PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed Entry Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Alfa Fan
18th January 2007, 15:32
As we're approaching the end of the off-season, where most entries begin to get official confimation - I thought I'd start this thread.

Super 2000

Fabrizio Giovanardi Triple Eight Vauxhall Vectra
Tom Chilton Triple Eight Vauxhall Vectra
Jason Plato Northern South SEAT Leon
Darren Turner Northern South SEAT Leon
Matt Neal Team Dynamics Honda Civic
Gordon Shedden Team Dynamics Honda Civic
Colin Turkington West Surrey Racing BMW 320is E90
TBA West Surrey Racing BMW 320is E90
Gareth Howell Motorbase Performance SEAT Toledo Cupra
TBA Motorbase Performance SEAT Toledo Cupra
Martyn Bell Geoff Steel Racing BMW 320i E46
Mark Smith Infront Motorsport Alfa Romeo 156
Chris Stockton BTC Racing Lexus IS200
Mark Jones Xero Competition Lexus IS200

BTC-Touring

Erkut Kizilirmak Techspeed Racing Vauxhall Astra Sport Hatch
Mike Jordan Team Eurotech Honda Integra DC05
TBA Encke Sport Vauxhall Astra Coupe
John George TH Motorsport Honda Integra DC05
Nick Leason Daniels Motorsport Vauxhall Astra Coupe

20 fully confirmed entires so far by my count.

Brown, Jon Brow
18th January 2007, 15:36
Looking like a healthy grid :up:

With all the other rumours that are flying around I think/hope we could have a grid of around 28-30 :)

Marc W
18th January 2007, 16:23
Mark Smith hasn't confirmed yet. he's stated he wants to run but has not actually entered so far.

VkmSpouge
18th January 2007, 17:02
I think there are others on that list that aren't confirmed either.
I don't think Erkut Kizilirmak, Mark Jones and Gareth Howell have been officially confirmed yet. Kizilirmak and Howell have only been mentioned in online forums and while I'm inclined to believe it myself, the news hasn't been put out in any official statements by the drivers or teams involved. Same goes for Mark Jones. Last week's issue of Motorsport News had Dave Beescroft saying Mark Jones was aiming to return, not that he was a confirmed driver.
Of course if any of this stuff has been confirmed in this week's issues of Autosport and Motorsport News (that I haven't read) then I'll happily eat my words.

Iain
18th January 2007, 19:06
The Howell story came from a source I would definitely believe.

tyreman2
18th January 2007, 19:26
The Howell story came from a source I would definitely believe.
I was told by another team manager today that The Howell rumour was correct
Also Techspeed will definately run 2 cars 1 for Erkut and another for adriver with BTCC experience if they can find one with budget

Captain VXR
18th January 2007, 19:50
That's Paul O'Neill isn't it.

tyreman2
18th January 2007, 21:20
That's Paul O'Neill isn't it.
I am sure it would be if he can raise the money,Marvin from Techspeed is a big fan of his.

Marc W
18th January 2007, 21:29
So surely if we're still saying if he can raise the money, rather than him already having it, it means its not confirmed and so shouldn't be on the list yet?

tdb
18th January 2007, 23:58
Untill an "official" announcement is made by the team the only confirmed entries are:
VXR x 2
WSR x 2
SEAT SPORT UK x2
TEAM DYNANICS/HALFORDS x 2

The rest have merely stated the "intention" to enter.

PDS
19th January 2007, 00:32
Neil Adams' site seems to be a good reference point!

http://www.btcc-racing.com/results/2007/2007entry.asp

cookingfat
19th January 2007, 00:37
I am confused!

Also Techspeed will definately run 2 cars 1 for Erkut and another for adriver with BTCC experience if they can find one with budget

Is that definately or if?

WSRfan82
19th January 2007, 08:14
does anyone know if pinkney got plans for the btcc i hope so

Dickie L'Amour
19th January 2007, 10:13
Untill an "official" announcement is made by the team the only confirmed entries are:
VXR x 2
WSR x 2
SEAT SPORT UK x2
TEAM DYNANICS/HALFORDS x 2

The rest have merely stated the "intention" to enter.

I didn't know Dynamics had actually made an official announcement yet themselves and WSR have only actually confirmed 1 car (so far).
I suppose it all depends whether we want to use magazine reports as official confirmation or not.

Alfa Fan
19th January 2007, 13:03
Read the WSR crash.net interview. It confirms 2 BMWs.

SEATFreak
19th January 2007, 15:38

Where is Darren Dowling? Could he not secure funding for a second season?

Alfa Fan
19th January 2007, 15:42
BTC Racing are hoping to run their second Lexus alongside Stockton. It is dependent on money. In contention for the drive according to Bert is Darren Dowling, Dan Eaves and Paul Sheard.

PDS
19th January 2007, 16:33
I didn't know Dynamics had actually made an official announcement yet themselves and WSR have only actually confirmed 1 car (so far).
I suppose it all depends whether we want to use magazine reports as official confirmation or not.

These are as close to an official confirmation's as you can get!

Team Dynamics!
http://www.crash.net/news_view~t~Shedden-returns-for-Halfords-defence-~cid~10~id~142018.htm

WSR here!
http://www.crash.net/news_view~t~RAC-expect-steep-learning-curve-~cid~10~id~142048.htm

ATF
19th January 2007, 17:25
We've had many teams over the past couple of years saying they will enter only not to appear - Team Daniels, Quest etc! But there's a bit of a difference if Matt Neal says TD will be there! No disrespect to BTC but we should wait for a press release before putting them on here.

Like PDS said, that does seem a good list.

PDS
19th January 2007, 18:00
does anyone know if pinkney got plans for the btcc i hope so

There was a piece in Motorsport News saying that an announcement about his plans is expected soon!

PDS
24th January 2007, 10:37
Two more confirmed!

Gareth Howell at Motorbase.
http://www.btccpages.com/news/NewsStory.php?SeriesID=1&ArticleID=772

And Tom Onslow-Cole at RAC!
http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=393

Rusty
24th January 2007, 10:40
You Beat me to it mate must have been typing at the same time you just a bit quicker than me DOH!!!!

ATF
24th January 2007, 12:25
Great news - so now the top 4 teams all have 2 cars and 2 drivers confirmed. Plus Howell in a Motorbase Toledo - that's 9 potential winners already!

VkmSpouge
24th January 2007, 13:00
It'll be good to see how well Howell will do over the course of an entire year.

Jona
24th January 2007, 13:04
Looks like blue, orange and black toledos then! Any idea who sponsors might be?

ATF
24th January 2007, 14:47
Can't really see the car very well from those pics but the paint scheme looks original. Any better pics anywhere?

Alfa Fan
24th January 2007, 16:21
Updated

Super 2000

Fabrizio Giovanardi Triple Eight Vauxhall Vectra
Tom Chilton Triple Eight Vauxhall Vectra
Tom Onslow-Cole West Surrey Racing BMW 320is E90
TBA Motorbase Performance SEAT Toledo Cupra

BTC-Touring

Erkut Kizilirmak Techspeed Racing Vauxhall Astra Sport Hatch

20 fully confirmed entires so far by my count.

PDS
24th January 2007, 17:20
Can't really see the car very well from those pics but the paint scheme looks original. Any better pics anywhere?
No, not yet. The cars are currently being prepared for this season.
Full colours and sponsors will be revealed when the time is right!

cos
24th January 2007, 19:00

I wasn't aware that these were "fully confirmed"?

Northern Monkey
24th January 2007, 19:05
Thats because they aren't at the moment.

Alfa Fan
24th January 2007, 19:16

Martyn Bell is fully confirmed. Was in Motorsport News sometime over Christmas. Also check out the website, its been recently updated with all the information about the coming season. The only reason there has been no official press release from Martyn or GSR is because they are waiting to confirm the full sponsorship line-up, but they will be there! :)

Mark Jones was confirmed in Motorsport News last week. Xero Competition have been working on upgrading the Lexus and will enter Mark in one of the cars.

Mark Smiths car was on show at Autosport with new Jessops sponsorship, so, there again, I think we can take it that he will be out again in 2007, even if there's yet to be a press release.

PDS
24th January 2007, 19:50
Mark Smiths car was on show at Autosport with new Jessops sponsorship, so, there again, I think we can take it that he will be out again in 2007, even if there's yet to be a press release.

When I spoke to Mark at the show, he said to me (and other people have said they were told the same) that the jessops deal would not be enough to get him on the grid! He needs to find more money!

So as much as I would love to see Mark out in his Alfa, even he is not sure of being there! At the moment I don't think we can't treat him as confirmed...

Captain VXR
24th January 2007, 20:04
Put it this way, you're confirmed if you are on the entry list. You're not if you are not on the list. I expect there are at least five entries waiting for a press release but still confirmed to enter.

VkmSpouge
24th January 2007, 20:12

They're not officially confirmed yet. We're just waiting for the official announcements from quite a few drivers like Richard Marsh and Dave Pinkney.

tdb
24th January 2007, 22:14
Mark Jones was confirmed in Motorsport News last week. Xero Competition have been working on upgrading the Lexus and will enter Mark in one of the cars.

The term used in MN's article was "intention"

There may be surprises and changes before media day!

Alfa Fan
25th January 2007, 14:52
OK - here's a list of the entries categorically confirmed

#1 Matt Neal Team Dynamics Honda Civic S2000
#2 Jason Plato Northern South SEAT Leon
#3 Colin Turkington West Surrey Racing BMW 320is E90
#4 Gordon Shedden Team Dynamics Honda Civic S2000
#5 Fabrizio Giovanardi Triple Eight Vauxhall Vectra VXR
#7 Tom Chilton Triple Eight Vauxhall Vectra VXR
#10 Mike Jordan Team Eurotech Honda Integra DC05
#15 Martyn Bell Geoff Steel Racing BMW 320i E46
#17 John George TH Motorsport Honda Integra DC05
#19 Nick Leason Daniels Motorsport Vauxhall Astra Coupe
#24 Darren Turner Northern South SEAT Leon
#25 Gareth Howell Motorbase Performance SEAT Toledo Cupra
#33 Tom Onslow-Cole West Surrey Racing BMW 320is E90
#43 Chris Stockton BTC Racing Lexus IS200

Some of the numbers are guesses.

cookingfat
25th January 2007, 17:32
Just for your info... Turner will NOT be #24. Someone else has that!

ATF
25th January 2007, 17:48
I'm sure I saw some pics of the SEAT at Autosport show with #11 and #12 on (I wasn't there) or was I dreaming?! Maybe they will use them?

Isn't this thread meant to be for CONFIRMED entries, NOT rumours?! How can you say Leason and Stockton are confirmed? To be fair, I expect they will race, but it's not 100% yet is it?

Captain VXR
25th January 2007, 17:54

Anyone not yet announced?

Alfa Fan
25th January 2007, 21:57
I'm sure I saw some pics of the SEAT at Autosport show with #11 and #12 on (I wasn't there) or was I dreaming?! Maybe they will use them?

Isn't this thread meant to be for CONFIRMED entries, NOT rumours?! How can you say Leason and Stockton are confirmed? To be fair, I expect they will race, but it's not 100% yet is it?

Chris Stockton's entry was confirmed on this very forum by Bert Taylor several months ago.

Nick Leason was confirmed on crash.net several weeks ago, but the sites running so slow I can't find the link.

ATF
26th January 2007, 18:24
I read the Leason story on crash but I wouldn't say it was 100% sure:

"Although things could change, the current plan is to race the Astra again and Leason said he was looking to get points on the board early in the season when some of the S2000 drivers might encounter problems."

cookingfat
26th January 2007, 18:29
Anyone not yet announced?
Not announced yet..

Alfa Fan
26th January 2007, 19:18
Isn't the bit about "things could change" related to the car they will use rather than the entry itself?

Captain VXR
26th January 2007, 21:17
Not announced yet..

The tension is rising, definitly another press release soon... :D

Northern Monkey
26th January 2007, 21:24
I'm sure there will be...

SEATFreak
27th January 2007, 09:45
What of Rick Kerry's West Suffolk Racing and the teams diesel powered BMW 1-series?

Have they withdrawn? I have not seen them mentioned anywhere.

Captain VXR
27th January 2007, 09:58
Probably too busy fitting the internals to post on forums.

tyreman2
27th January 2007, 13:08
Also, like most of the Independants trying to put the money together

suzy m
27th January 2007, 23:05

It was #4.
http://www.seatsportuk.co.uk/seatcupra2/images/library/medium_12105041.jpg

Jona
28th January 2007, 12:07
It had #11 on the other side of it though

SEATFreak
28th January 2007, 13:27
Like the number on the Team RAC 320si though, usually the numbers mean squat outside of the BTCC. That is the beauty with the BTCC. Nothing is as it seems.

I predict Jase will either have #2 or retain #4 from last season and Darren will either take Thommo's #14 or retain #24 from last season.

PDS
28th January 2007, 13:55
I predict Jase will either have #2 or retain #4 from last season and Darren will either take Thommo's #14 or retain #24 from last season.

It has already been said that Turner will not use #24!

Alfa Fan
28th January 2007, 14:26
This is just a prediction, but I think Motorbase have the number #24

#23 Tom Ferrier
#24 TBA
#25 Gareth Howell

Some of you may know otherwise.

Captain VXR
28th January 2007, 14:27
I predict Plato will use 2 and Darren 12, a difference of 10 like last year.

Iain
28th January 2007, 15:09
Like the number on the Team RAC 320si though, usually the numbers mean squat outside of the BTCC. That is the beauty with the BTCC. Nothing is as it seems.

Those numbers do mean something though on the SEAT, as Plato did run 4 last year........

Plato will be 2 this year due to his championship finishing position. Number 4 belongs to Shedden, unless he wants to continue with 52 and save the team a load of money on rebranding their merchandise and racesuits.....

I don't get the big fuss about numbers anyway. :confused:

smiley_opc
28th January 2007, 16:09
maybe they will now do this

1/2 = TD
3/4 = SEAT SPORT UK
5/6 = RAC
7/8 = VX RACING

or something like that...

Iain
28th January 2007, 16:32
The numbers 1-10 are given to the top 10 from the previous season.

suzy m
28th January 2007, 18:55
It had #11 on the other side of it though

It had a 4 on that side as well at one point.....

http://www.seatsportuk.co.uk/seatcupra2/images/library/medium_12101725.jpg

This picture and the previous one I posted are from the seat sport website. Myabe the numbers were changed at some point over the show?

Captain VXR
28th January 2007, 19:02
That's funny, my pictures show 11 on the left side so SEAT must have changed them at some point :confused:

BTCC2
28th January 2007, 19:12
This is just a prediction, but I think Motorbase have the number #24

#23 Tom Ferrier
#24 TBA
#25 Gareth Howell

Some of you may know otherwise.

Are Motorbase going to run all 3 SEATs ?

Alfa Fan
28th January 2007, 19:14
If they can find the right drivers/sufficient finance, then yes.

PDS
28th January 2007, 19:57
If they can find the right drivers/sufficient finance, then yes.

I'm sure that will be news to Mr Bartrum!

Alfa Fan
28th January 2007, 19:59
My understanding was it was a 2-car team, but if someone came forward with a full budget for the third car then it would be run?

Is that incorrect?

Alfa Fan
28th January 2007, 20:02
Indeed their own website suggests that, although now the 3rd car isn't expected to run until later in the season:

"The Wrotham-based team is working towards signing a team-mate for Howell and may even run a third Toledo later in the season, such are its plans to establish itself as a main player within Britain's leading motor racing championship."

So it can't really be news to Mr Bartrum as you put it! :)

PDS
28th January 2007, 20:11
Indeed their own website suggests that, although now the 3rd car isn't expected to run until later in the season:

"The Wrotham-based team is working towards signing a team-mate for Howell and may even run a third Toledo later in the season, such are its plans to establish itself as a main player within Britain's leading motor racing championship."

So it can't really be news to Mr Bartrum as you put it! :)

I think the word is 'may'! No not the month!
They certainly do not intend running three cars from the start of the season!

52Paddy
29th January 2007, 09:51
Judging by the first post (don't have time to read through the rest yet) the entry list is looking good. And I had totally forgotten that teams would be using S2000 cars this year. It should be a nice change for the BTCC grid.

100%hondafan
30th January 2007, 01:49
is everyone forgettign eoin murry

source http://www.gamotorsport.co.uk/

"For next season we are planning to run 2 Alfa 156 N Technology cars. Eoin Murray will be driving one car while the other driver has yet to be finalised."

MBailey06
30th January 2007, 08:21
No, because on crash.net Murray said that even he wasn't sure he would make it this year due to funding, but hopefully he should do.

ATF
30th January 2007, 11:27
Hopefully Murray will be there even if we don't get a 2nd 156.

With regards to SEATs numbers, they could use #2 and Thommo's #6? As long as they're there, I'm not really bothered though.

touringlegend
30th January 2007, 13:52
They'd probably have to use #14 (DT's finishing position) but I think they can request another number, ie 6.

Could be 2 & 12, like last year it was 4, 14 & 24.

Iain
30th January 2007, 16:30
If nobody claims their top 10 number, then someone else is able to take it. For example Tom Chilton ran number 7 in 2003 and Colin Turkington 5 when they finished outside the top 10 in 2002.

SEATFreak
3rd February 2007, 14:25
Well, in the top 10 from last year only Rob (Collard) who finished 9th, Thommo who finished 6th and and Gavin (Smith) who finished 8th look like there not running this year. So does that mean 6#, #9 and #8 are vacant and can be taken by anyone?.

tisme
3rd February 2007, 17:25
Well, in the top 10 from last year only Rob (Collard) who finished 9th, Thommo who finished 6th and and Gavin (Smith) who finished 8th look like there not running this year. So does that mean 6#, #9 and #8 are vacant and can be taken by anyone?.

Who's to say Collard and Smith are not coming back in 2007?

They may want their numbers!

captin 1 VXR
3rd February 2007, 17:41
2 my mind there is only 4 cars that are deffently going to be there the rest have said thay are entering the btcc ... only seat and vauxhall can say thay are comfirmed .. the rest (and untill alan gow shows us the full list ) are really could be s .. i say we could have a shock or two with whos in and who s out ...

thats only me thinking out loud so no snipping at me ..

kmchow
3rd February 2007, 18:22
2 my mind there is only 4 cars that are deffently going to be there the rest have said thay are entering the btcc ... only seat and vauxhall can say thay are comfirmed .. the rest (and untill alan gow shows us the full list ) are really could be s ..
Can we even trust the entry list? Teams could pay the entry fee that allows their name to be printed, but not show up for a single race?

VkmSpouge
3rd February 2007, 19:00
2 my mind there is only 4 cars that are deffently going to be there the rest have said thay are entering the btcc ... only seat and vauxhall can say thay are comfirmed .. the rest (and untill alan gow shows us the full list ) are really could be s .. i say we could have a shock or two with whos in and who s out ...

thats only me thinking out loud so no snipping at me ..

WSR, Dynamics and Gareth Howell are confirmed too. As for the others, well it's a matter of waiting for their official announcements.

Captain VXR
3rd February 2007, 19:06
Others are comfirmed but not announced yet.

Alfa Fan
4th February 2007, 01:53
Updated list of categorically confirmed entries.

Matt Neal Team Dynamics Honda Civic S2000
Gordon Shedden Team Dynamics Honda Civic S2000
Fabrizio Giovanardi Triple Eight Vauxhall Vectra VXR
Tom Chilton Triple Eight Vauxhall Vectra VXR
Rick Kerry West Suffolk Racing BMW 120d

captin 1 VXR
4th February 2007, 11:16
what about j team ??

Captain VXR
4th February 2007, 11:26
Unless entry is paid, they are not comfirmed.

BTCC2
4th February 2007, 20:41
Updated list of categorically confirmed entries.

Matt Neal Team Dynamics Honda Civic S2000
Gordon Shedden Team Dynamics Honda Civic S2000
Fabrizio Giovanardi Triple Eight Vauxhall Vectra VXR
Tom Chilton Triple Eight Vauxhall Vectra VXR
Rick Kerry West Suffolk Racing BMW 120d

Seems like a pretty accurate list of who's confirmed.

Although I would have doubts over Nick Leason and Chris Stockton. Am I correct in saying that both need additional sponsorship.

Alfa Fan
4th February 2007, 20:44
No. Nick was confirmed on Crash.net, and Chris has confirmed that he will be out in one of BTCs Lexus again this year.

BTCC2
4th February 2007, 20:46
Well in that case then, good list :D

Alfa Fan
4th February 2007, 20:49
Having said that, Nicks overdue to announce his sponsorship package which is a bit worrying. Here's the article http://www.crash.net/news_view~t~Leason--We-know-where-we-can-improve-~cid~10~id~142131.htm

dwracing23
4th February 2007, 22:07
Nick will be there for the first meeting in the Astra but this time he will have four whels on the car!!

I have heard that the Rick Kelly program may miss the first race but should be on the grid after that.

I have not heard from CNR for 2 weeks so not sure what is happening on that program, Adam J will be there, it sounds like the boys from Manchaster are really gathering speed and I expect them to make a big splash.

Not heard much from O'Neil but he said he was confident on appearing, cant say too much but an old face should be part of the TOCA grid this season!?

VkmSpouge
4th February 2007, 22:54
Having said that, Nicks overdue to announce his sponsorship package which is a bit worrying. Here's the article http://www.crash.net/news_view~t~Leason--We-know-where-we-can-improve-~cid~10~id~142131.htm

You can add Leason to Bell, Marsh and Pinkney who all said they were going to announce something in so many weeks time only for that to pass without a peep. I guess things a reasonably fluid at this stage of the year.

BTCC2
4th February 2007, 23:05
cant say too much but an old face should be part of the TOCA grid this season!?

In the BTCC or support ?

dwracing23
5th February 2007, 10:51
In the BTCC or support ?

Cant say too much but it will be in one of the support races.

captin 1 VXR
5th February 2007, 19:01
john cleland in a clio ;)

Captain VXR
5th February 2007, 20:40
Nick will be there for the first meeting in the Astra but this time he will have four whels on the car!!

I have heard that the Rick Kelly program may miss the first race but should be on the grid after that.

I have not heard from CNR for 2 weeks so not sure what is happening on that program, Adam J will be there, it sounds like the boys from Manchaster are really gathering speed and I expect them to make a big splash.

Not heard much from O'Neil but he said he was confident on appearing, cant say too much but an old face should be part of the TOCA grid this season!?

Who's the boys from Manchester?

Iain
5th February 2007, 20:43
Encke Sport

Captain VXR
5th February 2007, 20:45
Aha, cheers :up:

Iain
7th February 2007, 15:35
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Mat Jackson in the WTCC-winning ex-Andy Priaulx BMW 320Si E90. Confirmed with his family-run team.

100%hondafan
7th February 2007, 15:37
is this confirmed ??

ermm wonder how he wil get on compared to WSR if so!

as the mad monk was saying about how slow the bmws have been this is a suprise!

Iain
7th February 2007, 15:54
is this confirmed ??

I said it in the post that you read the news in didn't I?

tin-top fan
7th February 2007, 15:59
I know Chris said he didn't want to steal the thunder on this news, but I didn't expect you too steal it instead Iain !!!

Iain
7th February 2007, 16:03
I haven't stolen any thunder? :confused:

VkmSpouge
7th February 2007, 16:25
I know Chris said he didn't want to steal the thunder on this news, but I didn't expect you too steal it instead Iain !!!

I don't think any thunder stealing has happened here, the news is in Motorsport News today.

I hope Mat has a grand old time this year in the BTCC.

tin-top fan
7th February 2007, 16:53
Sorry- completely my mistake Iain. I thought we were still waiting for an official anouncement on the news.

Captain VXR
7th February 2007, 17:03
YES more cars for the BTCC :D

reidy_fan
7th February 2007, 20:37
Delighted for mat, he has the skill and talent to do great things in the BTCC. His car is a proven winner and think that Mat will be on the podium this year, there will be a few worried men at WSR tonight knowing that they have some serious competition in the RWD cars. Was actually expecting Mat to go with a Seat possibly motorbase but as he has the support crew already in place he didnt need to

Good luck Mat, prove yourself to the world mate, we hardcore fans know you are good now prove it to the rest

cookingfat
7th February 2007, 21:05
So now we have...
Matt Neal - Team Dynamics Honda Civic S2000
Gordon Shedden - Team Dynamics Honda Civic S2000
Jason Plato - Northern South SEAT Leon
Darren Turner - Northern South SEAT Leon
Colin Turkington - West Surrey Racing BMW 320si E90
Tom Onslow-Cole - West Surrey Racing BMW 320si E90
Fabrizio Giovanardi - Triple Eight Vauxhall Vectra VXR
Tom Chilton - Triple Eight Vauxhall Vectra VXR
Gareth Howell - Motorbase Performance SEAT Toledo Cupra
Mike Jordan - Team Eurotech Honda Integra DC05
Martyn Bell - Geoff Steel Racing BMW 320i E46
John George - TH Motorsport Honda Integra DC05
Nick Leason - Daniels Motorsport Vauxhall Astra Coupe
Chris Stockton - BTC Racing Lexus IS200
Rick Kerry - West Suffolk Racing BMW 120d
Matt Jackson - Jackson Family Racing? BMW 320si E90

So with the second Motorbase driver soon to be announced.
Dave Pinkney yet to finally announce his plans with two cars.
Zero planning at least one car.
Ekne Motorsport close to finalising their plans.
Plus a few others... should make 20+ cars..

Alfa Fan
7th February 2007, 21:32
Mat is entered with Jackson Motorsport btw

cookingfat, you missed J-Team who will enter at least one BM for Jim Pocklington.

And Kizilirmak will be out in one of ex-888 Astra Sport Hatches too.

BTCC coming together quite nicely. Motorsport News last week seemed to think we'd start the season with roughly the same number we ended last year with, ie, 24-26, that would be really good.

Alfa Fan
7th February 2007, 21:37
Cookingfat, do you not expect Jason Hughes & Kartworld to be out this year?

speedy king
7th February 2007, 21:45
Sorry to dampen the spirits, yes 20 cars all very good...but....theres a lot of new cars and some very average drivers taking up ahlf the grid, this season will either be very GOOD or a 2001 i fear....

captin 1 VXR
7th February 2007, 21:54
crash fest if thats the case speedy king

Alfa Fan
7th February 2007, 21:57
huh? How? We have Giovanardi, Chilton, Plato, Turner, Neal, Shedden, Turkington, Onslow-Cole, Pinkney, Marsh, Howell, and Jackson in what should be good Super 2000 cars.

I wouldn't say we're losing any quality from 2006, far from it. What we appear to be getting is more people filling out the middle to back of the grid. (potentially - although its hard to tell anyones respective performance yet)

speedy king
7th February 2007, 22:04
OK, Giovanardi - New Car
Chilton - New Car
Neal - New undeveloped late built car
Shedden - See above
Plato - Only real hot shot i can see so far in a good car
Turner - see above
Turkington - Think that BMW might prove to be a dog if WSR can't handle it in the UK i fear for all the other indepents like Jackson
Onlsow Cole - see above
Marsh - huh? He's hardly top quality no offence...
Howell - should do well, good car

I'm just looking at the facts not through rose tinted spectacles, there's alot of un-known cars out there...

cookingfat
7th February 2007, 22:08
cookingfat, you missed J-Team who will enter at least one BM for Jim Pocklington.
And Kizilirmak will be out in one of ex-888 Astra Sport Hatches too.

I did say this...

Plus a few others... should make 20+ cars..
The reason I said this is because there are a few deals trying to be done to bring new and experienced drivers into the BTCC, and to name them would be inappropriate!

Cookingfat, do you not expect Jason Hughes & Kartworld to be out this year?

Yes, I do, but in what? I see he has been linked to SEAT Toledo's,(supposedly, none left) ALFA 156 (again, supposedly none left) or the MG, which I understand is not on the list of BTCC favoured cars for 2007!

Captain VXR
7th February 2007, 22:17
I did say this...

The reason I said this is because there are a few deals trying to be done to bring new and experienced drivers into the BTCC, and to name them would be inappropriate!

Yes, I do, but in what? I see he has been linked to SEAT Toledo's,(supposedly, none left) ALFA 156 (again, supposedly none left) or the MG, which I understand is not on the list of BTCC favoured cars for 2007!

I'm probably wearing rose-tinted specticles but maybe we can see some imports from the STCC or DTC. They could buy the Elgh Motorsport 320si (see my post in rumours).

MBailey06
7th February 2007, 22:49
Sorry to dampen the spirits, yes 20 cars all very good...but....theres a lot of new cars and some very average drivers taking up ahlf the grid, this season will either be very GOOD or a 2001 i fear....

I don't think 2001 had double figures of cars on the grid though did it? Also there were so few that there never really was a midfield battle. I don't think we can many any sort of criticisms like that until we see the relative paces at Media Day and beyond.

VkmSpouge
7th February 2007, 23:44
2001 did have double figures when you include the Production Class (as it should be). Even then the Production class still had some good drivers in it.

Well looking at the 15 or so that are confirmed, 11 are top quality. I never mind when we have lots of average drivers in the field as long as there are 10 or so good drivers challenging at the front, the average drivers then provide a healthy midfield.

100%hondafan
8th February 2007, 01:05
I said it in the post that you read the news in didn't I?

Yeh but i was asking for a link/refrence from where you heard it ;) but it was in motorsport news from what i have heard.

looks like we are getting a load of good drivers but then loads of slower drivers but the grid will be big that what i cant wait for!

MBailey06
8th February 2007, 08:16
2001 did have double figures when you include the Production Class (as it should be). Even then the Production class still had some good drivers in it.

Well looking at the 15 or so that are confirmed, 11 are top quality. I never mind when we have lots of average drivers in the field as long as there are 10 or so good drivers challenging at the front, the average drivers then provide a healthy midfield.

Thanks VKM Spouge, thats the point I was trying to make, its just it didn't come out that way.

Iain
8th February 2007, 14:22
Yeh but i was asking for a link/refrence from where you heard it ;) but it was in motorsport news from what i have heard.

You should know by now that I don't post rumours or secrets. :) I just let everyone else do that. :p :

100%hondafan
8th February 2007, 14:27
sorry for doubting you Iain :)

Northern Monkey
8th February 2007, 18:53
Arkas Racing to enter the two Sport Hatches - run by Techspeed for Erkut and one other. I know it been widely known for a while but finally official...

http://www.crash.net/news_View.asp?t=Arkas-Racing-confirms-BTCC-campaign-&cid=10&id=142972&news=y

captin 1 VXR
8th February 2007, 18:55
lol i just put that in rumores ;)

VkmSpouge
8th February 2007, 19:01
I hope they do get a second driver in and that it is Paul o'Neill.

100%hondafan
8th February 2007, 19:49
hope paul o'neill gets it aswell he deserves it and is a crowd pleaser!

erkut its nice to have another car on the grid but he really did strugle in a car that was so much better in other drivers hands.

Alfa Fan
8th February 2007, 19:57
yeah, he's here to learn though. I think he's got a good chance of some reasonable results against the drivers we've had announced so far.

I just hope Paul O'Neill gets the second seat, otherwise its looking like somewhat of a walkover for Mike Jordan (no disrespect to John George, but its his first season in a "proper" car)

PS - I'm talking about the BTC Spec cars group here

racer77
8th February 2007, 20:15
Kartworld will be out and will run the MG for this year but 2 VERY GOOD S2000 cars from them in 08 is expected though ! So you can add Jason to the list.

Alfa Fan
8th February 2007, 20:21
SEAT Leons I guess for 2008?

VkmSpouge
8th February 2007, 20:31
You're trying to guess what car a privateer team will race 14 months from now? It just seems a little bit futile.

Alfa Fan
8th February 2007, 20:36
Well, very good Super 2000 cars could only really mean BMWs or SEATs. And as BMWs are not rated as particularly good on UK tracks, for racer77 to say VERY good I would guess they were SEATs.

Andy Richards11
8th February 2007, 20:59
This year really is shaping up to eclipse even last year (which was superb) with the independant teams starting to confirm their plans. I think it's great that people like Rik Kerry and Jim Pocklington are coming in from club racing, but it's good to see some of the top talent from the TOCA support package, Tom Onslow-Cole and Matt Jackson, having the chance to shine this year in proven cars. Roll on Brands Hatch.

MBailey06
8th February 2007, 22:13
Kartworld will be out and will run the MG for this year but 2 VERY GOOD S2000 cars from them in 08 is expected though ! So you can add Jason to the list.

Is it the same MG that he had in 2006 or is it a Team RAC car from last year?

racer77
8th February 2007, 23:57
Same Car with full rebuild from floor up and all the latest WSR trick bits so as good as one of there 06 cars one would have thought . As far as all this about BMWs not being any good in this country we will see in a couple of months wont we remember that a properly run (SET UP)S2000 BMW has yet to appear in BTCC there is three very good drivers in them and I am sure they will be very competitive. Thats the word coming from munich or they would not be seriously evaluating a works backed team in 2008 if not.

tin-top fan
9th February 2007, 13:10
So the Matt Jackson news is now confirmed on btcc.net . Apparantly the car is being launced today and tested next week at Oulton Park ( so I suppose he is getting a head start on team RAC!)

touringlegend
9th February 2007, 14:32
Well he is except his is a year old car and RAC's will be 2007 spec AFAIK. :)

ATF
9th February 2007, 16:14
I just hope Paul O'Neill gets the second seat, otherwise its looking like somewhat of a walkover for Mike Jordan (no disrespect to John George, but its his first season in a "proper" car)

PS - I'm talking about the BTC Spec cars group here

I didn´t think there was a "BTC spec group". There´s no separate championship for these cars, it´s just they´re ineligible for the overall championship. They can still compete and mix with the S2000 cars and they will still be competing against them for the indie title. It´s not a walkover for Mike Jordan at all, he will be up against WSR, Motorbase and other S2000 non-manufacturer entries for the indie title.

Northern Monkey
9th February 2007, 16:17
There isn't a BTC championship as such, but all the drivers using that specification of car will want to be the top dog in that group.

Alfa Fan
9th February 2007, 16:57
There isn't a BTC championship as such, but all the drivers using that specification of car will want to be the top dog in that group.

Thats what I was meaning. Thought I'd made it clear by using "group" rather than class.

MBailey06
9th February 2007, 17:04
I didn´t think there was a "BTC spec group". There´s no separate championship for these cars, it´s just they´re ineligible for the overall championship. They can still compete and mix with the S2000 cars and they will still be competing against them for the indie title. It´s not a walkover for Mike Jordan at all, he will be up against WSR, Motorbase and other S2000 non-manufacturer entries for the indie title.

No he means it won't be a walkover for Mike Jordan in being the fastest of the BTC spec cars.

Northern Monkey
9th February 2007, 18:35
First pic of Mat and his car...

http://www.crash.net/picture_view.asp?pid=1&picid=327594&cid=10&category_id=0&event_id=--&search_string=&news=y

VkmSpouge
9th February 2007, 19:13
I hope that's an interim livery.

mattie007
9th February 2007, 22:37
Same Car with full rebuild from floor up and all the latest WSR trick bits so as good as one of there 06 cars one would have thought .

Great news!
Looks like I'll be going to some BTCC rounds now!

SEATFreak
10th February 2007, 12:07
Arkas Racing to enter the two Sport Hatches - run by Techspeed for Erkut and one other. I know it been widely known for a while but finally official..

Though on my course I am blocked from entering messageboard site's I do keep up to date with news via sites like touringcartimes and Crash.net and was able to hear about it.

So, what do you think of Arkas Racing/TechSpeed with Erkut behind the wheel of one Sport Hatch and engineering support from 888 for the new season? I think they will stand a good chance of quickly getting used to the car, if they haven't already done so, owing to their support coming from the team that ran them.

On another note pleased as punch for Mat Jackson. I would imagine getting such a good car as an ex-RBM 320si for any team boss must be good. It is a proven race and championship winning make and model of car. I offer him my best wishes for 2007.

PDS
10th February 2007, 17:43
So for another re-cap... We ae looking at.

Confirmed.
Matt Neal - Team Dynamics - Honda Civic S2000
Gordon Shedden - Team Dynamics - Honda Civic S2000
Jason Plato - Northern South - SEAT Leon
Darren Turner - Northern South - SEAT Leon
Colin Turkington - West Surrey Racing - BMW 320si E90
Tom Onslow-Cole - West Surrey Racing - BMW 320si E90
Fabrizio Giovanardi - Triple Eight - Vauxhall Vectra VXR
Tom Chilton - Triple Eight - Vauxhall Vectra VXR
Gareth Howell - Motorbase Performance - SEAT Toledo Cupra
Martyn Bell - Geoff Steel Racing - BMW 320i E46
Rick Kerry - West Suffolk Racing - BMW 120d
Matt Jackson - Jackson Motorsport - BMW 320si E90
John George - TH Motorsport Honda - Integra DC05
Mike Jordan - Team Eurotech - Honda Integra DC05
Nick Leason - Daniels Motorsport - Vauxhall Astra Coupe
Chris Stockton - BTC Racing - Lexus IS200
Erkut Kizilirmak - Arkas Racing - Vauxhall Astra Sport Hatch

Waiting to be officially confirmed are:
Second car at Motorbase.
Second car at Arkas Racing.
Jason Hughes at Kartworld
J Team with Jim Pocklington in a BMW 320is
Two cars with Dave Pinkney and his new team-mate.
Zero and hoping to run Two cars.
Two Seats Toledo's from GR Asia.
Two astra Coupes from Ekne Motorsport.
BTC Racing are still trying to fill their second Lexus.
Mark Smith and Eoin Murray both hopeful of entering their Alfa's

...and with the possibility of a couple of other cars during the second half af the year, we could be looking at a packed grid!

The last time we had grids like this when it was made-up of mainly privateers was in 1991. The start of 2litre class.
What goes around comes around!

captin 1 VXR
10th February 2007, 17:47
ritchard marsh in prosess of buying dave pinkneys honda for 07

tdb
10th February 2007, 17:53
Richard Marsh bought pinkney's integra at the end of last season,
I beleive it has already been sold on.

Marsh is now connected to the pinkney 2x alfa team

captin 1 VXR
10th February 2007, 18:02
Confirmed.
TBA - Motorbase Performance -SEAT Toledo CUPRA
TBA- Arkas racing - Vauxhall Astra Sport Hatch

Two Seats Toledo's from GR Asia. STILL LOOKING AT WTCC
Mark Smith TBA
Eoin Murray - Alfa 156
Scott racing Two bmw 320dti

also one rummer was that one of the vw championship drivers is ment to be running a bora tdi in btcc s2000 spec :dozey:

Captain VXR
10th February 2007, 18:10
Where did diesel 3-series come from? GR Asia have two Leons for WTCC and two Toldeos for BTCC as far as I know.

Captain VXR
10th February 2007, 18:13
So for another re-cap... We ae looking at.

Confirmed.

Second car at Motorbase.
Second car at Arkas Racing.
Two Seats Toledo's from GR Asia.
Mark Smith and Eoin Murray both hopeful of entering their Alfa's

...and with the possibility of a couple of other cars during the second half af the year, we could be looking at a packed grid!

The last time we had grids like this when it was made-up of mainly privateers was in 1991. The start of 2litre class.
What goes around comes around!

Looks good, more people will enter before february 26 I'm sure. Two points - The Integras are DC5, not DC05, a common mistake and Enke Motorsport is spelt wrong in your post.

PDS
10th February 2007, 18:20
Looks good, more people will enter before february 26 I'm sure. Two points - The Integras are DC5, not DC05, a common mistake and Enke Motorsport is spelt wrong in your post.
If you really wanted to be picky, look closely, there are more spelling mistakes!

captin 1 VXR
10th February 2007, 18:22
Where did diesel 3-series come from? GR Asia have two Leons for WTCC and two Toldeos for BTCC as far as I know.

sorry forgot gr asia had 2 of each .. so good chance simon harrison would be in one of the seats as he has long history with gr asia .

the 320 dti are with scot racing and have over 65k grant to built the bio derv cars .

and mark smith will not be in a alfa

and ritchard marsh will have dave pinkney :rolleyes:

Neil Adams
10th February 2007, 19:03
anyone else noticed that part of the arkas racing news item on btcc.net makes it sound more like they'll be 3 sport hatches in the team rather than 2?

VkmSpouge
10th February 2007, 19:21
I've read that press release and I can't see it. They only mention filling in the second car, nothing about entering a third.

Iain
10th February 2007, 19:40
It says they have bought three cars and then "Kizilirmak will drive one car with the remainder of the driver line-up still to be decided." At the bottom it says they want a talented second driver to complement Erkut, but does that mean there is space to run a third rent-a-driver in the final car?

This should really be discussed in the rumours thread anyway. It'll get us away from all the Clyde Valley nonsense.....

captin 1 VXR
10th February 2007, 19:50
think u find he has sent one back to turky for him to do a couple of races out there when not clashing with btcc . more time in the car with out braking the testing limit

cookingfat
10th February 2007, 20:11
Scott racing Two bmw 320dti

Where does it say that Scott Racing are running TWO BMW's?

The articles and interviews only say that they after developing the engine, they intend to put it in a car. And again, none of the articles and interviews say what car they will use!
http://www.crash.net/news_View~t~Biodiesel-engine-under-development-~cid~10~id~142703.htm
http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=398&month=0&year=2007&form=&searchterm=
http://www.btccpages.co.uk/news/NewsStory.php?SeriesID=1&ArticleID=776
http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=963

captin 1 VXR
10th February 2007, 20:14
scott racing says thay will run 2 cars

tin-top fan
10th February 2007, 20:15
the scott racing website doesn't give away any clues either, although it does mention how the engine has been in development for the last year.

captin 1 VXR
10th February 2007, 20:18
thay starting with a derv 320 and by the end of the year want to be running the cars on bio derv

captin 1 VXR
10th February 2007, 20:25
sorry miss read what i had put up srry

Captain VXR
10th February 2007, 20:43
Cool, should have said it earlier

cookingfat
10th February 2007, 20:44
scott racing says thay will run 2 cars
I dont seem to be the only one who has not seen them say 2 cars in 2007. Where does it say 2 cars then?

Funks
11th February 2007, 11:01
It seems to me that many of the posts appearing lately fit into the rumours category.

Why not just wait for the official list and stick to the rumours thread? :dozey:

cos
19th February 2007, 14:20
Nick Leason confirms a 2007 campaign with the NJL/Daniels Astra Coupé - hoping to "steal a march on teams switching to the new FIA Super 2000 cars" apparently...!

BDunnell
19th February 2007, 14:48
Nick Leason confirms a 2007 campaign with the NJL/Daniels Astra Coupé - hoping to "steal a march on teams switching to the new FIA Super 2000 cars" apparently...!

Yes, this is bound to guarantee him a number of early season podiums... ;)

speedy king
19th February 2007, 14:53
It seems to me that many of the posts appearing lately fit into the rumours category.

Why not just wait for the official list and stick to the rumours thread? :dozey:

Exactly what i was just thinking :s

PDS
19th February 2007, 15:15

Can you not move these posts to the rumours thread where it can be discussed further?

Pilfp
19th February 2007, 16:07
Crash.net has an article on Jordan confirming his entry for next year
http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~10~id~143449~pid~0.htm

Funks
19th February 2007, 17:44
Can you not move these posts to the rumours thread where it can be discussed further?

I certainly could do, but I hoped I could persuade (remind) people to put rumours and confirmations in the appropriate threads. It's far less button pushing for moderators that way. We like that. :)

100%hondafan
19th February 2007, 18:41
Yes, this is bound to guarantee him a number of early season podiums... ;)

yeah right unless some one spikes every other cars wheels i cant see this happening!

I do not rate nick to be up in points but at the back having fun.

PDS
19th February 2007, 18:44
I certainly could do, but I hoped I could persuade (remind) people to put rumours and confirmations in the appropriate threads. It's far less button pushing for moderators that way. We like that. :)

I just wanted to carry on the discussion on the Scott Racing situation!

Rusty
20th February 2007, 10:16
Crash.net has an article on Jordan confirming his entry for next year
http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~10~id~143449~pid~0.htm

Do you mean this year mate???

Pilfp
21st February 2007, 10:09
yeah, this year. Still adjusting to 2007 lol.

Alfa Fan
21st February 2007, 18:09
Simon Blanckley will race a Honda Integra DC05 for Graham Hathaway Engineering.

Captain VXR
21st February 2007, 18:35
Good news there

Robinho
21st February 2007, 21:46
Simon Blanckley will race a Honda Integra DC05 for Graham Hathaway Engineering.

who and who? did a quick google and all i can see is that Simon has raced a Pug 205 in a club saloon series and Graham Hathaway are involved in GT lights, what has brought them together, whose Integra was it, and have you got a link?

all extra entires great, this one well out of the blue if true

captin 1 VXR
21st February 2007, 21:52
john gerorge (spellt wrong i know ) is been run by his old friends mardi gra again

Robinho
21st February 2007, 21:54
by the way, picked up all the info i asked for about Simon Blankley and Hathaway on the rumours thread, apparently all was in Motoring News

Iain
21st February 2007, 22:08
john gerorge (spellt wrong i know ) is been run by his old friends mardi gra again

TH Motorsport are running it I understand?

PDS
21st February 2007, 22:14
Another up-date

Confirmed.
Rick Kerry - Team AFM - BMW 120d
John George - Mardi Gras - Honda Integra DC5
Mike Jordan - Team Eurotech - Honda Integra DC5
Simon Blanckley - Graham Hathaway Engineering -Honda Integra DC5

The second Motorbase Seat.
Who will partner Erkut Kizilirmak in a Astra Sport Hatch at Arkas.
Jason Hughes at Kartworld.
Dave Pinkney and Richard Marsh with their Alfa Romeo's.
Zero expecting to run Two Lexus.
One Seat Toledo at GR Asia.
Ekne Motorsport with their two Astra Coupe's.
Eoin Murray at Quest in a Alfa 156
Scott racing with their Bio-Diesel powered car

100%hondafan
21st February 2007, 22:26
where did you here this ??

he was th motorsport last time i checked.

PDS
21st February 2007, 22:32
TH Motorsport are running it I understand?

In MN today, it says Mardi Gras!

They could have it wrong, could they?

cos
21st February 2007, 22:36

They could be wrong - the headline for the Blankley story claimed he was buying an "ex-Dynamics Accord" after all...

100%hondafan
21st February 2007, 22:36
ok if it says that it sounds wrong as im sure he has his integra.

cos
21st February 2007, 22:39
The article said Integra... the subeditor must have been on his tea break when that headline was posted.

Back on topic though; everything else I've read (and Mr George's forum postings!) say that he'll be run by TH, not Mardi Gras.

Iain
21st February 2007, 22:40

Well everything I've read all winter has had it down as being run by TH Motorsport, so that's where I got that from!

Not everyone has access to MN every week.

Alfa Fan
21st February 2007, 22:53
John will be run by TH Motorsport. He has confirmed it on this forum in the past. Mardi Gras will continue to run thier BritCar program, which John will also have an involvement in.

PDS
21st February 2007, 22:55
That's fine then!

Just goes to prove that you can't believe everything you read in the press!

tyreman2
21st February 2007, 23:51
That's fine then!

Just goes to prove that you can't believe everything you read in the press!
you just realised that P !!!
surely only The Camera Never Lies unless it's been digitaly enhanced eh?

Captain VXR
22nd February 2007, 15:21
http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=408&PHPSESSID=2feb60b5c9cc7d76b3803fd17f9330f4
Bell confirmed :D and has plans for two E90s for 2008. New sponsor and exciting news to come...

CroftPilgrim
22nd February 2007, 17:12
who and who? did a quick google and all i can see is that Simon has raced a Pug 205 in a club saloon series and Graham Hathaway are involved in GT lights, what has brought them together, whose Integra was it, and have you got a link?

Any chance this could be the Integra Richard Marsh bought? Given the rumour about him and Pinkey running 2 Alfas, maybe Richard's sold it to Simon.....

Rover V8
22nd February 2007, 20:34

He's also been running a Honda Accord ST in various club series over the last couple of years- I think the Hathaway team might have been involved in running it

http://www.supertouringregister.com/entrylist/driver/393.php?PHPSESSID=7d65bfe4d61b95096475e87b0a3635e6

PDS
22nd February 2007, 23:58
Any chance this could be the Integra Richard Marsh bought? Given the rumour about him and Pinkey running 2 Alfas, maybe Richard's sold it to Simon.....
Richard Marsh still has Pinkney's Honda in his possession!

steve4key
23rd February 2007, 08:28
Mark Smith hasn't confirmed yet. he's stated he wants to run but has not actually entered so far.

Was talking to Mark at Autosport International and have seen the car.
I believe he will be on the grid at Brands in April

:p :

Marc W
23rd February 2007, 11:13
I also spoke to him at Autosport as I know him reasonably well. Him running was on condtition of him getting enough funding, which last I heard he hadn't which is why the car is up for sale. I've not been in contact with him for a few weeks but sadly I don't think the situations changed. It's a massive shame as they made some huge progress during last season and were just starting to get the car competitive.

Iain
23rd February 2007, 14:10
Here we go. Sibsport (Simon Blanckley) car revealed. Ex-Howell machine. http://btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=409

Robinho
23rd February 2007, 14:19
car looks good in pre-dominantly white, will be intersting if Simon can prove himself by running with the pro's as he states is his aim, good to see another entry.

what happens with the BTC cars in future season, how long will they be allowed to run alongside S2000 for?

Iain
23rd February 2007, 14:30
I'm not sure if they'll be 'banned' eventually or they'll just gradually fall out of the championship because they aren't a competitive proposition anymore.

Alfa Fan
23rd February 2007, 14:34
They can't win the championship - thus no-ones are going to be developed.

VkmSpouge
23rd February 2007, 14:44
Simon Blanckley sold his house to race in the championship? That's commitment. At least he isn't a stranger to touring cars have raced in one in the Euro Saloons.

Robinho
23rd February 2007, 15:08
They can't win the championship - thus no-ones are going to be developed.

there was never any danger of any new ones built, in fact i don't think they would be allowed to enter as new builds, but as long as the regs allow them in and they are relatively competitive they will remain a cheaper entry into the championship than S2000 machinery that is eligible for the champ, i was just wondering if the current regs allowed for them to be phased out so that they couldn't be entered in say, 3 years, or if Alan is just assuming they will phase themselves out as new entrants move to S2000 machinery over time.

there is no doubt that this years grid is going to be bolstered by the fact that a lot of relatively competitive BTC spec cars have become available relativley cheaply to entrants who don't harbour ambitions of winning the title but want to be part of the show, whilst the existing teams move to S2000 spec.

My fear is that these guys will find themselves excluded again in a year or 2 if and when BTC cars are outlawed altogether and they have to invest in more expensive S2000 cars. i hope that by then there will be a greater sprerad of competitive second hand machinery available, which should be the case as long as the likes of Vauxhall and Dynamics are building their own cars and moving to new cars and models each season, plus the ex WTCC cars and any new manufacturers.

thompp
23rd February 2007, 15:42
Simon Blanckley sold his house to race in the championship? That's commitment. At least he isn't a stranger to touring cars have raced in one in the Euro Saloons.

Is he now going to live in a caravan in Silverstone..?

Captain VXR
23rd February 2007, 15:49
there was never any danger of any new ones built, in fact i don't think they would be allowed to enter as new builds, but as long as the regs allow them in and they are relatively competitive they will remain a cheaper entry into the championship than S2000 machinery that is eligible for the champ, i was just wondering if the current regs allowed for them to be phased out so that they couldn't be entered in say, 3 years, or if Alan is just assuming they will phase themselves out as new entrants move to S2000 machinery over time.

there is no doubt that this years grid is going to be bolstered by the fact that a lot of relatively competitive BTC spec cars have become available relativley cheaply to entrants who don't harbour ambitions of winning the title but want to be part of the show, whilst the existing teams move to S2000 spec.

My fear is that these guys will find themselves excluded again in a year or 2 if and when BTC cars are outlawed altogether and they have to invest in more expensive S2000 cars. i hope that by then there will be a greater sprerad of competitive second hand machinery available, which should be the case as long as the likes of Vauxhall and Dynamics are building their own cars and moving to new cars and models each season, plus the ex WTCC cars and any new manufacturers.

Yes, but there will be bucket loads of S2000 specification cars by then in the UK.

Neil Adams
23rd February 2007, 16:15
i wish SIBSPORT the best of luck for 2007! welcome to the BTCC

wow, 18 confirmed cars allready!

press release from the team on my site

Alfa Fan
23rd February 2007, 16:27
Its actually 20 confirmed cars now. My guess of 30 may not be too far out at this rate, with numerous programs still to be announced

*Xero
*Pinkney/Marsh/Alfa
*GR Asia

kmchow
23rd February 2007, 19:32
Its actually 20 confirmed cars now. My guess of 30 may not be too far out at this rate, with numerous programs still to be announced
Then there must be hundreds of entries if you include all those announced teams looking for sponsors to race in the BTCC! :D

Robinho
23rd February 2007, 20:25
Yes, but there will be bucket loads of S2000 specification cars by then in the UK.

you would hope so, especially of VX and Dynamics churn out a new car every year or 2, and if Seat let people run Leons in BTCC, but S2000 has been going for a while now and it seems it has been pretty tricky to get old of cars, especialy affordable and/or competitive ones.

and if as some teams have stated, the S2000 regs lead to higher build costs than the old regs, then i would imagine this cost will be carried forward to the resale value of the cars too.

VkmSpouge
23rd February 2007, 21:01
Matt Allison has been confirmed on SEATCupra.net as the second Motorbase Performance driver.

http://www.seatcupra.net//seat_sport/seat_sport_uk_btcc/matt_allison_scores_toledo_btcc_drive_566.html

Robinho
23rd February 2007, 22:48
thats good news, good to see another up and coming young driver on the grid, although i guess that Tom Ferrier must be gutted, unless they are planning on the 3rd car and he's in the line for that, or he's in talks elsewhere, after such an impressive debut in the Toledo it seemed like he was in pole position for the SEAT seat.

Captain VXR
24th February 2007, 10:11
I expect if someone came to GR Asia with a S2000 Toledo and a suitcase full of cash, they would run it for them. That is what I hope Tom Ferrier will do seeing as the third Motorbase car IF it happens would be only a part season car.

Northern Monkey
24th February 2007, 12:47
thats good news, good to see another up and coming young driver on the grid, although i guess that Tom Ferrier must be gutted, unless they are planning on the 3rd car and he's in the line for that, or he's in talks elsewhere, after such an impressive debut in the Toledo it seemed like he was in pole position for the SEAT seat.

Tom has been at Monza this week testing a GT3 Porsche

captin 1 VXR
24th February 2007, 13:16
Is he now going to live in a caravan in Silverstone..?

could sound like a film drive in btcc when living in a caravan . get in to wtcc (etcc) win then win championship 3 years on the trot lots of cash given to u and live happly ever after :D

dooh been done already :s mokin: :s mokin:

ATF
24th February 2007, 22:40
20 confirmed cars

S2000

Matt Neal - Team Dynamics - Honda Civic
Gordon Shedden - Team Dynamics - Honda Civic

Matt Allison - Motorbase Performance - SEAT Toledo Cupra

BTC

Mike Jordan - Team Eurotech - Honda Integra

John George - TH Motorsport - Honda Integra

Simon Blanckley - Sibsport - Honda Integra

TBA - Arkas Racing - Vauxhall Astra Sport Hatch

TBA - Encke Sport - Vauxhall Astra Coupe
TBA - Encke Sport - Vauxhall Astra Coupe

And we're waiting official announcements on...

Chris Stockton/BTC Racing - Lexus IS200
Rick Kerry/Team AFM - BMW 120d
Jason Hughes/Kartworld - MG ZS?
Jim Pocklington - BMW 320?
Dave Pinkney/Richard Marsh - Alfa Romeo 156?
Xero Motorsport/Mark Jones - Lexus IS200?
GR Asia - Seat Toledo?
Quest/Eoin Murray - Alfa Romeo 156?
Scott Racing - BMW 320s?

Ed
25th February 2007, 00:44
have enke motorsport officialy confirmed as yet though?

cos
25th February 2007, 00:52
have enke motorsport officialy confirmed as yet though?

They've bought the cars, had them liveried up and got a news release on btcc.net; no news on drivers or testing plans for a while, but I guess we'll wait and see what's on the list come media day...

MBailey06
25th February 2007, 01:43
Also I thought Chris Stockton had been confirmed by BT96? I could be wrong though.

tyreman2
25th February 2007, 10:43
They've bought the cars, had them liveried up and got a news release on btcc.net; no news on drivers or testing plans for a while, but I guess we'll wait and see what's on the list come media day...

They only had one car part liveried for the photo shoot

SEATFreak
25th February 2007, 16:48
I cannot belive the pace of things! It wasn't so long ago when I was last writing and already since then we have two new entires (Sibsports and Mat Allison at Motorbase).

There is so much I need to know about the new guys.

I know from touringcartimes.com Simon Blackley was big in Euro Saloons having taken what much be an ancient-in-motorsport-years 9yr old ex-David Leslie Accord to the title last season but other than that I am ashamed to admit nothing. How good is this Blackley and also of course let me not forget Matt Allison who I know from the same site is the reigning GTC Champion and 2005 Clio Cup Winter Series champ?

Robinho
25th February 2007, 16:56
Simon Blankley is a bit of an unknown quantity at this level, but is a proven club level racer and has a decent car and experianced outfit running it in Graham Hathaway.

he might not have the pace of a Pinkney or Jordan, but perhaps should be mixing it with Marsh, Bell, Lexus's etc, i certainly don't think he will disgrace himself

Mat Allison is a very god young driver, proven in Clios and last year won the GTC champ, should prove to be on a similar pace to Howell in the Toledo i'd expect, might take a little longer to get up to speed but i would think he could be pretty competitive

PDS
25th February 2007, 18:49
And we're waiting official announcements on...

Scott Racing - BMW 320s?

People are still guessing that their car is to be a BMW!?

Ian McC
25th February 2007, 18:56
People are still guessing that their car is to be a BMW!?

Do you know what it is then?

PDS
25th February 2007, 19:12
No, not yet!

It can't be a BMW, as BMW already have the technology to run Bio-Diesel!

Alfa Fan
25th February 2007, 19:29
Alfa Romeo then could be a possiblity. You would think it would be an S2000 car as there's no point developing a new BTC-Touring spec engine.

Alfa Fan
28th February 2007, 15:50
Here's the list:

Fabrizio Giovanardi Triple Eight Race Engineering Vauxhall Vectra
Tom Chilton Triple Eight Race Engineering Vauxhall Vectra
Matt Jackson Jackson Motorsport BMW 320is E90
Matt Allison Motorbase Performance SEAT Toledo Cupra
Erkut Kizilirmak Arkas Racing Vauxhall Astra Sport Hatch
TBA Arkas Racing Vauxhall Astra Sport Hatch
Rick Kerry Team AFM BMW 120d
TBA Geoff Steel Racing BMW 320i E46
David Pinkney Team Griffin Racing Alfa Romeo 156
TBA Team Griffin Racing Alfa Romeo 156
Jason Hughes Kartworld Racing MG ZS
TBA Xero Competition Lexus IS200
Simon Blanckley Graham Hathaway Engineering Honda Integra DC05
Nick Leason NJL Racing with Daniels Motorsport Vauxhall Astra Coupe
Jim Pocklington J Team Motorsport BMW 320i E46

VkmSpouge
28th February 2007, 16:55
That's the list by Motorsport News with 7 of those 28 not having confirmed their entry (at least in public) this year.

Alfa Fan
28th February 2007, 17:24
The article says they're all "commited entries".

VkmSpouge
28th February 2007, 18:25
I suspect they are committed but that doesn't mean they're confirmed yet. We know from articles today in MN and Crash.net that Xero and Encke are still looking for drivers. That second GSR car is an unknown until Bell or Steel reveal their full plans. Hughes and Pinkney haven't officially confirmed they'll enter yet.

And finally there is that one line just under Pinkney on the MN list...
Team: TBA, Car: TBA, Driver: TBA.
That has to be the single most pointless line on an entry list I've ever seen.

Alfa Fan
28th February 2007, 18:38
I thought it was obvious from the order of the list who it was. Its the second Griffin Alfa Romeo, that David Pinkney will race.

MN probabily know that but aren't allowed to print details of it until Marsh/Pinkney/Griffin announce the program.

VkmSpouge
28th February 2007, 18:53
I thought it was obvious from the order of the list who it was. Its the second Griffin Alfa Romeo, that David Pinkney will race.

Precisely you're having to assume by the position it is on the table what it refers to, the line itself gives out no information that we couldn't have got by asking the nearest brick wall. The least that could have been done was put in "Pinkney's team mate" in the driver column or something to that effect.

Alfa Fan
28th February 2007, 18:55
Well it gives the information that an additional car has been entered - just you have to work out it is the Alfa 156 of Pinkney's teammate (Marsh)

tdb
28th February 2007, 20:48
We know from articles today in MN and Crash.net that Xero are still looking for drivers.

1: The list only shows 1 Xero car but we have 2

2: we are not "still looking for drivers"

VkmSpouge
28th February 2007, 20:55
1: The list only shows 1 Xero car but we have 2

I noticed that, they probably forgot about the second.

2: we are not "still looking for drivers"

Well I'm sure when the time is right an announcement will be made :)

Radders
28th February 2007, 21:42
No further news on Adam Jones/GR Asia Toldeo?

Winchester
28th February 2007, 22:01
At the moment it's a shame and a bit worrying we haven't heard anything from Eoin Murray and Adam Jones.
Two very good drivers who appear to be out on a limb. Hope they get sorted in time.

Alfa Fan
28th February 2007, 22:16
I don't really expect to see Eoin Murray at the start of the season unfortunatly. I would be delighted to be proved wrong.

MBailey06
28th February 2007, 22:21
However I think Jones is far more likely than Murray at this moment, but I would also like to be proven wrong, as he was very quick at times last year.

VkmSpouge
28th February 2007, 22:26
It's a real shame, Eoin Murray showed what he could at Donington. If he had a proper budget then he would be able to be run very well.

Pilfp
1st March 2007, 11:34
In my opinion, Murray and Jones could walk into any team and do a good job. Great shame if they didn't appear.

100%hondafan
1st March 2007, 11:39
murray is a good driver given the budget and the chances and he could go far.

if he appears ill be chearing him along just for having the most sexist car!!

Iain
1st March 2007, 14:45
Has the 156 been found guilty of making obscene comments to gridgirls or something? :confused:

100%hondafan
1st March 2007, 16:18
no its just a very nice looking car haha :P

Iain
2nd March 2007, 14:58
Jim Pocklington has confirmed his participation on btcc.net. I make that at least 6 definite BMW entries, maybe even 7 if the 2nd Geoff Steel car comes off.

VkmSpouge
2nd March 2007, 15:20
Hopefully Pocklington will have a good year, interesting to see how he compares to Martyn Bell.

Iain
2nd March 2007, 15:43
Yes that will be interesting. Martyn Bell in his ex-WTCC car and Jim Pocklington in his 3 year old car which has been built from a kit into an S2000 car by Edenbridge, downgraded to Super Production by it's next owner and then built back up into S2000 spec again.

Wilbo
2nd March 2007, 21:22
Sorry, you are confusing Jim's car with my ex Bentwood BMW. Jim's car has always been S2000 and is a relatively unused car despite it being 2 seasons old.

tdb
2nd March 2007, 21:36
I think you're confused! Jim has the ex edenbridge btcc, ex Kevin clarke britcar bmw.

Ed
2nd March 2007, 22:01
yea it the ex justin keen one which is the ex bentwood one

Wilbo
2nd March 2007, 22:06
It's not important but let's set the facts straight. I owned the Bentwood car, which I raced in Production S1 in SP. I then went on to race the Nissan with Jim. Jim converted my car from SP to S2000 which has been sold to a new owner in Sweden. We then went and bought the 2004 S2000 car from Kevin.

---END---

Iain
2nd March 2007, 22:56
Ah right, so the car they're saying is the ex-Edenbridge one isn't? If that makes any sense.

Funks
2nd March 2007, 23:13
I'm completely lost now.

So it's the '03 Bentwood car that is now in Sweden having been converted into s2000 spec...

and the '04 car is the one that Jim will be racing. This is the the thing that Justin Keen drove (briefly) and has always been s2000.

:confused:

VkmSpouge
2nd March 2007, 23:16
Well as long as Pocklington has a BMW 320i E46 in Super 2000 spec that's all that really matters.

cos
2nd March 2007, 23:40
If I've understood it all, this is the car Pocklington now has, raced by Kevin Clarke in Britcar last year and previously campaigned in the BTCC by Justin Keen:

http://eerc.co.uk/cms/e107_plugins/coppermine_menu/albums/userpics/IMG_8004.jpg

Ed
3rd March 2007, 00:57
yea thats the one, so how many cars is it now that have OFFICIALLY confirmed. On another forum someone said Akras may only run one sport hatch as tno driver is interested at the mo as they've gotta pay £300k or sumit

cos
3rd March 2007, 01:49
I make it 20 confirmed drivers, 4 possibles at Encke, BTC and Turk-Speed, and awaiting official news on Pinkney/Marsh, Xero x2 and CWS x2.

VkmSpouge
3rd March 2007, 04:19
Well that CWS for Colin White may only be part time according to what he said in Motorsport News.