PDA

View Full Version : Guest of honor at Rally Jordan....

gloomyDAY
17th April 2008, 02:42
Max Mosley. (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66674)

:D Time for a magic carpet ride!

Daniel
17th April 2008, 07:55
Well someone had to support him I guess. Now it's time for the paddling of the swollen ass..... with paddles!

sal
17th April 2008, 09:23
They must have had a whip round to pay for his airfare...allegedly

Daniel
17th April 2008, 10:18
They must have had a whip round to pay for his airfare...allegedly
You've FORCED me to post this video :p

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xbt30UnzRWw

sal
17th April 2008, 10:23

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xbt30UnzRWw

Will watch that one at home.. I still need a salary!

cannyboy
17th April 2008, 14:25
I guess that Jordan just guaranteed theur inclusion in the wrc for the next 20 years with that invite.
Great to see him showing an interest in rallying, since no one wants him at gp's anymore...

gloomyDAY
17th April 2008, 17:00

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xbt30UnzRWwThis must be part of the 80's people are eager to forget.
I bet Max would love to be in the middle of the fray.

Time for the Madman to get some home cooking from a different wealthy prince.
I don't like the guy and I'm at odds with his lack of leadership skills.

WRCfan
17th April 2008, 23:42
I guess that Jordan just guaranteed theur inclusion in the wrc for the next 20 years with that invite.
Great to see him showing an interest in rallying, since no one wants him at gp's anymore...

Are you braindead!? Max is the reason co-drivers names were removed off cars and all these braindead things introduced into the sport. Keep him the H*LL away from our WRC!!!

Brother John
20th April 2008, 10:31
Are you braindead!? Max is the reason co-drivers names were removed off cars and all these braindead things introduced into the sport. Keep him the H*LL away from our WRC!!!

What will you do to preserve for a good paid job?
Donīt you see? Like usually it concerns money! :rolleyes:

Daniel
20th April 2008, 10:38
co-drivers names were removed off cars

Wow. Reintroduce that and we're back to the glory days! Yay!!!!!

WRCfan
21st April 2008, 12:20
You know what I mean. You seem to be a bitter nasty old man compared to when I first met you on the forums. You been sexless for a couple of years now or something?

No one on these forums honestly believes Max has done anything good for WRC, I have seen many people posting here, b!tching about what he has done when he decided to dabble in WRC...

Daniel
21st April 2008, 12:29
You know what I mean. You seem to be a bitter nasty old man compared to when I first met you on the forums. You been sexless for a couple of years now or something?

No one on these forums honestly believes Max has done anything good for WRC, I have seen many people posting here, b!tching about what he has done when he decided to dabble in WRC...

Quite the opposite :cheese:

I don't like Max either. I just think that by complaining about minor things like co-drivers names on cars is a little bit silly. There are far bigger problems with the WRC. The cars are comparatively boring compared to the Group A days and early WRCar era. The problem is the WRCar regulations have stayed pretty much the same and as the cars have been made to handle better the cars not have too much grip for the power level.

He's promised to leave next year. So lets just hope that someone better comes along.

Tomi
21st April 2008, 23:06
i think the more he plays his rolegames the less he has time to screw up the sport, so hopefully he dont forget to take his gear with him to jordan.

WRCfan
22nd April 2008, 08:51
The names on the car was just the first thing that popped into my head. At the end of the day my point was "max is a clueless moron who has meddled in WRC without knowing a f*****g thing".

If I was Phil Mill's I would be pretty p****d that Max thinks im not an important enough addition to the car to have my name on the window. It's not a major thing to you and I however in this instance put yourself in their shoes. As I said this is just one thing....

Daniel
22nd April 2008, 08:56
The names on the car was just the first thing that popped into my head. At the end of the day my point was "max is a clueless moron who has meddled in WRC without knowing a f*****g thing".

If I was Phil Mill's I would be pretty p****d that Max thinks im not an important enough addition to the car to have my name on the window. It's not a major thing to you and I however in this instance put yourself in their shoes. As I said this is just one thing....

I do wonder how many care about it. They're living their dream. Some people don't do it for recognition.

It's not necessarily a case of not caring. It's more a case of trying to make rallying simpler to follow. Now you or I know if we see a Impreza WRC with a Welsh flag and a Norwegian flag and the name Mills on the side doing 100mph through a forest that it's most likely Petter Solberg. But perhaps others will have difficulty. Now to me that's a dumbarse move. If someone has difficulty following the sport because there are two names on the side then they need to go follow lawn bowls instead. I think it was dumb to change what had been there for ages. But then again I don't see it as such a big issue. Phil still gets a nice paycheck I'm sure :)

WRCfan
22nd April 2008, 10:42
I see what you mean, but when rallying has worked fine for those many years, then this dipstick comes along and starts shouting orders and making changes then it annoys people. Me for one, as Max Mosley is the king of all dipsticks, no ideas about rallying although he comes along changing things when he has no clue about any of what he is doing.

Keep the moron in his hotel with Freida Vonslutterclog and her whips...

Josti
22nd April 2008, 10:43

I agree with Daniel, I doubt if likes as Phil Mills cares much about this issue. Up until the early World Rally Cars, driver and codriver names were always (small) mentioned on the front side of the car, which infact they still are these days.

It was just for more recognition and in my opinion, car numbering works just as well as big names on the window.

Daniel
22nd April 2008, 12:17
I see what you mean, but when rallying has worked fine for those many years, then this dipstick comes along and starts shouting orders and making changes then it annoys people. Me for one, as Max Mosley is the king of all dipsticks, no ideas about rallying although he comes along changing things when he has no clue about any of what he is doing.

Yes but what do co-drivers names have to do with it?

The things that bother me are the cars having too much grip, the rallies being run over short distances, stages being repeated too much, compact routes and StupidRally.

They can take the drivers names off for all I care. I just want a series that's exciting to watch and co-drivers names do nothing to help with that.

Whinlatter
22nd April 2008, 12:36
At the end of the day my point was "max is a clueless moron who has meddled in WRC without knowing a f*****g thing".
Compared to Dave Richards who has meddled in WRC when he should have known better?

AndyRAC
22nd April 2008, 14:34
Compared to Dave Richards who has meddled in WRC when he should have known better?

Agree, the people you'd expect to have the sport's best interest at heart in fact want to change it for their own selves, and disassociate themselves from glorious past. Basically if they could get away with having one stage run 15 times and they made twice the money, they'd do it.

bowler
22nd April 2008, 21:06

your comments are emotional and very inaccurate. You may have a view of what others (probably in forums like this) have said, but your actual knowledge is obviously very thin. Not even Max's greatest enemy would ever accuse him of not having a clue about what he is doing. Recent events suggest that he is capable of misjudgement, but he is far from a dipstick.

I don't think it was in an hotel either..........

gloomyDAY
23rd April 2008, 02:57
your comments are emotional and very inaccurate. You may have a view of what others (probably in forums like this) have said, but your actual knowledge is obviously very thin. Not even Max's greatest enemy would ever accuse him of not having a clue about what he is doing. Recent events suggest that he is capable of misjudgement, but he is far from a dipstick.

I don't think it was in an hotel either..........
I can see how a lot of people can get emotional, but my perspective comes from a logical point of view. I have no concern with Mosley's actions outside the FIA/WRC, but as president he has been great in some aspects and lacked in others.

Safety is part of the legacy Max can leave behind by placing strict speed limits on WRCars on the stages. Also, after Gronholm passed out on impact in Rally Ireland last year, these new regulations were set in place for 2008. (http://www.fia.com/mediacentre/Press_Releases/FIA_Sport/2008/January/250108-01.html) We haven't seen our last fatality in the WRC and I'm not in a rush to see another anytime soon.

I just have a problem with the WRC's misguided rules and regulations in regard to competition. Constricting rallies to sprint events has been disastrous. A lot of the ideas seem as if they have been adopted from F1, but the WRC is unique. Therefore, the WRC should not be changed in order to foster an image of strong competition. Rules should only apply in making the WRC more competitive.

AndyRAC
23rd April 2008, 08:23
I can see how a lot of people can get emotional, but my perspective comes from a logical point of view. I have no concern with Mosley's actions outside the FIA/WRC, but as president he has been great in some aspects and lacked in others.

Safety is part of the legacy Max can leave behind by placing strict speed limits on WRCars on the stages. Also, after Gronholm passed out on impact in Rally Ireland last year, these new regulations were set in place for 2008. (http://www.fia.com/mediacentre/Press_Releases/FIA_Sport/2008/January/250108-01.html) We haven't seen our last fatality in the WRC and I'm not in a rush to see another anytime soon.

I just have a problem with the WRC's misguided rules and regulations in regard to competition. Constricting rallies to sprint events has been disastrous. A lot of the ideas seem as if they have been adopted from F1, but the WRC is unique. Therefore, the WRC should not be changed in order to foster an image of strong competition. Rules should only apply in making the WRC more competitive.

I'm not sure that was entirely his doing - I thought it was ISC/Dave Richards who wanted compact, sprint events as they were easier to Televise.

DonJippo
23rd April 2008, 12:43
I'm not sure that was entirely his doing - I thought it was ISC/Dave Richards who wanted compact, sprint events as they were easier to Televise.

Yes it was ISC/Richards who wanted to turn WRC more TV sexy and demanded these changes.

Iskald
23rd April 2008, 13:02
"Max has been a strong friend and ally to Jordan and has supported us since we announced our bid three years ago, so we are delighted that he will be sharing the historic occasion with us," the Prince Feisal Al Hussein said in a statement. (Autosport.com)

It seems that corruption has no limitations...

Btw it was an article yesterday in norwegian newspaper VG about Petter Solberg possibly attending some sort of function together with Max Mosley in Jordan. Petter didn`t really comment on this , but answered in the a rather uncontroversial and "corporate manner". Reading between the lines, however,it could be speculated that Petter is indeed not very comfortable with this - and surely Japanese manufacturer Subaru will not feel happy at all with Petter posing as Max Mosleys "buddy" in Jordan.

Daniel
23rd April 2008, 14:33
Yes it was ISC/Richards who wanted to turn WRC more TV sexy and demanded these changes.
It seems on this forum when something is wrong Mosley and Richards are interchangable. Depends on who is less popular that week :)

DonJippo
23rd April 2008, 16:26
It seems on this forum when something is wrong Mosley and Richards are interchangable. Depends on who is less popular that week :)

Maybe so but fact remains that it was ISC/Richards who were strongly promoting these changes.

Daniel
23rd April 2008, 16:27
Maybe so but fact remains that it was ISC/Richards who were strongly promoting these changes.
Oh yes I agree with that definitely :) Sorry if I made it sound otherwise ;)

gloomyDAY
27th April 2008, 23:31
I just have a problem with the WRC's misguided rules and regulations in regard to competition. Constricting rallies to sprint events has been disastrous. A lot of the ideas seem as if they have been adopted from F1, but the WRC is unique. Therefore, the WRC should not be changed in order to foster an image of strong competition. Rules should only apply in making the WRC more competitive.Sorry if I implied Max was responsible for this crap. I was just trying to show that he was responsible for better safety in the WRC, but am still convinced that the FIA needs to replace Max.