PDA

View Full Version : Did someone on this board write this yahoo article....(about danica)...?hmmm??

xtlm
21st April 2008, 09:59
http://sports.yahoo.com/irl/news;_ylt=AvD7.KxOQxV__tbJgQ2CdKXRv7YF?slug=bm-patrick042008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

DrDomm
21st April 2008, 16:18
I fell asleep not too far into this race, but I think it's apparent that it was a fuel strategy win. And as the author points out, a win is a win, and many of the greats in the sport (of racing in general) have won the same way.

Yes, she'll still need to show that she can be the fastest driver on any given weekend. I don't think it'll happen, but who cares? She's good. I don't think she's great. There are many other drivers who fall into the same category.

weeflyonthewall
21st April 2008, 16:26
Agreed DD.

OWFan19
21st April 2008, 16:29
What was said that wasnt accurate? She didnt do anything spectacular other than not run out of fuel and keep it off the wall. Furthermore, I am suprised that more arent discussing Helio's comments.

xtlm
21st April 2008, 17:49
"What was said that wasnt accurate?"

my point

especially when the other columnist wrote this article

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news;_ylt=AhMsP7B.lN3XoxKltaq0XmLRv7YF?slug=dw-patrick042008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

and what were helios comments?

harvick#1
21st April 2008, 18:13
from article:

"To her credit, Patrick remains a model for young women everywhere. It may be a model of how persistence, a pretty face and the willingness to take the heat can pay off in the end."

:mark: what??? :confused: I missed something here.

BobGarage
21st April 2008, 18:38

"I was told to let her pass me"

xtlm
21st April 2008, 18:40
yeah, but he went on to say in that interview that it was because of a fuel issue

garyshell
21st April 2008, 19:18

"I was told to let her pass me"

yeah, but he went on to say in that interview that it was because of a fuel issue

Isn't it just amazing what a little editing can do to a quote?

Gary

gofastandwynn
21st April 2008, 20:55
From Robin Miller's Speedtv.com Notebook

Helio Castroneves was in the pits at Long Beach and claims his team told him to let Danica go by because they didn’t know she was on the lead lap. Yeah, sure. That’s not what the radio chatter said. According to ESPN’s Jack Arute, who flew back to help cover Long Beach, the Team Penske boys were yelling at the current IRL point leader to back off or he wasn’t going to make it to the end. Hence, his laps went from 191 to 179 mph in the final laps.

flagman
21st April 2008, 22:40
The only complaint I have with this article is this bum wrote this 1 WEEK earlier. My favorite part........

Are you a fan who likes fuel mileage races? I think it separates the men from the boys and shows which team can best make use of their resources. Whenever there’s a race finale that has unlimited fuel and tires and everyone can run full out, it usually involves just a couple of cars. On Saturday night, with a dozen laps remaining, it was nearly impossible to determine who might win. I like that kind of racing. How about you

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=bm-phoenixobservations041308&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

millencolin
22nd April 2008, 11:42
I've got one issue with this article.

'"To her credit, Patrick remains a model for young women everywhere. It may be a model of how persistence, a pretty face and the willingness to take the heat can pay off in the end."

Since when is having a pretty face essencial for success. Yeah, she's a great role model, for girls who are good looking. If you have been beaten with an ugly stick, then girl you have no future.

Forgive me for being the PC Police

DBell
22nd April 2008, 12:41
I remember when Phil Mickelson won the Masters and finally won his first major, among the congratulations and all was a rumbling that he wouldn't win another major. He shut that up by quickly winning another major. I feel Danica is in a similar situation. If she can back this win up with another this year, a lot of the rumbling will go away.

downtowndeco
22nd April 2008, 14:35
She's running third in the points out of 26 drivers. It was no fluke. Those who want to paint it as such are sore losers.

DrDomm
23rd April 2008, 01:14
She's running third in the points out of 26 drivers. It was no fluke. Those who want to paint it as such are sore losers.

She was about to get lapped by a "transition driver" at St. Pete until a yellow came out. She's on one of the top 3 teams, so she should be near the top of the standings. Her win was a win...nothing more than that. She's not one of the best drivers in the series. And she's not one of the worst. That's ok.