PDA

View Full Version : UK v Australia

Ian McC
19th January 2007, 08:13
After maulings in rugby and cricket is this our chance to get some revenge?

Coulthard v Webber!

Place your bets people :D

Ranger
19th January 2007, 08:25
Webber, though I'm not quite 100% on that one.

Dazz9908
19th January 2007, 08:56
Webber,
DC will fight hard but MArk will be No.1 at Years end. :s mokin:
But if wet races come into play DC has got way better webbed feet (no pun Intended).

RJL25
19th January 2007, 11:12
But if wet races come into play DC has got way better webbed feet (no pun Intended).

umm no no.. DC has never been able to handle an oversteering car, which obviously massively compromises DC's car setup in the wet and usually as a result he's slower. Webbo is actually a very accomplished wet weather driver, he just had a brian fart in last years wet weather race thats all.

I think Webber will win the battle, but it'll be reasonably close

ShiftingGears
19th January 2007, 12:02
umm no no.. DC has never been able to handle an oversteering car, which obviously massively compromises DC's car setup in the wet and usually as a result he's slower. Webbo is actually a very accomplished wet weather driver, he just had a brian fart in last years wet weather race thats all.

I am not so sure about Webber being a very accomplished wet weather driver. But I'd still back him over Couthard.

millencolin
19th January 2007, 12:09
After maulings in rugby and cricket is this our chance to get some revenge?

ha lets hope its like the cricket

dont forget the soccer and of course rugby league (where you got beaten by australia AND new zealand)

Caroline
19th January 2007, 17:20
Too close to call. But maybe just DC?

jens
19th January 2007, 23:01
I don't have much doubt that Webber is faster and especially in qualifyings.

But in terms of points IMO the key factor will be reliability. DC has shown that he is able to do well even in unreliable cars, whilst Mark is more like a "car breaker". Coulthard managed to outscore his top-class team-mates in seasons, when McLaren was very unreliable (97, 01, 02, first half of 04) as DC finished clearly more races. So - if the car is reliable, then Webber should score more points, if it's unreliable, then DC might have a good chance of scoring more points.

Iain
19th January 2007, 23:37
Typical English. Only need our help when they can't do it themselves. ;) :p :

Ian McC
19th January 2007, 23:44

:laugh:

Well if they are not English then they are British, same thing really :D

VkmSpouge
19th January 2007, 23:44
I'm going to say Mark Webber will beat David Coulthard at Red Bull this year.

Dazz9908
19th January 2007, 23:53

Hope your right, Webbo in the wet last year was absolute dismal attempt (Hungary)
If it's dry I think it's a laydown mazair Webbo favour! :p :

Cozzie
20th January 2007, 02:45
DC. Bloody Poms will finally win something!
Webber is over-rated in my opinion.

Mark in Oshawa
20th January 2007, 02:56
Webber will bury DC. Couthard has needed a superior car to show anything. Webber is used to driving crap cars and getting results.

Ian McC
20th January 2007, 03:14
I can see this one is going to run and run.............. :D

harsha
20th January 2007, 03:36
Webber over DC at this moment,i think DC has lost it....

stevie_gerrard
20th January 2007, 16:08
If Webber has a season like last season, then DC will be big winner for me. But i cant believe that Webber is gonna throw it away again this season, it's about time he showed just what hes made of, like he did at Jaguar.

AJP
21st January 2007, 00:37
If Webber has a season like last season, then DC will be big winner for me. But i cant believe that Webber is gonna throw it away again this season, it's about time he showed just what hes made of, like he did at Jaguar.

How did he throw it away last year....???

he had mechanical failures in something like 11 out of the 18 races....

He has always put in the performances of what the car is capable of and if not better bar a few races here or there....

If this years car is any good, I think he will walk all over DC.....

XR8
21st January 2007, 03:13
Weber! DC is ready for retirement

PSfan
21st January 2007, 23:42
This is by the the most interesting line-up for 2007. I think Red Bull will be under alot of pressure to promote one of their Toro Rosso drivers to the "a-team" next year to make room for a Berger choosen driver (If berger doesn't get his way this year.) I'm not sure what Webbers deal is, but unless DC proves alot better then MW, then I'm affraid it could be his last.

So I'm picking DC, simply because he has to...

raikk
22nd January 2007, 01:52
Ill go with the devil's advocit and pick Coulthard..

Gibbsy
22nd January 2007, 06:43
Webber by a long long way. Coulthard wasnt even faster than Klein last year.

RJL25
22nd January 2007, 10:59
Webber by a long long way. Coulthard wasnt even faster than Klein last year.

yup although i think klein is way underrated... But still hes no top driver and sadly DC isn't really anymore either...

sorry DC's fans but its true (and im a DC fan too)

ottostreet
23rd January 2007, 10:33
Coulthard. Webber is great too when he wants to be, just like DC, but some of davids drives when he was at mclaren were out of the top drawer, like austria 2001, france 2000 etc.

Robinho
23rd January 2007, 13:27
not sure on this one, but i think whoever loses is finished.

if Webber beats DC then thats the final nail is his career and should call it quits, if DC beats Webber then he should hang his head after being beaten by a has-been.

in reality it could be close, they should have a good car, DC has nothing left to prove and if is racing without the pressure and still enjoying it then he could go well, whilst Webber really needs to perform to revive his career which has been on the slide over the last few years, although not entirely his fault, he does need a good year to get his name back in the frame for the next few years.

therefore i reckon a draw

F1boat
24th January 2007, 18:32
Coulthard will outscore Webber.

Ian McC
24th January 2007, 22:50
therefore i reckon a draw

Get off the fence you! :p :

Ian McC
17th March 2007, 11:19
First blood to Australia, going to be difficult for DC to catch up in the race tomorrow.

Dave B
17th March 2007, 12:11

As Al Murray put it: it's the Rusedski paradox :p

zoostation
17th March 2007, 14:31
coulthards scottish. im english. i dont support him sadly. button, davidson and hamilton i do however.

anywho, webber shall walk all over dc.

Ian McC
18th March 2007, 11:31
Well I thought DC was going to take round one until he decided to go flying.

Mickey T
18th March 2007, 11:39
Car breaker, that Webber.

hard on fuel flaps...