PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton's driving style vs. car setup

wedge
4th April 2008, 21:58
The McLarens are known to be hard on their rear, and Lewis likes to drive with rear sliding then surely he should be working on adapting his driving style and car set up to make the rears last a bit longer.

Perhaps he still needs a different mentality, work more race set up other than think about a tweak for qualy.

Still early days though.

Tazio
4th April 2008, 22:47
I wonder if he misses having a teammate that shared setup info with him until their relationship soured in 2007.
It didn't affect him last season. But the 2008 contender is a slightly different animal!

Ranger
5th April 2008, 00:05
The McLarens are known to be hard on their rear, and Lewis likes to drive with rear sliding then surely he should be working on adapting his driving style and car set up to make the rears last a bit longer.

Perhaps he still needs a different mentality, work more race set up other than think about a tweak for qualy.

Still early days though.

He's leading the WDC. There's nothing wrong with his driving.

maxu05
5th April 2008, 01:26
He's leading the WDC. There's nothing wrong with his driving.

He's leading now, but can he hold onto it ?

Tazio
5th April 2008, 04:13
He's leading the WDC. There's nothing wrong with his driving.LH complained about set-up issues, and grip at Sakir.
He was struggling to match HK time when he threw it into the wall
He's got a busted up McLaren P.O.S. and spare cars are a thing of the past. :confused:
I would like to humbly suggest it's time to be concerned! :p :

wmcot
5th April 2008, 06:53
LH complained about set-up issues, and grip at Sakir.
He was struggling to match HK time when he threw it into the wall
He's got a busted up McLaren P.O.S. and spare cars are a thing of the past. :confused:
I would like to humbly suggest it's time to be concerned! :p :

If he has set up problems, he will learn how to set the car up. He's got talent and brains so he will learn with time. His race engineers are experienced so that will help.

Funny how people don't bring up his inability to setup the car properly when comparing him to MS!

Tazio
5th April 2008, 06:55
I

Funny how people don't bring up his inability to setup the car properly when comparing him to MS!Because that's a given!

wedge
27th April 2008, 23:52
3 weekends in a row where he looks almost clueless in free practice.

I laughed it off last year but I seriously think Alonso did find 0.6s from that McLaren.

To be fair he did make amends in the race in Spain.

CNR
28th April 2008, 00:30
how much of the car setup got lost because of all the part that had to be redesigned because of F! spygate ?

mstillhere
28th April 2008, 02:07
how much of the car setup got lost because of all the part that had to be redesigned because of F! spygate ?
Correction:
how much of the FERRARI setup got lost because of all the part that had to be redesigned because of F! spygate ?
:)

markabilly
28th April 2008, 03:43
He's leading now, but can he hold onto it ?
Well we now know the answer to that question.......... :D