PDA

View Full Version : FIA GT - Silverstone

wedge
16th April 2008, 00:14
On ITV4 this Sunday - 1200-1430

Not too sure if I'm gonna attend or not. Not much of an incentive to turn up early this year, no offence but they couldn't they stick the Ferrari Trofeo at the end as usual?

Scuderia ferrari
17th April 2008, 10:34
I'm not attending, i'm going to the Grand Passione at Donington instead but will make sure to video it so i can watch it when i get back.

thompp
17th April 2008, 12:55
I went for both Saturday and Sunday last year at the Silverstone FIA/GT and got some nice piccies from the weekend. This year I cant make Sunday because of family commitments, I was going to do just Saturday but have been having some problems with my camera (sensor dust) so will probably give a miss.

But I will be recording ITV4's live coverage.

El Sween
17th April 2008, 22:02
I'm going and really looking forward to it.

Funks
18th April 2008, 16:54
Was going to do Saturday, but looks as though it will be way too chilly and showery for a day out tomorrow. Will try to go elsewhere to see them in Europe I think. Spa will do.

Ramore
19th April 2008, 17:10
Do you guys know where I can check the results from race 1?

wedge
20th April 2008, 13:27
Crikey, the weather!

Glad I didn't go in the end!

The Chevies are making me feel guilty though

Funks
20th April 2008, 14:37
Do you guys know where I can check the results from race 1?

http://www.fiagt.com/

thompp
21st April 2008, 16:15
I didnt go in the end, family commitments etc. Slightly disappointed because I got some good pics last year, but I guess with the weather this year....

Watched the race on ITV4 (thanks ITV!) good end to it. Peter was leading by a good 30+ secs with 3/4 of the race gone when the safety car came out (no apparent reason) and obviously bunched up the cars. When the safety car withdrew, the Aston Martins of Peter and Ryan Sharp battled for the lead, although as they fought this allowed a maseratio to catch up and make it a three-way chase. Sharp was clearly faster than Peter, and in due course opvertook him to take the overall race win.

wedge
22nd April 2008, 11:33
That was a terrific race. P2-5 were closely matched and left you on the edge of your seat.

Ryan Sharpe deserved that win, a great recovery drive and no matter what you could never count out those bloody Maseratis!

The SC was because a Saleen lost a wheel at Club but there no telly pictures/relayed to the commentary team.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3088/2428119213_c51b147a32.jpgstole that pic from pistonheads.com

Haven't followed FIA GTs closely on telly for a good few years but I really loved the in-car cams - the ones that rotate and pan - seeing the drivers working the wheel on a slippery track and seeing the telemetry as well.

Great stuff!

Can't wait for ALMS coming to Silverstone

Jamie Brown
22nd April 2008, 18:06
its LMS coming to silverstone not ALMS

anyway great race, glad the weather stayed dry all day

ProRally
23rd April 2008, 12:14
Was there the whole weekend and yes it was really cold...