PDA

View Full Version : Rd 3 V8 Supercar Pro- Sim Series Details

Peter Vuko
4th April 2008, 06:38
It's time for Rd 3 in the V8 Series.....we are off to Western Australia to the track at Barbagallo..a short but challenging circuit. For this Rd we will be handicapping the top 4 drivers with some set up restrictions...so please read the details carefully.

Rd 3 Details:
*TRACK: Barbagallo
*SETTINGS: Free settings for the following drivers: Real_illusions,J.Shell & Frozzy
...............Restricted settings for: Piotr B,Vuko Snr & Jnr & wilson_fan...you must use Default Settings for *Downforce * Transmission *Tyres.. but you will have free settings for all other areas
.............These settings apply for both the Qualifying & Races.
*A.I: Set to Custom 110%
*Careless driving & Cutting Corners OFF

*QUALIFYING: Done in Time Trial Mode....post times on this thread as many times as you like...Qualifying ENDS on Thursday evening 10th April.
*RACE 1: 4 laps...everyone to start on the Front of the Grid
*Race 2 : 8 laps...everyone to start on the Front of the Grid
TIMES: pm your Race times & F/L for both races by Monday evening 14th April.

johnny shell
4th April 2008, 16:12
ut oh

110% AI. gonna be tough.

haven't been on this track in a while though...looking forward to it.

A quick search of the forums reveals that we haven't raced here since Jan of '07.

anyone care to guess what series it was?

Alfa Fan
4th April 2008, 16:22
Renault Clio Cup :D Which I haven't had time to run again :(

johnny shell
4th April 2008, 17:17
hey AF! nice to see you again.

oh yeah. it was your Clio series! I was thinking it was RR's FPA series... your Clio race didn't come up in the forum search I did because you spelled it different than Vuko is spelling it.

The Clio race was in April of last year. That was the race Vuko finished mid-pack in all three races!

real_illusions
4th April 2008, 19:12
I quite like this track..nice to see you here again Alpha Fan!

:)

Peter Vuko
5th April 2008, 01:45
Qualifying Update: Rd 3 Barbagallo
1. Vuko Snr(F)...50.87s

I'm losing just over a second with the set up restrictions....so Real & Shelly could be a show here...I like the track...get some times in guys...newcomers welcome

johnny shell
5th April 2008, 02:39

1. J Shell (F).....50.39s
2. Vuko Snr(F)...50.87s

:D

wilson_fan
6th April 2008, 00:09

1. J Shell (F).......50.39s
2. wilson_fan(H)..50.61s
3. Vuko Snr(F)....50.87s
I'm also losing about a second with the restrictions. I like the idea. Anyone could win this Rd.

dcr22B
6th April 2008, 00:47

1. J Shell (F).......50.39s
2. wilson_fan(H)..50.61s
3. Vuko Snr(F)....50.87s
4. dcr22B(F).......53.02s

johnny shell
6th April 2008, 04:38
I like the idea. Anyone could win this Rd.

even me or you, RI! I wish tannat would hop aboard.

this circuit suites my style - not too much braking zones, no braking while going through S curves...no super tricky highly technicle parts...

the softer tires we get won't help as much in the 8 lap race because we'll have to use, gosh, probaly 10 or 12 hardness tires.

I guess that is still quite a nice advantage :)

I guess the biggest difference is in the gearing, because I'm not messing with the downforce much.

hope the cars aren't too much a dog for you guys to enjoy yourselves still....

Peter Vuko
6th April 2008, 09:49

1. Vuko Snr(F)....50.31s
2. J Shell (F).......50.39s
3. wilson_fan(H)..50.61s

Good to see you back dcr22B...you will be in the "free settings" group.....just managed to knock you off poll at the moment Shelly...the car doesn't feel too bad on the default tyres,trans & downforce....not sure if I can find much more...but I will try...hope Frozzy makes his debut...Vuko Jnr is hitting the track tomorrow....PiotrB is the one to watch...should be a good Rd.

dcr22B
6th April 2008, 22:18
Cheers Peter, hope to find time to do the races during the week.

johnny shell
8th April 2008, 15:07
woo hoo! it was worth it!

I spent like 30 minutes trying to beat my 50.39 and I finally got it down to a 50.20... and I was wondering if it was worth all that time to find 2/10 of a second.

I knew Peter had upped me... but I couldn't remember by how much.

the big break through came when I let the tail hang out more from the apex to the end of the corner - I used to wait until it tucked all the way back in before I got on the gas... now when the tail comes out a bit at the apex I let it stay there.

I don't burn the tires, but I let the tail stay out just a bit.

1. J Shell (F).......50.20s
2. Vuko Snr(F)....50.31s
3. wilson_fan(H)..50.61s

anyone ever notice that if you look at the telemetry it shows the lap .01s faster than it shows in on game screen? (I use the game screen time)

Alfa Fan
8th April 2008, 15:56
I quite like this track..nice to see you here again Alpha Fan!

I'm still around! May make a racing return in the summer, got no way of playing the game atm sadly.

real_illusions
8th April 2008, 17:53
2. Vuko Snr(F)....50.31s
3. wilson_fan(H)..50.61s
4. R_Illusions (F)..51.86*
5. dcr22B(F).......53.02s

I did mine in practise mode with some heavy fuel and racing tyre compounds, and not time trial mode. Hopefully i can break into the 50's with a bit more practise and in time trial mode on super soft tyres and less fuel

johnny shell
8th April 2008, 20:33
I predict you will easily, easily get into the 50's :up:

in pro-sim these cars are a lot slower with fuel.

real_illusions
8th April 2008, 21:17
I predict you will easily, easily get into the 50's :up:

i knew there was a reason i couldn't get near the 50's..it was because you predicted it ;)

fastest in time trial wasn't much quicker..only could manage a 51.60

i cant get the car to turn in at all..its understeering all over the place, and when i put the power down, its oversteer all the way..although oversteer is quite fun, its not exactly the quickest way round the circuit..

johnny shell
9th April 2008, 01:36
I'm afraid you've reached the limit of a hand pad.

maybe one of us will try a lap with a hand pad & see what happens......

still, that puts you in 3rd! even when the Pole come along, you're still looking at a 2nd row starting spot.... although, I think Vuko is going to bust ass to pull out a magical lap at the last minute.

Peter Vuko
9th April 2008, 04:05
Qualifying Update: Rd 3 Barbagallo[/b]

2. Vuko Snr(F)....50.31s
3. wilson_fan(H)..50.61s
4. Real_illusions..51.60s
5. dcr22B(F).......53.02s

Hey Mr Shell you are starting to make me look bad....I'll give it another go tonight but not sure if I can beat that.....the restrictions on set up is working well here...going to make the races very interesting....I wonder what Piotr B is up to?? I think it will be hard to break into the 49's on the restricted set up!
Still no Frozzy!!!!

real_illusions
9th April 2008, 11:29
I'm afraid you've reached the limit of a hand pad.

still, that puts you in 3rd! even when the Pole come along, you're still looking at a 2nd row starting spot.... although, I think Vuko is going to bust ass to pull out a magical lap at the last minute.

yeah..no steering wheel here. just a hand pad. anyone else using a hand pad or is it just me?

Brown, Jon Brow
9th April 2008, 13:02
I just took a Ford around and managed a 50.77

PiotrB
9th April 2008, 14:53

1. PiotrB (H).......50.08s
2. J Shell (F).......50.20s
3. Vuko Snr(F)....50.31s
4. wilson_fan(H)..50.61s
5. Jon Brown (F)..50.77s
6. Real_illusions..51.60s
7. dcr22B(F).......53.02s

This is going to be very interesting round. Also I think that Holden has a slightly different default gear ratios tham Ford. I don't know which one is better on defaults.

I have small problem with my wheel (Logitech DFP). Often I have double downshifts so this hurting me a bit but my best lap has been done without any problems. This may be a problem in race so I hope that I can solve this problem.

I'm sure that wheel is faster than pad especially on pro-sim. Barbagallo is relatively short track so time difference between pad and wheel is smaller. So Johnny you should buy a wheel.

johnny shell
9th April 2008, 15:17
I got a wheel... it's Real Ill who doesn't.

ahhhh... yes... interesting... does one make have better default gearing that another? quite possible!

I feel quite confidant that I can't touch your 50.08.

good thing there's not a real grid. I'm sure you all would be nervous having me start up front with you all. :laugh:

PiotrB
9th April 2008, 17:28
I hope that you Johnny will earn first pole position here at Barbagallo. Just like Kubica in Bahrain GP.

Brown, Jon Brow
9th April 2008, 22:33
I just got a 50.04!! :D

I don't know if i'm going to make an entry though

Peter Vuko
9th April 2008, 23:04

1. Jon Brown(F)...50.04s
2. PiotrB (H).......50.08s
3. J Shell (F).......50.20s
4. Vuko Snr(F)....50.31s
5. wilson_fan(H)..50.61s

Well done J.B....it would be great to see you have a run....Qualifying ends tonight...still time to beat J.B....good turn out guys!

johnny shell
10th April 2008, 14:46
nice run JB! you're the master of the hand pad, that's for sure.

Brown, Jon Brow
10th April 2008, 15:42
nice run JB! you're the master of the hand pad, that's for sure.

thanks!

I feel like I could get even more speed out of the car, i still feel a little rusty as i've not played the game for about 5 months

Brown, Jon Brow
10th April 2008, 17:38
Just ran a 49.85.

PiotrB
10th April 2008, 18:35
I just done 49.80 with restricted downforce, transmission and tyres ! That was a lap.

1. PiotrB (H)........49.80s
2. Jon Brown(F)...49.85s
3. J Shell (F).......50.20s
4. Vuko Snr(F)....50.31s
5. wilson_fan(H)..50.61s

I just checked and it seems that Holden and Ford have identical default transmission so there is no big difference which car you pick.

Peter Vuko
10th April 2008, 23:02
Final Qualifying : Rd 3 Barbagallo

1. PiotrB (H)........49.80s
2. Jon Brown(F)...49.85s
3. Vuko Snr(F).....50.17s
4. J Shell (F).......50.20s
5. wilson_fan(H)..50.61s

What a great time Piotr B on restricted set up!!!!! I was able to leapfrog Shelly into 3rd on the grid....a great qualifying contest guys..but Piotr takes pole for the event...the races should be real close...

johnny shell
11th April 2008, 13:58
that was one of the most exciting Q rounds ever. good job Vuko :up:

Peter Vuko
14th April 2008, 00:20
Extension until Wednesday evening for the races guys...because I have not had time to have a go yet.....hope this is OK...

Peter Vuko
15th April 2008, 23:45
Just a reminder that times are due in tonight....hope we get a good turn up because this could be a very close Rd!

johnny shell
16th April 2008, 12:56
I did my 4 lapper and I'll do my 8 lapper tonight & send the times immediately afterwards... thursday morning your time...

PiotrB
16th April 2008, 13:30
See what happened in my practice session before the race:

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4356/dsc017992zk5.jpg

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/8350/dsc017962cz6.jpg

AI drivers are crazy ! :)

johnny shell
17th April 2008, 02:23
i always hit the reset button before my crashes make it that far...looks like I might be missing some fun!

I've enjoyed my time here at Barbagello...looking forward to the next round.

me thinks it might be at sandborn since that's where the real cars are next ;)

PiotrB
17th April 2008, 20:19
i always hit the reset button before my crashes make it that far...looks like I might be missing some fun!
AIs rolled not because of me. They just using too much rumble strip at the exit of 1st corner or in this left-right 'S' corner. That was funny because that was first time that I saw two AIs on roof. When I was making this photo one AI car hit me from the back. Because of this I have damaged rear of my Commodore.

johnny shell
17th April 2008, 20:55
yeah, I saw the bottom of some AI cars when they hit that same curb. pretty funny really. I think one of them had all four wheels off the ground.

Peter Vuko
17th April 2008, 23:08
RESULTS Rd 3:
What a close Rd this turned out to be...less than 5 sec separating the the field int the 1st race.....

RACE 1 (4 laps)
1.Vuko Snr.........3m.30.71s
2.wilson_fan.......3m.30.96s
3.Piotr B............3m.31.07s
4.J.Shell............3m.32.60s
5.Real_illusions....3m.35.46s
F/L:....Vuko Snr...51.10s

RACE 2 (8 laps)
1.Vuko Snr.........6m.55.24s
2.Piotr B............6m.56.28s
3.wilson_fan.......6m.57.80s
4.J.Shell............7m.00.82s
5.Real_illusions....7m.02.41s
F/L....Vuko Snr...50.53s

The handicapping worked very well, providing us with very close results....an excellent Rd for Vuko Snr who now takes the series lead from Piotr B...excellent showings by wilson_fan, Shelly & Real_ illusions..shame that dcr22B & J.B did not do the races...I think J.B could have been a chance in the first race.

STANDINGS after Rd 3:
1.Vuko Snr.......54pts
2.Piotr B...........51pts
3.wilson-fan......43pts
4.J.Shell...........30pts
5.Vuko Jnr.........26pts
6.Real_ill...........20pts

Next Rd we will be going overseas for our first International race. Cheers guys ...great Rd!!!!

johnny shell
18th April 2008, 03:10
yeah, JB would be nice to have back... ditto dcr

but OMG! I finished less than a second behind piotrB!

and I beet my arch nemesis Real Ill! for the first time this year! :burnout:

nice run Vuko snr

you're speedy wilson fan... where'd you come from? what's your back ground?

edit: ok, so it was a second and a half. whatever!

real_illusions
18th April 2008, 11:22
i couldn't get anywhere on this track, couldn't find a decent setup.

If i had a decent setup and the car behaved itself, i could of been on the podium.

Maybe next time round..lets hope its not laguna seca..i dont like that track ;)

johnny shell
18th April 2008, 12:50
la gew na!

la gew na!

can you imagine the cork screw in pro-sim mode???

Peter Vuko
18th April 2008, 13:00
I'm very happy with this Rd's results....beating Piotr B is always an achievement...interesting to note that Piotr said his paddle downshift gears were playing up...same thing happen to my GT wheel about 6 months ago...I have been using the stick shift ever since... makes me a little slower but I'm very used to the stick shift now.......because this Rd was so close & interesting I'm going to continue to use set up restrictions for the leaders...but I will do a variety of restrictions... next Rd I'm going to make it even harder for the leaders...it makes for close racing & the faster guys get a challenge...that wilson_fan is fast...where did he come from??

PiotrB
18th April 2008, 18:23
interesting to note that Piotr said his paddle downshift gears were playing up...same thing happen to my GT wheel about 6 months ago...I have been using the stick shift ever since... makes me a little slower but I'm very used to the stick shift now
I completely solved this problem before my races. My wheel (Logitech Driving Force Pro) works perfectly now. Here's how to do it:

The cause of the double shifts is that the paddle shifter touches the edge of the switch on the circuit, which leads to double shifts.

What I did to solve the problem was to open up the wheel, and tape a thin, rigid, folded piece of tape over the circuit switch. This way when I press the paddle shifter, it touches the tape, and the pressure is applied evenly over the whole circuit switch, and not just on it's edge, thus eliminating any double shifts.

The problem is actually a very simple issue, and the insides of the dfp is actually very simple.

So good job Peter. You beat me not because of my problems but because of your speed. My qualifying lap was awesome but I think that I was a bit too cautious in races. Anyway I can't wait for the next round !

wilson_fan
19th April 2008, 02:06
Wow! Second place in the first race!! I really enjoyed this round. I got the Holden handling really well. I did a 50.03 in qualifying for the race, which would have put me in front of Vuko. I like the idea of restrictions as it gives everyone a chance. As to my background Mr. Shell- I'm from Sydney, on the northern beaches, I love Holdens & I'm a keen supporter of Max Wilson- hence the name. I'm looking forward to the International tracks. I actually like Laguna Seca & Silverstone the best.

johnny shell
19th April 2008, 04:46
where'd you learn how to drive man????

I got to daydreaming about that corkscrew in pro-sim mode so I drove Laguna Seca a bit. Was able to get below 1:20, which I'm hoping ain't bad.

my request? Zandoort. that's one of my favorite tracks in the world.

of course so is SPA, but we get to race on that all the time. Zandoort is more special. and the DTM series won't be there until the season finale'.

oh yeah, my set-up in the V8 series wouldn't save over to the international series, so I made a new set up from scratch and I love it... so I hope it's fast...

I would share it with you since some of your have shared your's with me, but I need all the help I can get and I haven't heard of someone using this exact set-up. :p imp:

real_illusions
19th April 2008, 21:09
my request? Zandoort. that's one of my favorite tracks in the world.

yep..another vote for Zandvoort...although not to that spelling of the word favourite ;)

johnny shell
22nd April 2008, 12:48
I don't think my brain is wired to remember how to spell words like Zandvoort

Having a "v" come after an "and" followed by double "o" just seems quite strange to me.

There's some german tracks names I'll probably never be able to spell either.

asphaultpainter29
29th April 2008, 19:33
What console or site do u guys play this game on? :confused:

Peter Vuko
2nd May 2008, 12:15
We use TRD 3 or V8 Supercars 3...on X Box,Ps2 or PC. Its an offline series....using Pro - Sim mode....details for each Rd are posted by me...Rd 4 details go up tomorrow....hope you can join us!