PDA

View Full Version : Erin Crocker in 2007

racingrivalsDOT
18th January 2007, 10:27
Anybody know her plans?

Erki
18th January 2007, 10:47
Crocker? I thought she's already Evernham but maybe I'm expecting too much. :p :

RaceFanStan
18th January 2007, 13:34
Erin Crocker is still under contract to Evernham MotorSports.
Cheerios/Betty Crocker left Evernham MotorSports as sponsor.
The Evernham MotorSports Craftsman Truck Series entry has been closed.

Last report was Erin would be sharing driving duties in the #9 Busch Series Dodge.
Erin was also reported to be possibly driving in the ARCA Series in an EMS Dodge part-time.
It appears Erin Crocker has went to a partial scedule with sponsorship being a key issue.

tassiedevilAB
18th January 2007, 15:07
It's a bit hard to get sponsors to come on board , when the muck hit the fan?
they would be ducking & weaving to not let it land on them!

Good to see her still in the racing game, & Marcos will get to race her again, but only sometimes! While he gets to race the full schedule.

Sparky1329
18th January 2007, 17:56
Sponsors shy away from sticky situations. Ms Crocker probably cooked her own goose, so to speak.

jslone
18th January 2007, 19:19
She is a bad driver.

RaceFanStan
18th January 2007, 19:29
I took the high road with my post but I am glad to see that others took a different route. http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/00.gif

tstran17_88
18th January 2007, 19:32
So the plan is to sit on the pit wagon next to Ray for now.

RaceFanStan
18th January 2007, 21:43
... or having a private conference in the motor home ...

sign on the door of the Evernham motorhome : http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/uhoh/trdk.jpg

table
18th January 2007, 22:43
So the plan is to sit on the pit wagon next to Ray for now.
She's not boinking Ray just so she can be arm candy. She wants a ride in his car, or in the car of someone who owes him. I say this goes on one more year, and if her results still stink, then she gets "accidentally" pregnant and goes on the child support money train and a job at EMS.

luvracin
18th January 2007, 22:56
She wants a ride in his car,

She wants to ride his WHAT???..... :eek:

Sorry. Couldn't resist....

table
18th January 2007, 23:05
She's just trading a ride for a ride.

Sparky1329
19th January 2007, 05:10
I took the high road with my post but I am glad to see that others took a different route. http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/00.gif

It's pretty tough to take a high road on this subject. :D

tstran17_88
19th January 2007, 19:26
She's not boinking Ray just so she can be arm candy. She wants a ride in his car, or in the car of someone who owes him. I say this goes on one more year, and if her results still stink, then she gets "accidentally" pregnant and goes on the child support money train and a job at EMS.Gives a whole new meaning to the phase 'sleeping your way to the top', doesn't it?

Mark in Oshawa
20th January 2007, 07:05
The thing I don't get it is why Ray would be so stupid. I realize some men don't always think with the head on top of their head, but I mean....it isn't like he hired a supermodel here; and it isn't like he wouldn't get caught. The guy is married is he not? Likely not now....

RaceFanStan
20th January 2007, 19:31
Ray & his wife have been separated for a while, their marriage went away a good while back ...
not sure if Miss Crocker was a factor or not ... :s

RaceFanStan
20th January 2007, 19:34
It's pretty tough to take a high road on this subject. :D
That is very true, as you can see I couldn't stay on the high road. http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/00.gif

Mark in Oshawa
20th January 2007, 21:49
Well Stan, if he was "single" I suppose people should mind their own business if he dated a younger woman, but still, he shouldn't be hitting on the talent he is paying for. As for Erin, I thought she had the talent to be there, now it turns out, maybe she isn't sure.

Sad little side show if you ask me......

As for the highroad, well, I suppose nothing about this deserves a high road....

Jag_Warrior
20th January 2007, 23:11
As for Erin, I thought she had the talent to be there, now it turns out, maybe she isn't sure.

I did too. I looked for her to be like a female Ryan Newman: very good technical understanding of the car, matched with some degree of natural talent.

Til Stan posted that, I didn't know they lost the sponsor. But ya can't really blame them for leaving. What a mess. I hope she doesn't start dating Michael Vick and have his kid. Now wouldn't that be the most clueless baby the world has ever seen? :rolleyes:

table
21st January 2007, 00:07
Ray & his wife have been separated for a while, their marriage went away a good while back ...
not sure if Miss Crocker was a factor or not ... :s
Ray suddenly revealed in March or April that he was separated after all the stuff came out on the internet about the fact that he was dipping his pen in the company ink. He and Crocker had moved past the father/daughter relationship that they kept talking about sometime during the 2005 race season. As far as I know, the man is still married.

I think that after Crocker did so poorly in the Busch races in 2005, she figured that she had to do something to make sure that she wouldn't lose the ride. As a young woman, she didn't need to be a supermodel to attract Ray. You just need to know how to play the game correctly.

From what the sprint car people say, she has practice in doing this before. Why wouldn't you try something again if it worked for you before.

Honestly, the sponsor issue some of you raised, I think the only thing they can do is force a package deal on some of Ray's other sponsors. If you want Kasey, you have to take Erin, etc.

RaceFanStan
21st January 2007, 00:32
Looks like all of Erin's best efforts have relegated her OUT of NASCAR. :eek:

from jayski's.com :
Betty Crocker left as primary sponsor of the #98 Dodge truck.
Ray Evernham has closed the #98 Truck Series team that Erin Crocker drove in 2006.
Most team members have been relocated to other EMS Teams.
Supposedly Crocker will race a limited number of ARCA races in 2007.

table
21st January 2007, 00:39
If you look at the Busch team charts on Jayski they are showing Erin as a possible driver along with the 3 Cup guys. I think Evernham intends to run her on some of the COT weekends in the Busch car.

Jag_Warrior
21st January 2007, 00:41
Well Stan, if he was "single" I suppose people should mind their own business if he dated a younger woman, but still, he shouldn't be hitting on the talent he is paying for.

I just remembered. Wasn't Evernham also helping Leilani Munter a couple of years ago? I thought about her because I saw her race down in Hickory a couple of summers ago, and in interviews she said she was ALWAYS really careful about dating anyone involved in motorsports.

I don't think Leilani had the natural (driving ;) ) talent that Erin has/had, but she has the looks of a model... I guess since she is a model. Anyway, I just found it odd that someone who wasn't as set to be a professional racing driver would be more professional in her approach than someone who actually had the goods to be a driver.

I'm not as shocked about Erin as I was about finding out how Belinda Endress actually made her money to race. But since I was pulling for her, I do find it bothersome.

RaceFanStan
21st January 2007, 00:51
Yeah, several drivers shared the #9 Busch Series car in 2006.
The listed drivers are the ones from 2006 & is Jayski's GUESS for 2007.

from jayski's.com 2007 Busch Series Drivers Chart :
NOTE : Drivers have not been announced, but Evernham is expected to share ride among its drivers.

tstran17_88
21st January 2007, 06:46
Honestly, the sponsor issue some of you raised, I think the only thing they can do is force a package deal on some of Ray's other sponsors. If you want Kasey, you have to take Erin, etc.I'm sure that's exactly what Ray is doing...otherwise she wouldn't still be a EM driver.

Mark in Oshawa
22nd January 2007, 09:29
Ray suddenly revealed in March or April that he was separated after all the stuff came out on the internet about the fact that he was dipping his pen in the company ink. He and Crocker had moved past the father/daughter relationship that they kept talking about sometime during the 2005 race season. As far as I know, the man is still married.

I think that after Crocker did so poorly in the Busch races in 2005, she figured that she had to do something to make sure that she wouldn't lose the ride. As a young woman, she didn't need to be a supermodel to attract Ray. You just need to know how to play the game correctly.

From what the sprint car people say, she has practice in doing this before. Why wouldn't you try something again if it worked for you before.

Honestly, the sponsor issue some of you raised, I think the only thing they can do is force a package deal on some of Ray's other sponsors. If you want Kasey, you have to take Erin, etc.

You do realize you have made some pretty strong statements about her previous rep that are not evident perhaps? Like you are close to the line. We know she is sleeping with the boss now, but you are insinuating she has done this before?? My god she isn't that old......

As for Ray, if he wants her to race in Cup, he should pay the shot and not blackmail any sponsor into taking her on in any capacity to go with Kasey. If Iam Kasey and I hear of THAT strategy, my alarm bells are going off. Kasey doesn't need Ray Evernham as much as Ray needs Kasey, and I would be quick to point that out if he tried to tie Erin to Kasey with sponsors....

RaceFanStan
22nd January 2007, 14:30
Kasey Kahne is signed to Evernham MotorSports through 2010. :eek:
So unless Ray does something really stupid Kasey will be at EMS for a while. :D

I expect Betty Crocker will eventually show her nagging bitch side & she will be sent packing. http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif

table
22nd January 2007, 17:34
We know she is sleeping with the boss now, but you are insinuating she has done this before?? My god she isn't that old......
I believe that she is around 25 or 26. So, based on current social mores, lets say she has been sexually active for 7 or 8 years. That's plenty of time to have done what the sprint car people say is her M.O.

table
22nd January 2007, 19:15
As for Ray, if he wants her to race in Cup, he should pay the shot and not blackmail any sponsor into taking her on in any capacity to go with Kasey. If Iam Kasey and I hear of THAT strategy, my alarm bells are going off. Kasey doesn't need Ray Evernham as much as Ray needs Kasey, and I would be quick to point that out if he tried to tie Erin to Kasey with sponsors....
I'm pretty sure that Kasey was the one who brought Erin to Ray to begin with. I would guess that he gets some cut of the action, like partial ownership in any race team put together for Erin. So it may be in Kasey's interest to put the strong arm on the sponsors.

Mark in Oshawa
23rd January 2007, 08:08
I believe that she is around 25 or 26. So, based on current social mores, lets say she has been sexually active for 7 or 8 years. That's plenty of time to have done what the sprint car people say is her M.O.

Far be it for me to defend Erin Crocker, her sleeping with the boss now doesn't covet her with glory, but you are till insinuating something that is not proven and could be a rumour, or at least isn't proven on here. Of course, what kind of proof can there be. I just think it is the kind of rumour I would avoid mentioning, even if true. The damage Erin has done to her rep is bad enough just based on this.

AS for Kasey bringing Erin to Ray, well that may be true, but I am Kasey, Iam not comfortable with this "scandal" and I wouldn't be too crazy if Ray was using my name to get sponsors for his now "partner."

Kasey is his own man, and he has proven he can do more than just hang on for a ride in this sport, he is a potential champion. Staying in the 9 is one thing, but having Ray use his name to get Erin sponsors when it may be clear she couldn't get them otherwise is a new deal now in light of the little love nest going on. I guess I would be not anxious to tie myself into the relationship in any way other than driving FOR Ray. Period.

RaceFanStan
23rd January 2007, 14:49
Wouldn't it be wild if someday Erin got angry with Ray & filed sexual harassment charges against him ? :eek:

It is one of the perils of sleeping with the hired help ... http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/devil.gif

Mark in Oshawa
23rd January 2007, 17:20
Stan, if she did that,then the "past" of her sleeping her way into rides in sprint cars would be dragged out. I suspect a little green mail might go a long ways here...

What a mess......

Well, it could be worse, we could find out at team owner and driver were GAY and having this sort of relationship...wouldn't that send a shockwave through NASCAR land???

table
26th January 2007, 22:47
Here is the latest from ESPN today:

"Erin Crocker doesn't have a sponsor for the 12 ARCA events and four Busch Series events she's scheduled to run."

Yesterday there was a story about how Boris Said is going to be running Busch races for Evernham. Boris said he would run 5 races and maybe as many as 10. I'm betting that 4 of the extra 5 are related to Crocker. If Ray can't find a sponsor who is deaf, dumb and blind, then the races will go to Boris.

Mark in Oshawa
27th January 2007, 08:53
So much for diversity by putting a woman behind the wheel in NASCAR. I guess the nabobs in Daytona Beach will have to go to a plan B to get a woman into Cup racing. The silly thing is Shawna Robinson and Patty Moise were both regulars in Busch for a lot of years, and no one made a big deal of this "Diversity" drive before....

Mark in Oshawa
27th January 2007, 10:21
Boris I am sure is enjoying Ray's picadillo's, it works well for him.

Cole_Trickle
27th January 2007, 12:02
what happened to any publicity is good publicity? http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/00.gif

Sparky1329
27th January 2007, 18:11
what happened to any publicity is good publicity? http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/00.gif

Apparently not that particular "any". :D

RaceFanStan
27th January 2007, 18:28
Usually "any publicity is good publicity" unless it labels you as a queer or a whore. :laugh:

SOD
28th January 2007, 00:41
Erin Crotch'er . what happened the guy who posts bad things about women drivers because his wife locked up his cajones in the wardrobe?

Sparky1329
28th January 2007, 05:15
Erin Crotch'er . what happened the guy who posts bad things about women drivers because his wife locked up his cajones in the wardrobe?

Hopefully gone forever.

table
1st February 2007, 21:25
Well, here is more from ESPN on Crocker and 2007:

"but she's definitely scaling back and might even change teams, team owner Ray Evernham said last week. Goals are redirected"

I guess he is trying to get away from the whole conflict of interest issue of spending EMS money and resources on his girlfriend.

At least at another company she would be forced to stand on her own two feet, instead of .......

RaceFanStan
1st February 2007, 22:54
Well, here is more from ESPN on Crocker and 2007:

"but she's definitely scaling back and might even change teams, team owner Ray Evernham said last week. Goals are redirected"

I guess he is trying to get away from the whole conflict of interest issue of spending EMS money and resources on his girlfriend.

At least at another company she would be forced to stand on her own two feet, instead of .......
Evernham MotorSports does lease engines to Fitz Racing, Curb Racing & Waltrip Racing in the Busch Series ..... http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/00.gif

Alexamateo
10th February 2007, 05:23
http://www.arcaracing.com/content/view/4381/2/

This just in! Erin Crocker wins ARCA pole position for Daytona!

tstran17_88
10th February 2007, 15:50
http://www.arcaracing.com/content/view/4381/2/

This just in! Erin Crocker wins ARCA pole position for Daytona!
This is a series she has run well in over the past few years.

RaceFanStan
10th February 2007, 17:48
Yeah, take a so-so driver & put her/him in a superior car & they SHOULD do well.
With Evernham Motorsports' resources they SHOULD build one helluva ARCA car.
Any big Nextel Cup team could build a car that out-classed the ARCA regulars.
Face it people, Erin Evernham doing well in ARCA doesn't mean crap ! http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif

harvick#1
10th February 2007, 19:56
Daytona and talladega are poles not won by the driver, but by the engine and aero builders. any fool can push the gas down all the way and not lift around the corners