PDA

View Full Version : Riders' Job Centre - 2007

patnicholls
19th January 2007, 01:35
Well, we've had the entry lists and we know who's in so far for 2007, which is good.

On the flipside, here's a list of some who aren't at present and looking for work (if any are wrong, please correct me):

MotoGP
Garry McCoy - Supermoto
Jose Luis Cardoso - Test riding the Ducati MotoGP bike

250cc
Manuel Poggiali - year off
Andrea Ballerini
Franco Battaini
Martin Cardenas
Arturo Tizon - looks like Aprilia Germany in 250cc
Jakub Smrz
Fabricio Perren
David de Gea - looks like Spanish CEV Championship

WSB
Neil Hodgson
Ivan Silva (not sure which class to put him under)
Vittorio Iannuzzo - looks like Italian Superbike
Giovanni Bussei - retired?
Ivan Clementi

WSS
Stephane Chambon - retired?
Kai Borre Andersen - looks like German Superbikes
Maxime Berger - European Superstock 600
Sebastine Legrelle

BSB
Scott Smart
Ben Wilson
Glen Richards - World Enduro with Phase One
Dean Thomas
Steve Plater - looks like AIM Yamaha for BSB/and or enduro racing

plus plenty of others I'm sure all around.

So, who should be on the grid who isn't? Am sure most of the guys above think they have a reasonable case to fit in somewhere.

mx311
19th January 2007, 06:28
That's quite a list isn't it.

The last I heard about some of those riders...

- Garry McCoy should continue running in World Supermoto on a KTM
- I know that Cardoso has a job, he's running Supersport on a D'Antin bike somewhere if I remember correctly.
- Poggi is having a year off, may do some Supermoto though, or test riding, or both.
- Cardenas is supposedly still involved with the Honda program but I'm not 100% sure on that.
- de Gea should continue running in Spanish Supersport or FXtreme.
- Iannuzzo is running Italian Superbike I think.
- Clementi was running Superbike or Supersport somewhere I think.
- Legrelle was on the short list for a Spanish CEV team, not sure if he's got it though.
- Smart has also been linked to the CEV FXtreme championship.

Look for anyone without a ride in World Supermoto, it's a great place to stay in shape. That and wandering around GP and SBK paddocks looking for a ride when someone doesn't perform or gets injured. ;)

neninja
19th January 2007, 13:36
Well I've heard from a good source that Steve Plater has signed to ride for Aim Yamaha in BSB - not sure yet whether he's riding in Superbike or Supersport

He will also be riding the North West 200 and likely also the TT. That's why Guy Martin switched to Hydrex Honda for the road races as he didn't want to end up playing second fiddle to Plater. Personally I don't think Plater would be advisable to ride the TT as he pushes too hard on the roads. At Macau this year he was pushing so hard to beat Rutter that he actually wore down the shell of his helmet on the walls and barriers. You can only get away with that sort of thing for so long.

The same source has suggested that Jim Moodie is 'very' likely to be riding at the TT although he couldn't tell me any more at this stage. Be good to see him back there for the centenary

NinjaMaster
20th January 2007, 05:33
That's quite a list isn't it.

The last I heard about some of those riders...

- I know that Cardoso has a job, he's running Supersport on a D'Antin bike somewhere if I remember correctly. on a Kwak it was once rumoured
- Clementi was running Superbike or Supersport somewhere I think. I thought he was going to run his own team but doesn't seem to be happening

Glen Richards is riding for the Phase One Yamaha team in the World Endurance Championship.
Dean Thomas may return to BSB running his own team.
Steve Plater is running World Endurance next year with Kawasaki France and alongside Ivan Silva as one of his teammates.
I thought Chambon and Bussei had retired.

axxexs
21st January 2007, 23:01
Kai Borre Andersen is going to ride in the German IDM-SBK this year for Alpha Techik Honda. Maybe they will do a wild card in WSBK

Jakub Smrz is racing in WSBK this year.

racer69
22nd January 2007, 05:37
Kai Borre Andersen is going to ride in the German IDM-SBK this year for Alpha Techik Honda. Maybe they will do a wild card in WSBK

And here i was think Alpha Technik were what is now known as Yamaha Germany in the World Supersports (Alpha Technik in 2000, became Bilders Suspension or something in 2003, then Yamaha Germany at a later date)

:)

NinjaMaster
22nd January 2007, 12:31
And here i was think Alpha Technik were what is now known as Yamaha Germany in the World Supersports (Alpha Technik in 2000, became Bilders Suspension or something in 2003, then Yamaha Germany at a later date)

:)
If I'm not mistaken (and I may well be) Alpha Technic moved from Yamaha over to Honda and ran Adam Fergusson and someone else.

racer69
23rd January 2007, 08:02
Something weird happened, because in 2000 Alpha Technik were also running Yamaha's in WSB as well as Supersport, i recall something along the lines of the Superbike side of the team moving to WSS in 2001 (to run Krusty as you say), which led to the name change for the Yamaha WSS effort (as Teuchert & Kellner were still the riders in 2001 onwards)

patnicholls
25th January 2007, 00:49
Updated the list with recent stuff.

Am surprised no-one's got space for Fabricio Perren in the 250s - he joined midway through last season as a complete rookie and did a good job with a small team.

axxexs
25th January 2007, 07:36
Kai Borre IS going to ride for the Alpha Technik in IDM-SBK! Think this was official for a month ago. ;)
http://www.idm.de/news.asp?mid=0&uid=0&iid=853null

Jakub Smrz is going to ride for Caracchi in WSBK. But this is not yet official what i know?

And Arturo Tizon was riding for aprilia Germany now in the Jerez test 22-24 jan.