PDA

View Full Version : Is Cyndie Alleman a good racer

mlj
12th April 2008, 22:21
With her background, I was wondering if she is the real deal. Her goal is to be the 1st female to win either in open wheel or at Indy.. not sure which. Can she do it?

Jag_Warrior
12th April 2008, 23:55
I'd never heard of her until you mentioned her name here. But a quick look at the Indy Pro Series stats page puts her at 14th in points, out of 19 drivers who have made 3 starts so far... 27 drivers total. She's got 2 Top 10's, no Top 5's and no wins. She doesn't appear to be anything special based on that. I've heard of Ana Beatriz and she has a better record thus far.

I don't want to seem overly critical, since I don't know anything about this girl. But what has she accomplished that would lead anyone to believe that her goal is realistic? Danica used to talk about F1 and NASCAR. I talk about Salma Hayek. Neither of us is being realistic. Cyndie might be day dreaming too.

Ironcurtainantihero
13th April 2008, 04:04
According to the American Spirit Racing website www.americanspiritracing.com-Cyndie (http://www.americanspiritracing.com-Cyndie) Alleman has won numerous karting titles and has raced in Formula Renault and European Formula 3. Based on that, I would certainly say she has a pedigree. Whether that translates into results on this side of the Atlantic, remains to be seen.

millencolin
13th April 2008, 07:04
According to the American Spirit Racing website www.americanspiritracing.com-Cyndie (http://www.americanspiritracing.com-Cyndie) Alleman has won numerous karting titles and has raced in Formula Renault and European Formula 3. Based on that, I would certainly say she has a pedigree. Whether that translates into results on this side of the Atlantic, remains to be seen.

see i always find quotes like this a little amusing. Sure, drivers can talk up how good they are and what they have raced in, but its what they leave out that is more interesting...

2007 - Formula 3 Euro Series... 20 races
No Wins, No Pole Positions, NO fastest Laps, No Podiums

2006 - German F3... 20 races
No Wins, 1 Pole, No fastest laps, 2 podiums

2005 - German Formula Renault... 16 races
No Wins, No Poles, No Fastest Laps, No Podiums

2005 - Formula Renault Eurocup... 16 races
No Wins, No Poles, No fastest Laps , No Podiums

And so on and so on....

The fact is that she has 77 race starts, and hasn't won a single race in any category!! That is poor form

BobGarage
13th April 2008, 07:30
The fact is that she has 77 race starts, and hasn't won a single race in any category!! That is poor form

I can think of another female racer with similar stats ;) The only shame is that she had made it to the top rung of the ladder with those stats.

I think Ana Beatriz stands a much better chance of reaching that goal.

Dr. Krogshöj
13th April 2008, 08:14
Ana Beatriz seems to be a great racer though. She led the second St. Pete race until Antinucci spun her.

Hoss Ghoul
13th April 2008, 21:44
Ana Beatriz seems to be a great racer though. She led the second St. Pete race until Antinucci spun her.

...Then she pulled a move every bit as stupid as the one Tracy made at San Jose. Big time brain fade on her part.

Jag_Warrior
13th April 2008, 21:58
I can think of another female racer with similar stats ;) The only shame is that she had made it to the top rung of the ladder with those stats.

I think Ana Beatriz stands a much better chance of reaching that goal.

So how does this Cyndie look draped over the fender of a car three quarters nekkid? She might be able to follow in Danica(nt)'s footsteps. :D

I had high hopes for Ianina "Spider" Zanazzi. But after the implosion at Della Penna, her career and chance for the big time seemed to pass rather quickly.

weeflyonthewall
15th April 2008, 02:21
With her background, I was wondering if she is the real deal. Her goal is to be the 1st female to win either in open wheel or at Indy.. not sure which. Can she do it?

Maybe she should talk to Legge? It would have been nice to see Kat take it to Danica this season. But not likely.

champcarray
15th April 2008, 17:46
Based on her page on the American Spirit Racing web site, it certainly appears the team hopes to take advantage of Cyndie's good looks to land sponsors. I hope it's OK to post this link to the team's site:

http://www.americanoval.com/

mlj
16th April 2008, 10:16
So how does this Cyndie look draped over the fender of a car three quarters nekkid? She might be able to follow in Danica(nt)'s footsteps. :D

I had high hopes for Ianina "Spider" Zanazzi. But after the implosion at Della Penna, her career and chance for the big time seemed to pass rather quickly.

Jag This one would definitely give Danica a run for the money... well the truth is Danica wouldn't even leave the starting gate Wrong girl... too bad

http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?s=Ana+Beatriz+&gwp=13

COD
16th April 2008, 20:25
Ana Beatriz really impressed me in St.Pete. So shame Antinuzzi pulled that "never gonna happen" move on her on race2.