PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to a Grand Prix in 2007?

BeansBeansBeans
19th January 2007, 21:34
Just thought I'd ask, because I shall be attending my first ever Grand Prix this year, at Silverstone. I booked my tickets today, and it'll be the first time I've seen F1 cars in action since qualifying for the 1992 British Grand Prix.

I'm double excited!

Oli_M
19th January 2007, 22:39
Really wish I was going again to Silverstone this year. Particularly since it's my 21st and my pressie would be tickets for whatever stand I wanted :( But alas the GP is in a training week for a job I'm hoping to get.

Have a great time, I've been the last 2 years and loved every second of it. I will be back next year!

Ian McC
19th January 2007, 23:15
Not sure at the moment, my nephew is not happy with the thought of paying eighty pounds for his three year old son.

Still, hopefully it will happen, looking forward to seeing Lewis out there. :D

Allyc85
19th January 2007, 23:19
Im going to Spa this year and I cant wait!! Once my cars MOT is out of the way im gonna book my tickets and ferry, though camping info is hard to find at the moment!

sonic_roadhog
19th January 2007, 23:20
Nope. Certainly not in the UK anyway, sky high prices and pish poor facilities means I'll stick to grass roots racing again this year.

schmenke
19th January 2007, 23:31
Um, lack of funds is certainly what's contributing to my F1 event absence this year :mark:

CarlMetro
20th January 2007, 02:15
This will be the first year in a long time when I have decided not to book my tickets yet. Normally I've already done so by now but this year I've decided to wait for a few races into the season to see whether it's worth spending the money. Doubt if I'll bother with a grandstand this year though, might do Luffield terrace for a change.

Still trying to convince my better half that we should go to Spa this year though ;)

Stuartf12007
20th January 2007, 02:30
ill be going to the A1 British GrandPrix.

I've been to 2 F1 britsh grandprix's in the past 4 years and its cost me £400 in total. i cannot justify spending that anymore because you just dont get value for money at silverstone.

Erki
20th January 2007, 02:31
Mosport Grand Prix would be nice... ;)

SteveA
20th January 2007, 02:41
Spa for me!

cosmicpanda
20th January 2007, 03:08
lack of F1 events in NZ is keeping me from going to one this year. WRC's got the right idea though, I'm going to that :p :

almattitude_v1
20th January 2007, 03:40
I'm hoping that I can go to Sepang this year...

ShiftingGears
20th January 2007, 08:44
Going to my first ever Grand Prix in Melbourne. Season opener too, should be a blast!

Donney
20th January 2007, 09:35
I´ll be going to Barcelona.

Eyo
20th January 2007, 11:08
I’m planning to go to Bahrain, but that depends on my financial state few days before the GP :D

andi_bandi@abv.bg
22nd January 2007, 14:47
I'm going in France this year.It will be my first year when i see Formula 1 live,so I'm very excite it was my dream.I'm so enthusiastic about the cars and pilots that I can't explain my feelings with words.However I am very scary if I won't see my favourite pilots Fernnado Alonso,Jenson Button or Kimi Raikkonen, :!: because I can't spend money for Vip ticket to go into the padock.If there is someone who can tell me the hotel where one of them stay I'll be the most happy person in the world,I just want one picture with them.The question is that I can't have a picture without Vip ticket I don't think even that I can see them,so the only way is just to know where they going to stay.My biggest dream is going to become true so I'll be no end greatful to you!Please very much I need your help!Thank you!With best regards Brandon

mwr120675
22nd January 2007, 15:03
20th Canadian G.P. on June 10th.

Knock-on
22nd January 2007, 15:28
May be getting VIP tickets to the British GP which will be nice. Otherwise I wont bother with Silverstone.

May do Spa and an outside chance of sharing a flat on Rascasse.

Could be a busy year.

samuratt
22nd January 2007, 17:16
I am planning to go to Silverstone with two spanish friends that are living in London. In fact i was hoping that some of you will help me to decide the best place to see the action, but for what i read so far maybe i should think of it twice! :D

F1boat
22nd January 2007, 18:13
I really hope so. It'd be my first visit to F1 race. If I have money and time, I'll go to the Turkish Grand Prix.

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd January 2007, 10:54
Nope it's too expensive!!! Unless someone wants to give me an 18th birthday present :D

I've never been to a grand prix :( If I did I would sit at the bottom of the Hanger Straight in the line with a TV camera, with a big banner that said 'James Allen is a benny'

Erki
23rd January 2007, 11:09
So no-one wants to come to Mosport with me? What about Le Mans or Mil Milhas then? :?:

ottostreet
23rd January 2007, 11:25
hopefully going to spa-francorchamps this year!

andi_bandi@abv.bg
23rd January 2007, 17:11
I'm going in France this year.It will be my first year when i see Formula 1 live,so I'm very excite it was my dream.I'm so enthusiastic about the cars and pilots that I can't explain my feelings with words.However I am very scary if I won't see my favourite pilots Fernnado Alonso,Jenson Button or Kimi Raikkonen, :!: because I can't spend money for Vip ticket to go into the padock.If there is someone who can tell me the hotel where one of them stay I'll be the most happy person in the world,I just want one picture with them.The question is that I can't have a picture without Vip ticket I don't think even that I can see them,so the only way is just to know where they going to stay.My biggest dream is going to become true so I'll be no end greatful to you!Please very much I need your help!Thank you!With best regards Brandon

samuratt
23rd January 2007, 21:47

They usually go around the track up on the backside of a truck like 3 hours before the race. If you have a good camera you can take a good picture of them all together like if they were best friends... ;)

CarlMetro
23rd January 2007, 22:18
They usually go around the track up on the backside of a truck like 3 hours before the race. If you have a good camera you can take a good picture of them all together like if they were best friends... ;)

like this........

CarlMetro
23rd January 2007, 22:19
........or this.

CarlMetro
23rd January 2007, 22:23
.......or this. All taken at Silverstone in 2005. Last year they went back to two teammates in individual open top vintage Rolls Royces.

raybak
24th January 2007, 08:07
I'll be going to Melbourne GP. Will be in the corporate area as I have quite a few of my customers going and have to look after them.

Ray

AJP
24th January 2007, 10:14
I shall be attending the Australian GP for about the 7th or 8th time this year...
:)

andi_bandi@abv.bg
24th January 2007, 17:58
Thank you once again,but I want to have a picture of me with Fernando Alonso.That's way I want to know in which hotel I can meet him?In Renaissance hotel or Hotel Inn,both of them are near the track Magny-cour so I think that he is going to stay in one of the two.Thank you :confused:

Ian McC
24th January 2007, 23:55
I've never been to a grand prix :( If I did I would sit at the bottom of the Hanger Straight in the line with a TV camera, with a big banner that said 'James Allen is a benny'

:laugh:

That is actually funny! Right, I'm off to e-bay to get myself a new sense of humour :D

andreag
25th January 2007, 03:32
I'll attend spanish GP at Montmelo, 'cause is just minutes away from my house and I allways have free tickets for the race day. Anyway it's gonna be a good chance to watch if the new chicane they just built, allows passing (I bet for it).

But maybe I'll try Spa after summer. It's a very attractive race, I'd never been there, and it will be this season's last event in Europe, with only three more races to decide the Championships (I hope nothing would be over by this time).

WSRfan82
25th January 2007, 10:23
im going to Japan and China have a very long holiday

F1boat
25th January 2007, 11:23
Thank you once again,but I want to have a picture of me with Fernando Alonso.

This will be very hard!

Ranger
25th January 2007, 12:03
You will have a better chance on the Thursday at the track methinks, andi.

dpatt
25th January 2007, 12:11
I will be going to Melbourne - Australia to watch Kimi win his debut race with Ferrari. I will have difficulty with the red colour all the same. I may have to wear black/silver glasses to make it seem right.

Donney
25th January 2007, 12:12
I'll attend spanish GP at Montmelo, 'cause is just minutes away from my house and I allways have free tickets for the race day. Anyway it's gonna be a good chance to watch if the new chicane they just built, allows passing (I bet for it).

But maybe I'll try Spa after summer. It's a very attractive race, I'd never been there, and it will be this season's last event in Europe, with only three more races to decide the Championships (I hope nothing would be over by this time).

Lucky ******* :hmph:

;)

Knock-on
25th January 2007, 14:38
I shall be attending the Australian GP for about the 7th or 8th time this year...
:)

:confused: But they only hold the GP once a year ;)

:p :

samuratt
25th January 2007, 22:04
Lucky ******* :hmph:

;)

Very lucky indeed!!!! :D

andi_bandi@abv.bg
26th January 2007, 00:55
You will have a better chance on the Thursday at the track methinks, andi.

Thank you a lot.Thank you,thank you!!!http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif

ClarkFan
26th January 2007, 03:25
Mosport Grand Prix would be nice... ;)

That would be worth seeing. But you do realize that Mosport has fast corners that are not preceded by chicanes, don't you? Can't have that sort of thing in F1 these days. :(

ClarkFan

P.S. I'll be at Indianapolis this year. Indifferent layout, but it is only two hours from my house. Hope that more than half of the field makes it past one turn this year!

Dagman
26th January 2007, 20:40
Going to Montreal And Indy again this year. Plus two Camp car races and going to see the Busch lads race in Montreal. Sounds like JPM may race there.

GridGirl
26th January 2007, 21:49
This year will be my 10th British Grand Prix. Booked tickets months ago, and will get round to booking the campsite when I get paid next week.

I'll be interested to see what people think of Spa this year. Having been a few times, I think it could quite possible the biggest dump on the earth. This a famility forum and I couldnt possible say what I really think of the place. I didnt think anything could tempt me to go back, but reading about the many millions they've spent on it, I'm kind of curious.

All the info for Goodwood poped through the letter box this morning, I might think about that instead of a foreign GP.

NoFender
26th January 2007, 22:09
USGP

Ian McC
28th January 2007, 12:17
Not sure at the moment, my nephew is not happy with the thought of paying eighty pounds for his three year old son.

Still, hopefully it will happen, looking forward to seeing Lewis out there. :D

Yep, we are on, will book the tickets today :s mokin: :D

El Sween
28th January 2007, 13:00
Nope after ten years of going I decided not to go to the BGP last year as I was not enjoying the "Silverstone experience" anymore. So last year I did something different and went to Pau for the F3 and spent less on my hotel, flights, tickets and beer than I did on the tickets for the BGP!! and I had a great time. This year I am going to the Las Vegas for the ChampCars instead. I will go for F1 testing but I am not doing the BGP anymore. Next GP I see will be in Europe.

Ari
29th January 2007, 03:43
Being that I live in Southbank in Melbourne Australia.... which is a 20 minute walk from the track, I'll be going to the Melbourne GP.

Really pumped to see Webber running around in the Renault powered RBR car this year. Anything could happen!!! :D

haokunnan
30th January 2007, 05:31
of course i'll be there in Shanghai! It won't be that expensive like 2006!

waitey
23rd February 2007, 00:39
cannot wait till melbourne comes around. 20 days till it will be the friday morning and i will be there waiting for the first car to come out! the best moment of my year, beats birthdays and christmas by a country mile.

TEEJAY
23rd February 2007, 17:53
This year will be the second year that my buddy and I will be attending the USGP, but it will be the first time we get to see more than 6 cars running. After what happened on our first outing, we thought we would take a break and watch it on the tube last year. This year, we are going back.

Ari
26th February 2007, 07:59
Just got my 4-day advantage tickets to Melbourne!! Im so happy right now!! :D

Now, if only RBR could present a car to Webber everything would be fine!

Ari
26th February 2007, 08:00
This year will be the second year that my buddy and I will be attending the USGP, but it will be the first time we get to see more than 6 cars running. After what happened on our first outing, we thought we would take a break and watch it on the tube last year. This year, we are going back.

Good on you. What happened was a joke... but it's good that you're going to head back out there! ;)

raybak
26th February 2007, 10:29
I'll be in the Shell corporate area for Melbourne. Should be good, will have driver appearances from the Ferrari drivers and pit visits etc.

Bit better than my usual haunt at turn 9.

Ray

millencolin
26th February 2007, 11:18
um no, melbourne is still way too dear!!! why fork out a mountain of cash for that when the Gold Coast Indy is a lot more... FUN!!!

actually a couple of years ago i did some research and it wasnt much dearer for me to go to the malayasian gp than it is to go to melbourne! makes you think... id rather go to Malaysia

slinkster
26th February 2007, 12:50
Not unless I win the lottery :(

sezix
26th February 2007, 13:53
Silverstone I'll see what happens. If I do i'll be at Stowe as I think that's the best to watch as the pit straight is crap.
If not the Champ Car euro races.

f1icemen
29th April 2007, 16:39
i'll be going to silverstone with two mad friends this year we are sitting in luffield then on the monday after Silverstone off we drive to Dover and over to Belguim we go for the f1 test days at Spa... then back over the channel and to brackley to watch the honda charity event

going to be a good two weeks of formula one fun!! :D

GridGirl
29th April 2007, 23:08
I didn't think that Spa was a track that they usually did F1 test's on. Not that it will tempt me to go there, but how much does it cost to watch testing at Spa?

Oh and how about someone starting a threat that people who have been to GP this year or are going to one can share their experiences?

dwf1
30th April 2007, 01:40
Im going to the British GP, 3 days, at the complex and never been before...will be magical.

Valve Bounce
30th April 2007, 02:33
Just thought I'd ask, because I shall be attending my first ever Grand Prix this year, at Silverstone. I booked my tickets today, and it'll be the first time I've seen F1 cars in action since qualifying for the 1992 British Grand Prix.

I'm double excited!

Holy Mackeral!! from the grief you've been giving me, I took you for a seasoned GP attendee. :eek:

millencolin
30th April 2007, 03:31
um no, melbourne is still way too dear!!! why fork out a mountain of cash for that when the Gold Coast Indy is a lot more... FUN!!!

actually a couple of years ago i did some research and it wasnt much dearer for me to go to the malayasian gp than it is to go to melbourne! makes you think... id rather go to Malaysia

ok i change my answer... i AM going to a grand prix this year

seeya's all in FUJI!!!!!

Valve Bounce
30th April 2007, 03:53
ok i change my answer... i AM going to a grand prix this year

seeya's all in FUJI!!!!!

Three is a less expensive way to go to the Oz GP. However, it requires a bit of groundwork beforehand, and an early start.

During the thursday festivities, you need to walk around the outer sections of the circuit (the pit straight area is excluded already). There are several small hills next to grandstands which offer quite a good view, notably to the west of Clark stand.

On Saturday morning, you have to get to your vantage spot early and claim it with a folding chair. If you go with a couple of mates, then one guy can keep watch on the seats while the others go for drinks etc. On Sunday, same thing, get there early. Bring your own breakfast if you have to.

If you think Fuji is less expensive, wait till you add the accomodation, food, transportation and air fares to the whole.

Basically, GP's are not cheap; I didn't go last year because it would have cost me around $650 for a seat in the grandstand. Don't know how much it will cost next year. :(

Zsolt
30th April 2007, 15:12
I don't know if I replied to this yet but I plan on going to the USGP again this year.

f1icemen
30th April 2007, 19:07
I didn't think that Spa was a track that they usually did F1 test's on. Not that it will tempt me to go there, but how much does it cost to watch testing at Spa?

Oh and how about someone starting a threat that people who have been to GP this year or are going to one can share their experiences?
because of the change of layout they are letting them test this year, it is 25euros per day

aryan
30th April 2007, 19:51
I went to the Melbourne GP this year, my third lifetime Grand Prix after twice attending the GP of Turkey. The Melbourne GP was good, yes it was expensive but I have come to terms with that. I enjoyed the race, and the rise of Hamilton.

However in terms of racing, I think the Tilke designed Istanbul Park is one of the best circuits on the calender, and produces better racing thatn Alber Park.

I think this will be my only GP this year as I don't think I'll be going back to Europe anytime soon.

Priorat
30th April 2007, 20:05
I will wait until Alonso leaves Formula 1 to go back to the GP in Catalunya. So not before than 6 years I think

Allyc85
30th April 2007, 20:29
I booked my ticket to the belgian grandprix yesterday!! Roll on september!

aryan
1st May 2007, 08:59
I booked my ticket to the belgian grandprix yesterday!! Roll on september!

Are you talking of this september or the next one? We don't have a belgian GP this season!

GridGirl
1st May 2007, 09:45
Belgian Grand Prix -16th September 2007.

What tickets did you get astraracer? I've sat all around the track on the friday and saturday, but only at Rivage and the hairpin at the top of the hill on race day. La Source is probably the best place to get tickets these days.

mate
1st May 2007, 14:07
i been to australian grand prix i was excited about it was good and fun good race too

waitey
1st May 2007, 14:41
am going to sepang in june, not for f1 but for the 2nd meeting of the formula bmw asia series to talk to some teams about my proposed race seat for next year, then will also probably attend their support race at shangahi in October to not just discuss things with a number of the formula bmw teams, but watch the f1 as well! will be my first time in another country attending a gp after being to every melbourne grand prix since 96 :D

Valve Bounce
1st May 2007, 15:18
am going to sepang in june, not for f1 but for the 2nd meeting of the formula bmw asia series to talk to some teams about my proposed race seat for next year, then will also probably attend their support race at shangahi in October to not just discuss things with a number of the formula bmw teams, but watch the f1 as well! will be my first time in another country attending a gp after being to every melbourne grand prix since 96 :D

Good luck!! :up: let me know how you get on, and if you do get the drive, please send me a picture of yourself and the car. Just PM me and I'll give you my e-mail address.

Allyc85
1st May 2007, 19:00
Belgian Grand Prix -16th September 2007.

What tickets did you get astraracer? I've sat all around the track on the friday and saturday, but only at Rivage and the hairpin at the top of the hill on race day. La Source is probably the best place to get tickets these days.

Weve just got general admission this year as we want to move around alot, plus we are on a bit of a budget, i.e. we are tight lol. We are thinking of watching friday from les combes, qualy from Pouhon ( :D ), then the race from the new bus stop chicane. Someone told me general admission cant get close to Eau Rouge, it would be a shame to go all that way to get a rubbish view of it.

Allyc85
1st May 2007, 19:01

And was meant to say, good luck to you mate, hope it works out :D

GridGirl
1st May 2007, 19:38
I meant les Combes would be the bets place to watch from these days not la source. Nope you wont see anything decent from general admission of Eau Rougue. Its all blocked by the grandstands, the best place to view Eau Rougue if you have general admission is from the shopping area, sounds daft but you'll know what I mean when you see it.

dwf1
1st May 2007, 21:44
i'll be going to silverstone with two mad friends this year we are sitting in luffield then on the monday after Silverstone off we drive to Dover and over to Belguim we go for the f1 test days at Spa... then back over the channel and to brackley to watch the honda charity event

going to be a good two weeks of formula one fun!! :D

I think im at Luffield all 3 days

CarlMetro
2nd May 2007, 00:53

If you have a grandstand ticket for Sunday then you will have roving rights to any grandstand on Friday and Saturday. Luffield is probably the best place to watch the race from but don't miss out on seeing the cars around Abbey, coming through Copse or indeed entering into Stowe. I would also recommend standing on the outside of Chapel and watching how the cars change direction through the Maggots-Beckets complex - it's truely awesome every time you see it.

Don't forget your earplugs if you're in a covered grandstand as the sound becomes amplified and after an hour and a half you'll do damage to your hearing and it can actually be quite painful.

dwf1
2nd May 2007, 15:20
If you have a grandstand ticket for Sunday then you will have roving rights to any grandstand on Friday and Saturday. Luffield is probably the best place to watch the race from but don't miss out on seeing the cars around Abbey, coming through Copse or indeed entering into Stowe. I would also recommend standing on the outside of Chapel and watching how the cars change direction through the Maggots-Beckets complex - it's truely awesome every time you see it.

Don't forget your earplugs if you're in a covered grandstand as the sound becomes amplified and after an hour and a half you'll do damage to your hearing and it can actually be quite painful.

nah no grandstand for me mate and i dont need ear plugs.....i was standing in a garage with a V10 engine reving and warming up for nearly a whole day

ioan
2nd May 2007, 15:35
nah no grandstand for me mate and i dont need ear plugs.....i was standing in a garage with a V10 engine reving and warming up for nearly a whole day

You sure you're not deaf already?

millencolin
2nd May 2007, 16:49
If you think Fuji is less expensive, wait till you add the accomodation, food, transportation and air fares to the whole.

oh im know Fuji isnt cheaper! Heck i could drive to melbourne and stay at a backpackers hostel... i'm going to fuji because its my 21st bday present! if it wasnt for that i wouldnt even consider going there on my wage...

I'll be one of the very few NOT supporting Takuma Sato :p : wheres my aussie flag?

SteveA
2nd May 2007, 17:27

Wow, you must be superhuman... Or you don't mind tinitus.

f1icemen
3rd May 2007, 23:03
see you there!! i will try not to wave my Raikkonen flag in your way :D

CarlMetro
3rd May 2007, 23:38
Raikkonen flag in your way :D

You won't be allowed to, Raikkanen flags are banned this year ;)

GridGirl
4th May 2007, 09:59
No, lets make it so no flags are waved this year. Its so deflating to pay over over £100 for you ticket for you view of the track to be zero as some one has a silly flag out.

Atleast attatch them to fences or something behind the general addmission terracing.

CarlMetro
4th May 2007, 17:53
TBH the grandstand marshalls are pretty good and will stop people from waving flags inside grandstands :up: