PDA

View Full Version : STR makes an offer to Force India

ioan
31st March 2008, 15:34
Leaving thrash rags and private lives aside and concentrating on F1 I thought that this is an interesting story in the never ending customer chassis story:

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=34314

Will Force India accept and not oppose the reintroduction of custom chassis to F1?!

Tazio
31st March 2008, 16:01
It depends on the dollar amount Kollen Kolles has invested a lot of time into this. I suspect he is going to want to be remunerated in an amount that reflects potential revenue losses plus legal fees, and damages. I stated it on another thread Kolles aint playing. He has the legal higher ground, and could cconceivably take down Redbull F1!

SGWilko
31st March 2008, 22:24
I also think Sir Frank might also have something to say............

Tazio
31st March 2008, 22:28
I also think Sir Frank might also have something to say............This is more serious than a lot of people realize!

wmcot
31st March 2008, 23:54

My thoughts exactly. Perhaps customer cars should be allowed, but revenue would be shared with manufacturer teams.

Even more fair would be to allocate all FIA money with a larger amount going to the poorest teams. That might create parity in F1!

Valve Bounce
1st April 2008, 01:57

Unless Frank proves to be successful in his pursuit of a top placing in the WCC, and be able to manufacture for, or flog off his old cars to a customer, it will be difficult for Max to introduce customer cars to F1 in the forseeable future, even allowing for the eventuality that Max will remain holding the whip hand in F1.

Force India, although they are wimpering a lot these days, are only a minor party to the contra customer cars episode - I suspect Frank was the main force in forcing the denial of a customer car team to Prodrive.

MAX_THRUST
1st April 2008, 12:33
It does bug me they can sell engines to other teams but can't pass on cars. What if they were forced to use old cars, not from the 50's but last years car. surely thats good for the enviroment and will bring F1 carbon foot print down.

Max will continue to dish out the punishment in F1 to those he does not like!!!!

Tazio
1st April 2008, 18:26
It does bug me they can sell engines to other teams but can't pass on cars. What if they were forced to use old cars, not from the 50's but last years car. surely thats good for the enviroment and will bring F1 carbon foot print down.

Max will continue to dish out the punishment in F1 to those he does not like!!!!

Wouldn't that defeat the whole Idea of having a WCC?
I would think that MM and or BE for once are holding to a time honored tradition
by having the constructors being, well, the constructor

ioan
1st April 2008, 18:39
Wouldn't that defeat the whole Idea of having a WCC?
I would think that MM and or BE for once are holding to a time honored tradition
by having the constructors being, well, the constructor

It has nothing to do with MM and BE. Both were in favor of the customer chassis.
Force India (then Spyker) and Wiliams were the ones that threatened with law suits in case the customer chassis are allowed under the new Concorde Agreement.

ratonmacias
1st April 2008, 19:43
Williams is right to fight this what if prodrive was using the mclaren mercedes then they would be carwise behind ferrari, mclaren, bmw and prodrive. plus it would be tempting to buy some ferrari or bmw cars then williams would be 7th if they managed to beat renault and toyota. while teams like spyker could actually buy cars and beat williams.

theres other series where you can buy everything leave f1 as a constructor series.

Tazio
1st April 2008, 20:13
[quote="ioan"]It has nothing to do with MM and BE. Both were in favor of the customer chassis.
Force India (then Spyker) and Wiliams were the ones that threatened with law suits [quote]

OK I know about the suits as I previously posted on this thread ok I'm wrong about BE, and MM But to address Max thusts point
Wouldn't that defeat the whole Idea of having a WCC,
if there are not autonomous constuctors?
This is the rule, and the tradition!
I'm not saying it's the best thing for the sport in this day and age!
Advocating this change is possibly the right thing to do!
It will redefine the meaning of WCC
I'm ok with that if it is the only way F1 can survive

ioan
1st April 2008, 20:49
It has nothing to do with MM and BE. Both were in favor of the customer chassis.
Force India (then Spyker) and Wiliams were the ones that threatened with law suits

OK I know about the suits as I previously posted on this thread ok I'm wrong about BE, and MM But to address Max thusts point
Wouldn't that defeat the whole Idea of having a WCC,
if there are not autonomous constuctors?
This is the rule, and the tradition!

May be the rule, but certainly not the tradition.
F1 at the beginning was contested with customer cars too.

Tazio
1st April 2008, 21:17
Force India (then Spyker) and Wiliams were the ones that threatened with law suits

You KILL me
How long have they had the current protocal?
Uha that makes it traditional
If you want to nit pick
wast someone else's time please
Thanks

BDunnell
1st April 2008, 21:27
I thought ioan's point was perfectly reasonable and entirely valid.

Tazio
2nd April 2008, 05:17
I thought ioan's point was perfectly reasonable and entirely valid.A childish fable," answered Giovanni, nervously starting from his chair. "I marvel how your worship finds time to read such nonsense among your graver studies."

Thy words of hatred are like lead within my heart; but they, too, will fall away as I ascend.

wmcot
2nd April 2008, 05:25

Didn't the customer teams have a different championship separate from the constructors? If it would save F1, I'm in favor of customer cars, but I feel they should race in a lesser championship than the constructors - much like the different classes in LMS and ALMS races.