PDA

View Full Version : John Mickel

truckmonster
20th April 2008, 20:24
Is it true John Mickel was pulled in for been too slow at the rock today?I think he finished last in the first race.

pickup
20th April 2008, 20:41
Not quite right, he came in with a problem went out again and then got a drive through penalty for holding up Michael Smith while being lapped.
To be fair John did say that he thought he would struggle to get on the pace our trucks are completely different to the craftsman trucks he's been driving and very difficult to set up spot on, and of course expectations were that he was going to do well (more pressure).

Reynard
20th April 2008, 21:45
He came in because he cloinked the wall - he had a nice pair of whitewall tyres fitted to the right hand side of his truck.

I *think* it might have been T4 - a lot of guys were scraping the wall in there during race 1.

truckmonster
20th April 2008, 22:27
He was way off the pace all day though!

Abo
20th April 2008, 23:00
He came in because he cloinked the wall - he had a nice pair of whitewall tyres fitted to the right hand side of his truck.

I *think* it might have been T4 - a lot of guys were scraping the wall in there during race 1.

Wilky got an awesome turn 4 wall kiss in race 1, he went round about half the turn but it was so light it just rubbed the tyre and a bit of the arches; the rims weren't touched at all.

truckmonster
20th April 2008, 23:09
I think Gav Seager should be in the craftsman truck!

Gasman#99
20th April 2008, 23:13
Is it true John Mickel was pulled in for been too slow at the rock today?I think he finished last in the first race.
Probably wondering where his V8 was :D

Reynard
21st April 2008, 00:01
Wilky got an awesome turn 4 wall kiss in race 1, he went round about half the turn but it was so light it just rubbed the tyre and a bit of the arches; the rims weren't touched at all.

In that case, can you please tell Wilky that his truck doesn't taste too good... I managed to get a mouthful of the rubbings as I was down in T4 for race 1. Gritty and rubbery comes to mind. :eek:

A race fan
21st April 2008, 00:33
Not quite right, he came in with a problem went out again and then got a drive through penalty for holding up Michael Smith while being lapped.
To be fair John did say that he thought he would struggle to get on the pace our trucks are completely different to the craftsman trucks he's been driving and very difficult to set up spot on, and of course expectations were that he was going to do well (more pressure).

i seen it as that he held every one up even the two grindrod brothers as they went to lap him

spizz
21st April 2008, 13:34
He rubbed the wall between turns 2 and 3 while passing Michael Smith. The talk in the paddock was the #93 drifted up the track and put #5 in the wall. After the race the #5 crew were repairing the truck and there was lots of bent suspension bars on the floor around the truck, the axle had been moved across as well. Overheard crew discussing the engine was lacking fuel pressure - so a bad day all round.

JovialJooles
21st April 2008, 20:29
Self edited...

A race fan
21st April 2008, 21:40
He rubbed the wall between turns 2 and 3 while passing Michael Smith. The talk in the paddock was the #93 drifted up the track and put #5 in the wall. After the race the #5 crew were repairing the truck and there was lots of bent suspension bars on the floor around the truck, the axle had been moved across as well. Overheard crew discussing the engine was lacking fuel pressure - so a bad day all round.

I dont think that he passed any one being quite a few laps down, he was supose to go low as the unwritern rule is and he never for anyone. all so i was to beleive he hit early in the race. i dont think that the 93 driver would mean to put any one in the wall as any other driver wouldnt (the drivers seem to me to give each driver respect)

truckmonster
21st April 2008, 22:16

I thought John was upset at Michael because he has been approached to take over his sky sports job!!!!!!

Abo
21st April 2008, 23:09
I thought John was upset at Michael because he has been approached to take over his sky sports job!!!!!!

If Michael ever took over the Sky commentary then I'd definately upgrade just for the madness of it! (Sorry Michael, the Teesside accent is always wierd to hear on TV outside of Look North)

A race fan
22nd April 2008, 00:19

you lot do sound funny up north, im going to the next rockingham and i will ask michael if its true he couldnt do any worse lol

JovialJooles
22nd April 2008, 10:02
you lot do sound funny up north, im going to the next rockingham and i will ask michael if its true he couldnt do any worse lol

Am I missing something? What does the quote have to do with your post?

A race fan
22nd April 2008, 23:01
If Michael ever took over the Sky commentary then I'd definately upgrade just for the madness of it! (Sorry Michael, the Teesside accent is always wierd to hear on TV outside of Look North)

I see sorry i meant this quote lol

JovialJooles
23rd April 2008, 09:19

Just wondered if someone could explain to me why a pickup is more difficult to set up?

briggs'mechanic
23rd April 2008, 09:56
Just wondered if someone could explain to me why a pickup is more difficult to set up?

Not more difficult just Different, same as an Ascar is completely different to setup!!!

And even when you think you've got the right setup it will still take years to fine tune it.

truckmonster
23rd April 2008, 18:11
What even for the oval expert torquespeed boyz?? May be they should speak to poodles!

Ovrdwall
23rd April 2008, 19:58
Its no easy task to get a setup spot on, but if you've been round ovals and know the basics you shouldnt have an excuse not to be near the pace. Rockingham for trucks is like Daytona or Talledega to cup cars its a lot to do with draft and getting the truck through the air as quick as poss. That said cup cars dont do wet tracks (wimps!) so wet setup round rockingham may be a bit more tricky ;o)