PDA

View Full Version : Seat (lack Of Data???)

AndyRAC
30th March 2008, 21:20
During the coverage today a few times it was mentioned that Seat don't have much data with the new TDI to go on. I'm slightly confused - the WTCC Seat's are the same, aren't they? If so, why aren't they getting info off the WTCC team?
Anyway, as the season goes on I expect the Seats to get faster and faster, and be the best car by the end of the season.

jonv
30th March 2008, 21:24
They don't have any info on the diesel on the UK tracks

m0rk
30th March 2008, 21:27
or Dunlops

AndyRAC
30th March 2008, 21:30
Fair point - I'd forgotten about the Dunlops.

LiamM
30th March 2008, 21:39
Thruxton could be tough for them the extra weight on the front axle will put more pressure on the front tyres

VkmSpouge
30th March 2008, 21:54
The SEATs were pretty awesome on the straights. At circuits with long straights they will do exceedingly well.

thompp
31st March 2008, 10:49
The SEATs were pretty awesome on the straights. At circuits with long straights they will do exceedingly well.

..which was their big problem last year..!

Brown, Jon Brow
31st March 2008, 12:33
They seem quick on the straights but one of the strengths of the old petrol leon was that it was light on tyres, maybe they have gone one step back and only gone one step forwards :s

wedge
31st March 2008, 12:57
They seem quick on the straights but one of the strengths of the old petrol leon was that it was light on tyres, maybe they have gone one step back and only gone one step forwards :s

Well SEAT are towing the VAG-line of running diesels.

They were better on twistier tracks and VXR better on quicker circuits/quick corners so they balanced out.

Will be interesting as the season goes on because the extra weight could kill them even though the car has good torque.

Won't be too surprised if they blow a few LF tyres at Thruxton.