PDA

View Full Version : Daijiro Kato - five years on

patnicholls
21st April 2008, 00:00
Today (April 20th) marks five years since the death of Daijiro Kato following the accident at Suzuka.

A great champion, much missed who never got a chance to realise his full potential in MotoGP. He did of course win the 250 title - in dominant fashion - in 2001, and won the Suzuka 8 Hours twice.

Also a reminder to us all about the risks all the guys we watch put themselves through.

tha_jackal
21st April 2008, 09:37
Here here! RIP Dajiro.. One of the best racers ive ever seen aboard a motorcycle..

NinjaMaster
21st April 2008, 10:18
Wow, seems like an age ago since that tragic day. The world lost an amazing talent that day but more importantly, a son, husband and father was lost. RIP Daijiro.

MrJan
21st April 2008, 13:29
The year that Daijiro died was my first watching MotoGP so I never really got to see him. I can't really think of any thing else to say apart from it's a shame that I never saw how well he could ride :(

ChrisS
21st April 2008, 15:19
RIP He was a great talent that could go all the way.

what a strange day that was. Kato crashing in the most unlikely place and then the marshals just getting him out of the way without redflaging the race...

maxu05
21st April 2008, 15:21
Daijiro had the potential to be as big as Rossi IMO. He was one of my favourite racers, and I will always mention his name with the utmost respect. Five years on, and still a legend. RIP Kato San.

jonny hurlock
24th April 2008, 00:11
Daijiro had the potential to be as big as Rossi IMO. He was one of my favourite racers, and I will always mention his name with the utmost respect. Five years on, and still a legend. RIP Kato San.

agree about the potential of Daijiro Kato, he could have been world champion, may have been (rossi vs kato, not rossi vs sete so forth) Honda no1 driver for a few years, if he was still around, kato this a legend imo, Kato Forever.

jonny hurlock
24th April 2008, 00:15
found something on youtube

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oOO8ZvtiaC0

enjoy