PDA

View Full Version : ALMS St. Pete on ABC?

Hotlavaaaa
5th April 2008, 18:37
Is anybody watching this right now? ABC here in Los Angeles is not showing it.

Hotlavaaaa
5th April 2008, 19:15
Nevermind, ABC is showing it at 3:30 so they can show their Disney morning shows.

harvick#1
5th April 2008, 19:20
yes its on and for once, its live :D not a tape delay a day before

eucasafari
5th April 2008, 19:51
It shows as being live right now according to my local schedule, but its showing ABC morning cartoons instead?

what gives?

Ive been listening on radio lemans thus far, but dangit, my Tivo is going to end up with 3 hours of Mickey Mouse and no racing!

eucasafari
5th April 2008, 20:03
and now that the cartoons are over, the scheduled infomerrcials are playing.

they must have cancelled the broadcast for us on the west coast, or they are seriously going to tape delay it.

Shifter
5th April 2008, 20:49
Augh! Okay, first off ABC is just awful here. Commercial breaks came at the wrong time, just after restarts, so when they finally came back from 5 minute breaks we got to see 30 seconds of action before a wreck. Not to mention, when someone came into the pits they show the entire pit stop and not the restart, thus missing alot of on-track action. By the way, I called everything that happened long before the anaylists had any clue what was going on.

Hey ALMS, if you want to be taken seriously as technologically advanced racing how about some damn cranes to lift the cars off the track. I swear I got to see more coverage of the low-tech wrecker trucks than any of the cars! Why does it take so long to get your races back underway? Pathetic!

Hotlavaaaa
6th April 2008, 01:37
The cautions seemed to drag on forever. ABC did a pretty poor job with this race. Showing replays of a small GT2 incident while a lead change happens and not showing it until after a commercial is ridiculous. I was also expecting the race to be in HD because of the IndyCar race in HD tomorrow but no such luck.

wmcot
7th April 2008, 23:32
I agree - not the best coverage, but a great race with lots of on-track action! Isn't the feed from ESPN on ABC? Is it ESPN's problem or ABC's?