PDA

View Full Version : so uhhh.....wheres Motegi??espn??

xtlm
19th April 2008, 20:26
read the other topic

nevermind

BoilerIMS
19th April 2008, 20:37
Rain last night pushed the race to 10pm ET Saturday. Apparently it will be on ESPN Classic and indycar.com

CCFan
19th April 2008, 22:21
Rain last night pushed the race to 10pm ET Saturday. Apparently it will be on ESPN Classic and indycar.com

ESPN Classic's website isn't showing anything about the race. Any idea as to what time it will be shown?

gofastandwynn
19th April 2008, 22:35
ESPN Classic's website isn't showing anything about the race. Any idea as to what time it will be shown?

10 pm Eastern

jarrambide
20th April 2008, 00:17
One of the biggest complaints many of us had was that CC races were not even in basic cable (Speed Channel and Spike comes to mind), Motegi gets push and we end in ESPN Classic, which is not on basic cable, the more things change the more they stay the same, what is ESPN 2 going to show at that time slot?, Miamiīs International Dominoes Tournament?, sometimes I donīt get channels, I get the fact that OWR is on the low part of the ladder an dthat may events have more viewers, but sometimes you just donīt get the decisions of TV executives.

gofastandwynn
20th April 2008, 00:33
One of the biggest complaints many of us had was that CC races were not even in basic cable (Speed Channel and Spike comes to mind), Motegi gets push and we end in ESPN Classic, which is not on basic cable, the more things change the more they stay the same, what is ESPN 2 going to show at that time slot?, Miamiīs International Dominoes Tournament?, sometimes I donīt get channels, I get the fact that OWR is on the low part of the ladder an dthat may events have more viewers, but sometimes you just donīt get the decisions of TV executives.

ESPN has the NBA playoffs, the Deuce as the HS Basketball All-Star game, both live.

ESPN2 repeat tomorrow at 11 am Eastern

jarrambide
20th April 2008, 01:17
ESPN has the NBA playoffs, the Deuce as the HS Basketball All-Star game, both live.

ESPN2 repeat tomorrow at 11 am Eastern
Well, Motegi would be shown live if moved to ESPN2, but that is my point exactly, of course ESPN would be crazy to even joke in a meeting about showing Motegi instead of the playoffs, heck, I live in a suburb of Houston and even tough I donīt like basketball that much I knew immediately (newspaper, newscasts, radio) that ESPN was showing the Rockets, but come on, High School sort of All Star Game? (sort of because if Iīnot wrong is only for seniors), come on, is High School sports, I have nothing against them, apparently here in Texas High School football is huge, my local High School even sells season tickets and even tough I donīt fancy going to one of their games I hear is full of fans, but the results of the games are just side notes in the last pages of the papers and a few seconds in local newscasts, you are telling me the Jordan Brand Classic can get more viewers than Motegi?, when there is going to be a very more important game of the same sport on ESPN?
Execs are either crazy or some sponsor is paying ESPN top dollar to show the game.

gofastandwynn
20th April 2008, 02:04
Well, Motegi would be shown live if moved to ESPN2, but that is my point exactly, of course ESPN would be crazy to even joke in a meeting about showing Motegi instead of the playoffs, heck, I live in a suburb of Houston and even tough I donīt like basketball that much I knew immediately (newspaper, newscasts, radio) that ESPN was showing the Rockets, but come on, High School sort of All Star Game? (sort of because if Iīnot wrong is only for seniors), come on, is High School sports, I have nothing against them, apparently here in Texas High School football is huge, my local High School even sells season tickets and even tough I donīt fancy going to one of their games I hear is full of fans, but the results of the games are just side notes in the last pages of the papers and a few seconds in local newscasts, you are telling me the Jordan Brand Classic can get more viewers than Motegi?, when there is going to be a very more important game of the same sport on ESPN?
Execs are either crazy or some sponsor is paying ESPN top dollar to show the game.

I think it is the sponsorship thing. McDonalds usually puts it on and must be shedding out huge dollars for it to be live, plus those events are usually when A) they announce when they will be playing college ball at or B) The college fans the first chance to see their new recruits.