PDA

View Full Version : Sponsorship and how we can all help

champcar
18th January 2007, 00:42
It is a little while since I last visited the forum as like many others I found it was getting like a kindergarten with mud slinging etc and like many others who have been involved in the racing series I found it was doing harm when in discussions with potential or exisitng sponsors as quite a number of them had viewed the discussion points raised at the time on the forum.

I must say having read a large number of the threads recently the tone and the manner by which these comments are made are much more upbeat and positive and have tempted me to come back on line. All I would say is please bear in mind that the forum is a communication tool that can be both positive and negative. In fact my own website at http://www.putnews.com has decreed not to have a forum link at the bequest of one of the series organisers as this was witnessed first hand last year as a negative tool in the locker.

On to the main point sponsorship comes in many facets and I know that all the teams appreciate the sponsors they have on board. In fact I myself had a sponsorship arrangement last season on one of the cars for a period of time, but the main point is anyone who is reading this can help the series by telling as many friends and work colleagues about the series and also send e-mails to your company bosses asking them to consider taking part, if not for the season then why not for one or two selected races.

By ensuring that as many people as possible are made aware of what the series has to offer and the potential for the companies involved we can all help to grow the series and we can take pride that we have done our little bit to encourage the growth in our series.

Abo
19th January 2007, 14:30
I've added http://www.putnews.com to the Pickup Truck Racing Wikipedia entry

racing59
20th January 2007, 21:30
On to the main point sponsorship comes in many facets and I know that all the teams appreciate the sponsors they have on board. In fact I myself had a sponsorship arrangement last season on one of the cars for a period of time, but the main point is anyone who is reading this can help the series by telling as many friends and work colleagues about the series and also send e-mails to your company bosses asking them to consider taking part, if not for the season then why not for one or two selected races.

By ensuring that as many people as possible are made aware of what the series has to offer and the potential for the companies involved we can all help to grow the series and we can take pride that we have done our little bit to encourage the growth in our series.

Great idea.

Contact Dek and get some of the series flyers - he has a heap.

I picked up a big wedge of them at the show, and have been spreading them around here.

If you run a website, carry a flyer on that - perhaps someone could come up with a funky banner for the series - both SCSA and PuT - emphasising that it is unique in this sceptred isle, if not Europe, and one heck of a spectacle.

We could do with some more celebs on our side!! Having Shane Lynch in the seat at Revolution is, as Tony the Tiger says, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat.

It's a shame that Dreamworks released Cars when they did. If it were released over here in March 07, we could have made much more use of it to promote Rockingham to the general public, let alone the kids (who will be the future's spectators and maybe some will be competitors).

There is great potential, and I feel that, with what I now know, the current regime at the BRSCC recognise this, and let's all work together to make me a millionaire! (fat chance - I love my motorsport too much!)

Whoops, I mean make the series a big big big success, and let's fill those stands up again!

Rob.

Nick Brad
22nd January 2007, 12:25
It's a shame that Dreamworks released Cars when they did. If it were released over here in March 07, we could have made much more use of it to promote Rockingham to the general public, let alone the kids (who will be the future's spectators and maybe some will be competitors).

Whoops, I mean make the series a big big big success, and let's fill those stands up again!

Rob.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but one of the Babygrands teams has jumped on this opportunity with a "Baby Lightning McQueen" which is featured in SC mag and is doing the rounds at the local schools and so on generating publicity as well as raising money for good causes. It was a great piece of thinking and goes to show that the cars don't need to be racing to generate publicity. :)

Nick.

Tiesse
23rd January 2007, 00:00

It was actually Disney that released Cars last year & the film was responsible for my lad Ryan wanting to come & see 'the cars that are like Lightning McQueen'. I then brought him with me for the remaining meetings which led him to tell his cousin all about it, that made him come to the Ovalfest meeting, that led him to tell his mates at school (I could go on, but it does prove you right!).

Needless to say we are all wanting the weeks to go quickly towards the first Thunder Sunday, just getting a little impatient at the moment, filling my winter weekends with watching ice hockey (come on Lightning!).

Jeff Carter
23rd January 2007, 10:52
I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but one of the Babygrands teams has jumped on this opportunity with a "Baby Lightning McQueen" which is featured in SC mag and is doing the rounds at the local schools and so on generating publicity as well as raising money for good causes. It was a great piece of thinking and goes to show that the cars don't need to be racing to generate publicity. :)

Nick.

We were talking to Disney about 'Cars' in 2005 on the back of the use of Herbie at one of the Thunder Sunday events. However all the people dealing with this left Rockingham and it didn't get picked up.

I hope the BabyGrands team have informed Disney of what they are doing, remember all Disney products are trademarked. I don't want to be a party pooper, and the teams intentions are probably very honourable, but Disney do frown on corporations / organisations using Disney products without permission to help promote third party products etc. Disney make a lot of money from selling these licences.

Let's be honest, the prime purpose in this activity is to raise awareness for BabyGrands and their events. If they are getting the car into the magazines, local papers then someone from Disney's PR / Marketing company here in the UK will get to hear about it.

However, if they have sought permission, it is a great opportunity to raise awareness amongst the general population of this style of racing and I wish them luck in their endeavours.

Jeff

Nick Brad
23rd January 2007, 11:54
I recall something being mentioned about a possible Rockingham deal with Disney way back, but as you say, the people dealing with it parted ways and the series nearly died as a result.
Now we have some competent people holding the reins again who are taking the series forward and I can only hope that they hurry up with 'Cars 2' so Rockingham can use the opportunity this time round. The other big Nascar film of course is Talladega Nights which was released on DVD last week, however the timing wasn't good and it would be a lot harder for an individual team to make a promotional link to that film unless someone's lucky enough to be related to Will Ferrell.

deadsquirrel
23rd January 2007, 18:57
Rockingham can use the opportunity this time round. The other big Nascar film of course is Talladega Nights which was released on DVD last week, however the timing wasn't good and it would be a lot harder for an individual team to make a promotional link to that film unless someone's lucky enough to be related to Will Ferrell.
Not sure I'd want to be associated with TN to be truthful - not the best endorsement of our sport or culture.

Abo
23rd January 2007, 20:51
Not sure I'd want to be associated with TN to be truthful - not the best endorsement of our sport or culture.

It sucked. Apart from a couple of quoted the film was a steaming pile of ****