PDA

View Full Version : GP2 to be shown live on ITV4 (UK)

Dave B
18th April 2008, 19:10
Good news for those of us who were heartily sick of James Allen giving away the results during the F1 commentary then reminding us that we could watch the race the week after: ITV4 are to show GP2 live this year :up:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66691

wedge
28th April 2008, 00:20
Nice bit of crumpet doing the presenting!

inimitablestoo
28th April 2008, 18:36
Yes, and for once they found one who got the right mix of looking good and being able to present. That latter one sometimes gets forgotten...

Only one gripe with the commentary, and that's the reference to "the Arden" or "the ART" as if they're constructors. Otherwise no real complaints; they didn't have a lot to work with in the first race, once the first couple of laps of drama had happened. Best to judge them properly after a few programmes.

Nikki Katz
28th April 2008, 19:29
It was better than I thought it was going to be, the commentators seemed at least roughly aware of what was going on. I think that it lacked a bit of the insight of Eurosport's coverage. But as I've said, the bloke that they used to have doing F3000 (and ChampCar when they got the normal feed pictures but didn't have rights to the commentry for some reason) was awful and didn't seem to know anything.
There did seem to be some inconsistency in pronounciation, specifically Parente, as the two commentators seemed to pronounce it differently. d'Ambrosio and Soucek were also different to the Eurosport feed. I wonder who's right.

dc10
29th April 2008, 18:59
I managed to catch the sprint race on ITV4 but couldnt find where the feature race was being shown. Can anyone enlighten me? Is it to be on the same stations each time? :confused:
I thought the commentary was pretty good.

wedge
30th April 2008, 00:52
ITV4 1430 on Saturdays, 0925 on Sundays

dc10
30th April 2008, 17:12
Thanks very much

stevie_gerrard
3rd May 2008, 03:05
Think it was a good job, look forward to the coverage throughout the season :)