PDA

View Full Version : Richard Lloyd

Funks
31st March 2008, 21:26
I know that the subject is covered elsewhere and in much more detail on other GT / Endurance Racing websites, but a mention should be made here in this small corner of the forum for the sad passing yesterday of Richard Lloyd. Richard made a huge contribution to endurance racing. He was a keen sportscar driver throughout the 80s and into the 90s and also had great success as the man at the helm of Audi Sport UK and of course more recently the Bentley Boys and Apex Motorsport.

IMSAFAN1
1st April 2008, 00:47
I remember meeting Mr. Lloyd at Le Mans one year when he was running the Canon 956 with Jonathan Palmer and James Weaver. He was a very personable gentleman who took time out to chat with me in regards to some technical info. He had a very good racing record in group c. He also has a very unique history in regards to his 956. His car is the only 956 still with original ownership. {956-106B} years later at rennsport I met him again and he remembered me. We've lost a great person in sportscar racing. My heart goes out to his family.