PDA

View Full Version : Build A Stand and They Will Come

18th April 2008, 10:40
They'll have a seat but won't be able to see the cars racing by. For those who don't know, NZ hosts a round of the Australian V8 Supercar races each year. V8s have a big following in Aussie and are hugely popular here in NZ. This weekend the NZ round is being held at the new street circuit in Hamilton so I guess it's only to be expected that a few glitches will need to be sorted out but no one was expecting one this big - apparently the new stand hasn't been angled properly and spectators can't see the cars. :o . People have travelled from all over NZ and many fans have come over from Aussie for this event, this is not going to go down well.

millencolin
18th April 2008, 11:37
They'll have a seat but won't be able to see the cars racing by. For those who don't know, NZ hosts a round of the Australian V8 Supercar races each year. V8s have a big following in Aussie and are hugely popular here in NZ. This weekend the NZ round is being held at the new street circuit in Hamilton so I guess it's only to be expected that a few glitches will need to be sorted out but no one was expecting one this big - apparently the new stand hasn't been angled properly and spectators can't see the cars. :o . People have travelled from all over NZ and many fans have come over from Aussie for this event, this is not going to go down well.

That happened at the Japanese f1gp last year. I was sitting in the pouring rain in my turn one stand, and the stand at turn 3 was empty. i wondered why at the time, turns out it was at a dud angle and people could barely see a thing... they all got a refund though