PDA

View Full Version : BATracer Season 7

c8nay
20th January 2007, 00:11
Its back! again....

No favours this time, may the best man (or woman) win.......

GAME LINK WILL BE POSTED SOON

c8nay
20th January 2007, 00:30
Players will need to be registered and logged in before they can enter the private game. When logged in, clicking the following URL will take you to the join game page:

http://batracer.com/-cj?&D&10581

Alternativly, you can select "private games" from the menu and enter the number "10581" into the box. The game password is "this1ismine". Take care not to accidentally join a public game by mistake.

Brown, Jon Brow
20th January 2007, 00:46
Do you need Kool tools to get custom liveries?

How do you upload them?

c8nay
20th January 2007, 00:55
Yep, as well as lots of other great things including many more game slots, well worth it if you are a dedicated player.

jens
20th January 2007, 02:36
I may join midseason if someone needs help. :)

racer69
20th January 2007, 07:27
I'm going for something completely different and running a Peugeot :)

Donney
20th January 2007, 13:04
I'll contact Stidolph and see what we run this time.

Mp3 Astra
20th January 2007, 16:06
I'm in, but I'm reserving my teammate place for Luffield if that's OK with you lot :D
I'm only in the VX because the MGs have gone :(

Luffield
20th January 2007, 17:49
I'm in. Only tried the Astra once before and I can only describe that season as cr4p.

But always up for a challenge so it should be fun. :up:

306 Cosworth
20th January 2007, 18:37
I'm in for Season 7, going for the 406 Coupe seeing as we've just acquired one in real life :p : Should be a good season :)

jso1985
21st January 2007, 03:39
going with a 406 this season.
I still wnat to take the Proton to championship glory but I need a change this season

Donney
21st January 2007, 10:50
The few times I've driven a Proton it's been a nightmare for me.

Brown, Jon Brow
21st January 2007, 18:43
This is my attempt of making a BATracer livry :D

c8nay
22nd January 2007, 02:42
Donney, Are you joining the game yet as Stidolph is already in with your team by the looks of it. Then if there is anyone else out thier in the forum that wants a crack or anyone putting in a 2nd entry that they will use, we can advertise the game and get it started.

Has anyone found out who Baby 'BMW' Bertha is yet?

nik
22nd January 2007, 16:35

Nope, but if I was them i'd be bored with the BMW in that livery by now.

real_illusions
22nd January 2007, 16:47
i'm in, for the first time in a loooooooooooooooong time.

no doubt i'll finish last..

can you be kicked from a private game if your inactive?

c8nay
22nd January 2007, 18:02
i'm in, for the first time in a loooooooooooooooong time.

no doubt i'll finish last..

can you be kicked from a private game if your inactive?

Good to see you back in, r_i. You can if it gets advertised that there are players available mid-season, But as long as you log in at least every 3.5 days you will stay active and won't be replaced.

Donney
22nd January 2007, 18:08
Donney, Are you joining the game yet as Stidolph is already in with your team by the looks of it. Then if there is anyone else out thier in the forum that wants a crack or anyone putting in a 2nd entry that they will use, we can advertise the game and get it started.

Thanks for the tip I'm in with the Honda :D

Mad cat jnr
22nd January 2007, 18:45
Im in (oops racing) :D

Joe

306 Cosworth
22nd January 2007, 19:02
This is my attempt of making a BATracer livry :D

You like Alan Partridge too then Jon :D :laugh:

c8nay
23rd January 2007, 13:59
If everybody is from here is in, I Shall advertise the game on the BATracer forum when I get back later on, So that we can get this thing underway! Unless someone wants to do it sooner.

Mp3 Astra
23rd January 2007, 20:39
I'll do it now if you haven't already :)

c8nay
27th January 2007, 03:41
After a week of agonizing finger tapping and slider withdrawal symptoms, we have the green flag.

Good luck to all!

but I think I might need it more...... :s

Brown, Jon Brow
27th January 2007, 10:18
After a week of agonizing finger tapping and slider withdrawal symptoms, we have the green flag.

Good luck to all!

but I think I might need it more...... :s

I'll need more luck than anyone :erm: This game doesn't like me. Although I like it :D

Luffield
28th January 2007, 17:50
Yesterday I was over the moon to scoop the first pole of the season and lead a championship for only my second time.

Today I cock up my race by making 2 pitstops after driver error. The same problem I had with the Astra when I last used it.

Oh well, here's to a better 2nd race.

Congrats to my team mate for starting his title defence in some style by taking the 1st win. :up:

Brown, Jon Brow
28th January 2007, 19:22
Yay!!!! My team leads the team standings :D

Mp3 Astra
28th January 2007, 23:57
Great race to win, sorry to see Luffield have terrible luck

real_illusions
29th January 2007, 17:44
i didn't too well..was expecting worse

hopefully consistent top 10 finishes

:)

Luffield
30th January 2007, 23:09
My first retirement in 29 races!!!!!!! :down:

And the only point i've scored so far this season is from a pole position.

I'm having worse luck with this car second time around!!!! :eek:

Luffield
3rd February 2007, 22:49
And now my 2nd from 3 races!!!!!! :eek:

Even more gutting seeing as I was leading before I pitted and then had "driver error" put me out.

I don't get this with the MG :confused:

real_illusions
3rd February 2007, 22:53
hehe..my season is going alright so far..but i dont like thruxton..

racer69
4th February 2007, 07:44
I should've stayed with a Vauxhall :)

306 Cosworth
7th February 2007, 12:12
I hate the Peugeot!

Donney
7th February 2007, 13:10
I hate the Honda only finished one race and I-ve always hitted trouble in the qualies.

Brown, Jon Brow
7th February 2007, 13:48
Damn!!!! How come Passo is so fast/lucky ???

racer69
7th February 2007, 17:44
Finally got my first podium of the season.....though i was leading at one point.

306 Cosworth
8th February 2007, 13:02
Well done Luke, good result in the Pug :up:

c8nay
8th February 2007, 14:29
I like the Peugeot :) It frustrates the hell out of you at the beginning then out of nowhere becomes competitive.

Although there are better cars....

racer69
8th February 2007, 17:23
I hope your right Craig, i remember you pushing me to the end of the 'BTCC Superstars' series in the Peugeot against me in an Astra :)

Well done Luke, good result in the Pug :up:

Thanks Luke, you got a good result out of yours in 5th as well, hopefully we are starting to turn a corner!

306 Cosworth
8th February 2007, 20:02
Yea hopefully! Would help if I had abit more active teammate tho for the set ups!

c8nay
8th February 2007, 23:25
nik! you've just been sacked! Although it might be nice to have a team mate for the first time in two seasons in production. The person must of digged around the BATracer forum to find the password. I've changed it incase anyone else joins and kicks out a forum member, if anyone wants it to get a new team mate let us know.

jso1985
9th February 2007, 19:57
he was replaced by another forumer(jens), so I guess no problems with another forumer joining.
The Peugeot seems to be improving a bit, let's see if we can start taking wins soon(I'll try my best to help with the set-ups too)

c8nay
9th February 2007, 21:40
Ah! yes I thought I recognised the name :) I just noticed Baby Bertha found his way back into a BMW as well :D

Mp3 Astra
11th February 2007, 01:19
What a great season, eh? Looking forward to a start from pole. Interestingly, Green Griffin Racing have taken all the poles this year bar 1. A great statistic I'm sure you'll agree! :D

jens
11th February 2007, 23:45
Hopefully nik won't be too displeased with me for replacing him. :D

Scuderia ferrari
12th February 2007, 13:43
Well even though i'm not in your game, thought i'd share my thoughts on my debut 2006 GP, clinching 2 points!

It had forcasted rain for the race, and the gamble on monsoon tyres payed off, i made a cracking start, gaining 5 or 6 places. I struggled in the middle but i held off a BMW for ages before he retired

a late pitstop made me claim afew places, gaining 7th. So nearly 3 points if there was a couple more laps to pass that damned honda!

Great race for midland!

nik
14th February 2007, 16:55
Hopefully nik won't be too displeased with me for replacing him. :D

Opps. Sorry Craig, I completly forgot about batracer. Hopefully Jens can do a better job! :)

c8nay
14th February 2007, 19:24
Don't worry I won't say he is! :p :D j/k

jens
3rd March 2007, 16:38
After long-lasting efforts I have finally won my first BTCC race in BatRacer! :bounce: :D

racer69
3rd March 2007, 19:44
Congrats Jens.

I haven't had a bad season considering i'm running the Peugoet, somehow managing a win earlier in the season.

Quite close at the front, :)

jso1985
6th March 2007, 00:44
thankfully my worst ever season on any BATracer game is almost over :)

c8nay
6th March 2007, 02:32
Once again its good to see the touring car titile going down to the last race. Once again I'm not in contention :(

Is everyone up for a season 8? If so do we go for another BTCC season or with the new Le Mans Endurance series carset due out in a few days (fingers crossed)? If it comes out on time.

racer69
6th March 2007, 07:39
I'd love to stick with the BTCC :)

Brown, Jon Brow
6th March 2007, 11:47
Doesn't matter what it is I'll still be slow :(

But I will not give up.

real_illusions
6th March 2007, 12:19
i'd like to try a different car set.

Le mans could be interesting. Or even one of the others, caterham or the toyota mr2 car. Which championships are they?

c8nay
6th March 2007, 14:21
I don't mind either way. I'm quite happy with BTCC as well, even got my two class cars prepared and waiting :) Just thought I'd throw the idea in.

The LMES carset will have 4 different classes with upto 42 odd drivers (although private games will have the chance to cut the number of classes, as will future BTCC series). The other series aren't due untill the end of the month with the F12006 carset the next to be changed to F12007 around the first GP weekend. From what we have been told, the MR2 series is a fictional one make series and will use all three versions of the car from the original to the latest in both road and race spec. The Caterham series uses several kitcars based on the Seven and will have more of a club racing feel to it possibley racing at venues such as Anglesy, Kirkistown and Cadwell Park.

The LMES also has some striking cars designed for it: http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/7752/liverycreditsqm3.gif

Luffield
6th March 2007, 17:34
BTCC for me. I've had the best 2nd half of any of the 7 forum seasons i've been in so far!

Wouldn't mind continuing the trend. :up:

I still want to take a title other than best average qualifying and most poles.

306 Cosworth
6th March 2007, 19:30
I don't mind either way. I'm quite happy with BTCC as well, even got my two class cars prepared and waiting :) Just thought I'd throw the idea in.

The LMES carset will have 4 different classes with upto 42 odd drivers (although private games will have the chance to cut the number of classes, as will future BTCC series). The other series aren't due untill the end of the month with the F12006 carset the next to be changed to F12007 around the first GP weekend. From what we have been told, the MR2 series is a fictional one make series and will use all three versions of the car from the original to the latest in both road and race spec. The Caterham series uses several kitcars based on the Seven and will have more of a club racing feel to it possibley racing at venues such as Anglesy, Kirkistown and Cadwell Park.

The LMES also has some striking cars designed for it: http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/7752/liverycreditsqm3.gif

Will LMES be generic? Shouldn't mind doin my own livery! Whens it due out too?

Mp3 Astra
6th March 2007, 21:30
Will LMES be generic? Shouldn't mind doin my own livery! Whens it due out too?

It'll be generic, and it'll be out soon. Maybe tomorrow, although there have been some problems

c8nay
6th March 2007, 21:31
We are waiting for the test game now. 1st public game should be in the next 48 hours. Some nice new features to the whole game have just been added.

Donney
7th March 2007, 12:10
I think the BTCC is a bit of a tradition around here so I'd keep it just for that. Mind I would join any series.

Should we ask for a poll?

c8nay
7th March 2007, 13:46
Although I didn't make it to the test series, Le Mans looks quite complicated for the more casual players amoungst us!

I won't see the last race till tonight so well done to whoever won in the end :)

racer69
7th March 2007, 14:13
Well there we are the end of very much a Vauxhall dominated championship, with the MG's the only other cars seeming to be able to challenge.

Well done Michael on the championship win, and once again great to see the champion kept in the family.

I'm quite happy with my 7th in the overall standings, complete with 1 race win and two other second places.

Brown, Jon Brow
7th March 2007, 15:31
Happy with how my pit strategy worked in the last race. :D

c8nay
7th March 2007, 18:35
That last one could of been mine.... but it wasn't :( Well Done Passo, with no DNFs as well.

Ready for the next season? :D

real_illusions
7th March 2007, 19:13
ending the season with a win, and 1 point off the best non-kool tools driver.

not too bad for my return

Luffield
7th March 2007, 19:32
That last one could of been mine.... but it wasn't :( Well Done Passo, with no DNFs as well.

Ready for the next season? :D

I was leading the last two and gave them away.......

..... if only. 12 points isn't a huge margin after all.

I'll make do with leading most laps, having most poles, and best average qualifying as well as teams and manufacturers titles so all told a good season.

Bring on season 8. :up:

c8nay
7th March 2007, 19:47
Well unless some one else wants to do it in the mean time, I'm just going thru some other games then I'll create a new game.

nik
7th March 2007, 19:50
Shall I start one? BTCC yeah?

I'm returning to batracer after a couple of months off.

306 Cosworth
7th March 2007, 20:07
I'm gonna stay for the whole season next time, hope I can get an Astra too, if not i'll go for a production Beemer

BM
7th March 2007, 20:12
Nik, you're best letting Craig make this one, in case you go AWOL again! :p

nik
7th March 2007, 20:23
Naa, i'll stay this time! :D

c8nay
7th March 2007, 23:35
I presume Nik didn't make a game? I shall make one within the next 10 mins then.

Brown, Jon Brow
7th March 2007, 23:41
I presume Nik didn't make a game? I shall make one within the next 10 mins then.

Hurry up so I can get a good car! I'm nearly ready for bed :p :dozey: