this way, I'd recorded the F1 in the afternoon, and after watching 'Dega, I decided to go to bed after watching the first 10 laps of boredom, and deleted it from the Sky+ box. Ferrari 1-2, whoopy do.

And Mr Truckmonster, we agree on most things. Just that some people misconstrued what I said, ending up with the wrong question to the answer.

JovialJooles
30th April 2008, 10:32
Just a thought...

If people don't want to know the result of a race, it might be an idea to avoid motorsport related sites until you have watched it.

Don't rely on other people to keep the result quiet on your behalf. ;)

Abo
30th April 2008, 12:28
Just a thought...

If people don't want to know the result of a race, it might be an idea to avoid motorsport related sites until you have watched it.

Don't rely on other people to keep the result quiet on your behalf. ;)

:p

Abo
30th April 2008, 12:30
[quote="racing59"]Ahh, but the race to get to that finish is well worth the watch! Indeedeeee!
[quote]

Bah, I didn't get round to watching it last night anyway!
No worries, Dega's always worth a watch.

jeffmr2
30th April 2008, 19:39
I couldnt even manage to watch 10 laps of the F1 race.
The talladega race really was something special with a most fitting race winner in nascar's most exciting driver.

Reynard
30th April 2008, 21:16
Even the highlights of the Grand Prix were trying... *sigh*

Didn't watch the race live, was out at an animal welfare fundraising event in Ely Cathedral.