PDA

View Full Version : CMR2 BRC Pirelli Rally Recce Thread

tannat
5th April 2008, 21:46
Has anyone made it to Greece (OOPS! I mean the UK :D ) for testing for the first round of the CMR2 BRC?

I've had about 4 runs apiece on SS1 and SS2 and am having a devil of a time getting the Lancer dialed in. It's no fun to drive-I feel as if I'm piloting a limousine at times!

Hopefully it will be easier to drive on tarmac than gravel......

Tannat

UKOG~Will
5th April 2008, 22:10
I have a couple of questions

1 - What rally is it? Is it mirrored? (sorry I was asleep or something)
2 - Can I use a different car in the BRC to the WRC?

Thanks!
Will

kabouter
5th April 2008, 22:25
I have a couple of questions

1 - What rally is it? Is it mirrored? (sorry I was asleep or something)
2 - Can I use a different car in the BRC to the WRC?

Thanks!
Will

In-game rally Greece (not mirrored). You are free to use a different car from the CMR2WC. You may change your car from round to round if you like, if I understand the rules correctly.

UKOG~Will
5th April 2008, 23:45
Fantastic, thanks Kabouter

I'll be running the Munchi's Ford! :D

Rat
6th April 2008, 11:12
Game on! We are very busy driving in all countries in the next couple of weeks! Let's hope Toyota can keep the spares and bodyshells up to the challenge!

Frozzy
6th April 2008, 16:07
it good news for Youn Up and coming Driver Martin frosdick with the conformation of a Entry on the Pirelli with an 08 Stobart focus with the intent of a top 5 finish "its great to recive the backing of Stobart and we hope to get a good time on this event without a doubt"

tannat
7th April 2008, 12:36
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh15/tannatmadiran/greece.jpg

Reporter: We are in the Greek isles peering in on the testing efforts of Mitsubishi Ralliart and hired gun Tannat. How is your progress with the Lancer, Tannat?

Tannat: It is not so good. We came to the session optimistic, but our times are a bit slower than expected. The surface has not so much grip, and in corners the rear is quite loose. We are missing something in the setup, and it is proving quite elusive.

Reporter: Have you some regrets?

Tannat: At this time no. It is too early, and we've spent very little time on tarmac. Ask me again after the third rally.

Reporter: And what about then?

Tannat: There is an 'escape clause' in my contract, but it is complex and takes into account several items-car development, championship placing etc. I'm not the one to 'throw in the towel', however, I am not one to throw awa championships either.

Reporter: I see. And there is a contingenc plan for you?

Tannat: A skeletal one a best, but a sufficent one also.

Reporter: Understood. Well thanks for your time, Tannat, and best of luck with the Lancer.

tannat
8th April 2008, 18:40
Having completed another tough day of testing, Tannat has a sip of his Ouzo and is visited by a familiar face at the bar...

Tommi Makinen: "Tannat! What are you doing here! You are far from Jordan, I think."

Tannat: "Hey Tommi! Good to see you. Are you on vacation? Do you have the 1000 euros you owe me?"

TM: "No vacation, Tannat. I here for Subaru. We promote a new street car here. And wait til the 1000 Lakes in August-I give you your money then."

Tannat: "How are things with Subaru?"

TM: "Okay-they pay me money."

Tannat: "But no championship..."

TM:" Yes, yes. You remind me again. I should have listened to you, Tannat."

Tannat: "Ford, Peugeot, even wait at Mitsubishi for Citroen. But you went to Subaru too soon. Petter was lucky."

TM: "Yes, but it is done. Life is different for me now."

Tannat: "But there were victories waiting for you, Tommi, championships even. You must realize this."

TM: "Ah, you are right, Tannat. It wasn't over for me, that is for certain."

Tannat: "That Lancer is a beast to drive, I'll tell you that."

TM:" You can master it, Tannat. I remember the training you gave me in the Integrale so many years ago..."

Tannat: "Yes those were good times."

TM: :"So enjoy your drink, and I'll catch up with you in August."

Tannat; "1000 Euros-okay?"

TM: "Yes, okay. See you Tannat.."

Ramore
8th April 2008, 19:15
Very nice Tannat! Tommy Makinen was my idol. I was kind of disappointed when he joined Subaru back then. But now I am not, because now I am a huge fan of Subaru and P. Solberg because of Tommy.

P.S. You should try to write a script for the first real rally movie today.

tannat
8th April 2008, 19:33
P.S. You should try to write a script for the first real rally movie today.

Lunch break is over, and I seem to be good only with shorts :D

Cheers

Rat
9th April 2008, 03:12
c'mon Tannat you are already doing the magazine, now go for the screenplay!
I'll be starting my assault soon.

kabouter
9th April 2008, 13:58
c'mon Tannat you are already doing the magazine, now go for the screenplay!
I'll be starting my assault soon.

Be careful if you want to do the screenplay about the Finnish Rally Mafia... They strike back, and when you least expect it! Or in the case of Petter Solberg they strike every rally ;)