PDA

View Full Version : Shedden looking strong so far

AndySpeed
21st April 2008, 18:59
What do you think? Flash has had a very impressive start to the year, especially when you compare it to '07.

He deserves to be where he is, and with Donington up next I feel we are going see him continue to shine, and ultimately I would put money on him being in the championship battle right until the end.

Have a read :)

http://www.btccaction.co.uk/2008/04/21/shedden-looking-strong-for-title/

VkmSpouge
21st April 2008, 19:52
Of course last year his car had only been completed a few days before the first race at Brands Hatch. Shedden could certainly make a title push this year.

BDunnell
21st April 2008, 20:17
He's a definite championship contender.

Brown, Jon Brow
21st April 2008, 20:38
The Civic looks like it's strong on all tracks so if he can stay consistent he has a good chance of being in it to the end

thompp
22nd April 2008, 09:37
Wonder if Steve Neal will disown Matt and adopt Gordon as his own son..?

CroftPilgrim
22nd April 2008, 12:51
Although Gordon is probably stronger this year than last, I actually think it is harder for him to win it this year. In fact, I think it's harder for everybody. It is just so competitive at the front. Everyone has been talking about a two-way battle between Giovanardi and Jackson but I think it's all a bit premature. Five winners in six races says it all

Eurotech
22nd April 2008, 19:43
This year will be tough but when will we see the likes of Team Eurotech and Motorbase battling for the wins because then it will really be great!!!!!!

SEATFreak
28th April 2008, 13:22
Although Gordon is probably stronger this year than last, I actually think it is harder for him to win it this year. In fact, I think it's harder for everybody. It is just so competitive at the front. Everyone has been talking about a two-way battle between Giovanardi and Jackson but I think it's all a bit premature. Five winners in six races says it all

It is much harder in terms of the competition but I don't know if it is harder for Flash in terms of giving himself the kind of start.

We have the same first two meetings this season as we had last season (Brands Hatch and Rockingham) and despite having two DNF's in race 2 & 3 at Brands Hatch last year he is doing in terms of points better by miles. Only 3 collected last year at Brands compared to the 17pts this season and at Rockingham he only collected 13 over the 3 races last year compared to the 33pts collected at The Rock this year.

Sadly I cannot seem to access the qualification times on tsl-timing.com for Brands Hatch and Rockingham for last year but this year Flash qualified for race 1 at Brands Hatch 7th with a time of 49.571 and qualified for race 1 at The Rock on pole with a time of 1:24.327. Does anyone have the times for the first race at Brands and The Rock for last year and can anyone tell me if he has done better this year than last?

Brown, Jon Brow
28th April 2008, 13:39
Sadly I cannot seem to access the qualification times on tsl-timing.com for Brands Hatch and Rockingham for last year but this year Flash qualified for race 1 at Brands Hatch 7th with a time of 49.571 and qualified for race 1 at The Rock on pole with a time of 1:24.327. Does anyone have the times for the first race at Brands and The Rock for last year and can anyone tell me if he has done better this year than last?

Brands - 50.338 (14th)
http://www.btccpages.com/rounds/2007/1_2_3/qual.php

Rockingham - 1.25.459 (8th)
http://www.btccpages.com/rounds/2007/4_5_6/qual.php

SEATFreak
28th April 2008, 15:27
Brands - 50.338 (14th)
http://www.btccpages.com/rounds/2007/1_2_3/qual.php

Rockingham - 1.25.459 (8th)
http://www.btccpages.com/rounds/2007/4_5_6/qual.php

So, again he has improved in something this season to this time last season.

Points, qualification and of course the speed. The 1:24 of the qualification for The Rock's first race seems much faster than the 1:25 of last year.

I did do about time in terms of it having hundreds and thousands of a second whilst on a course I am doing but I didn't do about how you judge how to compare two sets of times.

How much faster is 1:24.327 compared to 1:25.489 and how do you calculate the answer to that question?

It is just I would love to know much pace the Civic seems to have on last years and whether or not it is as fast as people would reckon.

AndySpeed
28th April 2008, 16:59
How much faster is 1:24.327 compared to 1:25.489 and how do you calculate the answer to that question?

It is just I would love to know much pace the Civic seems to have on last years and whether or not it is as fast as people would reckon.

You're really asking that question!?!

1.162 Seconds. :\

Brown, Jon Brow
28th April 2008, 21:23
So, again he has improved in something this season to this time last season.

Points, qualification and of course the speed. The 1:24 of the qualification for The Rock's first race seems much faster than the 1:25 of last year.

I did do about time in terms of it having hundreds and thousands of a second whilst on a course I am doing but I didn't do about how you judge how to compare two sets of times.

It's difficult to read much into lap times from one season to the next because the track conditions change (eg temperature) as do controlled factors such as the tyres.

SEATFreak
29th April 2008, 08:34
You're really asking that question!?!

1.162 Seconds. :\

Yes. So, what's your problem now with me!!

Where did you go to learn this attitude? The Robert Mugabe Technical College?!

Because your intollerance and non existence of any patience is, being overly kind, sickening. I hope if you do have brats they don't ever come to you to help solve a problem. You cannot even handle with any patience one person; how would you handle 20 or more? So a friendly word of advice. Don't ever think about becoming a maths teacher...ever.

My question wasn't a request to explain the birds and the bees. It was just a simple question from someone who has a " slight problem" you might say with numbers and maths to explain time when in the context of having hundreds and thousands of seconds.

With your answer clear as mud I take it from that answer that you attempted to imply with great failure 1 minute and 62 seconds is the difference between 1:24.327 and 1:25.489?

Jimbob!
29th April 2008, 11:12
Yes. So, what's your problem now with me!!

Where did you go to learn this attitude? The Robert Mugabe Technical College?!

Because your intollerance and non existence of any patience is, being overly kind, sickening. I hope if you do have brats they don't ever come to you to help solve a problem. You cannot even handle with any patience one person; how would you handle 20 or more? So a friendly word of advice. Don't ever think about becoming a maths teacher...ever.

My question wasn't a request to explain the birds and the bees. It was just a simple question from someone who has a " slight problem" you might say with numbers and maths to explain time when in the context of having hundreds and thousands of seconds.

With your answer clear as mud I take it from that answer that you attempted to imply with great failure 1 minute and 62 seconds is the difference between 1:24.327 and 1:25.489?

I don't post on here very often, but I simply have to at this. You need to chill out, stop playing the victim and stop having a rant at the slightest provocation. He in no way implied that was the time difference, it's ludicrously obvious that the difference is around a second, just look at it written down! Please, for my sanity and I'm sure the sanity of other more frequent posters, try and just post nice, coherent, useful posts without going off on one all the time. We all know you have certain problems, you tell us time and time again, we only need to be told once! Patience is running thin.

/ninja edit: Oh and I wouldn't discount Shedden from the title race at all, he's looking like he's going to be up there all year. As long as he can maintain some consistency he'll definitely be in with a shout.

Dave B
29th April 2008, 12:36
It's difficult to read much into lap times from one season to the next because the track conditions change (eg temperature) as do controlled factors such as the tyres.
:up:

A more useful barometer of a driver's form is their performance relative to others, especially their team mate who (in theory) has an identical car.