PDA

View Full Version : Renault follows Red Bull

Donney
16th April 2008, 10:34
"New" aerodinamic solutions for the R28, not very original I would say.

http://www.telecinco.es/informativos/content/contentpage/112.$plit/C_4_contentpage_30662_listspecial_specialitem0_ima gespecial.jpg

ioan
16th April 2008, 10:46
This F1 racer looks uglier every day, look at all those bits sticking out everywhere. And that fin is just horrible.
Are Renault the team that copies a bit from every other team in this moment?! :rolleyes:

Ranger
16th April 2008, 10:52
This F1 racer looks uglier every day, look at all those bits sticking out everywhere. And that fin is just horrible.
Are Renault the team that copies a bit from every other team in this moment?! :rolleyes:

To be honest I don't mind the fin. It's not the most sightly creation but on the RedBull RB4 it looks pretty good IMO.

However the Renault's ****house livery just makes it look terrible.

CNR
16th April 2008, 11:05
how did they get off the spygate thing

look for the bmw horns next

Donney
16th April 2008, 12:06
Mmmmh it seems they've changed the pic....

http://img.racingpasion.com/galleries/galeria-renault-r28-renovado/normal_nuevor28_005.jpg

More pics at: http://www.racingpasion.com/gallerias/galeria-renault-r28-renovado/6

ShiftingGears
16th April 2008, 13:00
"New" aerodinamic solutions for the R28, not very original I would say.

http://www.telecinco.es/informativos/content/contentpage/112.$plit/C_4_contentpage_30662_listspecial_specialitem0_ima gespecial.jpg

LOL!

But in response to the actual picture, that fin coupled with the livery makes it look repulsive. But hopefully it'll make Renault more competitive.

markabilly
16th April 2008, 13:11
:rolleyes:
That is not a fin. Renault lost its fin to mac at the end of last year..... :s mokin:

Storm
16th April 2008, 13:47
As long as it improves the lap times...but its still ugly!

Donney, I saw the changed pic before the original and I was wondering about your spanish sense of humour....maybe Fernando decided that running was faster than driving ;)

Dave B
16th April 2008, 15:57
I'm surprised that they haven't already gained 0.6 seconds simply due to the drivers... :p ;)

Donney
16th April 2008, 16:11
As long as it improves the lap times...but its still ugly!

Donney, I saw the changed pic before the original and I was wondering about your spanish sense of humour....maybe Fernando decided that running was faster than driving ;)

Well I think that idea has crossed his mind in more than one ocasion this year... :p

But it seems they keep changing pics, there's a different one now. :dozey:

16th April 2008, 16:13

This is Formula One, not Miss World.

Nobody scores points for being pretty.

truefan72
16th April 2008, 17:15
I'm surprised that they haven't already gained 0.6 seconds simply due to the drivers... :p ;)

LOL good one

the famous 0.6 he brings to the team

woody2goody
16th April 2008, 18:05
To be honest that car is so bad he probably has helped it to outperform it's natural limits. Fernando has driven very well this year.

jens
16th April 2008, 18:44
LOL good one

the famous 0.6 he brings to the team

Yeah, I'm not even trying to think, what would Renault do without Alonso's genius input and extra tenths. They would struggle to beat Super Dupers. :p :

Oh and STR has followed Renault and RB too if we are talking about sharkfin. ;)

woody2goody
16th April 2008, 19:10
Yeah, I'm not even trying to think, what would Renault do without Alonso's genius input and extra tenths. They would struggle to beat Super Dupers. :p :

Oh and STR has followed Renault and RB too if we are talking about sharkfin. ;)

That's because STR have finally run their new car, the STR3, which is almost identical to the RB4.

ioan
16th April 2008, 19:14
This is Formula One, not Miss World.

Nobody scores points for being pretty.

It seems to me that the prettier and sleeker Ferrari is going quite well compared to the Renault R28B (B like Batmobile wannabe ;) ).

jens
16th April 2008, 19:19
... which is almost identical to the RB4.

No surprise. ;)

But... we still have to be cautious in expecting STR giving RB some serious competition due to different engines. Last year STR and RB had arguably the same chassis, which didn't suit Ferrari engines and therefore STR struggled.

woody2goody
16th April 2008, 19:23
Yeah I agree. It's a shame but I think in a couple of races STR will be moving up the grid again.

Judging by how STR did this last year, developing their car really well, doesn't this show everyone how good that team is as a Formula One team? Most of those guys are ex-Minardi, and after years of having sub-standard cars, they finally get their hands on a decent chassis and do a great job with it.

Go on the boys in Faenza!

wmcot
16th April 2008, 21:39
LOL!

But in response to the actual picture, that fin coupled with the livery makes it look repulsive. But hopefully it'll make Renault more competitive.

Let's see...we've got RBR's fin, McLaren's bridge wing, Ferrari's wheel covers/cooling discs...is there anything original about the car?

ioan
17th April 2008, 08:06
Let's see...we've got RBR's fin, McLaren's bridge wing, Ferrari's wheel covers/cooling discs...is there anything original about the car?

The performance! :rotflmao:

Hawkmoon
17th April 2008, 08:49
Looks like Renault's solution to a slow car was to to beat it to within an inch of it's life with The Ugly Stick. Now they've got a slow and ugly car and not just a slow one.

gjalie
17th April 2008, 12:14
the good old days haha

http://images.gpupdate.net/large/97214.jpg