PDA

View Full Version : Ypres Westhoek Rally 2008

Pages : [1] 2

wwbroe
12th April 2008, 14:15
Allthough it is still early day, i would like to start new thread about Ypres Rally. By the look of things it will be a great entry list with a lot of S2000 cars and also many good GR. N entries. Are some of you guys interested in visiting the event, maybe i can be of some assistance, concerning stage's etc..
Hope to see many of this forum members in Ypres this year. Looking forward to it. :)

rally puma
12th April 2008, 18:37
i´m there!

i have won a free entry ticket on the ypres forum with my 3th place in prono prediction.
hopefully good wetter so that i don´t have to sleep on a wet tent floor on the camping at the kemmelerberg just like last year.

wwbroe
12th April 2008, 19:15
i´m there!

i have won a free entry ticket on the ypres forum with my 3th place in prono prediction.
hopefully good wetter so that i don´t have to sleep on a wet tent floor on the camping at the kemmelerberg just like last year.

Yeah, i've spend some nights on this camping also, alltough it has been a long time ago. As we work for the organisation we get nice sleeping places nowadays, so that isn't any problem anymore. If i can help you with any info you just let me know. ;)

sal
22nd April 2008, 16:55
I'd like to come as 03 was the last time I was there but all that red and white tape plays havoc with the photos so am looking to go to the Spanish round of the IRC instead. Look forward to watching it on tv though!

wwbroe
22nd April 2008, 17:50
I'd like to come as 03 was the last time I was there but all that red and white tape plays havoc with the photos so am looking to go to the Spanish round of the IRC instead. Look forward to watching it on tv though!

Yes, you are right about the tape, they put to much of it everywhere. But that is how the goverment want's it here in Belgium, especially in Flandres. It is the choise between the bad and the evil, put lots of tape or no rally at all. Then i prefer they put tape then to have no rally at all. I think you are going to miss a very strong rally though, but the choice is yours offcourse. ;)

CEORacingLions
22nd April 2008, 18:22
Victory for Loix.

wwbroe
22nd April 2008, 20:38
Victory for Loix.

I'm sure he will be a serious candidate for victory, but i'm also sure he won't be the only one. I hope it will be a great battle though and for me Loix may be the winner. ;)

J4MIE
22nd April 2008, 20:58
Unfortunately it's the same weekend as the Scottish Rally but I plan to be there in 2009 :)

chryby
22nd April 2008, 21:13
I'm sure he will be a serious candidate for victory, but i'm also sure he won't be the only one. I hope it will be a great battle though and for me Loix may be the winner. ;)

kopecký will be very very strong, i´m sure he is better then loix on tarmac ;)

wwbroe
22nd April 2008, 21:44
kopecký will be very very strong, i´m sure he is better then loix on tarmac ;)

I wouldn't be so sure he is faster then Loix on asfalt, and especially in Ypres, where Loix have always been very, very fast, and is also a four times winner. But i am not doubting your opinion, we will see end of june, won't we? ;)

wwbroe
22nd April 2008, 22:43
The special stage's of this year's Ypres rally are online on their site now. You can see them on :
http://www.ypresrally.com

You can also download them here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/109634309/Overzichtskaart_Ieper_2008_Organisatie.kmz.html

You will need Google Earth on your computer to actually see the stages.

Mirek
22nd April 2008, 23:38
I don't share Chryby's optimism, but we'll see :)

GTA
29th April 2008, 10:24
do not forget Bernd Casier...... also very fast in Iepers... ;)

Tom206wrc
6th May 2008, 17:43
54 candidates for the BFGoodrich drive at Ypres !!! :eek: :D

Here the list:
http://www.turbomagazine.be/des_infos.asp?id=9911&back=1

Tom206wrc
7th May 2008, 10:29
If my heart talks, it says "give the BFGoodrich drive for Ypres to Melissa Debackere" :bounce:

mousti
7th May 2008, 13:20
If my heart talks, it says "give the BFGoodrich drive for Ypres to Melissa Debackere" :bounce:
I prefere Claudie Tanghe because he's very fast with every car look at the results of the two rally's that he drove with C2 R2 MAX. He knows the stages perfect and won the historic rally last year so he would surprise many competitors there in Ypres. Also I would like to see Davy Vanneste it is a long time ago when I saw him in competition.

wwbroe
12th May 2008, 19:43
The timing for Ypres Westhoek Rally is now online at the web-site. :D

Abarth
12th May 2008, 21:29

She was impressive as long as the car held together in Wallonia, so I agree, let her have a go !

If not, my second choice is Snijers, he has tremendous car control, and would be fun to se in a 207 !

Sulland
12th May 2008, 21:42
How many Polo's will be on the startlist, and any more news on MG's ?

Both of them will boost up the Pug-Abarth sit we have now !

HaCo
13th May 2008, 19:46
For sure there will be two Polo's.

CEORacingLions
13th May 2008, 20:02
The previews entry list ?

Sulland
14th May 2008, 10:00
For sure there will be two Polo's.

I thought I read somehwere that Snijers could be driving one as well, if he does not get chosen for the BFG car ?

mousti
15th May 2008, 13:35
Snijers with the Polo are only rumours, normally as he will not be chosen BFG car he will drive the BMA Subaru N14.

Also Mark Higgins with the MG S2000 will start here.

@cricketsfilm: Fontana not driving with Renzo Casazza anymore in Ypres :confused:

Mirek
15th May 2008, 14:41
Great news if it is true ;)

wwbroe
15th May 2008, 16:52
Snijers with the Polo are only rumours, normally as he will not be chosen BFG car he will drive the BMA Subaru N14.

@cricketsfilm: Fontana not driving with Renzo Casazza anymore in Ypres :confused:

Musti, is the participation of Mark Higgins in the MG S2000 allready comfirmed? ;)

Madeira
15th May 2008, 17:30

According Corrado Fontana, Billy Casazza and Carlo Cassina will divide the co-driver seat this season. In the 1000 miglia rally, Casazza was there, maybe in Ypres could be Carlo Cassina...

CricketsFilm
15th May 2008, 17:32

... Renzo "Billy" Casazza will be to Croatia and Bulgaria, in other races Fontana will drives with Carlo Cassina, ex co-driver of Piero Liatti in WRC and always co-driver of Valentino Rossi.

mousti
16th May 2008, 08:42
Musti, is the participation of Mark Higgins in the MG S2000 allready comfirmed? ;)
Well the news came from the MG S2000 webmaster so I almost think that it's sure. He said also that he would drive Russia and Spain.

Madeira and Cricket: thanks for the info. :)

ern
17th May 2008, 12:34
Hello, any help for accomodation in Ypres for my son and I? Thank you!

ste898
17th May 2008, 15:40
I have a feeling this event will be so much more exciting than a WRC rally....how many stages are there?

mousti
17th May 2008, 19:40
I have a feeling this event will be so much more exciting than a WRC rally....how many stages are there?
It will be much more exciting than a WRC except maybe Deutschland, but there will be much International stars with very nice cars, and also our national start will come with very fast on the start there like always. The Historic Rally is also very exciting with some very fast drivers like Stouf, Vanwijnsberghe and maybe Tanghe and offcourse nice sideways action!!

There 18 stages, with Heuvelland the most important of them all 42.5 K's.

ste898
17th May 2008, 23:21
So 18 stages which is as many as the pathetic sardinia in WRC.......bring on Ypres!!!

c4
21st May 2008, 18:55
Looks like Roy White may be bringing his MG S2000 over according to paragraph below from www.rallynews.net (http://www.rallynews.net)

GpN on the Jim Clark should be equally interesting, but Roy White has decided to miss it, and indeed has given up on this year’s Championship. Roy still hasn’t the engine difficulty resolved with his MG yet, and plans now to just do a few selected rallies, with Donegal, Ypres and the Stonethrowers pencilled in. Roy reckons he has unfinished business in Ypres, as the last time he was there he had a monumental accident!

PLuto
23rd May 2008, 14:36
Luca Betti will start from Ypres with 207 S2000 from FR Special Cars.

mousti
23rd May 2008, 15:04
Luca Betti will start from Ypres with 207 S2000 from FR Special Cars.
Wow, that's good news I like more the S2000's than the Lancers and I think also that Betti will drive better in such car than a Group N car.

Sulland
24th May 2008, 11:42
I will be cheering for the Polo, MG and Abarth, and hopefully some of them can beat the 207 armada on this one, to show that they are not that superior.

If that is not happening soon, IRC and other S2000 venues will look like a 207 cup !

I am also very much looking forward to Bohemia Rally, to see the Fabia in anger for the first time, and to find out what times thay can do at this stage !

wwbroe
24th May 2008, 13:00
I will be cheering for the Polo, MG and Abarth, and hopefully some of them can beat the 207 armada on this one, to show that they are not that superior.

If that is not happening soon, IRC and other S2000 venues will look like a 207 cup !

I am also very much looking forward to Bohemia Rally, to see the Fabia in anger for the first time, and to find out what times thay can do at this stage !

Hi Sulland, it would be good if another make was taking a victory, but i doubt it will happen in Ypres. I do believe that Loix will be unbeatable if he don't hit any problems. I do hope he will have some luck at his side, because he allready had more than his share of troubles in the previous rally's. If it isn't going to be Loix, than i still think there are a lot of other Pug's who can fight for the win. The only possibility that i see, is that Duval would drive an official Punto for Abarth, then things might be looking different. :D

ProRally
24th May 2008, 14:11
Hi Sulland, it would be good if another make was taking a victory, but i doubt it will happen in Ypres. I do believe that Loix will be unbeatable if he don't hit any problems. I do hope he will have some luck at his side, because he allready had more than his share of troubles in the previous rally's. If it isn't going to be Loix, than i still think there are a lot of other Pug's who can fight for the win. The only possibility that i see, is that Duval would drive an official Punto for Abarth, then things might be looking different. :D

Loix will have puncture again... like in the other IRC event :)

Sulland
24th May 2008, 15:06
Hi
Dont really care so much about the victory at this stage, more on that the others can set top times on a few stages to show potential enough to get more teams interested in the Polo.

Casier and maybe Auquier should also know Ypres enough to challenge the top !

wwbroe
24th May 2008, 16:36
Hi
Dont really care so much about the victory at this stage, more on that the others can set top times on a few stages to show potential enough to get more teams interested in the Polo.

Casier and maybe Auquier should also know Ypres enough to challenge the top !

I'm also a fan of the Polo, but i honestly think that neither Casier or Auqier will be a challenger for victory. Casier wasn't so bad the previous years in Ypres, but to challenge for victory is asked a little too much i think. They are not going as fast with the Polo as Loix used to be. I hope the Polo have a great future though and i still find it a pity that Loix isn't driving it anymore. I think it could also be a question of reliability, because the Pug doesn't encounter problems to often. Let's wait and see, but don't get me wrong, i am also a fan of more make's contesting in the IRC. ;)

HaCo
24th May 2008, 16:48
Loix will have puncture again... like in the other IRC event :)

Yeah, Fast Freddy hasn't had the best luck this year :( If he could do it in Ypres, he could set a new record and take his 5th victory there. With his speed, he deserves it!

CEORacingLions
26th May 2008, 04:15
Really ? Betti with 207 S2000 confirmed ? 100% , 70% , 50% 0,5 % ? lol

Sulland
26th May 2008, 10:53
Really ? Betti with 207 S2000 confirmed ? 100% , 70% , 50% 0,5 % ? lol

Not on the list yet: http://www.ypresrally.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=105&Itemid=93 so at least not 100%

Rosetti not on either.

Anyone who knows why Rene Georges RS only entered Casier, is Auqier not driving this one ?

What date is the final list published ?

wwbroe
26th May 2008, 12:11
Not on the list yet: http://www.ypresrally.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=105&Itemid=93 so at least not 100%

Rosetti not on either.

Anyone who knows why Rene Georges RS only entered Casier, is Auqier not driving this one ?

What date is the final list published ?

Sulland, it still is a while before entries will be closed. They will be closed on friday 13th of june, and the entrylist will be published on monday 16th of june, so still time to make entries. :D
Normally Aucqier will be there, and maybe a third Polo of RGRS with Snijers if he doesn't win the drive for BF Goodrich off course.
So, don't worry, there are still a lot of entries who will come, i'm sure Rosetti and the rest will be there. ;)

RS
26th May 2008, 16:17

If the Fabia runs on Bohemia I think it will be as a zero car and we won't hear any times. If it all goes well though maybe Kopecky will start using it in IRC before the end of this year? It certainly looks strong in the testing videos.

Mirek
26th May 2008, 17:30
I would not be sure that we can't get times of zero car ;)

mousti
26th May 2008, 19:26
Normally Aucqier will be there, and maybe a third Polo of RGRS with Snijers if he doesn't win the drive for BF Goodrich off course.
So, don't worry, there are still a lot of entries who will come, i'm sure Rosetti and the rest will be there. ;)
I think when Snijers don't get the BFG drive that there's more chance that he drives the BMA Subaru N14 then the Polo because that was the original plan.

Also Auqueir will start for sure also Rosetti because I thought he officially confirmed to start here.

Is there any news of Travaglia will he start in Ypres?

RS
26th May 2008, 20:14
]I would not be sure that we can't get times of zero car ;)

But Jan could quite easily ease off before the end of each stage to ensure nobody can find out. Unless Czech rallies provide split timing?

Anyhow Mirek, what do you think about the possibility of seeing Jan compete the second half of this years IRC with the Fabia? He says he only has the budget for the first 4 events so far, but Skoda are still listed as one of his partners...

ProRally
26th May 2008, 20:39
I think when Snijers don't get the BFG drive that there's more chance that he drives the BMA Subaru N14 then the Polo because that was the original plan.

Also Auqueir will start for sure also Rosetti because I thought he officially confirmed to start here.

Is there any news of Travaglia will he start in Ypres?

Unfortunatly not 1 N14 has been working correctly....

Just read the 'report' the young russian who is PD main customer has to say about 'N14' even SWRT where trying to fix it in Argentina, no result.
Nasser in Argentina , no result...

I can name others, but lets start with those....

Mirek
26th May 2008, 20:41
RS: We are offtopic ;) There were splits tested on Rally Cesky Krumlov but I don't expect them on Bohemia. At least there is GPS tracking in all cars in Czech championship and maybe...

I can't answer the second question, sorry.

Karbonyl
26th May 2008, 20:46
We don't have split times in Czech rallyes, but some of us are timekeepers MUHAHAHA :-D

PLuto
26th May 2008, 22:21
Yes, Rossetti will be in Ypres. And about Betti - if you dont believe, you can hear interview with him on INA Croatia Delta Rally on official ERC pages ;)

mousti
26th May 2008, 22:25
Yes, Rossetti will be in Ypres. And about Betti - if you dont believe, you can hear interview with him on INA Croatia Delta Rally on official ERC pages ;)
I thought so good news then.

mousti
26th May 2008, 22:27
Unfortunatly not 1 N14 has been working correctly....

Just read the 'report' the young russian who is PD main customer has to say about 'N14' even SWRT where trying to fix it in Argentina, no result.
Nasser in Argentina , no result...

I can name others, but lets start with those....
Though I heard this weekend from a British pilot I think that he says that the N14 has good improvement on Asphalt.

wwbroe
27th May 2008, 12:47
So tomorrow the five final contenders for the BF Goodrich Peugeot will be selected from the 55 entries they received. Who do you think will be amongst them? My vote's go to: Snijers Patrick, Tsjoen Pieter, Debackere Melissa, Van Woensel Chris and Tanghe Claudie. Let's wait and see tomorrow what will be the results. :D

sal
27th May 2008, 15:38
Though I heard this weekend from a British pilot I think that he says that the N14 has good improvement on Asphalt.

Below are the finishing places of the top 3 non WRC crews on the Jim Clark Rally at the weekend (closed tarmac roads) Makes interesting comparison Miggins in the "old" 4 door Impreza, Stuart Jones in an S2000 MG and Diggins in the new hatchback Impreza.

3 14 MARK HIGGINS
RORY KENNEDY SUBARU IMPREZA R4 1 2:07:57.0 2:07:57.0 +4:26.9
(+3:30.0)

4 15 STUART JONES
ANDY BULL MG S2000 SPORT R4 2 2:10:23.0 2:10:23.0 +6:52.9
(+2:26.0)

5 11 DAVID HIGGINS
IEUAN THOMAS SUBARU IMPREZA R4 3 2:11:04.7 2:11:04.7 +7:34

wwbroe
27th May 2008, 15:51
We will see if the N14 has improved on asphalt. Snijers will contest the Wervik Rally, two weeks before Ypres with the BMA Subaru N14. If the car is improved, i am sure Snijers will be a good contender. I think he will decide after this "test" if he will use the car in Ypres, or he will use an alternative (maybe Polo S2000). That is off-course if he doesn't win the drive in BF Goodrich Pug. ;)

mousti
27th May 2008, 18:16
We will see if the N14 has improved on asphalt. Snijers will contest the Wervik Rally, two weeks before Ypres with the BMA Subaru N14. If the car is improved, i am sure Snijers will be a good contender. I think he will decide after this "test" if he will use the car in Ypres, or he will use an alternative (maybe Polo S2000). That is off-course if he doesn't win the drive in BF Goodrich Pug. ;)
Or maybe the Punto from Tsjoen

Sulland
27th May 2008, 19:25
So tomorrow the five final contenders for the BF Goodrich Peugeot will be selected from the 55 entries they received. Who do you think will be amongst them? My vote's go to: Snijers Patrick, Tsjoen Pieter, Debackere Melissa, Van Woensel Chris and Tanghe Claudie. Let's wait and see tomorrow what will be the results. :D

My bet is miss Debackere. Will she then be the first Female S2000 driver ?

She is quick in the Corolla, so why not in the pug ?

I would as I have written before loved to see Snijers in a S2000, he will be the man to get the last bit of juice out of it !

urabus-denoS2000
27th May 2008, 20:45
I would love to see Melissa Debackere.She is fast but most of all she is female and that might bring BFGoodrich some positive comments and sympathy!!!

wwbroe
28th May 2008, 02:55
I am sure Melissa Debackere would be a good choice from a promotional point of vieuw, but i doubt she has the necessary speed to drive a S2000 car, wich requires another driving style then the one you need to drive a WRC. If she does win the BF Goodrich drive, i guess we will soon find out if i'm wrong or right. If not she will enter Ypres with a Mitsu Evo9 in the colours of Crack. She will be driving this car allready two weeks earlier in Rally of Wervik, where the stage's are comparable with the ones of Ypres. ;)

Juha
28th May 2008, 10:50
It's just been confirmed that Snijers will drive the peugeot.

wwbroe
28th May 2008, 12:42
Yes, it is true, the five chosen drivers were: Snijers Patrick, Debackere Melissa, Tsjoen Pieter, Cartelle Olivier and Romain Alexandre and they got this points of the jury:

Snijers: 8 points
Romain: 4 points
Tsjoen: 3 points
Debackere: 2 points
Cartelle: 2 points

I think it is the right choice, alltough it is again a driver that is fifty years old, but he sure still has the talent and motivation of a twenty year old. I am also sure he has the right speed, it will be also his 30th participation in Ypres, so he sure has the experimentation over there. He is also a recordholder in Ypres with four wins, together with Loix, Stapelaere and Droogmans.
If he will be able to contest for a fifth victory remains to be seen off-course but i think he surely is capable of it. ;)

Tom206wrc
28th May 2008, 13:08
Congratulations to Patrick Snijers !!! :D

Sulland
28th May 2008, 13:42
Congratulations to Patrick Snijers !!! :D

I Echo that.

Hopefully he will have some testing time in the car before the rally !!

Snijers might be a big surprize on Ypres !!!

Tom206wrc
28th May 2008, 13:59
Campos had some test before Rali de Portugal, so I guess it'll be the same for Snijers ;)

GTA
28th May 2008, 14:10
Sorry but i think the BF drivers thing is not correct at all, they presented it as a good opportunity for young Talents in Countrys to get a chance to drive a top Car in a top team and for now the choice have been on 2 country's ex champions ! Campos and Snijers are not new Talents, or winners of a certain Challenge..... i would prefer to see a young talented driver from each country get a chance.... Only my opinion... and do not get me wrong, i have nothing agains Patrick, only do not agree with the BF system to choose a driver...

HaCo
28th May 2008, 15:46
GTA, it was not for young drivers only. They are looking for people who drive the sport, who get spectators to the stages and eventually young tallents.
But I agree with you, I prefer as well a young talent. I think the result will be the same for Snijers as it was for Campos, missing speed in a modern and specific rally car.

CEORacingLions
28th May 2008, 16:05
Sorry but i think the BF drivers thing is not correct at all, they presented it as a good opportunity for young Talents in Countrys to get a chance to drive a top Car in a top team and for now the choice have been on 2 country's ex champions ! Campos and Snijers are not new Talents, or winners of a certain Challenge..... i would prefer to see a young talented driver from each country get a chance.... Only my opinion... and do not get me wrong, i have nothing agains Patrick, only do not agree with the BF system to choose a driver...

That's it !!

Madeira
28th May 2008, 18:44
Patrick Snijers?? that is a surprise!! My bet was P Tsjoen.
I hope that Snjiers can show a little bit more of competitiveness than Miguel Campos has showed in Portugal...

Tom206wrc
28th May 2008, 19:06
I bet if the Kronos/BFGoodrich deal is for next year too, we would have François Delecour in the BFG 207 at the 2009 Rallye Monte-Carlo :p :

CEORacingLions
28th May 2008, 19:09
Tom206wrc i think is Panizzi if he doesn't have a project to end of this year or next.

mousti
28th May 2008, 20:59
I Echo that.

Hopefully he will have some testing time in the car before the rally !!

Snijers might be a big surprize on Ypres !!!
There is a test planned with Kronos soon.

Also my oppinion of the chose is I love to see Snijers driving, but I wanted to have a pilot that hadn't a program for Ypres, like Tanghe, Van Woensel Tsjoen and others

Mirek
28th May 2008, 21:38
Hungarian Robert Bútor should be in Ypres, Barum and Valais with factory Suzuki Swift S1600.

urabus-denoS2000
28th May 2008, 21:48
I have nothing against Snijeres,hes a true legend af the sport and he is the fastest they could get.And I know that this competition isnt only for young drivers...
But another "young and promising" talent....This one is REALLY young...

wwbroe
28th May 2008, 21:53
]Hungarian Robert Bútor should be in Ypres, Barum and Valais with factory Suzuki Swift S1600.

That seems to be right Mirek, he is on the updated provisional entrylist since today. There are now 51 entries on the list, but untill now there are only seven S2000 on the list, but i am sure there will come a lot more. Kopecky also on the list since today. ;)

mousti
28th May 2008, 22:45
That seems to be right Mirek, he is on the updated provisional entrylist since today. There are now 51 entries on the list, but untill now there are only seven S2000 on the list, but i am sure there will come a lot more. Kopecky also on the list since today. ;)
Normally there will be more S2000 then last year. I heard also that 2 Dutchmen Kuipers Jr and Kevin Abbring will also drive in Ypres.

wwbroe
28th May 2008, 23:17
I think we will see a great entry of S2000 cars in Ypres, maybe even the best entry so far. The one's that are allready on the entrylist or sure to be on it:
Loix, Vouilloz, Snijers, Aucqier, Casier, Kopecky, Toth, Alen, Basso, Fontana, Isik, and Rosetti. That is allready twelve who will be certainly there. Then i want to mention the possible entries, some are rumours, some are almost certainties:
Sola, Tiribassi, Betti, Solowow, Travaglia, Tsjoen, Auriol, Kosciuzko, White, Higgins, Kuypers, Allbring and you never know Duval.
So besides the fact that there will be a lot of entries in S2000 cars, there's also the fact that there will be a lot of different makes for the first time, including the Polo and maybe the MG. So let's wait and see how many of these possible entries will become truth in the coming days. :D

Mirek
28th May 2008, 23:56
Don't forget good drivers without S2000 as Princen or Van den Heuvel (from recent entry) ;)

wwbroe
29th May 2008, 00:12
]Don't forget good drivers without S2000 as Princen or Van den Heuvel (from recent entry) ;)

Yes Mirek, you are right once again, there will be also a lot of good Gr. N entries, it will be nice to see if they will be capable of beating the S2000 cars. As Snijers is driving the BF Goodrich Pug, the second car of BMA will be driven by Munster himself. The other N14 of BMA will be in the hands of Dominique Bruyneel. But as you said, maybe Princen and Van den Heuvel will be the most dangerous contenders for the S2000 entries. :)

mousti
29th May 2008, 06:18
Yes Mirek, you are right once again, there will be also a lot of good Gr. N entries, it will be nice to see if they will be capable of beating the S2000 cars. As Snijers is driving the BF Goodrich Pug, the second car of BMA will be driven by Munster himself. The other N14 of BMA will be in the hands of Dominique Bruyneel. But as you said, maybe Princen and Van den Heuvel will be the most dangerous contenders for the S2000 entries. :)
There is also a third Sub from BMA who can be rented for Ypres. Also I want to see what Polle Lietaer can do in a Lancer.

Tom206wrc
29th May 2008, 10:11
Michal Kosciusko will run at Ypres ?? In the second TRT 207(like in Poland) ??? :confused:

wwbroe
29th May 2008, 13:30
Michal Kosciusko will run at Ypres ?? In the second TRT 207(like in Poland) ??? :confused:

It is only a rumour Tom, so nothing sure yet. He did start in Ypres before, so let's wait and see. :p

HaCo
29th May 2008, 16:07
To have an idea who could start in Ypres, have a look here:
http://www.autosportforum.be/showpost.php?p=77775&postcount=1105

Tom206wrc
30th May 2008, 00:02
Betti was already given in 207 at Delta Croatia Rally(ERC) but finally opted for a Mitsu GrN... :mark:

PLuto
30th May 2008, 00:24
Betti was already given in 207 at Delta Croatia Rally(ERC) but finally opted for a Mitsu GrN... :mark:

Tom, listen my interview with Luca in Croatia and you will know, why he wasnt starting there with S2000 and about his future.

wwbroe
30th May 2008, 18:38
Provisional entrylist is updated, there are now 63 entries on the list and allready twelve S2000 cars. Also in Gr.N the entries are coming in and it will be also nice battle i think. :D

Tom206wrc
2nd June 2008, 13:44
Now 70 entries ;)

But no more S2000s :mark:

mousti
2nd June 2008, 21:15
Timothy Van Parijs will start with the third N14 of BMA he will test the car first in his own trophy in the Rally of Wervik.

[Madeira-Rally]
3rd June 2008, 05:54
Like last year, Ypres promisse to be one of the TOP IRC rallys!

Sulland
3rd June 2008, 16:29
Would Melissa Debackere in a Polo S2000 be a good idea ?

Maybe someone could tip off her sponsors ;)

HaCo
3rd June 2008, 16:41

I don't know. It's all a bit sensitive, which is logic. Her friend died in that car not so long ago. I knew she had it very difficult in the second round, the TAC rally, where she asked not to start behind Bernd Casier, because of that.

It would be nice to see her in a car that could be able to win the rally, but I have my doubts about her speed to be honest. It's a pitty Cols is not there, he could be a real thread for others for victory. But he is recovering and I hope to see him behind the wheel one day again.

There are other fast Belgians who could try the Polo, why not Claudie Tanghe for example?

sal
3rd June 2008, 16:46
Timothy Van Parijs will start with the third N14 of BMA he will test the car first in his own trophy in the Rally of Wervik.

Nice to see his name mentioned again after his bad accident in the Porsche.

wwbroe
3rd June 2008, 20:19

Mousti, it seems like it won't be the N14 car but an older Subbie of 2006 (N12), but still coming from BMA. I thought they sold all their N12 Subaru's, so i don't know where this one is suddenly coming from. ;)

wwbroe
3rd June 2008, 20:22

She will normally start with a Mitsu Evo 9, she is allready testing this car in Rally Wervik, next week. It will be a two car team with Lietaer and sponsored by their usual sponsor Crack. I for sure would like to see what she is capable of in the Polo S2000, but i don't think it will be in this years Ypres rally. ;)

mousti
4th June 2008, 11:40
Nice to see his name mentioned again after his bad accident in the Porsche.
It's not a comeback or something after that very bad accident he. He already drove much rallies after that accident with the Porsche. But mostly he don't look for a good classification he wants just give the audience what they want sideways spectacle. :D

wwbroe
4th June 2008, 14:27
Entrylist updated and allready 80 teams on it, with 14 S2000 cars for the moment. Nice to see that Mark Higgins will be there with the MG S2000. So we have all the actual S2000 cars at the start. Also on the list is Bettega with a Honda Civic R3. Still waiting for Aucqier and Rosetti to appear on the list, but i am sure they will come soon. ;)

mousti
4th June 2008, 15:41
Entrylist updated and allready 80 teams on it, with 14 S2000 cars for the moment. Nice to see that Mark Higgins will be there with the MG S2000. So we have all the actual S2000 cars at the start. Also on the list is Bettega with a Honda Civic R3. Still waiting for Aucqier and Rosetti to appear on the list, but i am sure they will come soon. ;)
And also Betti and Kuipers. Betti is sure don't know it from Kuipers.

Tom206wrc
4th June 2008, 16:16
And Kosciuszko if the rumour is true :D

Note also Brice Tirabassi added on the list ;)

wwbroe
4th June 2008, 18:04
Travaglia also on the entrylist, and now 15 S2000 cars. :D

HaCo
4th June 2008, 18:23
Princen switches from Mitsu N4 to Clio R3 this rally. I bet some S2000 will have a hard time with this combo! Princen is allways spectacular in his clio!! Pitty Renault didn't subscribe to the IRC.

CEORacingLions
4th June 2008, 22:31
Travaglia in ? 100% confirm ?

fdebruyne
4th June 2008, 23:13
Yes,

Travaglia is 100% sure. (but what is 100% sure in life?)
Everything needed for entry is complete.

HaCo
5th June 2008, 18:24
Marc Higgins with ZR S2000 confirmed. :D

mousti
5th June 2008, 20:51
Jaan Mölder is also now on the entry list :)

There is no chance anymora that Kuipers Jr will start in Ypres because he sold already after a few rallies his 207 S2000. :(

pucky54
6th June 2008, 11:28
There is no chance anymora that Kuipers Jr will start in Ypres because he sold already after a few rallies his 207 S2000. :(

do you know what his plans are?

mousti
6th June 2008, 12:40
do you know what his plans are?
No, but maybe he'll drive the S12 or the Focus WRC from Wevers Sport in the next Dutch rally.

Tom206wrc
6th June 2008, 12:48

Who is the new owner ??? :confused:

mousti
9th June 2008, 22:20
Bernard Munster tested with the Impreza N14 today

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5q15g_test-bernard-munster_auto

Big Bernie and the car were superb :eek: !! :D

wwbroe
9th June 2008, 23:26
The entrylist is updated again. There are now 90 teams on the provisional entrylist and with Lucca Betti on the list now with a peugeot 207 S2000, there are now 16 S2000 cars on the list. I still miss Rosetti and Aucqier on the list, but it doesn't close untill fridaynight, so let's wait and hope that they will also be there. :D

Tom206wrc
10th June 2008, 00:27
About Kosciuszko it looks he won't be there after his big crash at Rajd Polski this week-end(car from TRT badly damaged) :s

mousti
10th June 2008, 06:22
About Kosciuszko it looks he won't be there after his big crash at Rajd Polski this week-end(car from TRT badly damaged) :s
It was a very small rumor with Kosciuszko maybe driving in Ypres. So its not so bad really for me. Its more bad for him with that chrash destroying the car.

Karbonyl
10th June 2008, 09:51
I don't know why but I though he should have enter with S1600 car...

sal
10th June 2008, 14:10
The historic event will be well worth watching especially with Marc Duez in one of these!

http://www.slcracing.eu/en/default.aspx

PLuto
10th June 2008, 16:05
The entrylist is updated again. There are now 90 teams on the provisional entrylist and with Lucca Betti on the list now with a peugeot 207 S2000, there are now 16 S2000 cars on the list. I still miss Rosetti and Aucqier on the list, but it doesn't close untill fridaynight, so let's wait and hope that they will also be there. :D

Yes, they will be there.

PLuto
10th June 2008, 16:07
It was a very small rumor with Kosciuszko maybe driving in Ypres. So its not so bad really for me. Its more bad for him with that chrash destroying the car.

Karbonyl is true, if Kosciuszko wanted to start in Ypres, it wont be with Pug, but with Suzuki (like Molder).

GTA
10th June 2008, 18:53
Casier and Auquier are both entered in the rally with the Polo S2000.....

mousti
10th June 2008, 19:57
Karbonyl is true, if Kosciuszko wanted to start in Ypres, it wont be with Pug, but with Suzuki (like Molder).
Has he still the Suzuki assistance now he drives with the 207 S2000?

Mirek
10th June 2008, 20:03
Kosciuszko is Suzuki Sport works driver in JWRC (he won Sardinia) and in Polish rallys he starts with 207 S2000 from Tagai.

wwbroe
10th June 2008, 20:29
Aucqier is now also on the (provisional) entrylist, so that makes 17 S2000 cars. The only one still missing is championship leader Rosetti but i am sure he will be there. Also on the list now Lietaer and Debackere, both with Crack sponsoring and both with Mitsubishi Evo 9. ;)

Sulland
10th June 2008, 22:39
Casier and Auquier are both entered in the rally with the Polo S2000.....

Is there, or has it ever been any plans of a third Polo ?

urabus-denoS2000
10th June 2008, 22:46
Marco Caviglioli will start in the new 2008 spec Fiat Grande Punto R3D

http://www.rallye-info.com/article.asp?sid=0&stid=7038

Tom206wrc
11th June 2008, 09:50
New update(95 entries)and no Rossetti yet...I'm worrying :confused:

Karbonyl
11th June 2008, 10:32
Is there, or has it ever been any plans of a third Polo ?I think one of Polos wanted to run Snijers, but he has now the BF PUGrich :)

c4
11th June 2008, 11:29
Roy White has entered his MG ZR S2000 according to this.

Scroll down
http://rallynews.net/News/news08/June08/irishnotes11.06.08.html

mousti
11th June 2008, 18:31
New update(95 entries)and no Rossetti yet...I'm worrying :confused:
Yeah I find it weird because I think it was in Turkey that he said he would start in Ypres. Nobody has his e-mail to aks of he starts or not? :p

GTA
12th June 2008, 08:49
I think one of Polos wanted to run Snijers, but he has now the BF PUGrich :)

info is correct, there is a 3rd car ready... but no driver found with budget at the moment.... ;)

PLuto
12th June 2008, 09:28
Yeah I find it weird because I think it was in Turkey that he said he would start in Ypres. Nobody has his e-mail to aks of he starts or not? :p

Be quiet, he will start in Ypres.

mousti
12th June 2008, 11:44
Be quiet, he will start in Ypres.
Haha so easy was it to know from somebody that he'll be there :D

wwbroe
12th June 2008, 12:30
Rosetti is now on the provisional entrylist, so don't worry. :bounce: :bounce:

mousti
12th June 2008, 13:40
Rosetti is now on the provisional entrylist, so don't worry. :bounce: :bounce:
I didn't worry, I wanted only his entry :D

Tom206wrc
12th June 2008, 13:45
I feel more relax now he's entered :p :

I guess that's it about S2000 drivers at Ypres, we have 20 cars :confused:

wwbroe
12th June 2008, 14:06
I feel more relax now he's entered :p :

I guess that's it about S2000 drivers at Ypres, we have 20 cars :confused:

I think we have eighteen on the provisional entrylist Tom, and the entries will close tomorrow at midnight. ;)

mousti
12th June 2008, 14:39
I think we have eighteen on the provisional entrylist Tom, and the entries will close tomorrow at midnight. ;)
Maybe 19 with Roy White, because they said he sended his entry

c4
12th June 2008, 14:51
Niall McShea states has a deal to run a Syms Subaru on the event to gauge the pace of the S2000's (although not on entry yet). This is to prepare himself for hopefully using the Polo later in the year and perhaps a full programme next year to include Rally Ireland.

wwbroe
12th June 2008, 15:02
I just heard that not all the stages for Ypres are approved by the governor off Flanders, so maybe there will be some changes at the last moment. :mad:

mousti
12th June 2008, 16:06
Niall McShea states has a deal to run a Syms Subaru on the event to gauge the pace of the S2000's (although not on entry yet). This is to prepare himself for hopefully using the Polo later in the year and perhaps a full programme next year to include Rally Ireland.
Well he must be fast with that entry then tomorrow night is the entry deadline.

@ WWBroe: It's still a rumor but I wouldn't be surprised because the governer is a stubborn farmer. But it would be still weird because the rally is in 2 weeks.

Alink2
13th June 2008, 08:11
I just had an email from Luca Rossetti saying he would see me in ypres

wwbroe
14th June 2008, 09:08
So guys, normally the entries are closed now, but you never know what could happen still this weekend. There are 99 teams on the provisional entrylist, with 18 S2000 cars and a lot of potent Gr.N Mitsu's, and also a fieuw very good S1600's. Still hearing rumours that Tsjoen and White would be entered, and also McShea with a Gr.N Subbie, but all this is unofficial. ;)

Let's also not forget the Historics, with also about hundred cars on the entrylist and some very potent one's like Droogmans with the Escort BDA MK2, with this car Snijers won the Boucles de Spa legends. Also Marc Duez with a Mercedes 500, and a lot of other's that are capable of a win. I think it will be quite exciting watching some stages to see them pass.

Tom206wrc
14th June 2008, 09:36
What car Tsjoen would have ??? :confused:

wwbroe
14th June 2008, 10:05
What car Tsjoen would have ??? :confused:

I don't have any idea really Tom, it is just a rumour, but his formar co-driver (Chevaillier) has been seen on the stages. If he should compete i guess it would be with the Punto that he still owns.(it still is in the workshop of Fabio Lanzarinni of R-Tec). I think we will need to wait untill mondayevening to know if he will drive or not. ;)

wwbroe
14th June 2008, 23:00
One hundred entries on the list now, with Marcel Piepers entry in a Honda Civic R3.

c4
14th June 2008, 23:06
Is the list final or is there still a chance for White and McShea to appear on it?

Mirek
14th June 2008, 23:34
One hundred entries on the list now, with Marcel Piepers entry in a Honda Civic R3.

There will be a big fight in 2WD category! (probably behind Princen :D )

wwbroe
15th June 2008, 07:02
Is the list final or is there still a chance for White and McShea to appear on it?

Normally the entries are closed since friday at midnight, but i guess you never know what could still happen this weekend. They added still Piepers on the list yesterday, so i don't know if it is really final yet. :D

wwbroe
15th June 2008, 07:03
]There will be a big fight in 2WD category! (probably behind Princen :D )

Yes, you are right Mirek, it will be big fight, but i don't think anybody will be capable of beating Princen. (just like you said it) :p :

ProRally
15th June 2008, 08:05

The new model or the old model Subaru ?
But seems to be late as entries closed and he is not on the list 'yet'...

m.lowe
15th June 2008, 09:00
I cant wait to see the MG S2000 on the Belgian lanes from Eurosport's coverage

urabus-denoS2000
15th June 2008, 11:08
I cant wait to see the MG S2000 on the Belgian lanes from Eurosport's coverage

I dont think you will see it because MG isnt a registered manufacter and never show (they didnt show Conrad when he won with a Subaru in Safari last year,nor Burri who was on the pace and 4th overall at some point in Valais)

c4
15th June 2008, 11:12
The new model or the old model Subaru ?
But seems to be late as entries closed and he is not on the list 'yet'...

The old N12B according to MSN.

wwbroe
15th June 2008, 11:23
I dont think you will see it because MG isnt a registered manufacter and never show (they didnt show Conrad when he won with a Subaru in Safari last year,nor Burri who was on the pace and 4th overall at some point in Valais)

But i for sure will see it in action as i will be watching it on the stages, at scruteneering and hopefully at the finish. :D

urabus-denoS2000
15th June 2008, 11:24
But i for sure will see it in action as i will be watching it on the stages, at scruteneering and hopefully at the finish. :D

Lucky you!!!

Sulland
16th June 2008, 21:42
9 Peugeot 207: Betti, Kopecky, Loix, Rossetti, Snijers, Solowow, Tirabassi, Toth, Vouilloz
6 Abarth Grande Punto : Alen, Basso, Fontana, Isik, Sola, Travaglia
2 Volkswagen Polo : Auquier, Casier
1 MG ZR : Higgins.

We are also hoping that the ‘normal' Gr.N cars will be able to give these top cars a run for their money. The main competitors here are : Mitsubishi Lancer Evo9: Bruneel, Debackere, Lietaer, Lhonnay, Romain, Snaet, Van den Heuvel, and maybe the youngster Langenakens, who was very promising on his two last outings Subaru Impreza : Bruyneel, Munster, Van Parijs.

Finally, there will be a stiff fight in R3 (or 2WD) with :
5 Renault Clio R3 : de Winkel, Lauwaert, Princen, Schammel, Servais
2 Fiat Grande Punto JTD : Cavigioli, Pisi
2 Honda Civic Type R R3 : Bettega, Piepers.

Number of teams: 100

c4
16th June 2008, 22:49
Marc Duez will unfortunately miss the Historics in the Merc as recently injured in a road accident.
http://www.gpweek.com/

wwbroe
17th June 2008, 05:25
Marc Duez will unfortunately miss the Historics in the Merc as recently injured in a road accident.
http://www.gpweek.com/

Are you sure about this, because the accident he had happened last week, and he drove the Merc in Wervik two days ago, so i wonder why he shouldn't drive in Ypres? :mad:

mousti
17th June 2008, 09:43
Are you sure about this, because the accident he had happened last week, and he drove the Merc in Wervik two days ago, so i wonder why he shouldn't drive in Ypres? :mad:
I'm almost sure he'll start, but I was very dissapointed in the car coz they said we want top 3 in Ypres, I know this would not happen but I expected that the performances would be better. An auto gearbox is not good for such car and driver.

c4
17th June 2008, 10:33

Just going by what http://www.gpweek.com/ said this week, states he will miss three rallies including Ypres. Hopefully he will be there if is back behind the wheel already. Historic Ypres entry is intriguing with the Mercs etc.

[Madeira-Rally]
17th June 2008, 15:57
What a great list of drivers to compete in Ypres...
I'm curious to see what Snijers can do against young S2000 drivers..
I hope he can do a brilliant race... and show how to properly drive a rally car ;)

wwbroe
17th June 2008, 16:58
This should be the first 40 numbers at the start:
1.Fontana
2.Vouilloz
3.Isik
4.Kopecky
5.Travaglia
6.Basso
7.Betti
8.Sola
9.Loix
10.Higgins
11.Mc Shea
12.Van Den Heuvel
14.Rossetti
15.Solowow
16.Alen
17.Snijers
18.Tirabassi
19.Casier
20.Lietar
21.Aucquier
22.Toth
23.Lhonnay
24.Bruyneel
25.Romain
26.Moolder
27.Princen
28.Tlustak
29.munster
30.Van Parijs
31.Debackere
32.Butor
33.Burkart
34.Bettega
35.Cavigioli
36.Schammel
37.Vosalho
38.Barbier
39.Lauwaert
40.Langenakens

As you can see, McShea is entered at the very latest minute and will be driving Subaru N12. ;)

Mirek
17th June 2008, 17:15
Strange numbers in some cases. I don't care about low numbers as there will be 2 minutes between drivers. But on that huge 40 km stage Princen might have to pass Mölder or maybe Münster Tlusťák. I also don't understand why Loix isn't upper in the list in order of having cleaner roads.

HaCo
17th June 2008, 17:21
Just going by what http://www.gpweek.com/ said this week, states he will miss three rallies including Ypres. Hopefully he will be there if is back behind the wheel already. Historic Ypres entry is intriguing with the Mercs etc.
This is info is not correct, I saw Duez rallying last saturday. How stupid rumours can become storys.
http://www.rallylovers.be/Foto/2008/David%20Dochy/12%20uren%20van%20Wervik/8.JPG

The 42kms stage is only on day two, we have a new starting order by then. I did the 42km stage last weekend by car. It's amazing how long the stage is, I wonder how many corner it has.

Tom206wrc
17th June 2008, 17:47
This should be the first 40 numbers at the start:
1.Fontana
2.Vouilloz
3.Isik
4.Kopecky
5.Travaglia
6.Basso
7.Betti
8.Sola
9.Loix
10.Higgins
11.Mc Shea
12.Van Den Heuvel
14.Rossetti
15.Solowow
16.Alen
17.Snijers
18.Tirabassi
19.Casier
20.Lietar
21.Aucquier
22.Toth
23.Lhonnay
24.Bruyneel
25.Romain
26.Moolder
27.Princen
28.Tlustak
29.munster
30.Van Parijs
31.Debackere
32.Butor
33.Burkart
34.Bettega
35.Cavigioli
36.Schammel
37.Vosalho
38.Barbier
39.Lauwaert
40.Langenakens

As you can see, McShea is entered at the very latest minute and will be driving Subaru N12. ;)

And no 2nd MG S2000 on the list ??? :mark:

wwbroe
17th June 2008, 18:37
]Strange numbers in some cases. I don't care about low numbers as there will be 2 minutes between drivers. But on that huge 40 km stage Princen might have to pass Mölder or maybe Münster Tlusťák. I also don't understand why Loix isn't upper in the list in order of having cleaner roads.

Yes Mirek, you are right once again. I find some numbers rather strange, like Vouilloz who is getting nr2, where in Turkie and Portugal he had 12 and 14. Rosetti on the other hand, who won here last year has only no14. Normally they should make up the list according to FIA-priority's, but i don't think this is the case. For example Van den Heuvel has no12, while Alen and Snijers have 16 and 17, hard to understand. Betti has number 7 allthough he has no priority to my knowledge. I completely agree with you that it is a strange kind of numbering. :eek:

wwbroe
17th June 2008, 18:39
And no 2nd MG S2000 on the list ??? :mark:

No Tom, Roy White doesn't seem to be entered. Also no Tsjoen, alltough there were strong rumours that he might be there. ;)

Mirek
17th June 2008, 18:41
Vouilloz has now FIA B priority. As expected he requested priority after gravel rallys where it would be negative for him. I think Betti has FIA B priority as well. Rossetti doesn't have FIA B. The list must be done with FIA B infront ;)

mousti
17th June 2008, 19:50
]Vouilloz has now FIA B priority. As expected he requested priority after gravel rallys where it would be negative for him. I think Betti has FIA B priority as well. Rossetti doesn't have FIA B. The list must be done with FIA B infront ;)
That's why Fontana has nr. 1 coz of the priority and leadership of the ERC champ. Rossetti is first non priority coz of the leadership in IRC. :)

wwbroe
17th June 2008, 20:38
That's why Fontana has nr. 1 coz of the priority and leadership of the ERC champ. Rossetti is first non priority coz of the leadership in IRC. :)

Ok, you are right Mousti, but what about Van den Heuvel, he doesn't have any priority, does he? Not to my knowledge anyway and i am not sure about McShea too. :confused:

wwbroe
17th June 2008, 20:42
Tomorrow Kronos will be testing with Snijers and Loix in the neighbourhood of Komen (Cominnes) in West-Flandres. I will be there for sure to find out how Snijers will do in the Pug. :D

PuddleJumper
17th June 2008, 20:50
Does anyone know when the official entry list will be published?

mousti
17th June 2008, 21:04
Ok, you are right Mousti, but what about Van den Heuvel, he doesn't have any priority, does he? Not to my knowledge anyway and i am not sure about McShea too. :confused:
Van den Heuvel has priority and I think McShea too.

wwbroe
17th June 2008, 21:40
Van den Heuvel has priority and I think McShea too.

Yes Mousti, you are right, here is the complete entrylist with seeded and not-seeded drivers:

http://rapidshare.com/files/123171971/List_of_entries_in_seeded_order.pdf.html

[Madeira-Rally]
18th June 2008, 00:22
Tomorrow Kronos will be testing with Snijers and Loix in the neighbourhood of Komen (Cominnes) in West-Flandres. I will be there for sure to find out how Snijers will do in the Pug. :D

A video and pics would be fantastic..
I'm curious to see a guy with 50 years old in a new car... I think he will perform better than Auriol with the Punto...

MG Rally
18th June 2008, 00:45
Does anyone know when the official entry list will be published?
It was released yesterday - http://www.ypresrally.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=105&Itemid=93

Wim_Impreza
18th June 2008, 12:04

Rossetti is the leader in ERC, not Fontana. ;)

Henk Vossen has also a very bad starting number.

[Madeira-Rally]
18th June 2008, 13:45
It's a tarmac rally... the number's aren't so important as if it was a gravel rally

But if fog appear it may cause some disturb in the standings in the first day of the rally...

HaCo
18th June 2008, 16:24
Loix and Snijers tested today:
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee320/WRCKE/DSCN1815.jpg
Check for more pics: http://www.autosportforum.be/showthread.php?t=511&page=180

HaCo
18th June 2008, 16:56
I read from users on rallyforums that where also at the test, that Snijers adapted very fast to the 207 and that both driver (Loix and Snijers) showed impressive passages!

wwbroe
18th June 2008, 18:00
I just came home from the tests and i must also say that i was impressed by both drivers speed. I allready knew that Loix would be quick, but also Snijers adapted rather quick to the Peugeot S2000. In the beginning off the day he was too much sideways and not high enough in the revs, but in the afternoon his passages were almost as quick as those of Loix. Both drivers were very satisfied with the test that took place on a rather representative stage near Komen. ;)

wwbroe
18th June 2008, 18:45
Here you can find a little video of the tests of today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQCI6b9sgnI

HaCo
18th June 2008, 19:32
Here is another video:
http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid155905698/bclid155898705/bctid1614766563

HaCo
18th June 2008, 19:38
There is still this governer that is giving negative advise about the rally passing through villages. This is such a big event for the region and for the Belgian rallysport, still there are some politicians who think that they need to profile themselfes. I will not vote for his partie (and never did before) and I hope all rallyfans will do the same!

karlzoro
19th June 2008, 08:54
Hello,

you can see some nice pictures from Snijers in his BF Goodrich 207 for ypres
http://dmares.zenfolio.com/

Hope you enjoy this and now this is the final countdown to Ypres 2008!!!

Tom206wrc
19th June 2008, 11:04
I just came home from the tests and i must also say that i was impressed by both drivers speed. I allready knew that Loix would be quick, but also Snijers adapted rather quick to the Peugeot S2000. In the beginning off the day he was too much sideways and not high enough in the revs, but in the afternoon his passages were almost as quick as those of Loix. Both drivers were very satisfied with the test that took place on a rather representative stage near Komen. ;)

I must temper my happiness, because if I remember well, Miguel Campos was fast and impressive also during the test, and we know what it gave in competition(Rali de Portugal)... :s

Being fast in test is one thing, but keeping the speed/pace during rally is another :mark:

I really hope Snijers will be a very good surprise during the Ypres Westhoek Rally ;)

urabus-denoS2000
19th June 2008, 13:39
I thinbk that Snijerss will be MUCH faster than Campos,if I remember Campos wasnt driving anything for a few years (could be wrong),while Snijers is active and has good results

Madeira
19th June 2008, 15:34
Luca Betti has tested the Peugeot 207 S2000 that he will use in ypres!

http://picasaweb.google.it:80/lucabetti08.01/2008021TestPeugeotS2000

Alink2
19th June 2008, 15:50
I am really looking forward to this rally. It will be my 25th time in Ypres. Whilst I don't think it compares to the 1980's for spectacle with the group a / b cars, or the length of the rally (36 - 38 stages) it is still one of the best to attend, including many WRC rounds.

I think if you look at the entry list, any one of 15 drivers could be on the podium Saturday night, there's not many rallies you can say that about these days.

To everyone lucky enough to be there - have fun!

Tom206wrc
19th June 2008, 16:46
Luca Betti has tested the Peugeot 207 S2000 that he will use in ypres!

http://picasaweb.google.it:80/lucabetti08.01/2008021TestPeugeotS2000

Pitty it's not in its livery yet :(

Alink2
20th June 2008, 14:34
Can anyone tell me who is Luca Betti's team?

Also, if anyone going would like to send me photos after the rally, we will try and put the best ones in the magazine and credit the photographer. ALL cars required.

Thanks

Mirek
20th June 2008, 14:36
F.R. Special Cars, the same as in previous two runs with Mitsubishi.

Tom206wrc
20th June 2008, 15:01
]F.R. Special Cars, the same as in previous two runs with Mitsubishi.

And I remember this team having ordered/received a 207 S2000 by the beginning of year 2008 :)

rally puma
21st June 2008, 10:05
Can anyone tell me who is Luca Betti's team?

Also, if anyone going would like to send me photos after the rally, we will try and put the best ones in the magazine and credit the photographer. ALL cars required.

Thanks

noproblem contact me when the rally is over for pictures.

tomdecock@home.nl

karlzoro
21st June 2008, 10:41
Hi,
there's also a video from the test of Loix on his site: http://www.freddyloix.com

I think Betti with the Pug wil go fast in Ypres :)

[Madeira-Rally]
21st June 2008, 18:07
Hi,
there's also a video from the test of Loix on his site: www.freddyloix.com (http://www.freddyloix.com)

I think Betti with the Pug wil go fast in Ypres :)

I have many doubts about Betti's potential..

I saw him last yer in Madeira, and I must say I was impressed by his driving style... really great, but his pace wasn't good... even when the car was perfect.

Tom206wrc
22nd June 2008, 08:57
Can't wait for the rally to start :bounce:

Alink2
23rd June 2008, 08:36
Does anyone have a weather forecast for the next few days in Ypres region? We will be there from wednesday afternoon.

mousti
23rd June 2008, 11:52
Does anyone have a weather forecast for the next few days in Ypres region? We will be there from wednesday afternoon.
http://www.zoover.nl/belgie/west-vlaanderen/ieper/weer :)

chryby
23rd June 2008, 16:34
Dear friends, I´ll go to the Ypres for the first time, I´m photographer and I don´t know the tracks. Does anyone help me? I would like some jumps, difficult corners or other exciting places. I need some informations which I can´t read in official programe. Many thanks ;)

wwbroe
23rd June 2008, 20:15
Seems that Jaan Molder wont start the rally, i don't know the reason why. :mad:

mousti
23rd June 2008, 21:24
The budget :(

Tom206wrc
24th June 2008, 06:59
I see many of you(including me)have put "Mr 100%" on the winner position in the pickems :p :

ProRally
24th June 2008, 07:11

Same for Niall McShea .... here also budget problems

Alink2
24th June 2008, 08:43
Dear friends, I´ll go to the Ypres for the first time, I´m photographer and I don´t know the tracks. Does anyone help me? I would like some jumps, difficult corners or other exciting places. I need some informations which I can´t read in official programe. Many thanks ;)

SS 9 & 15 Westouter has the only real jump, but it is very difficult to photo because the marshalls make everyone stand so far back, and of course there is so much tape around.

The cobblestones downhill in to a square right on Kemmel by the restaurant - can't remember the name of it - often causes mayhem, especially if wet.

Does anyone else have info on good stages / corners and how to get to them?

Last year I had a huge argument with a marshall who wanted me to move ten feet back from the tree I was behind and in to the open. I felt safer behind the tree. I explained I was media and could stand where I liked but he wouldn't listen. He said the helicopter was watching!!!!

Give some guys a yellow vest and a whistle and they think they are God.

It would be nice to meet any other forum members. We will be in a white Subaru with Rally Results written on it in blue and orange. If you see us come and say hello.

c4
24th June 2008, 15:58
Same for Niall McShea .... here also budget problems

Is McShea confirmed as a non-starter? It would be a shame as he still has the pace to go very well as he proved on RI and Donegal. :(

MG Rally
24th June 2008, 21:46
Images of the Bill Gwynne Motorsport entered MG S2000 SPORT that Mark / Rory will be driving this weekend in Belgium, are in the Image Gallery section of the MG S2000 SPORT FORUM (http://mgs2000.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=107) - definitely worth a look if you want my honest opinion!

PLuto
25th June 2008, 02:46
So, I am just leaving to Ypres. I am looking forward to this rally, it will be my first visit of Belgium.

Wim_Impreza
25th June 2008, 11:54
Enjoy the rally, Pluto. :)

fdebruyne
25th June 2008, 17:29
Pluto, when i have time i'll try to catch you... I know how i can find you ;)

Madeira
25th June 2008, 20:44
Video:

Brice Tirabassi has tested for Ypres

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBYOu1zF9XM

Filip
26th June 2008, 08:29
Janos Toth also did some testing.
Video here:
http://www.motorsport.hu/peugeot/video.php?itemid=48&catid=2

Tom206wrc
26th June 2008, 08:46
News about Loix and Betti liveries ???? :confused:

mousti
26th June 2008, 09:42
Today you'll see them, technical control is today

Kurt L.
26th June 2008, 12:18
loix

http://www.rallylovers.be/?pagina=nieuws&id=2711

mousti
26th June 2008, 12:32
Betti looks very nice!
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee320/WRCKE/5-1.jpg

Bettega:
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee320/WRCKE/1-1.jpg

Veekaa
26th June 2008, 12:53
More pics of Loix livery:
www.rallyephotos.be/Nieuws/2008/juni/2606/Loix.html (http://rallyephotos.be/Nieuws/2008/juni/2606/Loix.html)

Mirek
26th June 2008, 13:04
Great livery for Freddy :)

mousti
26th June 2008, 13:06
]Great livery for Freddy :)
Well I find it ugly the driver side is nice but the rest it isn't nice for me It's a good iniative but that's al that I can say on that livery. The painted Stohl Xsare was more nicier.

Tom206wrc
26th June 2008, 13:10

Mirek
26th June 2008, 13:11
Well I find it ugly the driver side is nice but the rest it isn't nice for me It's a good iniative but that's al that I can say on that livery. The painted Stohl Xsare was more nicier.

Well, to me this is nicer than Stohl's but that doesn't matter. Everyone's taste is different ;)

Tom206wrc
26th June 2008, 13:37
Betti looks very nice!
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee320/WRCKE/5-1.jpg
[/B]

Doesn't it look a little bit like last year's TRT(Hungary) livery ???? :confused:

mousti
26th June 2008, 13:48
Doesn't it look a little bit like last year's TRT(Hungary) livery ???? :confused:
A little bit but the silver is now like the Daimler Benz car in DTM and that's a very nice colour on that 207 and looks very aggressive.

You right on that taste's are different and that's good coz else everyone would like the same and that would not be cool :D

HaCo
26th June 2008, 14:50
Went to scruteneering and the market, made and album:
http://picasaweb.google.com/MiniZNieuws/BelgianYpresWesthoekRally2008

Karbonyl
26th June 2008, 14:54
Betti's Pug is soooooo ugly... :(

chryby
26th June 2008, 15:00
some pictures from servis here:
http://rally-mania.cz/med.php?g=401&au=0

RS
26th June 2008, 15:07
When is shakedown?

Madeira
26th June 2008, 15:09
When is shakedown?

Thu 26th June '08 18:00 (GMT)

Veekaa
26th June 2008, 15:11
When is shakedown?

Today from 19h00 till 23h00 local time

chryby
26th June 2008, 15:13
Betti's Pug is soooooo ugly... :(

in real, betti´s car is quite nice ;)

(opravdu, na vlastní oči je hezkej... zdravíme do čech :) )

HaCo
26th June 2008, 15:30
Betti's car is awesome with the chrome lion!!!

Tom206wrc
26th June 2008, 16:36
Thanks for the pics ;)

Tom206wrc
26th June 2008, 17:57
Test Michal Solowow ;)

http://kimrally.pl/galeria.php?id=561&PHPSESSID=4a53eb1e0aa7a379de8eb20cda88ec4c

ProRally
26th June 2008, 18:12
No start nr 11 McShea ? Looks that rumor was correct

Tom206wrc
26th June 2008, 18:45
Live times Shakedown :D

http://bywr.dyndns.org/live?indexName=special

But where's Rossetti ??? :confused:

Mirek
26th June 2008, 18:56
2:54 on first run! Tom ;)

Tom206wrc
26th June 2008, 19:01
OK in fact not all drivers started when I watched the live-result for the first time...everything is OK... ;)

Tom206wrc
26th June 2008, 19:09
Kopecky and Alen are far behind, and no trace of Betti... :confused:

Mirek
26th June 2008, 19:15
I think that there were some problem for Alén affecting Kopecký as well. Take it easy, they both had only one run. Shake is until 23:00 ;)

Tom206wrc
26th June 2008, 19:35
No trace of the Polo boys, Auquier and Casier, neither :confused:

HaCo
26th June 2008, 22:05
Casier went of at shakedown and never finnished one run. His car is damaged, but I don't know how bad.

Tom206wrc
26th June 2008, 22:16
Not a fantastic shakedown time for Snijers :mark:

wwbroe
27th June 2008, 01:06
Casier went of at shakedown and never finnished one run. His car is damaged, but I don't know how bad.

RGRS has some work to do, but Casiers car will be ok tomorrow. Great time of Loix on shakedown, only Rosetti comes in close, the rest is rather far behind. ;)

Madeira
27th June 2008, 08:29
Some pics from yesterday shakedown!

Pics (http://jasper3822.fotopic.net/c1535096_1.html)

Mirek
27th June 2008, 08:39
According to Chryby Auquier had gearbox problem and Kopecký had puncture during first run.

Tom206wrc
27th June 2008, 08:40
Will the czech sites provide results of this rally :confused:

Both http://www.ewrc-results.com and http://www.vysledky-rally.cz only have WRC Finland rally page :mark:

Tom206wrc
27th June 2008, 08:41
Some pics from yesterday shakedown!

Pics (http://jasper3822.fotopic.net/c1535096_1.html)

:up:

Mirek
27th June 2008, 08:50
Tom, both sides should provide results. Ypres for example here:
http://mmcr.vysledky-rally.cz/rallysport/2008/erc/ypres/1all.php

The link can be found on http://www.rally-erc.com, official European champ. site.

Tom206wrc
27th June 2008, 10:17
Thanks Mirek :)

chryby
27th June 2008, 10:22
another pictures from shake:
http://rally-mania.cz/med.php?g=400&au=0

Tom206wrc
27th June 2008, 12:34
Another link to live-results :D

http://www.worldrallynews.com/~bfg/IRC_2008_R3/raceclas.php

[Madeira-Rally]
27th June 2008, 12:57
Video from yesterday shakedown
http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid155905698/bclid1532914266/bctid1632737470

PLuto
27th June 2008, 13:04
Another pictures from scrutineering: http://www.rally-erc.com