PDA

View Full Version : Vodafone Rali of Portugal

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

N.O.T
31st March 2007, 13:15
What do you know about rallying Mousefart? Your national level of rallying makes Wilson jr look like Loeb on the double.

don't overate us.....it might get in our heads.....

Now go watch that French guy ridicule your has been champ.....

Simmi
31st March 2007, 13:16
Anyone think Loeb will win in Finland this year? I do.

White Sauron
31st March 2007, 13:19

With new, faster evolution of the Focus, introduced there, it will be difficult for him...

N.O.T
31st March 2007, 13:22

depends on the championship...if it is still close he will not risk....if he has a good gap he will try.

Wim_Impreza
31st March 2007, 13:23

No, I think Loeb will never win in Finland.

Woodeye
31st March 2007, 13:24

No way.

Simmi
31st March 2007, 13:24
I think thats basically all he is missing from his career to make him a 'great' is a win in Finland.

A.F.F.
31st March 2007, 13:25
don't overate us.....it might get in our heads.....

I do that. There are three Finns in top six, two of them in top three. I think we're covered. What comes to you NOT, I dunno... I do know that you should change your sig to something more suitfull. Now it's something you know nada about. :down:

Woodeye
31st March 2007, 13:25

Which one of our "has been champs"? You know, we have quite a bunch of them.

Unlike you guys.

A.F.F.
31st March 2007, 13:27

Unlike you guys.

:laugh:

:up: touche

White Sauron
31st March 2007, 13:31
my vote goes to finns... if my vote can count as at least a half-finnish...)

TMorel
31st March 2007, 13:34
am I missing something?
I've never been into this nationalistic crap that some people keep spouting
Wilson isn't "mine", Marcus isn't "yours" and Seb isnt.. well... I dunno, anyone want to admit to being French so they can claim him? ;)

OK, so we might not have quite the fight we want between the drivers, but there's still one hell of a lot to enjoy.

anyway, Schumi dominated F1 for a decade or so, if that was anything to go by then we've all got plenty of time to get fed up of watching Seb+Daniel+C4 winning so why rush to be depressed?

N.O.T
31st March 2007, 13:34

Unlike you guys.

I am the first and probably the only Greek that makes fun of our jokes on wheels that in my country we call rally drivers...so using that offence doesn't get to me....

Its nice to see that you agree that the only champs from now on Finland has to offer are "has beens".... the golden era is gone....now just sit back and watch how many finns are in the top 6 because that No1 is reserved....

White Sauron
31st March 2007, 13:37
I am the first and probably the only Greek that makes fun of our jokes on wheels that in my country we call rally drivers...so using that offence doesn't get to me....

Its nice to see that you agree that the only champs from now on Finland has to offer are "has beens".... the golden era is gone....now just sit back and watch how many finns are in the top 6 because that No1 is reserved....

Nothing is eternal on Earth. For how long can Loeb stay the 1st? Even this year it's not the fact with gronholm still in.

Christina
31st March 2007, 13:47

I think that statement is a little bit premature, especially with guys like Mikko and Jari-Matti out there. i think a new era will start soon.

N.O.T
31st March 2007, 13:52
I think that statement is a little bit premature, especially with guys like Mikko and Jari-Matti out there. i think a new era will start soon.

For every Mikko and JM there is a sordo and duval out there.....

Christina
31st March 2007, 14:00
which means that the future of rallying will still be interesting!

I thought people had all but written off frankie.. i'm very sad that he's not here in portugal. :( but i do wish he was driving a better car than the skoda. no matter how much i like the fabia, it's not very quick. he should be in a better car.

Erki
31st March 2007, 14:01
am I missing something?
Wilson isn't "mine", Marcus isn't "yours" and Seb isnt.. well... I dunno, anyone want to admit to being French so they can claim him? ;)

:beer: :)

anyway, Schumi dominated F1 for a decade or so, if that was anything to go by then we've all got plenty of time to get fed up of watching Seb+Daniel+C4 winning so why rush to be depressed?

Daniel everywhere. :crazy:

A.F.F.
31st March 2007, 14:06
For every Mikko and JM there is a sordo and duval out there.....

And other way around. Pisses you off doesn't it ? There's always Finns in topr rallying.
:D

Kamikaze
31st March 2007, 14:09
This Guy fromm Greece is so funny :p

But to call him Mousefart is not fair !

It offends every Mousefart :D

PatRedmond
31st March 2007, 14:10
am I missing something?

OK, so we might not have quite the fight we want between the drivers, but there's still one hell of a lot to enjoy.

Well said!!

As a Canadian, I have no 'National' driver whatsoever, so I wish all drivers success.

I do like BLUE however ... :p :

Woodeye
31st March 2007, 14:13

I don't remember agreeing anything with you.

Compare the number of Finns in top six to number of other nationalities. After that calculation come and tell again that the golden era is over.

MJW
31st March 2007, 14:19
For every Mikko and JM there is a sordo and duval out there..... Duval! what planet are you on?

As for Loeb, we will see how he adapt to Italian rubber in 2008. For the last 4 years Loeb has enjoyed superior car and tyre combination.

Mauri A
31st March 2007, 14:40
This is for Finns. Remember what our former President said about getting provoked!

vilamoura2007
31st March 2007, 14:42
World Rally Championship 2007 (Leg 2 - PE 9)part 1 - March the 31st
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jm0mWFZSqs

Next parts will be online in some minutes from now.

Finni
31st March 2007, 14:48
In my view Loeb has very good chance to win Finland. I suspect that with C4 he will be stronger than with the Xsara. We don't if Ford's new evolution is ready for Finland and yet we don't know if it's any better than the current one. I think that C4's key for Finland is strong straight speed and acceleration - that means much in Finland.

It's very difficult to build faster car in current rallying. It seems that for instance the C4 has been only marginally faster than the old-mother-Xsara.

A.F.F.
31st March 2007, 14:49
This is for Finns. Remember what our former President said about getting provoked!

I hear you Mauri.

It just hit me anyways. NOT is like an elevator music. Same s h i t t y song and always on the background.

Doesn't bother me anymore :)

Woodeye
31st March 2007, 14:53

Oh, I know. It's just that I quitted smoking two days ago and I'm really pissed at the moment.

Erki
31st March 2007, 14:57
Oh, I know. It's just that I quitted smoking two days ago and I'm really pissed at the moment.

Now I thin it's safe to say that when a puupää starts smoking, he really IS a puupää. :eek:

Erki
31st March 2007, 14:59
Now I thin it's safe to say that when a puupää starts smoking, he really IS a puupää. :eek:

To think more about it... who pissed on you? :eek:

Mauri A
31st March 2007, 15:06
What´s the weather in Algarve now? Are the clouds pissing on rallycars?

White Sauron
31st March 2007, 15:08
Well)) Wilslow is faster than gronholm on the first run...

N.O.T
31st March 2007, 15:14
I hear you Mauri.

It just hit me anyways. NOT is like an elevator music. Same s h i t t y song and always on the background.

Doesn't bother me anymore :)

yup, exactly, but just like that elevator music...you cannot do anything about it, and it always gets in your head....

N.O.T
31st March 2007, 15:15
Well)) Wilslow is faster than gronholm on the first run...

the stage is dry then i guess....

jonkka
31st March 2007, 15:16
Dum-dum-dum-li-dum-laa...

jonkka
31st March 2007, 15:18
Lots of GPS problems again. Or are Gigi and Carlsson off?

jonkka
31st March 2007, 15:19
That's more like it, JM. Sordo under fire...

seph
31st March 2007, 15:21
Oh, Dani, what happened??? Come on!!!

White Sauron
31st March 2007, 15:24
Oh, Dani, what happened??? Come on!!!

just hope the same happens to Loeb))

Mauri A
31st March 2007, 15:28
Not fair!

jonkka
31st March 2007, 15:29

And it does... :eek:

Finni
31st March 2007, 15:29
Loeb now slower

Simmi
31st March 2007, 15:30
Its hardly that unfair to wish a rival driver to be slow on a stage

N.O.T
31st March 2007, 15:31
We might have a battle after this one opnce again .....Loeb is losing a bit.

seph
31st March 2007, 15:31
Well, Loeb's just a few seconds slower, man...

Donney
31st March 2007, 15:35
Loeb is doing similar times to Solberg,....

jonkka
31st March 2007, 15:35
And has been faster towards the end anyway so keep your thumbs up

jonkka
31st March 2007, 15:36
Dani is reported to be driving with door open :eek:

Finni
31st March 2007, 15:37
Nah, Loeb strike back.. he did unbelievably the last split.

Donney
Maybe he checked Gronholm's split times.

Corny
Marcus said Seb choose the better tyre on the last boucle.. What a surprise!

CABAIO E'LONA
Sordo with problems?

N.O.T
31st March 2007, 15:38
Ah ok...order is being restored again....

Christina
31st March 2007, 15:38
oohh.. Problems for Sordo! Dani over 22.5 seconds slower than Jari-matti. this could get interesting!

Problems with both doors on the Citroen.

jonkka
31st March 2007, 15:39
Problems with both doors on the Citroen.

Since Carlsson is on Citroen too, does that mean he's driving rear door open? :eek:

Donney
31st March 2007, 15:40
Both doors!!!! That's surprising!

Finni
31st March 2007, 15:40
bad tendency for winning battle..

Christina
31st March 2007, 15:41
Since Carlsson is on Citroen too, does that mean he's driving rear door open? :eek:

Well if you think about the fact that i was talking about dani sordo (citroen driver) and his problems on the stage, do you think i was referring to the doors of Daniel Carlsson?

jonkka
31st March 2007, 15:43
Just an insider joke about swedish people, CTina... :eek:

N.O.T
31st March 2007, 15:44
Loeb wins the stage....

Simmi
31st March 2007, 15:50
Must be gauling for Gronholm to see his advantages slashed by Loeb. He ALWAYS seems to have something in reserve.

seph
Loeb wins the stage....

I think he dedicates it to all this people that got happy when he lost five seconds at the beginning of the stage. lol.

Mauri A
A comment from Timo Rautiainen in Finnish TV: The last part of the stage is not so fast as the first part. Kristian Sohlberg commented that because C4 is slightly more powerful, that may explain the difference in the last half of the stage. Explanation, you may believe, or not.

Corny
31st March 2007, 15:51
Marcus reporting Seb has got harder (better) tyres..

This makes me angry, somehow

jonkka
31st March 2007, 15:55
Explanation, you may believe, or not.

I am inclined towards the "not" (not N.O.T.), especially since it comes from K. Sohlberg.

Mauri A
31st March 2007, 15:57
I am inclined towards the "not" (not N.O.T.), especially since it comes from K. Sohlberg.
It wasn´t from Kari O. !!

jonkka
31st March 2007, 15:59
Kari O. I would believe but not Kristian.

Mauri A
31st March 2007, 16:04
Kari O. I would believe but not Kristian.
Nice yo see that somebody still has faith in us seniors!

jonkka
31st March 2007, 16:05
:)

jonkka
31st March 2007, 16:12
Henning, to pass Carlsson or no? I reckon yes, quite likely.

jparker
31st March 2007, 16:13
Henning, to pass Carlsson or no? I reckon yes, quite likely.

I don't see splits for Carlsson.

Mauri A
31st March 2007, 16:13
Latvala. A tiny off again?

jonkka
31st March 2007, 16:19
Same for Marcus at split 2? :eek:

jonkka
31st March 2007, 16:20
And Sordo faster than Latvala...

jonkka
31st March 2007, 16:23
Looks like it's all over...

jonkka
31st March 2007, 16:24
People have lost their interest, I am alone in here? :eek:

ZequeArgentina
31st March 2007, 16:24
things are getting clear, not many position fights, Loeb is gaining more tiem and getting a little more confortable for tomorrow stages. Any way, championship will get interesting (Drivers, as manufacturers still ford has advantage)

Edit: Carlsson and Hening do have a fight!!!

Woodeye
31st March 2007, 16:26
People have lost their interest, I am alone in here? :eek:

yep. it's only you left in here.

I just have to say that Seb is like a machine. Looks quite unstobbable at the moment.

Mauri A
31st March 2007, 16:26
Game over, I´ll quit.

Woodeye
31st March 2007, 16:27
+14 secs!? Now it's over.

jparker
31st March 2007, 16:28
things are getting clear, not many position fights, Loeb is gaining more tiem and getting a little more confortable for tomorrow stages. Any way, championship will get interesting (Drivers, as manufacturers still ford has advantage)

Edit: Carlsson and Hening do have a fight!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what you are saying is if Gronholm is few seconds ahead it's all exiting, if Loeb is leading it's all boring?

Erki
31st March 2007, 16:30
Looks like this one is sealed now. Next please. :)

Christina
31st March 2007, 16:31
Marcus and mikko saying that their tyres are "finished"

Erki
Correct me if I'm wrong, but what you are saying is if Gronholm is few seconds ahead it's all exiting, if Loeb is leading it's all boring?

Where do you get that impression? Bosse is now over half a minute down, i.e. practically knocked out.

ZequeArgentina

Not exactly. But in this rally it would be very interestying if at this stage of the rally Seb would be 15 seconds back from Gronholm, and chasing him.

Anyway, I do not get bored, I just stand up and clap my hands for Loeb, he is a very compelte driver doing what he knows best, manage the rally from the lead

ProRally
31st March 2007, 16:33
A comment from Timo Rautiainen in Finnish TV: The last part of the stage is not so fast as the first part. Kristian Sohlberg commented that because C4 is slightly more powerful, that may explain the difference in the last half of the stage. Explanation, you may believe, or not.

I Krisse giving comments on Finnish TV ?

vilamoura2007
31st March 2007, 16:37
Weather is good. No rain. Sky clear.
World Rally Championship 2007 (Leg 2 - PE 9)part 2
online now.
Next parts will be online later.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dzUyEKLRGk

Tomi
31st March 2007, 16:40
I Krisse giving comments on Finnish TV ?

yes, free advertising :)

jparker
Where do you get that impression? Bosse is now over half a minute down, i.e. practically knocked out.

My comment was in general.
After all we had close fight for almost 2 days.

N.O.T
Loeb beat those two ford kids like sick dogs without an owner.....he makes perferction look easy....

Roy
31st March 2007, 16:44

This win of Loeb can be exiting of the rally title. But... He wins so many. Its getting boring and I am afraid for the sport. Mikko, J-M, Petter and others can't match him. Only Gronholm (sometimes) But he is leaving this yaer (i think).
It will be tough for the sport, if nobody can cath him.

So if Loeb is win and win again, thats is boring. If gronholm next rallioes win is even boring. I like it as Ford fan, but is not good for the sport. We need many good fast drivers in this sport. That is the future. Not one single man who wins everyting.

ProRally
31st March 2007, 16:46
yes, free advertising :)
:laugh: :laugh: Red Devil anyone ? :laugh: :laugh:

MHjerpe
31st March 2007, 17:02
SS13 is going on and no one cares about it :)

Simmi
31st March 2007, 17:10
No first split for Mikko. Hopefully just a GPS problem.

ZequeArgentina
31st March 2007, 17:12
no second split either

Miika
31st March 2007, 17:15
SS13 is going on and no one cares about it :)

Not even that elevator music around either..

Simmi
Phew Mikko in. 2.8 down on Petter

ZequeArgentina
just GPS p`roblem, he is safe and at a logic rithm, 2 seconds down peter

Erki
31st March 2007, 17:17
What happened to Atkinson?

pino
31st March 2007, 17:18
No many cares anymore because unfortunatelly for us rally-fans, Loeb is killing the champ...again :(

N.O.T
31st March 2007, 17:18
went off....

Kamikaze
31st March 2007, 17:20
Here it is again, that strange Elevator-music :rolleyes:

White Sauron
31st March 2007, 17:22
went off....

With all my respect to Seb, after all these years of his domination I'd like your words were related to him...

MHjerpe
31st March 2007, 17:22
Well that's it for today... hope something happens tomorrow... (DC catching up henning ) :)

Wim_Impreza
31st March 2007, 17:23
No many cares anymore because unfortunatelly for us rally-fans, Loeb is killing the champ...again :(

Marcus will be leading the championship after tomorrow if the standings stays so.

ZequeArgentina
31st March 2007, 17:26
Well that's it for today... hope something happens tomorrow... (DC catching up henning ) :)

And Peter getting Mikko

White Sauron
31st March 2007, 17:31
Marcus will be leading the championship after tomorrow if the standings stays so.

What's more important Citroen won't get any closer to Ford with this result!)))

pino
31st March 2007, 17:34

Yes...due to that stupid point-system ;)

jparker
31st March 2007, 17:36

Not really, it's just the way WRC works, someone has to be a winner and usually that's the team with best package. Citroen has the better package, and Ford are entitled to improve and try to change that. It's as simple as that I'm afraid, whether you like it or not.

White Sauron
31st March 2007, 17:38
Yes...due to that stupid point-system ;)

No. Because Ford has the best-balanced and fast-everywhere line-up.

Roy
31st March 2007, 17:39
Classifications after Rally Portugal (not count leg 3)

Gronholm 40
Loeb 38
Hirvonen 32
Sordo 17
Solberg H 13
Solberg P 13
Latvala 9
Carlsson 7
Stohl 6
Gardemeister 5
Galli 3
Kopeckey 2
Wilson 1

BP-Ford 72
Citroen-Total 57
Stobart-Ford 24
Subaru 24
OMV-Citroen 18

Great performance of Stobart. In third place!

pino
31st March 2007, 17:40
Not really, it's just the way WRC works, someone has to be a winner and usually that's the team with best package. Citroen has the better package, and Ford are entitled to improve and try to change that. It's as simple as that I'm afraid, whether you like it or not.

Yes I know that very well, but when someone wins for too long and in the way Sebastien does, for most of the fans, it's boring...whether you like it or not ;)

Tomi
31st March 2007, 17:44
Yes I know that very well, but when someone wins for too long and in the way Sebastien does, for most of the fans, it's boring...whether you like it or not ;)

agree, if the win would be better revarded drivers would not give up so easy and secure points.

ZequeArgentina
31st March 2007, 17:45
Have you noticed that Super 2000 (at least Magalhaes with the 207) is not much faster than S1600 (AAva or Andersson´s Suzukis), actually they are even equal, and this is gravel!.

and for refference we have Flodin in a "normal" N4, who shows the 207 is going at good N4 rithm

Simmi
31st March 2007, 17:50
In his 74 WRC car outings Loeb's average points score has been 6.4 points. That's what it averages out at despite him only ever coming third twice.

That shows why people are so down about the WRC due to this mans dominance. I just hold my hands up and say he is a truely brilliant driver. Portugal should be another rally to add to his amazing CV.

René
31st March 2007, 17:51
Atkinson off road !

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqyQ1MdcNb8

jparker
31st March 2007, 17:54

I like it either way. Despite the fact that I sound like Loeb's fan, I'm not. In fact I don't support any driver exclusively.
The important question here is, how do you change Loeb's domination?

Simmi
31st March 2007, 18:10
Atkinson off road !

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqyQ1MdcNb8

Atko was quite lucky that accident could have been a lot worse if there was a steeper drop or rocks etc.

Helstar
31st March 2007, 18:13
Atkinson off road !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqyQ1MdcNb8
Weird, it seems he got incoherent notes ... arrived flat out in that left corner down there.
What a crash ... they rolled multiple times and landed many meters away the point of impact ^^ phew.

René
31st March 2007, 18:14
For sure it seems like really hight speed ! :eek:

N.O.T
31st March 2007, 18:24
With all my respect to Seb, after all these years of his domination I'd like your words were related to him...

Yes its a nice way to show your incopetence as a person and as a character....you are like all these little pathetic guys who wish others to make mistakes so you can be on top rather than stepping up your game....its easier to expect others to do the work for you than to achieve something by yourself....

well we cannot all be perfect....can we ???

White Sauron
31st March 2007, 18:33
Yes its a nice way to show your incopetence as a person and as a character....you are like all these little pathetic guys who wish others to make mistakes so you can be on top rather than stepping up your game....its easier to expect others to do the work for you than to achieve something by yourself....

well we cannot all be perfect....can we ???

Yeah, sure. Just like you. Supporting the strongest at the moment and then switching in your support to a driver who looks stronger is the perfect way of showing your competence. How long have you been Loeb's fan? Oh, no, what am I saying, you can't be a fan of any driver. just cause you don't support their driving abilities. When Gronholm was dominant in 2002, he was your favorite, now it's Loeb' turn. I won't be surprised if, when Mikko becomes a new champ, you'll be cheering for him, even though now you're calling him a lil kid, who can't cantinue the golden era of finnish rallying!!

Corny
31st March 2007, 18:33

Nah...

When Mäkinen won his four titles in a row, it was not really boring uh! He didn't win everything in his years, and he got his championships in years where he had tears and champain..

That's the problem with Loeb, we don't care if he will be champion for the next 10 years, but let the rallies be interesting! let the championship be interesting, when that's the fact you here no one complain about the boring Loeb/Citroën..

Tomi
31st March 2007, 18:41
I dont understand you guys really, why whining all the time if Loeb wins, every win has came by driving this year so whats the problem.

Miika
31st March 2007, 18:49
"Aika entinen ei koskaan enää palaa.."

Tomi
31st March 2007, 18:51
varmaan palaa, onhan näitä ollu ennenkin, silloin tällöin.

White Sauron
31st March 2007, 18:52

good words. totally agree. But we shouldn't miss about past, we should better look into the bright future.

Roy
31st March 2007, 19:07

varmaan palaa, onhan näitä ollu ennenkin, silloin tällöin.

good words. totally agree. But we shouldn't miss about past, we should better look into the bright future.

Yeah! off course, sure, ok. :rolleyes:
The WRC is like an Open Finland/Suomi Championship. ;) But this is a national forum. Can you translate?

Ik snap er helemaal niks van! :confused:

Miika
31st March 2007, 19:10
Meaning the times have changed and we won´t have the kind of battles in WRC we had in the past.

Miika
31st March 2007, 19:11
Meaning the times have changed and we won´t have the kind of battles in WRC we had in the past.

White Sauron
31st March 2007, 19:11
Yeah! off course, sure, ok. :rolleyes:
The WRC is like an Open Finland/Suomi Championship. ;) But this is a national forum. Can you translate?

Ik snap er helemaal niks van! :confused:

Miika said that we the past time will never return.

Tom206wrc
31st March 2007, 19:17
BP-Ford 72
Citroen-Total 57
Stobart-Ford 24
Subaru 24
OMV-Citroen 18

Great performance of Stobart. In third place!

The most funny is that Subaru team refused Kronos Citroën team some more testing because they were threatened by the private belgian team, and finally there would be another team to start to make them bite the dust !!! :laugh:

Madeira
31st March 2007, 19:42
Have you noticed that Super 2000 (at least Magalhaes with the 207) is not much faster than S1600 (AAva or Andersson´s Suzukis), actually they are even equal, and this is gravel!.

and for refference we have Flodin in a "normal" N4, who shows the 207 is going at good N4 rithm
Bruno Magalhães in the last two SS was in safe mode because today's result counts like a single round of Portuguese Championship and so that he has scored 10 points for the championship.

N.O.T
31st March 2007, 19:47
Yeah, sure. Just like you. Supporting the strongest at the moment and then switching in your support to a driver who looks stronger is the perfect way of showing your competence. How long have you been Loeb's fan? Oh, no, what am I saying, you can't be a fan of any driver. just cause you don't support their driving abilities. When Gronholm was dominant in 2002, he was your favorite, now it's Loeb' turn. I won't be surprised if, when Mikko becomes a new champ, you'll be cheering for him, even though now you're calling him a lil kid, who can't cantinue the golden era of finnish rallying!!

My favourite driver was Kankkunen, when he retired Burns took his place....don't have a favourite since then....but Loeb has my respect, i don't support him but i am not bothered if he wins by pure driving skills. never really supported Gronholm but i enjoyed when he was dominant even and though he was beating Burns never wished to crash.

Miika
31st March 2007, 20:04
According to MTV3 the officials are suspecting that Marcus´car is under-weight and could be excluded - not official yet.

DonJippo
31st March 2007, 20:17
Not the first time with Ford...

Subaru WRX
31st March 2007, 20:37
seems that Subaru is once again far from a 1st victory with the new Impreza '07, anyway its by far quiker than the foolish 2006 model

Tom206wrc
31st March 2007, 20:45
According to MTV3 the officials are suspecting that Marcus´car is under-weight and could be excluded - not official yet.

I have also read the news from Autosport Portugal( http://www.autosport.pt )... :s

N.O.T
31st March 2007, 20:45
seems that Subaru is once again far from a 1st victory with the new Impreza '07, anyway its by far quiker than the foolish 2006 model

the thing is why waste all these millions for developing a new car just to be faster than the old one but still slower than the competition ?? They could achieve such results with the older model.

Waldrons11
31st March 2007, 21:04
I have also read the news from Autosport Portugal( http://www.autosport.pt )... :s

Marcus just out of the stewards meeting, he's been cleared!!

Madeira
31st March 2007, 21:14
Portuguese tv announced right now!
Everything is ok with Marcus's Ford, he will start tomorrow!

Subaru WRX
31st March 2007, 21:19
the thing is why waste all these millions for developing a new car just to be faster than the old one but still slower than the competition ?? They could achieve such results with the older model.
sorry but the 2007 Impreza is a brand new car, and for sure it has a great potential, as for the 2006 model, it was horrible and very slow, even the privateer Peugeot and Skoda teams were quiker than the SWRT :p

N.O.T
31st March 2007, 21:29
sorry but the 2007 Impreza is a brand new car, and for sure it has a great potential, as for the 2006 model, it was horrible and very slow, even the privateer Peugeot and Skoda teams were quiker than the SWRT :p

a cars potential is shown out of the box i think...look at the C4 and also when the new ford was introduced...both cars were winners....you cannot gain too much once out of the factory...maybe a few seconds but that will not make a winner out of the new subaru...especially when Ford is preparing to introduce a new evolution soon.

Subaru WRX
31st March 2007, 21:40
for sure both Ford and C4 were winners from the begining, but give the Prodrive and STi guys some times to improve the car and we will see !

vilamoura2007
31st March 2007, 22:26
World Rally Championship 2007 (Leg 2 - PE 12)part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTqf6VyGZCw

Grany
31st March 2007, 23:29
Marcus just out of the stewards meeting, he's been cleared!!

I wonder how would have been the members of this board if that had happen with Loeb...

N.O.T
31st March 2007, 23:52
Half of them would cry and the other half would accuse the citroen team of bribing the officials....

MHjerpe
1st April 2007, 07:10
Soo another day... and they are leaving the Parc Ferme now...

Bruno Portela
1st April 2007, 07:39
Good morning everybody!!!!

Catiocha7
1st April 2007, 07:44
Good morning everybody!!!!
Morning :)

MHjerpe
1st April 2007, 08:00
1 April today... is it only in Sweden we have 1 April jokes ?

Helstar
1st April 2007, 08:08
1 April today... is it only in Sweden we have 1 April jokes ?
Nope they are everywhere ! Look out =)

MHjerpe
1st April 2007, 08:11
What are they talking about on the Radio ?

jparker
1st April 2007, 08:11
Rally Radio says, big news comming up, but they can't say what yet.

jparker
1st April 2007, 08:12
Bosse excluded maybe?

MHjerpe
1st April 2007, 08:13
All Fords excluded.... !

Bad April Joke.... :)

White Sauron
1st April 2007, 08:13
Bosse excluded maybe?

no, his underweight is legal

jparker
1st April 2007, 08:15

We'll see. I hope tha radio is not pulling our legs with April 1 jokes.

Bruno Portela
1st April 2007, 08:16

:) :) :)

I'm listening to the portuguese radio, and there's no big news

MHjerpe
1st April 2007, 08:18
It's al about Bosses underweight... and he is not exlcuded... (yet)

Bruno Portela
1st April 2007, 08:21
It's showtime, Armindo Araujo allready on the ss

Bruno Portela
1st April 2007, 08:28
Armindo is loosing time to Slowilson

MHjerpe
1st April 2007, 08:35
henning +2 split 1 to dc....

Helstar
1st April 2007, 08:36
Seems that Gigi finally found a correct setup (or tyre choose) ... already yesterday in the afternoon good times. It's encouraging in the prospect of the other rallies (all on gravel ^^) too.

Bruno Portela
1st April 2007, 08:37
Armindo is loosing time to Slowilson

But still in front of him. He has changed his setup during the night and used this ss to test the new setup.

Promised to go faster on the next stage!!

Bruno Portela
1st April 2007, 08:38
Seems that Gigi finally found a correct setup (or tyre choose) ... already yesterday in the afternoon good times. It's encouraging in the prospect of the other rallies (all on gravel ^^) too.

My cousin is watching the rally and he told me that the most spectacular driver was Galli.

MHjerpe
1st April 2007, 08:40
henning stopped ?

MHjerpe
1st April 2007, 08:40
no there is the split

Helstar
1st April 2007, 08:41
My cousin is watching the rally and he told me that the most spectacular driver was Galli.
Good ... bad thing is that Gigi is going to retire because of unfixable brakes failure (oil leak). Oh Dear.

Bruno Portela
1st April 2007, 08:42
Good ... bad thing is that Gigi is going to retire because of unfixable brakes failure (oil leak). Oh Dear.

Why the hell does he need the brakes???? :) :)

Helstar
1st April 2007, 08:44
Why the hell does he need the brakes???? :) :)
Yes sometimes he forgets to use them xD
I think he will cruise to the service ...

Let's see him in action on a previously published youtube link ... ;_;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dzUyEKLRGk

pino
1st April 2007, 08:48
Morning Guys :D

Wim_Impreza
1st April 2007, 08:56
Best time for Hirvonen.

malscar
1st April 2007, 08:57
Morning Pino.

jonkka
1st April 2007, 09:02
Morning, pile

Bruno Portela
1st April 2007, 09:03
What's wrong with the estonian splits????

pino
1st April 2007, 09:03
My splits don't work...how about yours ?

jonkka
1st April 2007, 09:04
Nope, they're out

MHjerpe
1st April 2007, 09:05
zone.ee down :( this seems to work though... http://www.nuclear.pri.ee/rally/index.php?by=5&stage=15&rally=Portugal

DonJippo
1st April 2007, 09:05
Nothing wrong with my splits :D

pino
1st April 2007, 09:10
Nothing wrong with my splits :D

And...who's leading ? :p :

jonkka
1st April 2007, 09:12
What's wrong with Henning, he's been losing out to DC

HG_Lancer
1st April 2007, 09:16
hello all

i suggest BFG site, Hirvo won ss14, he now 26 secs over Solberg

René
1st April 2007, 09:23
You have this site too ! working nicely : http://wrc.ergo.pri.ee/splits.htm

Helstar
1st April 2007, 09:26
Seems that Gigi fixed the brakes... or he really doesn't use them xD

Koppomsbo
1st April 2007, 09:26
Good morning all, any intresting fights to follow today or can i go back to bed :D

Wim_Impreza
1st April 2007, 09:30
Good morning all, any intresting fights to follow today or can i go back to bed :D

There are unfortunately not really interesting fights.

Koppomsbo
1st April 2007, 09:37
bah, as usual then, lets see if PG can close the gap to Aava

CABAIO E'LONA
1st April 2007, 09:39
1 Loeb
2 Gronholm à 48"5
3 Hirvonen à 1'58"1
4 Solberg à 2'35"7
5 Sordo à 4'34"6
6 Latvala à 5'16"4
7 Carlsson à 7'32"3
8 Solberg à 7'57"

Xeroid
1st April 2007, 09:39
No one in the top 14 has moved, the gaps are to big to close before last stage and unless someone has an 'off' it's gone all boring again.
Might as well go to bed ....

Wim_Impreza
1st April 2007, 09:42
Carlsson is today much faster than Henning.

ste898
1st April 2007, 10:06
I cannot see how there is any interest in this one horse race.....no wonder the viewing figures are down.
I certainly wont be watching this pile of ****e as I did'nt watch Mexico!!!!

Woodeye
1st April 2007, 10:26
:s nore:

White Sauron
1st April 2007, 10:26
Well, we easilly judge the interest to a rally. During Norway it was almost impossible sometimes to log on this forum or to post anything. Now this forum is fast as asual... Show everything...

MHjerpe
1st April 2007, 10:39
If they only could bring tha whole WRC live to the webb... cameras and everyting... you can choose wich car you want to see incar from... live.. and can jump around the cars... and there are some cameras walking around the service place all the time also broadcasting live on the web... all splits and times, footage and gps maps should be free... no stupid wrc+ and things like that..

Peugeot206WRC
1st April 2007, 10:39
Carlsson is today much faster than Henning.

Im little disappointment at him, I thought he would be much faster with the Xsara than what he shown so far this year. He only drive safe and dont pushing for better positions, he want the get to the finish (maybe he realised he cant handle the speed yet).

But on the other hand he has no experience with the Xsara on gravel at all and its his first gravel rally in a long time. Also he said it was very difficault driving on the wet gravel (yesterday).

Another thing I wonder is how Stohl can be so bad this year when he had 1 great year in the Pug and one good in the Xsara earlier, is the car so much bader then the Pug already???

Peugeot206WRC
1st April 2007, 10:41
If they only could bring tha whole WRC live to the webb... cameras and everyting... you can choose wich car you want to see incar from... live.. and can jump around the cars... and there are some cameras walking around the service place all the time also broadcasting live on the web... all splits and times, footage and gps maps should be free... no stupid wrc+ and things like that..

Imagine what that would cost for them :D
Or loosing money for the tv rights, when everybody watch it on the webb instead

vilamoura2007
1st April 2007, 10:43
World Rally Championship 2007 (Leg 2 Final)part 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYB876jTCOU

vilamoura2007
1st April 2007, 10:46
World Rally Championship 2007 Summary
All uploaded videos

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Elvio2007

MHjerpe
1st April 2007, 10:55
Imagine what that would cost for them :D
Or loosing money for the tv rights, when everybody watch it on the webb instead

Just an idea to get more ppl to follow the sport... put in comersials here and there in it too... free is the keyword...

Peugeot206WRC
1st April 2007, 11:05
Just an idea to get more ppl to follow the sport... put in comersials here and there in it too... free is the keyword...

Yes im sure more people would follow the sport then.
It would only have positive things with something like this free.
But I think something like this would never happen, it would cost them a lot and they thinking to much on money to make something like this.
I think even with a sponsor and commercial breaks you would have to pay to watch it, thats them.

Xeroid
1st April 2007, 11:23
If they put enough decent coverage on it might be WORTH paying for it. At present the price they ask ( especially after exchange rates down here ) make it not even worth considering.

jonkka
1st April 2007, 11:37
What do you make out of this?
http://www.google.com/tisp/

MHjerpe
1st April 2007, 11:39
seems to be april at google to :)

Koppomsbo
1st April 2007, 11:40

jonkka
1st April 2007, 11:45
Rather good, don't you think?

Koppomsbo
1st April 2007, 11:50
shouldnt the cars be on stage now?

MHjerpe
1st April 2007, 11:53
They are..

vilamoura2007
1st April 2007, 11:54
Leg 3 - 1st of April - will be online in 5 minutes time.

Peugeot206WRC
1st April 2007, 11:55
They are..

Not Jari Matti, hes talking about cooking and cleaning at home, and teaching.. ?

Christina
1st April 2007, 11:55
is that why wilson and araujo are on stage now?

Wim_Impreza
1st April 2007, 12:02
Im little disappointment at him, I thought he would be much faster with the Xsara than what he shown so far this year. He only drive safe and dont pushing for better positions, he want the get to the finish (maybe he realised he cant handle the speed yet).

But on the other hand he has no experience with the Xsara on gravel at all and its his first gravel rally in a long time. Also he said it was very difficault driving on the wet gravel (yesterday).

His speed is a bit disappointed this year, but he brings the car every time to the finish and every time in the points. He drove this rally the last 3 years too and won in 2005. I expected much more, but maybe he will show better speed when he knows the car better on gravel. Compared to Stohl, he is the first man of the Kronos team.

vilamoura2007
1st April 2007, 12:16
World Rally Championship 2007 Leg 3 part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bddtggh8tMg

Koppomsbo
1st April 2007, 12:17
No first split for Mikko??

jonkka
1st April 2007, 12:18
But 2nd so all is ok

Koppomsbo
1st April 2007, 12:18
ah there he is

vilamoura2007
1st April 2007, 12:23
No first split for Mikko??

Mikko is on leg 3 video ;)

Peugeot206WRC
1st April 2007, 12:35
Anyone know why Loeb is using different helmets all the time, in Mexico I even saw him wearing that "F1" helmet with cover over the mouth and in next stage he got the one that only covers half of the mouth...

MHjerpe
1st April 2007, 12:41
oh ohh.. henning...

pentti
1st April 2007, 12:42
Anyone know why Loeb is using different helmets all the time, in Mexico I even saw him wearing that "F1" helmet with cover over the mouth and in next stage he got the one that only covers half of the mouth...It depends how hot it is.

Koppomsbo
1st April 2007, 12:42
auch what happend to Henning

Koppomsbo
1st April 2007, 12:45
PG only 4,6 sec after Aava now!!!! Something to look for at the last stages :bounce:

pino
1st April 2007, 12:45
what happened to Henning ? :s

Peugeot206WRC
1st April 2007, 12:46
It depends how hot it is.

Are you sure?
I thought the heavier one was for getting more weight on the car and get grip so he can drive faster and get much cover of the head if he crash.
The other one is maybe for gliding around the stage and just keeping the place.

Koppomsbo
1st April 2007, 12:46
Are you sure?
I thought the heavier one was for getting more weight on the car and get grip so he can drive faster and get much cover of the head if he crash.
The other one is maybe for gliding around the stage and just keeping the place.

pentti
1st April 2007, 12:51
Are you sure?
The other one is maybe for gliding around the stage and just keeping the place.I am sure you are right. Thanks for correcting my wayward thinking.

vilamoura2007
1st April 2007, 12:52
Stadium Algarve is prepared for "Super Special" and it's getting full right now.
FIA commented that this World Rally is the best of all times.

vilamoura2007
1st April 2007, 12:53
Armindo stopped. I hope he can put the car on the road again.

Peugeot206WRC
1st April 2007, 12:56
I am sure you are right. Thanks for correcting my wayward thinking.

haha
But in the end, the heat thing seems more probable

Doon
1st April 2007, 13:02
On SS17, it looks to me that Wilson has had a very fast last split! He has made time on everyone bar Gronholm, whats that about?!

Peugeot206WRC
1st April 2007, 13:07
On SS17, it looks to me that Wilson has had a very fast last split! He has made time on everyone bar Gronholm, whats that about?!

The accelerator pedal probably got stuck on full speed.
Or maybe theres something wrong with the splits?

2 secs behind P Solberg on a 22km stage, a one time occurrence.

Koppomsbo
1st April 2007, 13:11
Something wrong with Flodin or is just Aava and Pg pushing REALY hard ?

Koppomsbo
1st April 2007, 13:13
Waaaao PG flew past Aava :up:

Doon
1st April 2007, 13:24
The accelerator pedal probably got stuck on full speed.
Or maybe theres something wrong with the splits?

2 secs behind P Solberg on a 22km stage, a one time occurrence.

I reckon this is a sign of things to come! ;)

GigiGalliNo1
1st April 2007, 14:08
is the coverage live on wrc+ yet?

Christina
1st April 2007, 14:12
zone.ee splits are not working.. splits are still stuck on the last stage.

GigiGalliNo1
1st April 2007, 14:25
w00t! enjoying the wrc+ tina? :p

PatRedmond
1st April 2007, 14:38

Would certainly get more audience over here in North America

White Sauron
1st April 2007, 14:38
What's happening over there? WHy Hirvonen or Latvala or Solberg so slow? Are they making any tricks?

MHjerpe
1st April 2007, 14:44
Latvala stalled the engine in the super special..

White Sauron
1st April 2007, 14:48
Latvala stalled the engine in the super special..

yeah, thanks, read it from BF now. And Solberg drove on 2 cylindres

leno
1st April 2007, 14:58
has anyone any pics from atko crash?

Wim_Impreza
1st April 2007, 15:02
Andersson wins the JRC with only 3,7 seconds before Aava.

vilamoura2007
1st April 2007, 15:39
Armindo Araujo had technical problems and is out of race.

1.M. GRÖNHOLM (FIN)32 Pts
2.S. LOEB (F)28 Pts
3.M. HIRVONEN (FIN)26 Pts
4.D. SORDO (E)13 Pts
5.H. SOLBERG (N)11 Pts
6.C. ATKINSON (AUS) 10 Pts
7.P. SOLBERG (N)8 Pts
8.J. LATVALA (FIN)6 Pts
9.D. CARLSSON (S)6 Pts
10.T. GARDEMEISTER (FIN)5 Pts
11.M. STOHL (A)5 Pts
12.G. GALLI (I)3 Pts
13.J. KOPECKY (CZ)2 Pts
14.M. WILSON (GB)1 Pts

World Rally Championship 2007 Leg 3 Final
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmR5BpBHboU

I will upload Super Special later on.
Keep in touch.

jonas_mcrae
1st April 2007, 15:40
god new there, some good competition!!

gloomyDAY
1st April 2007, 16:13
has anyone any pics from atko crash?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iWS6pb6kiY

I don't know how it happened. Chris received the correct notes, but still managed to eat the grass on the side of the road.

leno
1st April 2007, 17:05
Here is the reason why Atko went off:

We started the stage (SS10) pretty well but in hindsight I was thinking too much about the feeling, and not concentrating on the road. I missed a corner note, got on the wrong line and just went straight off.

More you can read on swrt.com

m.lowe
1st April 2007, 19:41
Loeb is the master, while the rest are his servants

kakus
1st April 2007, 20:03
The classification is suspended, because the investigation continues concerning Ford and one Mitsubishi.
Décision in the hours to come.

http://www.rally-live.com/wrc/fr/accueil/news2.shtml

( In french )

animrallye
1st April 2007, 20:11
Following a report by the FIA Technical Delegate, cars Nos 3, 4, 9, 10, 16 23 and 70 are under investigation by the Stewards for a possible breach of technical regulations.