PDA

View Full Version : Timed races (not another complaining thread)

SarahFan
22nd April 2008, 20:34
I friggin hate when 3/4 of the way thru the announcers announce a timed race....

St pete for example...duh

perhaps someone at the espn/abc/irl was reading the forums a couple of weeks ago when i was complaining about it..

sure was nice to see the 1:45 min clock at the start of long beach....then folks could follow actual fuel/pit strategy

nice job folks!

!!WALDO!!
22nd April 2008, 20:46
Actually in the case of races scheduled for a distance, a race cannot go timed until the half way point plus one lap. This makes the race official. Even NASCAR has had to put a time limit due to running out of daylight. At Pocono once they announced that there was a half an hour of racing to go.

If the race is scheduled by the clock then it is 100% timed. F-1 is distance first, time second. Only the Champ Car World Series continues with the long tradition of only timed races.
(NO REFERENCE, IMPLIED or ACTUAL TO ANY POSTER, LIVING, DEAD or NOT YET BORN.)

SarahFan
22nd April 2008, 20:51
I know....but it was crystal clear St Pete was going to be a timed race...

then put up the friggin time

!!WALDO!!
22nd April 2008, 21:00
I know....but it was crystal clear St Pete was going to be a timed race...

then put up the friggin time

When was it crystal clear? It has to go half way plus one for it to go to a timed race.

SarahFan
22nd April 2008, 23:22
You should probably tell the announcers ...... Because as soon the st pete race went yellow at the start they said it was going to be a timed event

jarrambide
22nd April 2008, 23:34
You should probably tell the announcers ...... Because as soon the st pete race went yellow at the start they said it was going to be a timed event

and are you really a ***** or do you just play one on the Internet
Ken, play nice(even tough I understand your response), although that word is not part of the censor system we can all guess the word you wanted to use, having said that, this is a reminder to everyone, specially Waldo, we donīt like members being arrogant and trying to bully other members, do it and you will win a cool down period, and Mr Waldo, you are just coming back from a cool down period, so try to play nice with the other members.

nigelred5
23rd April 2008, 01:24
Ken is right though, the announcers were repeatedly telling us that St Pete was going to be timed before they ever went green. They should get their stuff straight.

P.S. Can we use Frackin? They use it about every ten seconds on BSG.
(Just yankin your chain jarrambide ;)

garyshell
23rd April 2008, 04:38
...and Mr Waldo, you are just coming back from a cool down period, so try to play nice with the other members.

But Jose, Uncle Waldo makes NO REFERENCE, IMPLIED or ACTUAL TO ANY POSTER, LIVING, DEAD or NOT YET BORN. So how could he POSSIBLY run afoul of the rules here? :D

Gary

bblocker68
23rd April 2008, 15:44
Waldopedia strikes again.............

dataman1
23rd April 2008, 16:55
How about a compromise. Run a lap count up indicator until the half way + 1 lap then start the count down clock dictated by the TV contract. This way we know the race can be considered official once the clock is displayed yet add to the show for the audience so they know how long a drive has to say catch up and pass or will he/she have to pit, etc..

nanders
23rd April 2008, 17:21
I friggin hate

Ken I didn't know you were a hater .... It's amazing you have been an open wheel fan as long as you have and timed races are just now starting to register with you.

You missed the substantial threads on this 3 years ago.

!!WALDO!!
23rd April 2008, 18:17
Ken is right though, the announcers were repeatedly telling us that St Pete was going to be timed before they ever went green. They should get their stuff straight.

P.S. Can we use Frackin? They use it about every ten seconds on BSG.
(Just yankin your chain jarrambide ;)

I watched the race again last night. They never said that, they said that TIME could play into this race. At one time just around half way they had plenty of time to go the full distance but one more caution put it in the dumper.

Amazingly I get insulted for stating the facts and I get warned.

bblocker68
23rd April 2008, 18:29
One day you will realize it is not what you say, but the way you say it.

!!WALDO!!
23rd April 2008, 18:35

When was it crystal clear? It has to go half way plus one for it to go to a timed race.

Please point out HOW I SAID IT?

SarahFan
23rd April 2008, 18:45

No he/she won't

!!WALDO!!
23rd April 2008, 19:00
No he/she won't

Please point out HOW I SAID IT?

You used bad language for a question. Yet it is me that get slapped. Amazing that adults are so thin skinned that inflection in language can be determined when none was introduced.

I guess here if you do not like the answer, poster or what they may be saying then attack them. I DON'T PLAY THAT WAY AND HAVEN'T!

I guess you go on my ignore list like others.

SarahFan
23rd April 2008, 19:17
like I said.... No he/she won't