PDA

View Full Version : Weather forecast Spain: Rain on Saturday and Sunday

Tazio
23rd April 2008, 10:24
http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2008/04/23/weather-forecast-spain-rain-on-saturday-and-sunday/

The Spanish Grand Prix could become the first wet race in the 2008 Formula 1 season. Forecasts in Spain predict rain on Saturday and Sunday while it should remain dry all day on Friday.

Formula 1 teams are used to brilliant weather in Spain, but this year's Spanish Grand Prix will not be as sunny as usual. Temperatures are expected to stay as low as 19 degrees Celsius on Friday and even a bit lower on Saturday and Sunday

Big Ben
23rd April 2008, 10:27
was there any gp this year without rain predictions?

Ranger
23rd April 2008, 10:36
was there any gp this year without rain predictions?

There was no rain prediction for Melbourne for the Saturday and the Sunday (it was predicted to be >35 degrees celcius and it was).

Bahrain didn't have any rain predictions for the entire GP.

Malaysia rained heavily across the whole GP weekend, none of which affected any F1 sessions.
---

Rain would be especially good at Catalunya because all the teams have tested their way into perfect setups and subsequently they've tested themselves out of interesting dry racing there. But as always, no weather predictions matter until it actually precipitates.

samuratt
23rd April 2008, 10:59
Sorry to disspaoint you but the weather forecast for Barcelona is good.
Around 21º
and barely 5% chance of rain.

http://www.aemet.es/es/eltiempo/prediccion/localidades?l=08001

ShiftingGears
23rd April 2008, 11:01
Cloudy according to autosport. And I saw a glimpse of a report saying that Spain was in a draught. Which is unfortunate.

MAX_THRUST
23rd April 2008, 12:59
Well I know its raining in Wales at the weekend cause it always does, it'll be rainging in England cause it always does, It'll be raingin in Scotland, cause it always does......

The Northern Territories are looking hot and dry for the weekend, appart from that, I don't think we can ever rely on the weather anywhere after last year.

Shame I love good wet race..........can't be it when it's damp.....oh baby!!!!!

23rd April 2008, 18:00
And I saw a glimpse of a report saying that Spain was in a draught.

They should shut the door, then.

I mean, a drought would be a problem, but a small flow of air in a corridor shouldn't be a national disaster.

fugariracing
24th April 2008, 01:28
I would hope there is rain, as like Hungary '06 it is the only variable that could make racing at the track even remotely interesting. And we all remember what a barn burner of a Grand Prix that was... probably more overtaking then there has been as all the previous Spanish snoozing siestas in Barcelona combined!

Tazio
24th April 2008, 02:49
http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2008/04/23/weather-forecast-spain-rain-on-saturday-and-sunday/

The Spanish Grand Prix could become the first wet race in the 2008 Formula 1 season. Forecasts in Spain predict rain on Saturday and Sunday while it should remain dry all day on Friday.

Formula 1 teams are used to brilliant weather in Spain, but this year's Spanish Grand Prix will not be as sunny as usual. Temperatures are expected to stay as low as 19 degrees Celsius on Friday and even a bit lower on Saturday and Sunday
I should of checked a weather service before I posted that link/thread!
http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/SPXX0015.html

leopard
24th April 2008, 06:19
I think we need rain, wet race at least one or two in a season. If not GP Spain it should happens elsewhere thereafter.

Weather seems to be uneasily predictable, as the result of global warming probably :)

Donney
24th April 2008, 08:17
We would all love the rain for different reasons and in Barcelona they'd love it especially since they are facing a very bad summer with water restrictions due to a very long drought, it is true that it has raines recently but not as much as needed.

For the common good, race fans included, I hope it rains a lot.

ShiftingGears
24th April 2008, 09:54
I mean, a drought would be a problem, but a small flow of air in a corridor shouldn't be a national disaster.

Sensationalist media, you see :p :