PDA

View Full Version : For all you GTA PS3 fans

FIA
18th April 2008, 22:05
If you have a PS3 and are planning to get GTA IV, you may have heard that the 360 version is due to have about 10 hours of Exclusive DLC in the Autumn for around 20 pounds. Well from the sources that I will try and put up, this is because Microsoft paid $50,000,000 for the Exclusive content. Accept that it now looks like that it is only a "Time Exclusive" meaning that the 360 will get this a lot earlier, but the PS3 will end up having about the DLC. This would link to the news that PS3 will get GTA IV DLC, and Rockstar are not going to betray SONY, as they have a great partnership.

Bezza
20th April 2008, 12:32
PS3 is better than X-Box. Cue arguments...!

I had a 360 but traded it in for a PS3, and it was the correct decision.

Daniel
20th April 2008, 13:35
I've never really understood why people like GTA :) Just seems a tad pointless is all.

Perhaps it's just the way I'm conditioned with PC games but I believe that you should buy a game and get updates on it for free for the life of the game unless they actually make something which is worthy of calling a new game. If additional content is so great then why not just include it in the game rather than hanging onto it and using it to shamelessly squeeze extra money out of people. The amount people pay for console games is already a joke and to make people pay more money for extra content is shameless profit making.

I paid 25 pounds for the Orange Box via Steam and it contains 7 games one of which I've already played for almost 200 hours and it gets updates all the time to fix bugs and introduce new maps and so on. Now that's what I call value for money :)

All consoles suck. Give me a PC any day. Although the Wii does look quite cool.

Powered by Cosworth
20th April 2008, 14:48
I'll wait till it's on PC, like I did SA. Then there is a whole world of awesome 3rd party content.

I don't see the point of offline single player games anymore, I love the competitive edge of online play, but GTA IV really excites me, I may go out and get a PS3 just for that and GT5.

Daniel
20th April 2008, 19:07
I'll wait till it's on PC, like I did SA. Then there is a whole world of awesome 3rd party content.

I don't see the point of offline single player games anymore, I love the competitive edge of online play, but GTA IV really excites me, I may go out and get a PS3 just for that and GT5.

I've also never understood why people buy GT games as they're so far removed from reality that it's not funny. I wouldn't be surpised if the developers have never driven a car before.

Powered by Cosworth
20th April 2008, 21:24
I've also never understood why people buy GT games as they're so far removed from reality that it's not funny.

Because they're fun :confused:

maxu05
21st April 2008, 14:31
I find the game boring. I would much rather play GT3 or 4, or Toca.

Daniel
21st April 2008, 15:02
Because they're fun :confused:
THing is it's nothing like driving a real car. Handling is totally arcade.

Azumanga Davo
21st April 2008, 15:24

Well, I'll sit here and wait for my copy of Daniel's Super Duper Driving Sim and I'll criticise accordingly.

GTA is also fun. It's just a game. Strangely enough, I imagine it's a bit arcadey too, because I get shot by the police, I always awake outside a hospital with no criminal record, free to carry on as if nothing happened. Don't think that sort of thing really works in Arizona or anywhere else, does it? ;)

Daniel
21st April 2008, 15:29
Well, I'll sit here and wait for my copy of Daniel's Super Duper Driving Sim and I'll criticise accordingly.

GTA is also fun. It's just a game. Strangely enough, I imagine it's a bit arcadey too, because I get shot by the police, I always awake outside a hospital with no criminal record, free to carry on as if nothing happened. Don't think that sort of thing really works in Arizona or anywhere else, does it? ;)
Apologies for having an opinion :) I won't make the same mistake in your presence again :rolleyes:

maxu05
21st April 2008, 15:43
Opinions, ha, they will lead to the end of civilisation, so it seems :laugh:

Azumanga Davo
21st April 2008, 15:51
Apologies for having an opinion :) I won't make the same mistake in your presence again :rolleyes:

Trust me, you'll hate it when I walk into the World Presidential office and change things... :)

Daniel
21st April 2008, 15:52
Trust me, you'll hate it when I walk into the World Presidential office change things... :)

I see :confused:

Azumanga Davo
21st April 2008, 18:52
...dead people?

C'mon, lighten up. It's the internet... :p :

harvick#1
21st April 2008, 19:33
PS3 is better than X-Box. Cue arguments...!

I had a 360 but traded it in for a PS3, and it was the correct decision.

completey agree, and I've never played PS3 yet. just shows how bad 360 is :mark:

JSH
21st April 2008, 19:48
PS3 or XBOX360.... the great debate of our time.... Get a grip! Both systems are absolutely fantastic.

Jeez, I remember the days of waiting for sometimes ..... minutes.......while my floppy drive grinded away witing for my game to start only to be met with chunky graphics and monotone sounds...

Azumanga Davo
22nd April 2008, 13:48
Hmmm, with Road Warrior 2 being 14 floppy disks worth of game. I remember installing the 13th when it said 'hard drive full'. Thankfully those dark days of running out of room are long gone for me.

ShiftingGears
22nd April 2008, 14:04
Perhaps this should be turned into the videogames thread.

Being the owner of the original playstation and PS2, I have to say that the Wii looks more tempting than the PS3. Purely because I find myself wanting more multiplayer games that don't wear off, such as Super Smash Brothers.

Nintendos tend to have better arcade games whereas playstation has better racing games.

Daniel
22nd April 2008, 16:17
Perhaps this should be turned into the videogames thread.

Being the owner of the original playstation and PS2, I have to say that the Wii looks more tempting than the PS3. Purely because I find myself wanting more multiplayer games that don't wear off, such as Super Smash Brothers.

Nintendos tend to have better arcade games whereas playstation has better racing games.

Agreed. I like the social element of gaming so I tend to go for multi player games. Single player games tend to bore me a bit unless they're driving games or there's a good story to them.

kalasend
23rd April 2008, 07:09
I've also never understood why people buy GT games as they're so far removed from reality that it's not funny. I wouldn't be surpised if the developers have never driven a car before.

Because I'd probably never get to drive a:
787B
CLK GTR
R8
(the list goes on and on)

So which is more remote?

Daniel
23rd April 2008, 11:44
Because I'd probably never get to drive a:
787B
CLK GTR
R8
(the list goes on and on)

So which is more remote?
Yes but GT makes a CLK-GTR about as much fun to drive as a Micra.

A.F.F.
24th April 2008, 10:56

God for bid they made Apache more acurate.

MrJan
24th April 2008, 14:51

Which is why I have Forza 2 and GT4, not that they are 'realistic' in the true sense.

At the end of the day computer games are about having fun without any real effort. GTA is not a driving game and has never really claimed to be so I don't see why you have a problem.

Daniel
24th April 2008, 20:16
Which is why I have Forza 2 and GT4, not that they are 'realistic' in the true sense.

At the end of the day computer games are about having fun without any real effort. GTA is not a driving game and has never really claimed to be so I don't see why you have a problem.

I wasn't talking about GTA ;) I was talking about GT :) GT is so unrealistic it's not funny :p

MrJan
24th April 2008, 20:47
I wasn't talking about GTA ;) I was talking about GT :) GT is so unrealistic it's not funny :p

My mistake, sorry :D

To be honest all computer games are unrealistic. When I'm sat in a comfy chair with controller it is miles away from being out on a track in a car. You have no sensation of speed (no matter how good the graphics are), vibration or the general feeling of fear because the barriers aren't real and if you have a crash it won't hurt/hospitalise/kill you and you won't be faced with the prospect of having to repair the car.

I don't think that computer games will ever live up to real life experience but like I said before it's all about having fun :D

Daniel
24th April 2008, 20:55
My mistake, sorry :D

To be honest all computer games are unrealistic. When I'm sat in a comfy chair with controller it is miles away from being out on a track in a car. You have no sensation of speed (no matter how good the graphics are), vibration or the general feeling of fear because the barriers aren't real and if you have a crash it won't hurt/hospitalise/kill you and you won't be faced with the prospect of having to repair the car.

I don't think that computer games will ever live up to real life experience but like I said before it's all about having fun :D

No problems. I agree to a certain extent. But at least some games like the Colin McRae series manage to get a good mix of fun with a touch of realism mixed in. The cars in GT just don't seem to handle like real cars. You can't unsettle them in the braking area to counter understeer and you have to be quite hamfisted to spin one and my experience of spinning a 70 bhp RWD car in real life on a greasy road late at night tells me it's not very hard if you're a bit dim like I was at the time. Just makes me laugh when they call GT4 a driving simulator too :laugh: I guess I just prefer arcadey games like Colin McRae where the cars have a hint of reality in the way they handle.

Bezza
29th April 2008, 12:10
One of my favourite games of all time was Cannon Fodder on the Amiga 500 - was this realistic??! Hell no! Was it fantastic??! Hell yes!!

janneppi
29th April 2008, 12:20
No problems. I agree to a certain extent. But at least some games like the Colin McRae series manage to get a good mix of fun with a touch of realism mixed in.
I've always classed Mcraes in the same category as GT's , both have very little in terms of reality, the only difference is that GT's are horribly understeery while CMR allows oversteer. Neither will spin even with full throttle unless you really try to.

I might like to try the GTA4 if it ever reaches pc, the previous one was good fun.

Daniel
29th April 2008, 12:37
I've always classed Mcraes in the same category as GT's , both have very little in terms of reality, the only difference is that GT's are horribly understeery while CMR allows oversteer. Neither will spin even with full throttle unless you really try to.

I might like to try the GTA4 if it ever reaches pc, the previous one was good fun.

True. But I wouldn't by the CM games as low as the GT ones in the reality stakes though. You're completely right about GT being horribly understeery. I have never been able to come to terms with the fact that you can't give a quick lift before a corner for some lift off oversteer and then mash the throttle for some power on oversteer on the exit of the corner. Perhaps that's really why I don't like the games. Too much understeer just makes for boring driving and it's more about not going off the road than taking a decent line through the corner.

tzh
30th April 2008, 07:55
http://gtainside.hungames.hu/kepek/gta3/gta3.jpg

Azumanga Davo
30th April 2008, 12:31
What? I see crims getting blown up by the army all the time...

Bezza
1st May 2008, 17:24
GTA4 is epic, I got it on Tuesday! Graphics and gameplay are immense.

Still not as epoch-making as Vice City was, but I think that was purely for the music.

Daniel
1st May 2008, 19:04
GTA4 is epic, I got it on Tuesday! Graphics and gameplay are immense.

Still not as epoch-making as Vice City was, but I think that was purely for the music.
Certainly is popular. Was in game browsing for PC games today and 5 copies must have walked out in the 15 minutes or so that I was there.