PDA

View Full Version : Gronholm confirmed for rally cross

uncoversport
16th April 2008, 13:24
Hey guys,

Not exactly the best kept secret, but Ford Sweden has confirmed Marcus Gronholm will do a rallycross program with them

http://www.serviceparknews.com/?c=118&a=1339

Good to see the old boy is still active in his retirement! :D

Mirek
16th April 2008, 13:45
Hope to see him in Sosnova this year :)

Lousada
16th April 2008, 13:52
Hope to see him in Belgium, Netherlands, Czech Republic and Germany :hot: The championship will be fantastic this year! I just can't wait!!

rx-guru
17th April 2008, 11:03
Both, Eriksson and Grönholm, confirmed yesterday in Stockholm 5 of the 11 ERC rounds for "Bosse". And they only confirmed Sweden and Holland so far, plus the final round of the Swedish championship at Strängnäs. Henning Solberg did not confirm any ERC round as a full competitor yet, just to do demo laps with his 550+bhp Fiesta ST 4WD on Saturday and Sunday at Momarken.

Duby
18th April 2008, 17:55
hi all

is there pics of Marcus in the fiesta ?

or even just the car ?

thanks
duby

alleskids
18th April 2008, 19:35
This wil be his car

MJW
18th April 2008, 19:51
and also some photos but mainly of Peter Hedstrom's car on http://www.hedstromsmotorsport.se/bilder-stockholm080416.html

OldF
18th April 2008, 20:18
http://www.fordteamrs.se/. Have a look at the news.

rx-guru
18th April 2008, 20:30
hi all

is there pics of Marcus in the fiesta ?

or even just the car ?

thanks
duby

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=256&u=11113574

Its Duratec engine with new developed cylinder head is producing, although 45mm turbo restrictor due to current RX rules, on the dyno 600+bhp and on the RX tracks about 560bhp as well as 800+Nm of torque. From standstill to 100km/h in 2.2 seconds, faster than any F1 car.

Iskald
18th April 2008, 21:59
Both, Eriksson and Grönholm, confirmed yesterday in Stockholm 5 of the 11 ERC rounds for "Bosse". And they only confirmed Sweden and Holland so far, plus the final round of the Swedish championship at Strängnäs. Henning Solberg did not confirm any ERC round as a full competitor yet, just to do demo laps with his 550+bhp Fiesta ST 4WD on Saturday and Sunday at Momarken.

Henning Solberg is of course occupied with a full season of WRC-rallies, and consequently can`t use much time and effort on competing in rallycross. But rumours in Norway has it that Henning is indeed planning a second option and a "new career" should his very extensive sponsoring from Expert and other companies be reduced. Possibly Henning sees his WRC-career come to an end in one or two years time, but he still loves driving fast cars and could have a chance to continue as a professional driver in rallycross.

My personal opinion however is that Henning should take the chance and compete in the RC-ERC rounds in Norway and Sweden if the car is ready. He has the time as there is a break in rallying after Turkey. Hennings base in motorsport is actually autocross(bilcross) and rallycross, and I surely think he will be very competitive.

rx-guru
18th April 2008, 22:23
Henning Solberg is of course occupied with a full season of WRC-rallies, and consequently can`t use much time and effort on competing in rallycross. But rumours in Norway has it that Henning is indeed planning a second option and a "new career" should his very extensive sponsoring from Expert and other companies be reduced. Possibly Henning sees his WRC-career come to an end in one or two years time, but he still loves driving fast cars and could have a chance to continue as a professional driver in rallycross.

My personal opinion however is that Henning should take the chance and compete in the RC-ERC rounds in Norway and Sweden if the car is ready. He has the time as there is a break in rallying after Turkey. Hennings base in motorsport is actually autocross(bilcross) and rallycross, and I surely think he will be very competitive.

Hei Henning, my feeling is that Henning is very keen to do both, Momarken and Höljes, but is also afraid that the car could possibly be not competitive by then and will not end in a C or B final. However, I would be very surprised if Marcus would reach an A final in his first ever ERC round. Therefore, Henning will see what happens at the Bjerkesprint and prefers to announce only demo runs for Momarken currently. BTW, Maud Solberg told me in Stockholm that their friend Eivind Opland (to those who don’t know: a four-times European Rallycross champion from Norway) has asked Henning if he could drive the Fiesta at Höljes, if Henning himself does not. Hilsen! Eddi

A.F.F.
23rd April 2008, 22:08
Does anyone know if Paasonen still visit RC ?

rx-guru
24th April 2008, 10:35
Does anyone know if Paasonen still visit RC ?

The grapevine has it that he is doing the 2008 "SRC (No Mercy)" series in Finland rather than planning European RX commitments. Same rumours also for Rovanperä.

A.F.F.
24th April 2008, 10:48
The grapevine has it that he is doing the 2008 "SRC (No Mercy)" series in Finland rather than planning European RX commitments. Same rumours also for Rovanperä.

:up:

rx-guru
24th April 2008, 11:00
BTW, "Super Séb" is also in the RX grapevine for quite some time now. Guest appearance(s) in a spare C4 of "His Kennyness" later this year…?

wwbroe
28th April 2008, 14:35
According to this German website, Gronholm will do all the possible to take part in this years Rally of Finland. He want's to make it his eight win over there, so he will become the only recordholder.

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/