PDA

View Full Version : Creation with AIM from 2008

1LM1
6th December 2006, 11:15
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/55911
Judd is involved in the project.
It's a good news and the goal very (too ?) ambitious: win Le Mans at the first attempt in 2008 !
How serious is AIM and how much money can they spend ?

harvick#1
6th December 2006, 13:58
they won't win Lemans in their first attempt.

Audi will dominate with their R10 for awhile until the rules keep changing to make it more fair

Sleeper
6th December 2006, 16:05
Does this mean Creation wont be racing next year?

1LM1
6th December 2006, 18:40
To harvick#1: My guess is the same. They won't win in 2008 (but let's be cautious though before ruling that out because Creation and Judd has got a huge experience and with more money...).
As for the rules I think they are fair now. Don't forget that Audi would probably have won in 2006 if they had chosen to create a petrol car instead of a diesel one. Maybe the domination is there because they are a manufacturer with huge experience, talented people and huge budget.

To Sleeper: Creation plan to race in 2007 with the new Judd (5.5l instead of 5l). The new project doesn't affect the 2007 programme as fas as I heard.

Sleeper
6th December 2006, 22:10
Have the ACO adjusted the rules for next year as its clear that a diesel powered car had a big advantage this year. I know Peugeot were expecting to hit 700hp with the 908 whilst the petrols would still be at 600-620hp.

viper_man
7th December 2006, 01:00
Well its a new team a new car and a new engine.

Id have to doubt theyll win it at the first attempt.

harvick#1
7th December 2006, 02:25
yeah according to one site, Creation will only test in 07' maybe Petit Lemans, but will do LMS and LM with two cars.

another big thing also happened as Audi said that there will be 6 R10's next year, but no privateers

1LM1
7th December 2006, 09:19
Have the ACO adjusted the rules for next year as its clear that a diesel powered car had a big advantage this year. I know Peugeot were expecting to hit 700hp with the 908 whilst the petrols would still be at 600-620hp.

Yes the rules are adjusted. 10 % reduction in the fuel tank capacity for diesel car.
Now I think the rules are fair because if Diesel have a big advantage of power, they have a big disadvantage with weight distribution and on the aerodynamic side (with a lot bigger radiators surface needed to cool the engine).

Sleeper
7th December 2006, 22:11
Yes the rules are adjusted. 10 % reduction in the fuel tank capacity for diesel car.
Now I think the rules are fair because if Diesel have a big advantage of power, they have a big disadvantage with weight distribution and on the aerodynamic side (with a lot bigger radiators surface needed to cool the engine).

I wasnt aware that the changes had already been made but if this the case I am very much underwhelmed, 10% fuel tank reduction is going to do bugger all to redress the balance. Diesel cars are both faster and more efficient under current rules. Unless AIM, Judd and Creation are working on a diesel they might as well not bother. :mad:

viper_man
7th December 2006, 23:21
I wasnt aware that the changes had already been made but if this the case I am very much underwhelmed, 10% fuel tank reduction is going to do bugger all to redress the balance. Diesel cars are both faster and more efficient under current rules. Unless AIM, Judd and Creation are working on a diesel they might as well not bother. :mad:

I totally agree, surely all of this is just a matter of common sense for christs sake, can the ACO not see that?

Sleeper
8th December 2006, 15:05
I totally agree, surely all of this is just a matter of common sense for christs sake, can the ACO not see that?
I'm sure they can, but I'm guessing Audi, and now Peugeot, have been pushing hard to give diesels a performance advantage.

1LM1
15th December 2006, 09:46
Some news about this new project and about the 2007 Creation programme:

- the AIM/Judd engine (capacity 5.5 like the new G5.5 Judd for 2007) on the bed for June 2007.

- As for the 2007 programme, the G5.5 Judd for 2007 is very promising after the first tests on the dyno. That confirms the rumour that the new Judd is much better than the GV5. Very good news for Pescarolo, Swiss Spirit and Creation so. Regarding the 2007 Creation drivers, Jamie Campbell-Walter and Felippe Ortiz are in. Nicolas Minassian maybe.

http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=2948&thold=0