PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton race

MAX_THRUST
15th April 2008, 12:49
Surprised there is no thread on this yet???

Great for the series, excelent addition. IRL I feel has just made a huge possitive decision to go there....Lets hope Paul Tracey is in for the race or is that news to come out after Motegi/LongBeach? Once he's done with Forsythe.

Hey we might even have respectable TV coverage in the UK by the end of the year....

Alfa Fan
15th April 2008, 13:00
Hey we might even have respectable TV coverage in the UK by the end of the year....

Live on Sky Sports is highly respectable.

BobGarage
15th April 2008, 13:00

not possible.

Sky have the contract for another 3 seasons.

champcarray
15th April 2008, 15:56
I definitely hope Edmonton makes it this year! Here is an excerpt from the press release posted on the Edomonton GP web site. I guess it's all down to the FIA:

MEDIA RELEASE
April 14, 2008
EDMONTON JOINS INDY RACING LEAGUE STARTING GRID
Rexall Edmonton Indy takes to the track July 24-26

EDMONTON, AB – Auto racing fans across North America can expect to see the best in openwheel racing as the Rexall Edmonton Indy is set to drive into high gear July 24 -26, pending confirmation by the Indy Racing League (IRL) and the Federation Internationale de L’automobile (FIA).

MAX_THRUST
15th April 2008, 17:03
FIA should be straight forward as CCWS had the licence and it is basically the same race, well single seaters anyhow. Should be just a formality, although if the IRL starts looking strong I'm sure the FIA with some guidance from Bernie will see an issue rise. Think we are ok for a couple of more years!!!!

I know about the TV package I just can't stop moaning about it.

Dcon7681
23rd April 2008, 20:08
Does anyone know if the Edmonton race is officially on the schedule yet ... trying to plan my holidays!

Doug C

BenRoethig
23rd April 2008, 20:24
Paperwork isn't 100% completed, but I'd make plans anyway.

Dr. Krogshöj
24th April 2008, 04:46
FIA should be straight forward as CCWS had the licence and it is basically the same race, well single seaters anyhow. Should be just a formality, although if the IRL starts looking strong I'm sure the FIA with some guidance from Bernie will see an issue rise. Think we are ok for a couple of more years!!!!

I know about the TV package I just can't stop moaning about it.

I think it's only a formality but only the World Motor Sport Council can give green light and they haven't met since the merger.

evo5_mat
24th April 2008, 17:32
i believe what a couple people from edmonton told me, it be announced officially within the next 2 weeks.
Definately going to be thursday to the saturday race, as TG needs to get back to indy for a nascar event !!

So wonder if this will hit attendances overall compared to the last champcar race there, be interesting to see a comparison